http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:50:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another big 360 release day!  (Read 1460 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2006, 01:04:05 PM »

Far Cry, Rumble Roses XX and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires are all out today! Top Spin 2 will be out tomorrow.

So who is getting what?

I'm getting Far Cry and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires for sure. I like Wrestling games, so I might get Rumble Roses as well, depending on reviews etc.

Also, I saw a TON of 360's yesterday at Target. They had their entire lower case area filled with Premium 360's. They even had another 5 cores on top of that. Best Buy also had a sign (that wasn't put out yet) that said "Xbox 360's available here!"....the relaunch is almost here. smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »

I can't even imagine buying another game with Oblivion released.  Far Cry would be nice, but my wallet is drained from all the games I bought in March.    You, though, apparently have an endless stream of income.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:10:05 PM »

I am thinking Far Cry and DW 5 will be definates, although I may wait a few weeks for my wallet to recoup.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »

It would be great if RR was really good...

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
FlyingElvis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:16 PM »

Did they do anything new with Dynasty Warriors? I love the gameplay, but they have rehashed this game ad nauseum.

Now playing: Oblivion, X3: The Reunion
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »

Dynasty Warriors will be a Gamefly rental in the future, but otherwise, no, I've spent enough on games for now.  Only other purchases I see before summer are Tetris DS and the new Mario title on the DS.  Which, together, will cost as much as just one of those 360 games.  slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 02:23:29 PM »

Quote from: "FlyingElvis"
Did they do anything new with Dynasty Warriors? I love the gameplay, but they have rehashed this game ad nauseum.

It's a new title in the Empires series of games. They still have the hack and slash stuff from the regular Dynasty Warriors games, but they add a strategic layer to the game that isn't in the regular version.

Check out the Gamespot review for more info on the Empires version of the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/dynastywarriors5empires/review.html?sid=6146757

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 02:26:08 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Far Cry, Rumble Roses XX and Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires are all out today! Top Spin 2 will be out tomorrow.

Far Cry - prettier rehash of Xbox game.  I am sure it will have new levels, and some other tweaks but it is basically the same game redone.

Rumble Roses XX - I think the IGN review said it well "Rumble Roses XX isn't trying to be a great wrestling game; it's trying to give 13-year-old gamers a reason to lock their bedroom doors at night, and in that it succeeds. The wrestling is just a vehicle to get us there. But the sexy novelty of the Roses wears off quickly."

Dynasty Warriors 5 - How many times will gamers go back to the same game rehashed?  Again, like Far Cry I expect it will look prettier and have some new features but basically it is just another in the long line.  

I wouldn't say a big release day.  This is what a normal release week should look like - a few average games.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"

Far Cry - prettier rehash of Xbox game.  I am sure it will have new levels, and some other tweaks but it is basically the same game redone.

I never played the Xbox version, so it's all good to me! Actually though, it has a whole new single player game (that is also being released on the Xbox today) on top of an enhanced version of the original Xbox game. So, it's two games in one. Add to that the slew of Xbox Live modes and a new level editor....and it is shaping up to be quite a winner.

Rumble Roses XX - I think the IGN review said it well "Rumble Roses XX isn't trying to be a great wrestling game; it's trying to give 13-year-old gamers a reason to lock their bedroom doors at night, and in that it succeeds. The wrestling is just a vehicle to get us there. But the sexy novelty of the Roses wears off quickly."

Well damn, I was hoping for a good wrestling game for the 360.  frown

Dynasty Warriors 5 - How many times will gamers go back to the same game rehashed? Again, like Far Cry I expect it will look prettier and have some new features but basically it is just another in the long line.

Except this isn't Dynasty Warriors 5, this is a new game in the Empires series. It's not just the same old thing. Yes, it does have the hack and slash from those games, but it also has a strategic game to it as well. It's qutie a bit different than DW5.

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »

Looks like a fun rental.  I grow tired of wrestling games quickly anyway.  Rumble Roses will probably amuse me just as long as the Dead or Alive games that feel pretty shallow as well.  

Any good Top Spin reviews, or reviews on Far Cry?

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 04:54:12 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
I can't even imagine buying another game with Oblivion released.  Far Cry would be nice, but my wallet is drained from all the games I bought in March.    You, though, apparently have an endless stream of income.

And apparently Hetz knows how to travel through time, thus allowing him to play Oblivion as well as other games. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 05:26:02 PM »

The clear solution to everyone's oblivion addictions is to collect every copy of the game ever made, put them into a rocket along with the game's developers, and shoot them into the sun.

Or maybe I just hate the game.

Far Cry for me, of course. I'm a shooter whore.

I already pre-sold it.

I might even manage to finish off the singleplayer campaign of GRAW before I go pick it up.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 05:51:29 PM »

Good points

I think what I really feel is that a FPS, a wrestling game, and a hack n slash are just pretty rehashes of well established genres.  There really isn't anything new there.  

That isn't bad but I just don't see this as a "big 360 release day".  It feels to me like what consoles shoudl be having every week or month.  

Here are this weeks releases (according to Gamers With Jobs)

PC:
American Conquest: Divided Nation (03/27)
Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators (03/27)
UberSoldier (03/27)
Buccaneer's Bounty (03/27)
Neighbors from Hell: On Vacation (03/27)
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth (03/28)
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (03/28)
Daemonica (03/28)
Commuter Express v2.0 (03/28)
Shadowgrounds (03/28)
Mahjong Century (03/28)
Origin of the Species (03/29)
7 Wonders (03/29)

XBOX360:
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (03/28)
Far Cry: Instincts Predator (03/28)
Rumble Roses XX (03/28)
Top Spin 2 (03/29)

XBOX:
NBA Ballers: Phenom (03/27)
Far Cry: Instincts Evolution (03/28)

GAMECUBE:
Harvest Moon: Magic Melody (03/28)
Kao The Kangaroo Round 2 (03/29)

PS2:
NBA Ballers: Phenom (03/27)
Kingdom Hearts II (03/28)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (03/28)
Beatmania Bundle (03/28)
River King: A Wonderful Journey (03/28)
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires (03/28)
Kao The Kangaroo Round 2 (03/29)

GBA:
Top Spin 2 (03/29)

DS:
Super Black Bass Fishing (03/28)
Top Spin 2 (03/29)

PSP:
Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code (03/27)
Kao Challengers (03/29)

Now to me it looks like the PS2 is having a bigger day - KH2, FSW:10 Hammers, GRAW, and Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 06:05:23 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Now to me it looks like the PS2 is having a bigger day - KH2, FSW:10 Hammers, GRAW, and Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires.

Bah, bunch of rehashes of well established genres.  :wink:

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »

I'm getting Top Spin 2 for sure.  Top Spin was the best tennis game IMO even better than Virtua Tennis.  Hopefully the sequel won't suck.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 06:37:33 PM »

And apparently Hetz knows how to travel through time, thus allowing him to play Oblivion as well as other games.
lol Destructor... I can't even manage to decide on my character for my most anticipated game since Morrowind.  If FFXI was out now, then I'd be trying to split time between it and Oblvion, but with the Beta endiing in a few days, I gave up. Choosing a new character (not named "Test" lol) will take me a long time, after how hideously deformed they turned the Khajiits.  :evil:  ...And I'm getting very little sleep now! Time travel would be super useful...

I also have a brand new Farcry Instincts still sitting in it's wrapper, and Starshifter's RE 4 trade staring at me guiltily as well.  Those, Oblivion, and FFXI means that  I can't even imagine buying another game any time soon.  Luckily, by 6 months from now GRAW will be dirt cheap, lol.  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 07:12:08 PM »

Gamespot gave Rumble Roses a 6.6  It doesn't sound like it's worth $60.

If you go to the review (2nd page, last pic) there's a shot from the game that looks...err...halfway funny, halfway NSFW.  Limbo dance with swimsuit!  smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 07:19:38 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
Gamespot gave Rumble Roses a 6.6  It doesn't sound like it's worth $60.

If you go to the review (2nd page, last pic) there's a shot from the game that looks...err...halfway funny, halfway NSFW.  Limbo dance with swimsuit!  smile

There is a video of the limbo...game on IGN.  It was nice.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 11:29:59 PM »

Maybe rent far cry, but oblivion takes all my time now.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 03:07:47 PM »

definetly want the new far cry,the first for xbox 1 was great,and this one is all that and more missions

only my next game will be FFXI,just bought oblivion ,so i have to get these games few and far between...its not just the money,its the time....pgr3 and kameo havent been talking ot me since i havent played on them for ages...and i have to keep call of duty 2 happy every now and then(especially ith the new patch)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: