http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:20:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 36572 times)
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2005, 10:19:36 PM »

Quote from: "Demosthenes"
Just ordered a couple dressers for the 1st takers to show, and also I just visited Groovania where Nth's Nook has a refrigerator for sale. smile

That fridge is a cabinet, by the way.  I own one.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2005, 08:14:12 AM »

I REALLY need a frickin` wireless router and quick. Hopefully I`ll be able to pick one up in the next few weeks.

I posted about this before in hardware forum, but this has something to do with AC:WW so...

What routers are you guys using. I looked at the linksys routers. This one was said to be great->http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1127782957298&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

But then I found out that the newer revisions sucks for both sboxlive and nintendo wifi network.

Then I found this one->http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=299

Supposedly this one has issues with certain revisions also...Is there anyone out there that doesn`t?

Now, has anyone here had either of these? Also I`ve a few people say that Animal Crossing is more troublesome on the wifi network than MK:DS. Is that true? And who can recommend the best wireless router out there at a good price? I want to use it for XBOX Live, my PC, and nintendo wifi. Any ideas?

And back to the game. Holy shit!!! I also REALLY disagree that this is just a port of the Gamecube game. Sure the main structure of the game is the same, but holy hell...There is ALOT of new stuff to this game. ALOT! I`ve put way, way, way too much of my time into this game so far, and I will continue too. My wife is getting a DS for christmas+AC:WW also. FUn times ahead.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2005, 09:11:36 AM »

I just got a DLink DI-524 this week ($29.95 after MIR).  It appears to work perfectly, the catch is that Circuit City had mostly Ver. A's for sale but a very few of the box's said Ver. D.  This is the shipping firmware and the A is not compatible.. though C and D are.  It says on every box though, and the Version A's may be flashable to C or D, Dlink provides firmware upgrades so maybe.

And on the AC front, I was visited today by Coop, Addy, Xian and Scott and a good time was had by all.  Gave away two dressers today, Ill order a couple more tomorrow if anyone else wants to swing by for one.  Redd was in Utopia today and well... I don't like him... not so much.

All my fruit trees seemed to have sprouted so with any luck I'll have every native fruit type later this week.  Roald announced he's moving out today and had all his bags packed so one of you can expect him soon.  Also I think Addy has a bit of a crush on Mathilda the cow.  Shhhh... don't tell anyone. slywink

I really am loving the viral way content gets spread.  Its such a brilliantly simple idea I'm amazed Ive never seen it before.  But its so great that simply by connecting with people and/or visiting them the game is 'leaking' clothes, constellations, neighbors etc, while you are unaware and otherwise occupied.  I have clothes in my store designed by people not even on my friend list.  Excited for more surprises.  Does everyone have a fishing tourney this Sunday?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2005, 09:37:08 AM »

Also I think Addy has a bit of a crush on Mathilda the cow.  Shhhh... don't tell anyone. slywink

Hey now, Mathilda is one hot heifer.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2005, 11:02:37 AM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
I REALLY need a frickin` wireless router and quick. Hopefully I`ll be able to pick one up in the next few weeks.

I posted about this before in hardware forum, but this has something to do with AC:WW so...

What routers are you guys using. I looked at the linksys routers. This one was said to be great->http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?childpagename=US%2FLayout&packedargs=c%3DL_Product_C2%26cid%3D1127782957298&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

That's the router I use and I have never had a problem with it.   I recommend it!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2005, 11:50:19 AM »

Does everyone have a fishing tourney this Sunday?

Yep, same here.  Fishing contest on Sunday.  Should be interesting.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2005, 04:01:16 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
Yes, I need some storage in my home soon as well!  Hopefully Nook sells me something handy for that soon.  slywink

Nook finally had a fridge for sale yesterday (1800 bells I think?) so I scooped that puppy up immediately. I should feel funny that I'm storing clothes in my fridge but at least it gets it out of my backpack. Paid off my first loan from Nook yesterday too... more room for more stuff!

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2005, 07:26:03 PM »

But then I found out that the newer revisions sucks for both sboxlive and nintendo wifi network.

Then I found this one->http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=299

Supposedly this one has issues with certain revisions also...Is there anyone out there that doesn`t?

Now, has anyone here had either of these? Also I`ve a few people say that Animal Crossing is more troublesome on the wifi network than MK:DS. Is that true? And who can recommend the best wireless router out there at a good price? I want to use it for XBOX Live, my PC, and nintendo wifi. Any ideas?

And back to the game. Holy shit!!! I also REALLY disagree that this is just a port of the Gamecube game. Sure the main structure of the game is the same, but holy hell...There is ALOT of new stuff to this game. ALOT! I`ve put way, way, way too much of my time into this game so far, and I will continue too. My wife is getting a DS for christmas+AC:WW also. FUn times ahead.

I have the Linksys BEFW11S4 V. 2 wireless router, I'm running WEP, and I haven't had a single wireless connection issue to Nintendo WFC.

It's been painless configuring, connecting, and visiting other people's towns.  Not sure why people are comparing it to issues with Mario Kart...
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2005, 10:12:19 PM »

haha Roald didnt move out, but he just told me that yesterday he met this kid named Scott... and he seemed like the 'pocket packer' type. smile

Oh also Katrina the fortune teller set up a a tent where Redd was yesterday, was pretty amusing but I wonder if it has any hidden value.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 14, 2005, 10:36:37 PM »

Oh also Katrina the fortune teller set up a a tent where Redd was yesterday, was pretty amusing but I wonder if it has any hidden value.

In the Gamecube version, Katrina's readings would do different stuff depending on what they were.  For example, your 'luck' in finding money might increase for the day etc.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Queequeg
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2005, 10:59:58 PM »

haha Roald didnt move out, but he just told me that yesterday he met this kid named Scott... and he seemed like the 'pocket packer' type.

lol  biggrin  Yeah I was a 'pocket packer' ...until I picked up the SWEET dresser from you yesterday. Thanks! Man is it a lifesaver. I can see the floor in my little room again! And I don't have to swap stuff out of my pockets every time I pick up something.

Redd showed up in Ironwood today, but I spent most of my extra cash yesterday in Utopia buying a 'exotic bed' and chair from Redd's tent there.

Now my townies are asking for people to visit as they are bored of me.  :cry:

I've got a fishing tournament on Sunday too. Should be fun! The Cherries I picked up yesterday are growing, but my single coconut sprout died. I wonder if planting coconuts in the dead of winter while it is snowing affects the surival rate?
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 14, 2005, 11:35:08 PM »

Yes, thanks to visiting Demosthenes for alerting me to the coconut that washed ashore today!  I probably would have missed it otherwise.

A wandering walrus (Wendell, I think) traded me a pattern for some food and Victoria the horse moved out, but she had only been there a couple days.  Guess Groovani didn't suit her tastes!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 14, 2005, 11:59:50 PM »

A quick question...what is the password to REDS tent thingy?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2005, 12:02:44 AM »

Varies from town to town.  You'll have to roam around and talk with your neighbors and one of them will tell ya   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
ColonelT
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2005, 02:40:49 AM »

Hi everybody...long-time lurker, second-time poster:

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Friend Code: 3823 1289 7241
Name: Timmy
Town: Shatnera

Come one, come all. I have peaches and a lot of rivers. Sorry to double post, but I'm looking to increase tourism in glorious Shatnera. Please add me to your Friends List and let's hook up! I'll see you out there....
depward

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2005, 03:33:57 AM »

Sweet!  You've been added   biggrin

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2005, 05:42:46 AM »

I REALLY need a frickin` wireless router and quick.

I have the D-Link DI-624. I picked it because Nintendo says it works with the DS and it DOES! Got it for $40 after rebate.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2005, 06:33:25 AM »

Quote from: "PaulBot"
I REALLY need a frickin` wireless router and quick.

I have the D-Link DI-624. I picked it because Nintendo says it works with the DS and it DOES! Got it for $40 after rebate.

That`s what I`m looking at right now. Can any of you guys comment on how those routers work with xbox Live! ?
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2005, 01:21:33 PM »

I've got my Nintendo USB WiFi connector on its way! (thanks to warning for telling me that it works fine)  I will post my info as soon as I get it.

Meanwhile, I think Mitzi (the cat) has the hots for me! :shock:  She keeps saying very nice things to me and asked to come over!  And the funniest thing is that she told me to put away my "geeky role playing games" before she came over!  How did she know!  When she visited she scolded me for not having any furniture.  A few days later I get some mail from her with a present attached - a chair!  What a loving doll she is.  I sent her a thankyou letter last night.  Maybe Mitzi will be the one to finally change my low opinion of women! :wink:  Hopefully Mitzi and I can sip some coffee and enjoy KK's tunes this Saturday night.

On another note, I rolled two snowballs around until one was bigger than the other.  If you push them together you know you can make a snowman right?  And the snowman talks!  But don't do what I did, I accidently pushed the bigger snowball on top of the smaller one (I had Mitzi on my mind at the time) and now the snowman is bitching to high hell about his appearance! :lol:  I try to talk to him and he constantly scolds me on how bad he looks!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2005, 03:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "depward"

Varies from town to town.  You'll have to roam around and talk with your neighbors and one of them will tell ya   biggrin

I've gotten in to see Redd twice now but he won't sell to me either time. He says something about me not being a preferred shopper, cut from the right cloth, something or other. What are the prerequsites for buying from Redd? Do you need a certain number of housing points, bells, Nook points, or something else?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2005, 03:56:17 PM »

Quote from: "fyedaddy"

I've gotten in to see Redd twice now but he won't sell to me either time. He says something about me not being a preferred shopper, cut from the right cloth, something or other. What are the prerequsites for buying from Redd? Do you need a certain number of housing points, bells, Nook points, or something else?

I was able to buy from him, but I had to pay him a 3,000 bell membership fee.  Make sure you have at least 3,000 bells in your pocket and then talk to him.

Anyone know what the fortune teller is used for?  She visited my town a couple days ago.  

When does the turnip seller come to town?
depward

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2005, 10:26:38 PM »

So the cooky fortune teller womanly animal thing was at my town today.  Got my fortune told.  It turned out to be pretty bad.

So I was running around, tripped, and fell.  So I keep on doing this . . . some friends come visit (thanks for visiting Nth, Adam, and Addy!) and I keep on falling.  Addy told me that everytime you fell, if you got insurance, you received 100 bells in the mail!  Woo!

And it was funny how I fell in the snow, got up, and my imprint was in the snow   :lol:

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2005, 11:54:29 PM »

I had a connection error when I left Narshe today and was frightened all that time was for naught.  Thankfully everything was there and all I had to endure was a harsh scolding by Resetti.  Whew!

I woke up early with the intention of playing Dragon Quest and instead I got sucked into AC all afternoon.  Fun times!

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2005, 12:02:18 AM »

I've got other stuff going on tonight so I've got my town up and open until around 10ish central time.  Have at it, just please don't go chopping down or digging up my trees.  slywink  Finally a few peach trees have taken root!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2005, 01:28:39 AM »

Just a reminder - if you haven't already one so please go to the WiFi friends code sticky thread linked in my signature below and post your friends code(s) there as well if you haven't already done so.  I try to update it at least a few times a day (although I've been in Vegas the last two days).

I updated the FAQ at the bottom of the post to answer the questions about losing your save on disconnects...

BTW, I collected a couple more timers so if anybody wants one I'll probably be online around 7:30pm PST again tonight!

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2005, 04:06:22 AM »

Just wanted to say that tonight is the LAST night I'll have DSL for several months.  Yep, last night in an apartment - tomorrow going back home after graduating school and living in "dial-up land" known as my parent's house.

SO I'll be on from time to time if I find a hotspot I can frequent!  Though, not as much as since we've had AC.

Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2005, 04:31:58 AM »

(nothing to see here  :oops: )
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2005, 04:32:19 AM »

Bummer Dep.  Well FWIW almost every Starbuck's offers free wireless, they just didn't partner with Nintendo so only McDonalds' are mentioned on the WiFi site.  Not to mention someone in your neighborhood may have an unsecured signal you can hop on  :twisted:
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2005, 01:03:02 PM »

A meteor shot across my sky last night! Cool

My Nintendo USB WiFi connector has shipped! biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2005, 03:40:46 PM »

The DONGLE (boop beep bop)

The DONGLE (beep beep bop)

TheMissingLink on PSN
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2005, 06:16:05 PM »

I got this, Kirby, and a DS for my son for xmas, so I'll be hopping on sometime after that (if he lets me).

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2005, 07:11:01 PM »

Nook's upgraded a second time, I paid off my 120k house and I found a dresser in the recycling center (along with 2 sofas a bench and something else) all in the same day. Today was a good day in the fair city of Oliver.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2005, 07:15:26 PM »

Bummer Dep.  Well FWIW almost every Starbuck's offers free wireless, they just didn't partner with Nintendo so only McDonalds' are mentioned on the WiFi site.  Not to mention someone in your neighborhood may have an unsecured signal you can hop on  :twisted:

Just wanted to make a small correction here:

While Starbucks offers wifi access, it is most certainly not free.

Starbucks has partnered with T-Mobile to have T-Mobile hotspots.   T-Mobile charges $30 / month for unlimited access to any hotspot, $10 for a day pass, and $6 for the first hour and 10 cents each additional minute for 'per use' charges.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2005, 09:15:03 PM »

Quote from: "MaxSteele"
... almost every Starbuck's offers free wireless...

...While Starbucks offers wifi access, it is most certainly not free....

I did not know that.  :oops:
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2005, 09:38:06 PM »

Now Mcdonalds on the other hand....  They've partnered with Nintendo to offer free wifi access to DS users.

You can go here:  http://www.nintendowifi.com/hotspots/searchHotSpot.do

And type in all your info.  It'll show the closest hot spots to your location.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2005, 11:29:27 PM »

Quote from: "MaxSteele"
Now Mcdonalds on the other hand....  They've partnered with Nintendo to offer free wifi access to DS users.

You can go here:  http://www.nintendowifi.com/hotspots/searchHotSpot.do

And type in all your info.  It'll show the closest hot spots to your location.

Yup did that.  Unfortunately McDonalds around me aren't wifi-enabled.  So the closest McDonalds to me would be in Portland, which is a 20 min. drive or so.

motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2005, 11:48:26 PM »

If anybody needs pears or wants to talk to my townies feel free to stop by. My gates are open for an hour or so. My friend code and town name are in the friends code thread. I will probably be away from my DS so don't think I am ignoring you.

No tree-chopping mafia members please :wink:
depward

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2005, 11:58:36 PM »

I'll try to get there and possibly do a bit of fishing!

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2005, 12:08:04 AM »

Quote from: "motodd"
If anybody needs pears or wants to talk to my townies feel free to stop by. My gates are open for an hour or so. My friend code and town name are in the friends code thread. I will probably be away from my DS so don't think I am ignoring you.

No tree-chopping mafia members please :wink:

I just pulled into Weed CA at a Comfort Inn that has wireless access, but it doesn't work with my DS!!! CRAP!!! I was gonna visit you...

oh well.... sigh...

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
motodd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2005, 02:59:29 AM »

Sorry you could not stop by PaulBot.
Thanks to those (Depward, TheMissingLink and Warning) that stopped by and left some gifts. I didn't fall for the pitfall by the way. Try right in front of the door next time Cool

Anybody up for a swap meet sometime in the future???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: