http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 08:19:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 36211 times)
Starshifter
Gaming Trend Senior Member

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2005, 03:11:43 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
Anyone know if certain types of flowers or trees only grow in certain climates?  A kind soul planted a row of trees in my town and only every other one is growing (and I've been watering them).  Thanks for those!

The same goes for this one type of yellow flower.  I plant flowers and water them, but only that type keeps dying. frown

Nth - trees cannot grow when they are really close to each other.  They will either die or be stunted and only grow to Charlie Brown size.  There has to be some distance between each tree.  This might explain why every other one is surviving.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2005, 03:27:49 AM »

Just wanted to add my son's code.

2921 1960 8540

name - jacob
town - danville

I added a bunch of you guys, but I assume he can't go anywhere until some of you add him.

I'll add my other son's code after he finishes slaving for Tom Nook Laughing

other code is:

1332 0582 3853

name - Troy
town - Mayberry
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2005, 05:46:44 AM »

I`m far from over it. My wife got a DS, and tomarrow we are going to get AC for her. 2 DS`s with AC and MK=goodness. She got the MK bundle, pretty nice looking. Fun night ahead!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2005, 06:18:45 AM »

Just wanted to let coop know that I blame him for the little orphaned girl I had to leave sobbing in the snow next to my gate.  Seems she got seperated from her mommy, who lives in Oliver, and was quite upset.  I told her sorry, but Oliver is gone.

She's turning tricks for oranges behind the NookieMart if anybody else is looking for her.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: December 26, 2005, 03:35:04 PM »

I just added everyone, took me like an hour..so someone needs to add me so I can visit.

2191-0524-4316 October, Everboro

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »

It appears that if you leave your town, that you can't leave your gate open.  So I guess you can't have visitors while you're in someone else's town.
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 26, 2005, 05:23:32 PM »

Quote from: "weleavefossils"
I just added everyone, took me like an hour..so someone needs to add me so I can visit.

2191-0524-4316 October, Everboro

Cool!  Both of my kids are in your town as we speak...but you already knew that.   :lol:
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: December 26, 2005, 06:04:46 PM »

haha they were a fun bunch, tell them thanks again for the rudolf nose and the coconut.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 27, 2005, 11:40:57 PM »

hey whats up just got it lets see if its any fun online!

AC Code:  0086 5201 3651

Name: Wiggles

Town: CTown

also when i set my ds i didnt realize it was a 24 hour clock, not am or pm long story short by the time i got my ds clock set, i reversed my ac clock - 9pm is 9am etc etc - how do i reset the in game animal crossing clock?  its annoying!  the instruction book says your phone does it but i just have 2 options (internet and hmm cant remember the other - neither of which are time!  help!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: December 28, 2005, 01:55:28 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri"
also when i set my ds i didnt realize it was a 24 hour clock, not am or pm long story short by the time i got my ds clock set, i reversed my ac clock - 9pm is 9am etc etc - how do i reset the in game animal crossing clock?  its annoying!  the instruction book says your phone does it but i just have 2 options (internet and hmm cant remember the other - neither of which are time!  help!

I had the same problem (didn't ever adjust my DS for the time change).  When I fixed my DS clock my AC clock was wrong.

I'll sell you the secret for a Tall Warbloid, a conch, and 1300 Bells.

Just continue your game as normal, but DO NOT wake your guy up!  Click on the phone with the stylus and it will give you an option to sync the clock.  Obviously you should ensure your DS clock is correct first.  Worked like a charm.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 28, 2005, 12:24:11 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
Quote from: "Nth Power"
Anyone know if certain types of flowers or trees only grow in certain climates?  A kind soul planted a row of trees in my town and only every other one is growing (and I've been watering them).  Thanks for those!

The same goes for this one type of yellow flower.  I plant flowers and water them, but only that type keeps dying. frown

Nth - trees cannot grow when they are really close to each other.  They will either die or be stunted and only grow to Charlie Brown size.  There has to be some distance between each tree.  This might explain why every other one is surviving.

Thanks Starshifter, that would explain the tree problem.  smile
Some of the flowers keep dying though, even if they aren't surrounded by anything else.  I suppose some may be seasonal?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
depward

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 29, 2005, 09:48:51 PM »

Just wanted to give a quick update on my town since I haven't (and still won't) be online due to limited internet access:

Narshe is doing great.  From all of the fruits I got from everyone's towns early on, I now have about a 20 tree orchard right by my house where I harvest fruits every couple of days and earn a good deal of bells on.

I have the upstairs room now too.  I chose to do the cloud wall and flooring along with some gyroids up there.  Then there are two computers in the middle of the floor too.  I tried for a weird Truman Show sort of look   biggrin

My residents still talk about how Nth sounded like a "fish master" or whatnot.  Your presence still resonates in Narshe!

Still having tons of fun with the game.  Along with Ouendan, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Mario Kart, Bust-a-Move, Nintendogs (sparingly now, haha), I'm fully content!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 30, 2005, 12:00:36 AM »

Quote from: "depward"

My residents still talk about how Nth sounded like a "fish master" or whatnot.  Your presence still resonates in Narshe!

That's a catchy title!  
A couple residents in my town have taken it upon themselves to call me "N-Bot".  N-Bot the fishmaster.  I like it!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: December 30, 2005, 01:01:25 AM »

I went to look at my constellations and noticed "gotse man" was listed as a new one.  Anybody want to take credit for this...masterpiece of stellar design?  :o

I had my gates open all day, but when I returned it said the connection was lost.  Oh well...  I hope Alice didn't move.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 30, 2005, 10:03:34 PM »

So I visited Tibby's town - nice touch with the labels on all of the fruit trees smile

If anybody needs a golden shovel, I have two or three sitting in my town...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #335 on: December 31, 2005, 01:29:55 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"

The gates are closed!  I'll be around if you unlock them...

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 31, 2005, 04:31:39 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

The gates are closed!  I'll be around if you unlock them...

Sorry - I'm having problems with my Linksys router dropping wireless connections after 15-30min or so, and it looks like the firmware upgrade I did this morning didn't help....

At any rate, I'm logging back in again right now (8:30pm PST).

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 31, 2005, 09:10:40 PM »

Lights are up on my trees, the countdown timer is a runnin', the party poppers are in place - New Years Eve in Narshe is going to ROCK!

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 01, 2006, 06:07:53 PM »

a few tunes to brighten up your new year, doyoing!...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: January 01, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »

haha, that music is so sweet to the ear.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 02, 2006, 07:55:46 PM »

The wife got one and is REALLY enjoying it so far. But wow, Animal Crossing was hard to find. We must have called 15 stores and we found ONE. We think it was a return at that.  I heard that they (nintendo) is out of `em!!! :shock:  More of the game isn`t supposed to be in stores until the 15th of this month. Get this EB is taking preorders for a game that has been out for over a month.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:17 AM »

After get tired of listening to the "no milkshake" comment, I finally spend about 4 hours to cutting down and planting. Now my town is wonderful, hurray.smile
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2006, 02:30:32 PM »

Anyone have cherries in their town?  That is the one fruit I am missing.  I connect online and I rarely see anyone's town open anymore.  Everyone bored already? frown

At any rate, if one of you has cherries let me know and I will contact you trying to set up a time when I can come over.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2006, 03:35:41 PM »

I just planed cherries two days ago, so I should hopefully have some today or tomorrow if you want to stop by smile

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2006, 03:43:01 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
Anyone have cherries in their town?  That is the one fruit I am missing.  I connect online and I rarely see anyone's town open anymore.  Everyone bored already? frown

At any rate, if one of you has cherries let me know and I will contact you trying to set up a time when I can come over.

I would try to help, but someone doesn't have me added! smile

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 04, 2006, 03:59:08 PM »

I just planed cherries two days ago, so I should hopefully have some today or tomorrow if you want to stop by smile

Looks like I have three fresh cherries at the entrance of my town - I'm logging in now and should be around for the next half hour or so if you or anybody else wants to grab them (or pears, peaches, oranges, apples).

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 04, 2006, 04:27:25 PM »

I must have missed you, Dimmona because I don't see you on.  As for weleavefossils, I hadn't checked the list in a while and didn't see all the new additions.  You are now added.  Man, there are more people on that list than slots for friends codes.  That's too bad.  At any rate, I will keep checking for you two to be on.  Thanks.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 04, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »

Okay.  I've just decided to leave my gates open here, so anyone with cherries feel free to come by and drop some off.  I thank you in advance.  I have the DS plugged into an outlet, so I will leave my town open all day.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: January 04, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »

I just dropped 14 cherries around you.  I actually brought 15 but accidentally ate one!

Enjoy!

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 04, 2006, 10:08:29 PM »

I think the wife and I are going to have a bit of a animal crossing evening tonight. Can`t beat two DSs and two Animal crossing cards :wink:  So anyone else happy that how much time you spend on this game is NOT recorded?  biggrin
jasper
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 04, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »

Longtime lurker dating back to GG's demise here. I'm looking for more towns to visit and more visitors. Just about to post my tender vittles in the other post on Multiplayer.

Cherries are native to my town, by the way. And the Sables were offering a nifty detective's hat (aka deerstalker) today...

cheers,
jasper
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 04, 2006, 10:53:17 PM »

Quote from: "jasper"
Longtime lurker dating back to GG's demise here. I'm looking for more towns to visit and more visitors. Just about to post my tender vittles in the other post on Multiplayer.

Welcome!  I'll go ahead and update the Multiplayer list and look for you online.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: January 04, 2006, 11:52:46 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
I think the wife and I are going to have a bit of a animal crossing evening tonight. Can`t beat two DSs and two Animal crossing cards :wink:  So anyone else happy that how much time you spend on this game is NOT recorded?  biggrin

Just make sure that your native fruits are different.  That will be a great help in getting a leg up on your finances.  You can pick all your fruit and sell it at her Nook's and vice-versa for a lot more money.  Plant some of the new stuff in your town and then harvest the goodness.  Score!

weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: January 05, 2006, 05:16:05 AM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
I must have missed you, Dimmona because I don't see you on.  As for weleavefossils, I hadn't checked the list in a while and didn't see all the new additions.  You are now added.  Man, there are more people on that list than slots for friends codes.  That's too bad.  At any rate, I will keep checking for you two to be on.  Thanks.

haha, its okay, I was just playing.  It does suck that you are limited in space.  I didn't get a chance to get on today (do to work) but I should be on the next few days during the day or night.  I'm looking forward to visiting.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
ddunwoody
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 06, 2006, 02:22:28 AM »

Added Dimmona to my friend list (couldn't send a PM, as my lurk vs de-lurk ratio is apalling, and I haven't made 10 posts yet!).  I assume that the hollow red triangles next to each person in my list means they haven't added me to their friend list.

I've opened my gates a few times, so that WFC would check for reciprocity, do I need to do anything else?

Having a ball in this game - spent two hours this evening without really noticing... got chastised by one of my neighbours for not being around during the day to make a snowman for her - couldn't find the "I've got a job" button. smile

Between this and Ouendan, I forgot to have any dinner tonight!

Xbox360 - Winston2108
BF2 Nick - Winston21
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 07, 2006, 12:42:37 AM »

Nothing makes me feel like a hardcore gamer more than hearing that lullaby play when it's loading or saving my game.  Tongue

Loving the game.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 07, 2006, 01:41:16 AM »

Still loving it here as well...may sound retarded, but I'm trying to turn my whole left side of my town into an evergreen forest.  It's turned out a little harder than I thought it was going to be.

BTW, I love Melba.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 07, 2006, 06:43:51 AM »

Still loving it and playing on a daily basis.  I now have a pretty large orchard with all different kinds of fruit at one side of town.  I have coconut trees lining my whole ocean front.  And I just got done celebrating Roald's birthday in which I have him a used boot I fished up for a present.

I <3 Animal Crossing.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: January 07, 2006, 07:42:08 AM »

Quote from: "Old Negus"
Nothing makes me feel like a hardcore gamer more than hearing that lullaby play when it's loading or saving my game.  Tongue

I got some MP3's of various Animal Crossing songs.  I have the sickness!

The sound quality is f'ing amazing.  I might have to put the lullaby on and let it rock me to sleep tonight.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42:28 PM »

OMG!  I got AC for Christmas, but wanted to finish MediEvil first, so I finally fired it up last night.  I came to this thread to find TWELVE pages, which I feel compelled to read (um, soon) before I post much...

I haven't done more than name myself and my town, do the chores for Tom Nook, and get a fishing pole and bugnet.  When I get online (tomorrow, hopefully) I'll post my number, etc.

If you see me before you see my number posted, it'll be:  Myto from Che'ville (but that's an accent mark on the "e", like in Guevarra, not an apostrophe)...   Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: