http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:18:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 35875 times)
Farscry
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2005, 07:25:13 PM »

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
A few of your constellations have been popping up in my town...pretty cool.  Hopefully The Revolution pops into your night skies soon biggrin

Oh and who's constellation is the boobs?  LOL.

lol.

Oh, that'd be mine, except that's supposed to be an owl:  the eyes and the beak are outlined.  But I named it "Hooter" or something like that to be punny.  slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
warning

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 10, 2005, 07:47:54 PM »

Does anyone know: If you leave your town connected to wi-fi but close the lid so it goes into sleep mode can people still access your town?  I'm guessing it shuts everything down temporarily but I'm not sure.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2005, 07:55:45 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Does anyone know: If you leave your town connected to wi-fi but close the lid so it goes into sleep mode can people still access your town?  I'm guessing it shuts everything down temporarily but I'm not sure.

This game doesn't go into full sleep mode.  It only shuts teh screens down.  I think this is because of the real time nature of the game.  At any rate, you can plug it in, open your gates, and close the lid and all will be well.

Also, Nth seems to always be in a conversation when I go to try to enter his town.  If you have dialog up with an animal, people cannot enter your town, so keep this in mind.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 10, 2005, 08:55:28 PM »

Quote from: "DiscoJason"

This game doesn't go into full sleep mode.  It only shuts teh screens down.  I think this is because of the real time nature of the game.  At any rate, you can plug it in, open your gates, and close the lid and all will be well.

Also, Nth seems to always be in a conversation when I go to try to enter his town.  If you have dialog up with an animal, people cannot enter your town, so keep this in mind.

Hmm...how weird.  My guy was just sitting in the house and the lid was closed on the DS.  I'll try to restart and maybe sit by gate guard this time and see if it works.  When I did open the lid, there was a good morning message the game sent me.  Maybe that had something to do with it? *grumble*

Can someone let me know if the problem happens again?  I'll keep my town gates open again late tonight through tomorrow.  My town needs some tourism! smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2005, 12:43:32 AM »

Thanks for keeping Orville open, Torfish.  I needed an open Nook's store today biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2005, 12:57:27 AM »

Thanks for keeping Orville open, Torfish.  I needed an open Nook's store today biggrin

Cool, glad you visited!  And yes my DS lid was shut all late afternoon and evening.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2005, 01:49:42 AM »

Ok Just got a Wifi Router set up.  My code is:

2491-6903-6422, Adam, Utopia

I will add everyone who has posted in this thread so feel free to visit!

Edit: Added everyone from Wifi Sticky

I have cherries... lots of cherries... help yourselves smile
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2005, 01:59:28 AM »

Very cool, two Adam's represented (I'm Addy).  If we had Calvin, that would be THREE.  And that, would be m-i-n-d-b-l-o-w-i-n-g.

I bought insurance today.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2005, 02:11:33 AM »

As did I.  What does it do exactly?  Do I get compensated if I get stung by bees?  

I'm slowly paying off my first mortgage.  I really need a bigger pad.  The fruit from the other towns is certainly helping.  Thanks guys!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
depward

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2005, 02:31:16 AM »

Yeah I bought it too.  No clue as to what it's all about!

I bought medicine.  And just had it one time for some reason.  But Tipper - my cow friend - was all sick and shivery.  And she asked for medicine.  So yeah, that's one thing medicine can be used for.

Paid off my first loan and got a bigger place.  Man it was SO cramped in that little room!  Now I have spaaaace!  Keeping my gate open if anyone wants to ding around at my town tonight.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2005, 03:00:44 AM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"

As did I.  What does it do exactly?  Do I get compensated if I get stung by bees?  

I'm slowly paying off my first mortgage.  I really need a bigger pad.  The fruit from the other towns is certainly helping.  Thanks guys!

You get paid for bee stings.  I got sting by a bee today and I got 100 bells int he mail later that day.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2005, 04:10:40 AM »

Don't forget to check out K.K. Slider in the coffee shop tonight!  8-12am!  You get a song and FINALLY, you can have some music in your place biggrin

I got K.K. Gumbo and it's a pretty cool rock song!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2005, 04:23:50 AM »

All this interaction sounds pretty fun.  A DS is really appealing to me right now, especially since a few family members have one.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2005, 05:30:38 AM »

Don't forget to check out K.K. Slider in the coffee shop tonight!  8-12am!  You get a song and FINALLY, you can have some music in your place biggrin

I ended up with K.K. Soul.  Any idea if we can swap songs as well?

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2005, 05:53:49 AM »

Thanks for the heads up!  I wanted K.K. to play some Erasure, but I ended up getting K.K. Rock.  thumbsup

warning

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2005, 05:55:28 AM »

I saw the concert but got no song.  How do I get a song?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2005, 06:18:58 AM »

ARGH!  No Animals to be Crossed here.  My WiFi dongle should arrive Monday and if the stores near work are out of stock I will have to "confiscate" one of my students copies of the damn game.

I am a lord without a kingdom and I am dying!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
depward

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2005, 07:22:43 AM »

I saw the concert but got no song.  How do I get a song?

Hmm, you should have received a "bootleg" of the song that was played in your inventory which you can then transfer to whatever music system you have at your apartment.

I got K.K. Technopop!  YEAH!!

Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2005, 09:52:36 AM »

I got KK Swing. After a day of snow I found a snow ball early this morning that you can kick around like soccer.. but then it got lost behind a house frown

Gonna leave my gates open while I sleep and the DS charges... Code is above.  If you have listed a code here or are in Dimmona's WiFi Sticky then you've been entered and can visit me.

Bring some fruits, take some cherries home smile  oh and please don't dig up the two buried things near my house... they are an experiment ninja
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2005, 03:10:40 PM »

Got K. K. Surfer for my song last night. I'm almost embarassed to say that I enjoyed it  :oops:  Catchy little tune that it is...

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
warning

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2005, 04:15:34 PM »

Man what did I do wrong?  I met him.  He asked me to make a request so I told him Jingle Bells.  He played a song then told me he actually didn't know Jingle Bells then it was done.

I GOT NO SONG!!   :evil:
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2005, 05:19:33 PM »

little things are what this version so much better, better interface, little changes to things like mailing letters, more options etc. are all making this a more enjoyable playingexperience.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2005, 05:41:10 PM »

Very cool, two Adam's represented (I'm Addy).  If we had Calvin, that would be THREE.  And that, would be m-i-n-d-b-l-o-w-i-n-g.

I tried to refuse buying insurance, but it is impossible.  You have to buy it, so it's not really the option that it seems to be.

xbox live: nude rick james
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2005, 06:06:39 PM »

Quote from: "Clay"

I tried to refuse buying insurance, but it is impossible.  You have to buy it, so it's not really the option that it seems to be.

I kept refusing him...ut then said yes.  I didn't have enough, so he pitched a hissy fit and followed me around for the rest of the day.  Never did buy any though.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2005, 06:35:39 PM »

Yeah, it's a little annoying -- if you have the money you have to buy it, as far as I can tell.

xbox live: nude rick james
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2005, 08:16:31 PM »

Man what did I do wrong?  I met him.  He asked me to make a request so I told him Jingle Bells.  He played a song then told me he actually didn't know Jingle Bells then it was done.

You have to not request a song to get a song.  I requested the first time and he played a song and told me he didn't know mine.  Then I told him I didn't have a request and he played Agent K.K. and I got the song.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2005, 09:02:59 PM »

Fun stuff running around in Addy's town with Adam as well.  That outfit you changed into TML was HILARIOUS!

I have my gate open and will try to have it open the whole day.  Adam - I added you - sorry for forgetting.  You're good to go now!

Come visit!  I have peaches!  And a coolio house.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2005, 09:09:54 PM »

You have to not request a song to get a song.  I requested the first time and he played a song and told me he didn't know mine.  Then I told him I didn't have a request and he played Agent K.K. and I got the song.

Don't know about that, I requested a song I heard about online (there are lists of songs out there) and he gave it to me.  Maybe if you spell it wrong?  Don't know.

TheMissingLink on PSN
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2005, 11:21:31 PM »

Don't know about that, I requested a song I heard about online (there are lists of songs out there) and he gave it to me.  Maybe if you spell it wrong?  Don't know.

WHen I typed my reply I assumed he asked for a song that wasn't real, just like I did.  I am sure if you ask for a real song, you get it.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2005, 11:29:57 PM »

I had to speak to him a second time after he played the song I requested (and didn't know).  The second time I told him I didn't have any request and he asked me if I liked to be surprised.  I said yes and afterwards he gave me a bootleg.

Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 12, 2005, 10:19:47 AM »

Well today was my first day of AC:WW 'Online' and wow it really adds a dimension to this.  Within a bout a minute of opening my DS today Addy (TML) came to visit, and brought an apple.  He bought a new wall in my Nook's and came to check out my pad.  Then we went to his town for a bit, when Xian (Depward) came to play too and we used teamwork to uproot a tree so that Addy could sprout a new fruit tree in that spot.  Addy even gave me his sweet Roman Helmet, and said he'd order another from himself from Nook's catalog.

I left cherries in every town I visited, and managed to get apples, oranges, peaches and pears to plant back home.  I met Orph in Blarney (I think) and he said he'd been looking for a shovel all week... I recalled that Nook had a spare one for sale today and invited him back. When I asked about exchanging friend codes he showed me that if you meet a stranger in someones town, you can add them automatically through the friends menu, without having to discuss the specifics. Very Good feature.

So Orph came and got his shovel, and we discussed fishing, so I told him to go check out the aquarium in my museum, and he was very impressed with number of fish I'd donated already... The place is almost full smile

Later on this evening I turned on the game for some normal 'offline' play and I noticed 3 new constellations in my sky, "The Cube", "Its Grasping Arm", and one that was a 'dipper' (don't recall the name atm).  Then as I made the rounds looking for fossils I saw a bottled message on my beach.  It was from Clay (who I had no contact with today aside from him adding me to his contacts) and the message read "gamingtrend.com".  Then I ran into Blanca the mysterious cat, who had a really cool angry face drawn by gim from ~home~.  I gave her a new skullface and sent her on her way.

So thats one day of ACWW via Wifi.  wow.  I sure hope that the game really has enough in there and Nintendo keeps seeding more to make everyday that interesting.  Even if not, that was good fun.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 12, 2005, 03:08:14 PM »

Oh wow; I've got to visit more towns!  I'm amazed at how rapidly my constellations are showing up in other people's towns already.  "The Cube" was the first constellation I created, Demos, and you haven't even been to my town yet!  (I need to add you to my list tonight!)

I love this game.  It's such a blast.  smile  I'm a manic fisherman too; I've got almost 20 varieties of fish in my museum so far, but unfortunately I've yet to catch any bugs (I just got my butterfly net yesterday finally; still no axe though)

I'm most disappointed that none of the fruit trees I've tried to plan have grown though.  frown  There went my peach and orange!  Still stuck with just pears for now.  Tongue

Nook's is closed today, too, for an upgrade (that's an upgrade every other day in my town so far for him; this is his second one).  I hope he doesn't keep upgrading that frequently!

warning

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 12, 2005, 03:12:06 PM »

Quote from: "Farscry_Redux"
I'm most disappointed that none of the fruit trees I've tried to plan have grown though.  frown  There went my peach and orange!  Still stuck with just pears for now.  Tongue

Did you water them with the watering can after you planted them?  I planted several last night, watered them and today they are well on their way.
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 12, 2005, 03:18:33 PM »

Is this a game you can pick up and play whenever, or do you have to play each and every day? I find I go through spurts of handheld gaming [hey, ick]. I know my Nintendog is covered in fleas by now. If I only play ACWW every few days, is most of my time going to be spent weeding and killing bugs?

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 12, 2005, 04:10:49 PM »

Something coll happened in my town last night.  I was walking around and saw this little kitten crying.  She said she was lost and wanted her mommy who was in a town my friend has called Salmon.  So, I called my friend up, asked him to open his town up, and escorted the kitten to her town.  The mom cat was there waiting at the gate and thanked me for escorting the kitten back home.  I was hoping she would give me something for my efforts, but she didn't.  Maybe I will get something in the mail in the future or something.  Seems like a lot of effort to go through to get no reward, but it was still cool, nonetheless.

fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2005, 04:15:04 PM »

Did you water them with the watering can after you planted them?  I planted several last night, watered them and today they are well on their way.

I haven't been able to find that yet at Nook's in my town or any of the others I've visited. Am I missing it or have I just been unlucky?

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2005, 04:36:24 PM »

Yeah, I planted then watered them, and I make sure not to step on spots with growing saplings since I fear that may damage them.  I also made sure they were reasonably far from any buildings or other trees.

Does it matter if you plant them in regular dirt or in the "grassy" areas?  Or is that just for looks (ground variation)?

Fye, looks like you've just been unlucky.  I've had watering cans on two days now, but no axes yet!

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2005, 04:46:09 PM »

Fye, looks like you've just been unlucky.  I've had watering cans on two days now, but no axes yet!

I have all the tools I need:  axe, pole, shovel, slingshot, net, and watering can.  I think in the store this morning I had a slingshot, so maybe I will open my town later tonight and the first one to the town can go buy it.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2005, 07:06:20 PM »

I have all the tools I need:  axe, pole, shovel, slingshot, net, and watering can.  I think in the store this morning I had a slingshot, so maybe I will open my town later tonight and the first one to the town can go buy it.

Snap sligshot!

Man, I agree with everyone - this game is so awesome.  So much fun.  So much to do.  SO much variety.  Everyone I've met looks differently.  It's what the Cube version was and more.  WITH portability.  Fantastic!

I like the whole constellation thing as well.  Now I have about 5 constellations at my town.

I get letters from residents from other towns.  Cool stuff.  I tend to always try and send them letters while visiting.

I love my refridgerator.  It holds like, 70 items!!  Woo!

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2005, 07:20:55 PM »

Quote from: "depward"

I love my refridgerator.  It holds like, 70 items!!  Woo!

Heh, yeah I was shocked just how much storage space items now hold.  I think my new ranch dresser holds 54 items alone - I'll need that for all of the afro wigs people keep giving me slywink

Also, has anybody else gotten to mess around with the time at all?  It's actually kinda fun - you can use it for games of hide-n-seek, tag, etc., and it also has a fish/bug counter if you want to use it for contests.  I can order a few more from the catalogue if anybody wants one...

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: