http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 02:30:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 35861 times)
fyedaddy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2005, 04:21:23 AM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
If you have the cash, you can basically double or more your money buying white turnips.  Fyedaddy's Nook was buying for around 500 bells on Friday evening, so I was able to sell my stock for five times what I paid!

Blargh! I'm STILL jealous over that one. Especially given that I thought I made a decent profit the night before by selling at 140 per (I paid 110).  smile

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 20, 2005, 07:39:17 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

I was wondering about the whole etiquette thing.  I picked some fruit from the trees in these towns I visited (since I was broke and have none left).  Is this kind of thing a no-no?  It was like I was gathering at the gate for a WoW-style raid!

If I'm visiting a town and the person is awake I ask for permission. If they are asleep I only take from a tree not what is on the ground because those may have been donations or what not. I always bring a gift as well, be it fruit or a fossil or whatever.

If my gates are open all day (like they were today) my trees are fair game as is Nook's shop. I just pray that no members of a tree-chopping mafia stop by :lol:
Thanks to those that stopped by and left gifts.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 20, 2005, 08:10:35 AM »

Forgot to add - those pics are hilarious.  Good stuff   :lol:

Some of the things my neighbors say and such are sometimes creepy.  I mean, on the back of the picture Peewee gave me, it says, "I'm right behind you!"  I mean, come on now!  Creepiness ensues!

Brewster is starting to act nice to me.  That's "coo."  OH!  GET IT!?!?  Also, Sable is starting to like me too.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2005, 11:22:17 PM »

Quote from: "motodd"
If my gates are open all day (like they were today) my trees are fair game as is Nook's shop. I just pray that no members of a tree-chopping mafia stop by :lol:

Thanks.  Your fruit helped me pay off my house!

Hope you enjoyed the flowers.  Even though I picked them from somewhere in your town.  I'm a cheap bastard. :wink:

My town is thriving!  I have all kinds of neighbors now.  It's a chore to go visit them all.  And some of them are just weird.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2005, 11:34:31 PM »

I persuaded Rolf to stay, but now my longtime resident Sally is packing up her things. frown  I've sent her a couple letters with presents to tempt her to stay, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow.  In protest, I've cut my hair mohawk style until she unpacks.

Nook's is upgrading for the second time tomorrow.  I can't wait to get the big Wal-Ma...er...Nookway!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2005, 05:08:51 PM »

Oliver is open for the day while I take care of work stuff, there is one Pear Wardrobe near the entrance if anyone still needs, and feel free to steal any apples or run over any flowers, I certainly do!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 21, 2005, 05:18:36 PM »

Torfish,

Thanks for the apple! Did you get the coconut I left at your feet last night? I would have mailed you something but your Nook was closed for remodeling and I was out of stationary.

--Devil
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 21, 2005, 06:01:07 PM »

Quote from: "fyedaddy"
Torfish,

Thanks for the apple! Did you get the coconut I left at your feet last night? I would have mailed you something but your Nook was closed for remodeling and I was out of stationary.

Got it!  Thanks for visiting!  

Wow, Nook's store really is getting large now.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: December 22, 2005, 12:27:40 AM »

Thanks for the peaches and dino neck, who ever you were~!

--

wardrobe is still at the entrance for anyone that needs btw.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2005, 02:51:48 AM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"
wardrobe is still at the entrance for anyone that needs btw.

Damn, I just visited your town, picked it up and carried it around, then dropped it off where I got it!  I figured it was for someone else.  Unfortunately I don't recall if one of my people needed it or if I just read about it here earlier.

Oh well, my people are kinda cranky with my since I'm always forgetting who is who and what they wanted.  I might have to get out some paper and take notes which is something I haven't done since playing RPG's in the pre-internet walkthrough days! :lol:

I met up with someone else in your town.  We both said it, you look like you've been busy!

Finally, I keep hearing about furniture I can place items in (my floor is a mess!).  I got a big wooden chest but it doesn't let me open it.  Any clues?

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2005, 03:37:34 AM »

Finally, I keep hearing about furniture I can place items in (my floor is a mess!).  I got a big wooden chest but it doesn't let me open it.  Any clues?

Quick tap of A opens storage furniture that is placed in your room. That wardrobe you carried around for a bit is one such item. I just shut down my DS before I saw this post. I didn't check to see if the chest was still there though.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: December 22, 2005, 03:51:13 AM »

Thanks, coop.  I'll keep an eye out for that sort of thing.

Furniture Hunter.  Coming soon to a town near you!

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 22, 2005, 04:14:21 AM »

I had my fortune told today and it was some bad luck.  It made me fall down a lot.  Redd was camped out today too, but just my bad luck, no bells left and I didn't have time to find out the password.  frown

I forgot to check to see if you already had the neck in your museum, but figured if so, you could just sell it to Tom Nook.  I hope you don't mind, but I bought the fireplace from your Nook's.  I just thought it would look great in my house, but you can have it if you want it.   Now I can order it!  smile  
Great house BTW.  It's so nice and organized!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 22, 2005, 05:10:12 AM »

Quote from: "Torfish"
My biggest fish was 43 inches (octopus), but wasn't close to Goldies 55 incher.  Oh well.

Where can I buy some turnips?

You guys are real lucky with the competition only caught those tiny fishes.

I caught a tuna of about 95 inches and the winner Rocco won with a tuna of 98 inches.frown
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: December 22, 2005, 03:34:51 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"

I forgot to check to see if you already had the neck in your museum, but figured if so, you could just sell it to Tom Nook.  I hope you don't mind, but I bought the fireplace from your Nook's.  I just thought it would look great in my house, but you can have it if you want it.   Now I can order it!  smile  
Great house BTW.  It's so nice and organized!

The neck was a piece I was missing, Blathers was very appreciative. Enjoy the fireplace, I made sure I bought anything I wanted from Nook's before opening the gates. slywink

The HRA does not agree about the house, but you can't please everyone. It's a bit frightening how much time I spend in the house each time I get a new piece of furniture.

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 22, 2005, 03:57:33 PM »

I met up with someone else in your town.  We both said it, you look like you've been busy!

That was me, and yes he has!

BTW Stiffler, I've got an extra wardrobe item in my house if you still need it. I also double checked my friends list last night when I updated from this thread... could have sworn I put you in there before. I've added you again (and double checked to be sure)

See you later!

--Devil
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2005, 11:48:48 PM »

4424-4308-1753
Name: Eduardo
Town: Gothic
Its a me!

PSN ID: EduardoX
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 23, 2005, 04:02:14 AM »

I'm finally hooked into WiFi.  I posted in the multiplayer forum, but figured I'd let you all know here as well.

Animal Crossing Code: 2577-5964-9423
Town: STARLAND
Name: ZER

Oh, I need an axe really bad! biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: December 23, 2005, 04:09:08 AM »

Quote from: "fyedaddy"
BTW Stiffler, I've got an extra wardrobe item in my house if you still need it. I also double checked my friends list last night when I updated from this thread... could have sworn I put you in there before. I've added you again (and double checked to be sure)

See you later!

I finally got a wardrobe from coop's town.  Thanks both of you for looking out for me.  Man, that makes a HUGE difference.  I had all my belongings just sitting there, and before my house was expanded I had every inch covered.  Now it looks VERY nice.  Man, those things hold a great deal, too!

I have you added, fye.  I made sure that you were "green" as well.

I have everybody except Starshifter added, and he will go in next time I turn it on.

Thanks again for the help.  Now I need to scour my town for the third fossil of the day.  Bugger is hiding from me!

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 23, 2005, 05:10:03 AM »

Just my damn luck. I bought 999 turnips for about 95 each last sunday.

Then monday, the price is 67, tuesday, 75, wednesday 60, then thursday 137 so I sold all of them on thursday and pay off my house loan. Then this friday the price is 545?frown
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: December 23, 2005, 01:20:03 PM »

stiffler - thanks for adding me to your friends list!  I'm going to finish adding everyone else today.  I added half of you guys last night.

My town is pretty new so you won't find much there yet.  Nook's just expanded yesterday.  I have oranges and just successfully planted a pear tree - west of town gate (across the river) where I'm trying to establish massive orchards with all fruits known to animal-kind.  I tried to plant the apple my mom sent me, but forgot to water it and it died. :cry:

Keep a look out for my astronomical-themed line of clothing coming soon!!!!!!

By the way, if anyone tries to move in on my Mitzi - watch out!  She's mine guys!!! :wink:

Don't forget about the money rock!  Each day randomly hit rocks in your town and one will spit out bells.  Keep hitting it until it stops spitting out bells.  Then just pick up the bags of free bells!

Quick question:  Did anyone see Sahara yesterday?  She is the wandering carpet/wallpaper animal.  She asked me to deliver something to Pelly.  The only problem is Pelly is not in my town??? :? I guess I will hold on to it till I can find her/him/it.

XM Channel 76
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 23, 2005, 01:23:33 PM »

Pelly works in the town hall/post office

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 23, 2005, 01:35:05 PM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Pelly works in the town hall/post office

Oh darn, that's right!  I forgot she is the nice one and Phyllis is the bitchy one who works there at night.  Thanks Tebunker!

XM Channel 76
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 23, 2005, 01:46:02 PM »

I think I have a problem with my WiFi.

I have the Nintendo USB WiFi connector.  It setup fine and I'm registered fine.  In other words, my computer detects it.  The problem is when I say "Invite Guests" or "I want to go out", Copper initiates the WiFi search and it searches and searches and searches forever!  And I have to power down to get out of the loop.  It never connects?

Do other people in my friends list have to have me registered in order for this to work or do I have other problems?  I thought I could connect and leave my gate open for people to come and visit.

Thanks!

XM Channel 76
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 23, 2005, 05:14:11 PM »

What VRavena suggested when I had that problem, Starshiffter, is to turn off the downloads in the telephone when you first load your game. I think the game is trying to download everything ever and it takes too long to do so. I let mine sit for about an hour once before I figured it wasn't working.

PSN ID: EduardoX
The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 23, 2005, 06:12:13 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
stiffler - thanks for adding me to your friends list!  I'm going to finish adding everyone else today.  I added half of you guys last night.

My town is pretty new so you won't find much there yet.  Nook's just expanded yesterday.  I have oranges and just successfully planted a pear tree - west of town gate (across the river) where I'm trying to establish massive orchards with all fruits known to animal-kind.  I tried to plant the apple my mom sent me, but forgot to water it and it died. :cry:

Keep a look out for my astronomical-themed line of clothing coming soon!!!!!!

By the way, if anyone tries to move in on my Mitzi - watch out!  She's mine guys!!! :wink:

Don't forget about the money rock!  Each day randomly hit rocks in your town and one will spit out bells.  Keep hitting it until it stops spitting out bells.  Then just pick up the bags of free bells!

Quick question:  Did anyone see Sahara yesterday?  She is the wandering carpet/wallpaper animal.  She asked me to deliver something to Pelly.  The only problem is Pelly is not in my town??? :? I guess I will hold on to it till I can find her/him/it.

My two young sons will be joining the party on Christmas.  If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to find some towns that they could visit that are kid friendly.  Would some of you guys allow them to visit your towns?
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2005, 06:45:42 PM »

Quote from: "Eduardo X"
What VRavena suggested when I had that problem, Starshiffter, is to turn off the downloads in the telephone when you first load your game. I think the game is trying to download everything ever and it takes too long to do so. I let mine sit for about an hour once before I figured it wasn't working.

THANKS!!!  It worked!  Much appreciated.  Too bad that wasn't documented anywhere.

XM Channel 76
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2005, 06:48:25 PM »

Quote from: "The_Man"
My two young sons will be joining the party on Christmas.  If it's not too much to ask, I'd like to find some towns that they could visit that are kid friendly.  Would some of you guys allow them to visit your towns?

No problem.  You are welcome to visit STARLAND anytime you want.  My 9 year old son plays it too.  And most GT'ers here are very kind and respectable, well maybe not Devil though because he hates Animal Crossing, bashes Nintendo and is a New Jersey Devils fan! :wink:

XM Channel 76
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2005, 08:00:40 PM »

I'll probably have my town open most of the day on Christmas even though I probably won't get too much playing time in.  Everyone's welcome to visit!

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 23, 2005, 08:54:14 PM »

Absolutely, now that I have my wifi configured correctly and can keep my fire wall up as well I'll leave my ds running.  My info: 2577-5966-4018 Ace, Endworld

Feel free to visit anyone, I leave all the peaches on the trees so if someone wants to harvest go nuts still fairly new into the game so not alot of development but I'm working on it.

Ascendent
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2005, 09:00:57 PM »

help!

what the heck is a pitfall seed? - got one while fossil digging, & even tom nook's uninterested...

having gotten hooked up with my wife via a trip to mickey d's, i'm preparing for the next step, & ordered an airport setup for my mac (tricky but suppossedly doable, ds-wise), so maybe see everyone soon...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 23, 2005, 09:03:59 PM »

Quote from: "semiconscious"
help!

what the heck is a pitfall seed? - got one while fossil digging, & even tom nook's uninterested...

You bury it and if someone walks over it, they will fall in the hole.  I've been the victim of many a pitfall seed.

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 23, 2005, 09:05:55 PM »

A pit trap, you bury it and people can fall in takes a few seconds to dig themselves out.

Ascendent
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 23, 2005, 09:08:04 PM »

thanks! (tried burying it, will try again)...

edit: d'oh! - it's a menu option!...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: December 24, 2005, 02:44:53 PM »

So I've come to a realization, I'm one of those people that gets tired of AC. I guess I need a game to set goals for me, I'm no good at setting goals for myself. In honor of that, my gates are open and apples, cherries, pears and peaches are all available, come and get em!

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: December 24, 2005, 05:49:27 PM »

So I've come to a realization, I'm one of those people that gets tired of AC.

naah, you've just advanced to the next level: casual drop-by mode. which's where most players eventually end up (hopefully, anyway - the alternative's a bit frightening to contemplate), & which's what's nice about the game - it's always there whenever you're up for it...

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: December 24, 2005, 06:51:06 PM »

Quote from: "semiconscious"
So I've come to a realization, I'm one of those people that gets tired of AC.

naah, you've just advanced to the next level: casual drop-by mode

...and my response to that would be... drop by and do what? dig up more fossils? harvest more fruit? talk to ridiculously inane characters? catch more fish? buy more furniture? None of it is any kind of challenge other than endurance.

Nothing against those who enjoy it, but I'm over it, back to Fire Emblem.

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 24, 2005, 10:08:29 PM »

...and my response to that would be... drop by and do what? dig up more fossils? harvest more fruit? talk to ridiculously inane characters? catch more fish? buy more furniture?

but of course!...

anyway, don't trade it in just yet... & enjoy fire emblem...

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: December 25, 2005, 02:31:33 AM »

Nothing against those who enjoy it, but I'm over it, back to Fire Emblem.

OMG what town am I gonna raid? :cry:

You're the only person ever open...  Vast orchards!  A Nookington's!

I finally got a system down.  Harvest my fruit and then take it to yours to sell.  Load up on yours then take it to mine to sell.  I'm making money now!  Of course that doesn't do anything for you.  Oh wait, I did pick some of your weeds when I was looking for fruit trees.  I scored a pear and apple to plant in my town and got my hair done.

Speaking of getting my hair done, I look like an SD Elton John.  My brown haired guy was wearing his red eyeglasses when I got a makeover.  I've somehow ended up with a beautiful full head of blonde hair.  The look combined with the red glasses made me laugh out loud when I saw it.

I'm still enjoying the game but I did buy Meteos today as well.  Hmm...

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 25, 2005, 03:03:46 AM »

Anyone know if certain types of flowers or trees only grow in certain climates?  A kind soul planted a row of trees in my town and only every other one is growing (and I've been watering them).  Thanks for those!

The same goes for this one type of yellow flower.  I plant flowers and water them, but only that type keeps dying. frown

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: