http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 10:30:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another MTV extravanganza: Gears of War  (Read 724 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10911/Gears-of-War-Race-to-E3/

Underscoring the ongoing convergence between entertainment and technology, The Race to E3 will make a groundbreaking debut across multiple platforms including Xbox Live. In connection with the show, Xbox 360 owners will be able to download the first-ever high-definition television content on Xbox Live Marketplace. Premiering the week of May 8, these 3-minute episodes take viewers into the lives of the team at Epic Games, the world famous game developer behind “Gears of War.” Then on Friday, May 19 at 10 PM Eastern/Pacific, the drama culminates in the primetime special Gears of War: The Race to E3, on MTV2, with additional exclusive content available on MTV2.com, MTV Overdrive and Xbox Live.

“We’re tapping our Project Greenlight experience and translating it to videogames, a creative field that rivals the movie business—and in the gaming world, it doesn’t get any bigger than ‘Gears of War’,” stated Larry Tanz, CEO LivePlanet. “We are excited to partner with Xbox, a brand known for pushing the boundaries of entertainment, and MTV2 to offer this unique program across multiple platforms.”

As much as I want Gears of War after the way MTV screwed up the 360 preview do I really want to watch this?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 09:05:40 PM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"

As much as I want Gears of War after the way MTV screwed up the 360 preview do I really want to watch this?

Does MTV have anything to do with these promotions besides airing them on their channel? I believe that the 360 preview was done by Microsoft and they just bought airtime on MTV. It was essentially just an extended commercial.

Still, if it's on MTV, I'll pass, simply because the show will have a sensibility and attittude that I can't appreciate any more.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »

I will record it with my DVR and see if they show any decent game footage. I just wish I had MTV in HD so I could see what it might look like on my TV when I actually get to play it. I downloaded the trailer off of live but that doesnt have any gameplay footage, so I am hoping they show some good gameplay footage.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 09:27:44 PM »

I'll TiVo the final special. You're probably right about the format following that 360 launch thing. They probably have 3 minutes of in-game footage they will show in 2-3 second bursts over an hour. I'm sure the TiVo will be getting a FF work out during this show as well.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 01:08:52 AM »

Ugh, why couldn't this have culminated in making the E3 demo available on Live?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 03:03:45 AM »

this actually turned out to be pretty good...not a lot of substance, but what they did was interesting.  it really wasn't about showing off the game though.  instead, it was a mini-documentary on the weeks leading up to E3 and Epic's efforts to be ready on time.  they didn't show anything new about the game or make any major revelations about when it will be ready, but it was a fun little behind-the-scenes look.  

and just for the record...tim sweeney may be a nerd, but he has a couple damn nice cars slywink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2006, 05:37:11 AM »

I just finished watching this and I agree that it was pretty good. A mini-reality show about the month building up to the E3 demo. Not very much info on the game, but fun anyway.

LiveTAG: happydog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: