http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 06:17:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 36558 times)
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

I actually started playing this again.  I've been pulling weeds and chopping down trees that don't bear fruit and planting new fruit trees.

Strange how addictive this game is - it goes in spurts for me.

How long until the roaches in my home are gone?
toger
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2006, 12:19:19 AM »

Quote from: "warning"
How long until the roaches in my home are gone?

Chasing them down and stepping on them makes them go away pretty fast.  biggrin

Powered by PMS
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2006, 12:47:39 AM »

Okay, Tom Nook's catalog is STILL backordered for me.  This is like, the 3rd-4th day in a row.  NOT COOL, not cool.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:47 AM »

I'm slowly paying off my debt to get a bigger house.  Only 50,000 more bells!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2006, 06:36:15 AM »

This game is still owning me and my wife quite a bit. We absolutely LOVE it still. I easily see us playing this for A REALLY LONG, LONG time to come Tongue .
depward

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2006, 06:44:08 AM »

It's never rained at my town.  Not even once.  And yet TML's town gets a dose of rain daily.  Though, I have gotten a couple of purdy rainbows.

Yep, this game still rocks.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2006, 07:27:53 AM »

<3 the rain.  And it's appropriate!  I named my town after the town right next to the one I live in; and it rains constantly here during the spring biggrin

CATALOG STILL BACKORDERED FROM NOOK'S.  Getting irritating.

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2006, 04:03:06 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
CATALOG STILL BACKORDERED FROM NOOK'S.  Getting irritating.

that's a pretty nasty problem, & one i've never seen mentioned anywhere...

you do have a nookington's, eh? you received the last item you ordered? if not, did you time-travel after ordering something but before you received it? not much else i can think of that might cause it. sorry,...

got gulliver again today (have to run home & put on my helmet & space suit before i give'm his parts smile ) - at four visits total, he's been my second most-frequent 'surprise' visitor, right behind dr. shrunk at 5. no one else's been by more than 3 times (this is since mid-december). no rainbows yet, but my wife's town got hit by a serious thunderstorm a couple days back...

still havin' fun...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2006, 05:17:32 PM »

I haven't time-warped, but while connecting to Depward's town about a week ago my game froze up so I had to power off...that might be the problem frown

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2006, 06:20:42 PM »

I haven't time-warped, but while connecting to Depward's town about a week ago my game froze up so I had to power off...that might be the problem frown

man, that sucks... if the catalog's backordered, it's because your save state's saying there's stuff in the pipe that hasn't been delivered - but it sounds like your save state also has no record of anything on order, or you'd receive it. not sure how the game locking up could've triggered that, tho, come to think of it, i always seem to get deliveries when connecting to my wife's town - did some info (like what you last ordered) move from rom to ram just prior to the lockup, maybe? y'know, that would explain it...

you'd think it'd self-correct somehow. have you reconnected w/ depward since?...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2006, 06:41:47 PM »

I have reconnected with him, yeah.  We connect pretty much daily biggrin

Also, this is weird, none of my trees will grow.  I plant 1-2 daily (trying to make an evergreen forest) and for the past 4 days or so, they all die.  What the heck is going on!

TheMissingLink on PSN
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2006, 08:35:16 PM »

I have reconnected with him, yeah.  We connect pretty much daily biggrin

Also, this is weird, none of my trees will grow.  I plant 1-2 daily (trying to make an evergreen forest) and for the past 4 days or so, they all die.  What the heck is going on!

really don't know what else to say/think about the backorder thing - bummer...

as far as tree planting, there are quite a few bare spots in my town, too, sometimes right in the middle of groups of trees - if you really think it's a problem, chop down a tree & plant over it (you know about the areas near signs?  - those are built-in bare spots for future neighbor houses)...

Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 10, 2006, 05:22:52 PM »

Who's still actively playing this? I just picked up a DS and will be grabbing AC:WW tonight and would like to get in on some of the online action...We're wireless at work, so on Monday I am going to try and get connected during the workday, 9-5 EST and would leave my gates open during those hours.

So can I get some replies from people still actively playing and then I can add you to my friends list? Additionally, I'll be sure to post my information once I get the game.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2006, 05:39:59 PM »

Quote from: "Poomba"
Who's still actively playing this? I just picked up a DS and will be grabbing AC:WW tonight and would like to get in on some of the online action...We're wireless at work, so on Monday I am going to try and get connected during the workday, 9-5 EST and would leave my gates open during those hours.

So can I get some replies from people still actively playing and then I can add you to my friends list? Additionally, I'll be sure to post my information once I get the game.

I play every day, but I stopped trying to connect with people online because nobody ever has their town open.  I will look in the Friend Code thread and add you.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
depward

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2006, 05:49:32 PM »

I'm actively playing it.  I'll see if I can visit someone's town tonight.  Right when everyone got the game, we were all going to each other's towns regularly.  It's a lot of fun!

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: March 11, 2006, 01:47:42 AM »

Beryl's gates are open.

Dreamshadow - 0172 4061 6168, Nathan, Beryl

They'll be open for a couple of hours tonight, prolly until midnight CST.

Primary Export: Oranges

Full Nookington's

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 11, 2006, 04:22:12 AM »

I've been back to my town on semi-regular basis, but I haven't been connecting online.  If anyone is awake during the graveyard shift, my town should be open.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 13, 2006, 02:03:15 PM »

OK, discojason and depward, I've got you in my friends list..My gates are open till about 4:30 p.m. EST today. My info is below

Code: 4080-8892-0394
Name: Rob
Town: Bobert

I'll add some of the others posted above throughout the day today! I have pears, would love some other fruits too!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 13, 2006, 02:57:11 PM »

Sweet Poomba, I'll add you asap if you aren't already added.

Today doesn't work so well, seeing as how I'm working.  Tomorrow I'm off though, so you might be seeing me (if your gates are open) then!

I bought 2200 white turnips, so if anyone's Stalk Market is buying turnips for a high price, lemme sell!

Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 13, 2006, 04:42:57 PM »

Thanks Depward...I'll have it up most everyday, Mon-Fri from 9-5 EST (work is wireless!).

I've also added Nth Power and Dreamshadow. If any of you guys want to visit, the gates are open!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 13, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

Cool Poomba,  I'll add you to my list! smile

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 14, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »

Poomba, not sure if you noticed, but I visited your town yesterday.  You should have a couple of mails, a post on your board, and a new outfit in your tailor shop.

Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 14, 2006, 03:23:08 PM »

Poomba, not sure if you noticed, but I visited your town yesterday. You should have a couple of mails, a post on your board, and a new outfit in your tailor shop.

...and the pitfalls everywhere  :wink:

Thanks DiscoJason...I've also got a few new residents, one from your town.

I had to leave the DS at home today so the wife could get in some play time with Super Princess Peach...I'll have it with me tomorrow and fired up. I'll post to confirm around 9 a.m. EST.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 14, 2006, 03:56:23 PM »

...and the pitfalls everywhere  :wink:

Guilt as charged.  My Lost and Found had 10 of them, so I grabbed a bunch on the way out of town and decided ot plague you with them.  Which townie did you get?

Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 14, 2006, 04:13:31 PM »

I don't remember the townie's name, I can check tonight. I have a few new citizens, a horse, a girly mouse and one other.

I also caught a Koi on Sunday...didn't realize this guy was rare and I could've sold it for 2,000 bells! Shoot, at least I can show him off in the aquarium.
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 15, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

Hello all...\

Bobert's open today from now till about 3 p.m. EST!! Come on by and leave me something good!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2006, 12:32:17 AM »

Today was the most eventful day in Da Couv...

First of all, it's raining.  I love it when it rains in this game.  But, not only is it raining, there's thunder and lightning!  And when I go inside my house and turn off the lights, the flash of the lightning light up my room.  That is awesome.

So I'm doing my normal thing outside, watering my flower path, trying to build my forest and I spy a UFO!  So I shoot it down!  I ended up collecting the parts of the destroyed ship and get a present from the "alien."  

And it is the coolest gift ever.

It's that peeing-boy statue.  Complete with rushing water!

Oooooooooh Animal Crossing, I love you.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2006, 01:26:38 AM »

When I shot down Gulliver's UFO a couple of days ago all I got was chocolates.  CHOCOLATES.  Come on now!

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »

Wiggles was my first visitor today in many days, so I hope my town wasn't in too bad of shape.

I had an otter named Pascal give me an anchor before he jumped back into the ocean.  Now I have a gigantic anchor sitting in the middle of my house.  Maybe it can make a good coffee table?  eh...probably not.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 18, 2006, 02:29:19 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
When I shot down Gulliver's UFO a couple of days ago all I got was chocolates.  CHOCOLATES.  Come on now!

i love my chocolates! (tho i can't make out what it says on the box)...

weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2006, 02:41:07 PM »

It's that peeing-boy statue.  Complete with rushing water!

Oooooooooh Animal Crossing, I love you.

That is the best ever..I have only seen one UFO and I didn't have my slingshot with me (thinking I wouldn't see anything to shoot at night)..so I missed it.  

I have been playing on and off every other day..but I never have anyone online anymore..either they deleted me or just don't play anymore.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 19, 2006, 06:13:16 AM »

I just hooked up my router so ill be online a lot more - and Poomba i added you!

Code: 0086-5201-3651
Name: Wiggles
Town: CTown
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 19, 2006, 03:54:25 PM »

My town is open for a majority of the day today.  So, stop on by. smile

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 19, 2006, 06:12:58 PM »

add me add me! smile
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 19, 2006, 07:56:55 PM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
add me add me! smile

You are added.

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: March 20, 2006, 01:55:01 AM »

if youre still going online, i also added bobert fortune speyside cheville - plus i have a whole ton of others from a month or two back so if you want another town thats going to be open a bit, check out mine! (yes im people hunting my love of this game has been rekindled)
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 20, 2006, 03:32:52 PM »

Hey Doopri, I'll add you in a little bit. I've been trying to leave my town up for a few hours each day, Mon-Fri between 9-5 EST...I'll probably open up the gates around noon today for a few hours.

Stop on by and don't mess with my cherry tree!
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 28, 2006, 11:12:11 AM »

Wow. I simply can`t believe that we are still playing this game so often and have no plans to quit. I thought I fully understood how to get the golden tools, but...anyone care to explain and maybe I`ll see what I`m doing wrong. Gotta love AC though!
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »

I play about everyday..even if its just for a few minutes.  I am sad of the loss of my original friend that stuck around so long in town.  It was so unexpected  for him to move..all I have left is his picture and some old furniture he tried to throw away but I snatched.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2006, 03:55:39 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Wow. I simply can`t believe that we are still playing this game so often and have no plans to quit. I thought I fully understood how to get the golden tools, but...anyone care to explain and maybe I`ll see what I`m doing wrong. Gotta love AC though!

gold shovel - bury shovel
gold slingshot - shoot down the special package that appears after you've shot down 15 packages
gold pole - catch one of each fish
gold net - catch one of each insect
gold axe - exchange sequence: give a red turnip to wendel, if he gives you a turban, give it to sahara, if she gives you a chair, give it to tortimer, who'll give you a scallop, which you give to pascal (no, i haven't gotten it yet, but i did get my autographed kk slider picture!)
gold can - don't know...

still playing twice a day - got a second mouth of truth from gulliver this a.m., which my wife liked smile ...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: