http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 02:45:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 36419 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2005, 03:51:39 AM »

Hey motodd, Goose just showed up in my town.  Don't suppose Jitters went to your town, did he?

TheMissingLink on PSN
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2005, 05:14:27 AM »

Nope. No new neighbors for me. A few new constellations though  smile
depward

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2005, 05:19:07 AM »

I had a bird named Robin move in, which I think I recognize from one of your towns.  Oh, and my babygi-, err, dog-thing Goldie is moving.  Though, I've REALLY tried for her to stay.  But if she goes, hf to whomever gets her.  She is a CHARACTER

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2005, 06:04:50 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Hey motodd, Goose just showed up in my town.  Don't suppose Jitters went to your town, did he?

I've had a Jitters for a few days.  Could it be the same Jitters or maybe an imposter?!  :x

I caught Rolf packing his things up and he's moving out.  It seems like the ones that move out are the most recent new residents.  Two have moved in and moved out within a couple days.   Maybe the old residents aren't being too friendly.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2005, 07:07:33 PM »

I had somebody from Blarney move in earlier in the week - I guess she liked all of the peaches I sent her while I was visiting the town... smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
warning

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 17, 2005, 09:00:28 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
I had somebody from Blarney move in earlier in the week - I guess she liked all of the peaches I sent her while I was visiting the town... smile

Was it Pompom?  She left me earlier this week.  *sniff*
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2005, 05:08:18 AM »

A quick question (sorry if it's already been answered).

I've seen all these "come visit" posts, but can I do that if my friend code is not in your DS?  Can I visit you without being registered in your friends list?  I'd love to have some of you hit my town (or visit yours) but I can't possibly register all of you to allow you access.  I would but there isn't enough room.  Also, I guess I can't visit unless you have me on your friends list.

I'm still a bit confused by this whole thing.

Oh yeah, I got my dongle and it works flawlessly.  A lot of steps to get it all setup and verified, but it works fine.  Truly plug-and-play.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2005, 08:44:17 AM »

Please add me to your friend rosters! I want to travel the WILD WORLD!

0516 0081 8409
Jer, OceanBay

Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2005, 11:11:26 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
...Can I visit you without being registered in your friends list?  ...I can't possibly register all of you to allow you access.  I would but there isn't enough room.  Also, I guess I can't visit unless you have me on your friends list...

Your presumptions are accurate, for the GT wifi community to work we all need to add each other reciprocally.  What I'm not clear on is why you don't have room.  Is it because you have a lot of other firends on there already?  The friends list in game is 4 pages long; I've added everyone on here and then some and still have about 1.5 pages free.  But feel free to add me and share your info in the sticky thread.  I'll visit smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2005, 11:49:40 AM »

Here`s a question for you guys. My wife is getting a DS w/ animal crossing and I want to get wireless router. Can we BOTH go to the same town over wi-fi together? Just curious.
 On another note, this game is just FILLED with stuff to do. I simply can`t put it down after a few quick things. I`ll plan on playing for a hour or so and it turns into 2 or 3... Animal crossing is just THAT much better on a handheld platform.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2005, 05:19:34 PM »

Technically, as long as you have seperate cartridges she should be able to visit your town and vice versa, even if you are on the same router.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2005, 06:37:42 PM »

heads up from a guy who's AC clock is running a day fast, the fishing tournament ends at 6pm and I would't bother turning in anything smaller than a Tuna. My winning entry was 78.3 inches, before I turned that in the local piggy fisherman had a 66 inch coelacanth(sp?).

Turned the clock ahead because Nook's was closed for remodeling on a Saturday and I still didn't have anyone on my friends list to visit for selling hehe. Still trying to find a good time to turn it back.. not sure what the impact of that will be.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2005, 06:54:15 PM »

Quote from: "Demosthenes"
Your presumptions are accurate, for the GT wifi community to work we all need to add each other reciprocally.  What I'm not clear on is why you don't have room.  Is it because you have a lot of other firends on there already?  The friends list in game is 4 pages long; I've added everyone on here and then some and still have about 1.5 pages free.  But feel free to add me and share your info in the sticky thread.  I'll visit smile

Thanks!  I had only added one person to my friend's list so I didn't know it was six pages long (must not have scrolled through it properly so I thought it was only one page).  That's a relief.  I will start adding people as well.

4682 1275 4675
Stiffler, Kali

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2005, 02:14:33 AM »

Bozeman fishing tourney results:

So I had a comfortable lead going for most of the day with my 48" sea bass.  Content that victory was inevitable, I took a lesuirely nap in the afternoon to prepare for my coronation ceremony.  I logged back into Bozeman around 5:30pm only to find out that that little b---- Rodeo had caught a 102" tuna.  Wth?!?  I've never even seen a tuna before....

Undeterred, I hunker down and go back at it trying to catch as many of the 'large type' fish as possible.  Finally, at 5:58pm I reel in my very first tuna.  I sprint to the town hall and give it to Tortimer, only to find out that it measured in at a paltry 86" frown

Dammit.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2005, 02:20:04 AM »

I couldn't find the mayor to give him my fish.  Bastard wandered off on me.

Another question.  I am leaving this thing on in hopes somebody will want to visit.  Right now I've just been standing next to my bed.  Is there something I should actually be doing or somewhere to stay while I leave it idle?  My guy doesn't seem to mind (he's been there for hours).  Just wondered what you guys did...

Still figuring some things out.  Selling cherries and trying to pay off this house.  I need a bag of holding something fierce!  My house is a mess with crap piled up in the corner...

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2005, 03:19:03 AM »

I couldn't find the mayor to give him my fish.  Bastard wandered off on me.

I noticed that when you log into WiFi, the mayor will disappear....

At any rate, I've updated the sticky with all the new codes and I'll be hopping into your town shortly if you're still on smile

I'll keep a lookout for a dresser.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2005, 03:54:02 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
At any rate, I've updated the sticky with all the new codes and I'll be hopping into your town shortly if you're still on smile

Damn, I just logged off to go to bed!

I'm sure we'll meet up soon enough.  I'm going to re-read this whole thread tomorrow because I want to make sure I don't step on any virtual toes when I invade your town!  A ton of little wrinkles to explore in this game...

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2005, 05:02:38 AM »

See what happens when you go to take a leak while some GTers are in town?  Guess I'll be bringing my axes to warning + motodd's towns slywink

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
warning

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2005, 05:44:25 AM »

motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2005, 06:07:16 AM »

Hey at least you are not getting whacked in the back of the head with an axe. Tongue
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2005, 07:03:04 AM »

Grrr...I was out all day and missed out on the fishing contest.   frown

Those pictures are great BTW!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2005, 07:53:18 AM »

I won my town's fishing tournament with a mere 52" sea bass.  I got a microwave for it, which confuses me because I thought I was getting a trophy.  I guess the microwave is the trophy?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2005, 01:19:45 PM »

Welcome to Starland, home of the Horse Mackeral fish! :evil:

I swear that is all there is in my damn ocean.  I caught eight of them!  So, my kids were with me this weekend and I travelled to my son's town and caught a Sea Bass there.  Came back to my town and found out I was still 2 inches shy of the lead. :evil: I guess Antonio (who won the fishing tournament) felt bad because when I talked to him he gave me a new wall.  Cool.

Long story short - no win for me.

:cry:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2005, 02:30:54 PM »

Whoa whoa whoa... did I see a PIRATE HAT in one of those screenies?!

Man, that's WAY cooler than my Mario cap.  biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2005, 03:18:32 PM »

My biggest fish was 43 inches (octopus), but wasn't close to Goldies 55 incher.  Oh well.

Where can I buy some turnips?
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2005, 04:02:43 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"
I won my town's fishing tournament with a mere 52" sea bass.  I got a microwave for it, which confuses me because I thought I was getting a trophy.  I guess the microwave is the trophy?

You'll get your trophy in the mail today with a note from the Mayor.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: December 19, 2005, 04:03:11 PM »

Quote from: "Torfish"
Where can I buy some turnips?

Turnip seller wanders around town on Sunday mornings.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 19, 2005, 06:16:15 PM »

Man, people were winning the tourney with ~50"ers and my 86" tuna was still almost 20" from first place frown

I really wanted that trophy...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
warning

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 19, 2005, 07:10:04 PM »

I won with a 46.5" Sea Bass (oh no not again!).
depward

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 19, 2005, 08:02:20 PM »

I won with a 94.3 inch tuna.  Peewee beat out my Sea Bass at 92.something inches, so I was determined to find a tuna.  So with about 15 mins. left in the tourney, I finally caught that tuna.

I got a lamp.  But then today I got a trophy in the mail.  AND Nookington's opened up (since Nook's was closed yesterday which SUCKED because then I didn't have enough room to keep all of my fish and blahblahblah had to release them) today as well.  Times are good in Narshe   biggrin   So I got a haircut . . . and it looks horrific.  I look like a 12 year-old "skaterboi."  Will have to change it up tomorrow.

Stiffler - would love to visit!  Though, dunno when I'll be able to.

Oh yeah, and people that play this digital crack everyday like I do - get a red turnip.  Last red turnip I bought, planted, and watered everyday went for $16,000 at Nooks.  That's a profit of $15,000!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 19, 2005, 08:55:50 PM »

I need to read up on these red turnips... how do they work?

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 19, 2005, 09:14:40 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
I need to read up on these red turnips... how do they work?

When the turnip guy shows up in your town on Sundays, he will give you an overview if you ask him.  Basically, you buy a packet of seeds off of him for ~$1k.  You have to plant the seeds that day and be sure to water the sprout at least once every day of the week, or it will die.  At the end of the week, you can pick your red radish and sell it to Nook for big bucks.

I think you are limited to only one packet a week, but maybe there's a way to get more?  Anybody try buying radishes from another town?

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 19, 2005, 09:19:37 PM »

Get a red turnip from that turnip guy, water it daily, and sell it back for MAD PROFIT DIGGITY DAWG on Saturdays.  Easy way to get lots of bells weekly (although I MISSED the turnip guy yesterday, dangit!)

If you guys want a great, great song from K.K., get "Two Days Ago."  I want the mp3 biggrin biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 19, 2005, 09:47:38 PM »

Ok, makes sense now.  I talked to the turnip lady for an explanation last week but for some reason I just didn't get it.  Must've been an off day for my brain.  slywink

I missed the turnip lady yesterday too; didn't start into my game until around 1pm, forgetting that she's only around until noon.  frown  I wanted to at least buy some white turnips!

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: December 19, 2005, 10:08:40 PM »

I am only going to buy red turnips from now on, they are much more profitable.  I sold one today for 16,000.  YOWZA WOW SHIBANG.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 19, 2005, 10:31:16 PM »

well, consider this:  you can buy white turnips for around 100, easy.  Between everyone here, you're bound to find a town sometime during the week where Nook is buying them for more than that.  Let's say 200.

If you have the cash, you can basically double or more your money buying white turnips.  Fyedaddy's Nook was buying for around 500 bells on Friday evening, so I was able to sell my stock for five times what I paid!

Given enough cash invested, you can make a killing if you're willing to risk going with the white turnip crop.  So here's an idea; buy one red turnip seed packet every Sunday, and use the money you make from that to buy another seed packet and the rest to buy white turnips each week.  At worst, you'll lose a little money, but in the long run, you'll be rich!

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2005, 10:36:47 PM »

yah 15k in a week doesn't really turn me on... I made 70k on the day of the fishing tourney and I was mostly playing fire emblem:ss that day hehe.... but if there are Nook's paying that much for white turnips I might invest in that racket biggrin

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2005, 12:05:34 AM »

finally got my (non-wifi frown ) town up and running the last few days, offered my mostly non-gamer wife the option of moving in yesterday, &, 4 hours later, she'd payed off the balance of the mortgage!...

so, i hop in the car after work today to score her a copy so she can start her own town. are you all aware of what a hot game this is right now? damn! 5 stores later, i scored the last copy on the shelf...

the huge success of this game almost renews my faith in humanity - & gaming. hard to imagine a more appropriate holiday title...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2005, 04:00:35 AM »

Finally got online with Animal Crossing.  Had some difficulty but upgraded my firmware and it seems good to go (previously it would give me error 84960 I think).  Anyway, I was able to connect to a couple towns.  Man, some really great stuff out there.  Motodd had the whole Metroid theme going on (planted some flowers next to your sleeping body since I didn't have any loot to give).  Looks great!  And Warning has a little octopus flag at his gate.  I think his wife lives there, too.  Nice!

I was wondering about the whole etiquette thing.  I picked some fruit from the trees in these towns I visited (since I was broke and have none left).  Is this kind of thing a no-no?  It was like I was gathering at the gate for a WoW-style raid!  Damn, those Nookeries you guys have are nice.  The Nooky Mart!  Anyway, you guys have A TON of neighbors.  Now I'm worried mine will move out.  I got a new one so I feel good.  Tomorrow I need to spend some more time talking to them.

I've paid off my starter house (importing fruit for $$$, like a 4x game!) and hope to get a new one tomorrow (when my Nook is expanding, unfortunately).  I've been carrying this giant anchor for a long time.  Need to figure out what to do with it...

Drew the cat a new face and got (and sent) some mail...

Life is good in my town.

If anybody tries to connect to my town (when I'm online) please let me know if you have any errors.  Just in case my router is acting up because I won't know otherwise!

Enjoying the game.  I wasn't sure I would, but it's a very zen-like experience.  I'm a bit paranoid my neighbors won't like me, but I'm strange like that.  I was very sad when my Seaman died... frown

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2005, 04:10:30 AM »

I was wondering about the whole etiquette thing. I picked some fruit from the trees in these towns I visited (since I was broke and have none left). Is this kind of thing a no-no?

I always ask if I want to grab some fruit, but I don't think anyone would really mind if you did without asking.  Everyone seems pretty cool about stuff like that.  When people visit my town I tell them to help themselves to anything since it's all in good fun.  I'm not stingy!  smile

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: