http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 10:17:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal crossing reviews and hopefully impressions!  (Read 35919 times)
Victoria Raverna
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2005, 04:14:59 AM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
Quote from: "Nth Power"
Everyone else wants to catch fish.  My main source of income comes from selling oranges.

Don't forget to raid other people's towns for fruit, plant them in your town, and reap the profits :-)

That's been one of the hardest things so far for me to get used to - without the GBA island present as a way to create hordes of $$, progress is going to be pretty slow on the financial front.  Well, at least until the turnip dealer comes to town...

My town has orange as native fruit, but this morning I got a letter from mom with an apple as a present so I planted it. Hopefully it'll grow into an apple tree soon.

As for finance thing, it seems like I earn money a lot faster compare to the gamecube version but maybe that is because I was still learning to earn money when I played the gamecube version.

So far I made money by selling all the fruits, claim the lost items, checking on the recycle bins, and fishing. Paid Nook in less than one day and now working on earning money to pay for the upgrade.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2005, 05:18:30 AM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
Is it just me or is this game a very peaceful form of relaxation?  I was having a stressful past couple days and I swear, I could just turn on Animal Crossing and escape from everything for a little bit.  I think it should be used in counseling sessions as a form of meditation and stress relief.  Such an awesome game!

Same here.  Been so stressed out.  But when I had free time I would pop this in and just get away from it all for awhile.  Great stuff.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2005, 05:52:24 AM »

Lol, who just left the pile of a dozen apples in front of my town gate while I was going to the bathroom slywink

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2005, 06:30:18 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
This is the code for my wife's neighborhood

Carrie
Home
3059-0347-8831

I think you might have entered your wife's code wrong, as the DS is rejecting it as an invalid code...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2005, 07:24:17 AM »

I got a shovel the second day I played.  If another shovel pops up in the store, I'll get it and give it to one of you "shoveless" people   biggrin

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2005, 09:03:19 AM »

Luckily I got a shovel and fishing pole the first day and a watering can the next.  Now where is that god damn axe?

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2005, 09:17:55 AM »

Ok, someone at Nintendo must be an Oregon Ducks fan.  I just had a new person named Joey move into town so I went to check him out.  He is a duck wearing a green and yellow shirt with a number 3 on it.  Joey Harrington was of course #3 when he played at UO.  Coincidence?  I think not!  I rember in Animal Crossing on the GameCube, someone (I think maybe the mailman) started a joke off by saying... "So theres a Duck, a Husky and a Cougar..."  and those are all PAC-10 teams and Nintendo is located in Washington.  Hmm, I hate the Ducks, time to mail Joey a boot or maybe a tin can.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2005, 01:03:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
I visited ericb's town (and vice versa) this morning.  Pretty cool, although the 2nd time when he was visiting my town we did get a network timeout which after 15 seconds causes the game to go back to the title screen (thankfully my inventory had been saved - so I still have all of the apples I stole from his town).

Yes, the green circles indicate codes it has validated (and I think may also indicate they have you on their friends list as well).  If you go to the little icon on the friends screen that has the three heads on it, it will show you a list of everybody currently logged in to the WiFi service.

Also, just in case it wasn't clear to folks from the manual (it wasn't for me) - in order to log in to the WiFi service so other people can visit your town, you have to head north to the town gate and talk to Copper.  He will give you the option to 'Invite Guests' to your town.  Selecting this link will open your town doors and log you in to the WiFi service.  You will have the standard link icon on the bottom left, and it will announce to you if somebody else on your friends list comes online.

To go to somebody else's town, you can talk to Copper as well.  Whenever you enter someone's town, a little cutscene will play announcing that person's arrival (to the host).  Be sure to leave obscenities on that person's message board smile

Please tell me that you can't create or mail profanity laden messages in this game.  If so, I can picture all the idiots ruining online play for my kids already.  Surely Nintendo took care not to allow this.
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2005, 01:40:42 PM »

Tebunker, neither one of your codes works for me.

Also, I wonder if the red triangle / green circle indicates whether the friend list entry is 2-way.  That is to say, if I had you on my friend list and you had me on yours, then there would be a green circle.  

I keep going online to find some of you guys, but when I try to visit a distant town, either nobody is online or they don't show up on my list.  When are most people online?  I'll bring some peaches!

xbox live: nude rick james
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2005, 02:21:02 PM »

Quote from: "Clay"
Tebunker, neither one of your codes works for me.

Also, I wonder if the red triangle / green circle indicates whether the friend list entry is 2-way.  That is to say, if I had you on my friend list and you had me on yours, then there would be a green circle.  

I keep going online to find some of you guys, but when I try to visit a distant town, either nobody is online or they don't show up on my list.  When are most people online?  I'll bring some peaches!

I keep having this problem, too.  I never see you guys online.  I keep my town open a fair bit, but never see anyone.  Maybe I will leave it on and plugged in over night and see if any of you come.  I would rather interact, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2005, 03:29:51 PM »

Quote from: "The_Man"

Please tell me that you can't create or mail profanity laden messages in this game.  If so, I can picture all the idiots ruining online play for my kids already.  Surely Nintendo took care not to allow this.

I haven't tried it at all, but I'm sure there is some sort of filter in there.  That said, only people on your friends list are allowed to visit your town, so as long as you're careful who you put on there you should be ok.

There is a message in a bottle that you can receive from random people over WiFi, but you can go to the options menu and turn it off just to make sure you're not getting any crap from folks.

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2005, 05:06:39 PM »

Quote from: "GatorFavre"
Ok, someone at Nintendo must be an Oregon Ducks fan.  I just had a new person named Joey move into town so I went to check him out.  He is a duck wearing a green and yellow shirt with a number 3 on it.  Joey Harrington was of course #3 when he played at UO.  Coincidence?  I think not!  I rember in Animal Crossing on the GameCube, someone (I think maybe the mailman) started a joke off by saying... "So theres a Duck, a Husky and a Cougar..."  and those are all PAC-10 teams and Nintendo is located in Washington.  Hmm, I hate the Ducks, time to mail Joey a boot or maybe a tin can.

Just dig a couple of holes around his door.  Or, whenever you get a net, just give him a few wacks.  Daily.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2005, 06:15:50 PM »

How'd you like DEM apples, ericb?  :wink:

First visitor to Da Couv!  Very cool:D

TheMissingLink on PSN
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »

picked it up yesterday, never played the Cube version... I didn't have time to get past the starting chores for Nook, but ti certainly looks like it has some promise. Once I'm done with Nook I'll be sure to post my code and info. biggrin

I told the sales monkey at Gamestop I was buying it for my niece... I'm such a wuss. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2005, 08:07:25 PM »

Hmm...  This thread makes me wonder if names have to be correctly capitalized, etc... in order for this to work:
http://boards.ign.com/animal_crossing/b5310/104864616/p1/?6

I wouldn't think so, but hey... who knows?  I have yet to see anybody else available.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:37 PM »

Quote from: "coopasonic"

I told the sales monkey at Gamestop I was buying it for my niece... I'm such a wuss. slywink

I probably would have done the same thing.  Luckily, I wasn't asked.  smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
warning

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2005, 08:26:22 PM »

I'm going to leave my town open starting now and all night long.  Feel free to come and crap all over the place.
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2005, 09:13:04 PM »

The manual leads me to believe that I you cannot visit somebody else's town unless they are on your friend list and you are on theirs...

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2005, 10:25:06 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
I'm going to leave my town open starting now and all night long.  Feel free to come and crap all over the place.

Well, as long as I've been added to your friend list, fear not:  I will!  I'll go fishing and leave boots and tires all over the place!

MWA HA HA HA HAAA!!!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2005, 10:25:20 PM »

Quote from: "Clay"
The manual leads me to believe that I you cannot visit somebody else's town unless they are on your friend list and you are on theirs...

This is correct, same as Animal Crossing... check the FAQ at the end of the first post in the WiFi Code Sticky Thread

grrr.... I'm on day 3 now and still no stinking shovel to be found!  I even raided a bunch of GTer's towns with no luck frown

Maybe I can kill Wolfgang in his sleep and take his?

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2005, 10:43:29 PM »

Dimmona - if I get online tonight I'll try to visit your town and convienantly "forget" to pick up a shovel somewhere around your town.  Hmm . . . maybe I'll even just bury it somewhere . . . noooo, that would be cruel   biggrin

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2005, 10:45:28 PM »

muaaaa ahahahaha HERE I COME!

TheMissingLink on PSN
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2005, 10:57:14 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
Dimmona - if I get online tonight I'll try to visit your town and convienantly "forget" to pick up a shovel somewhere around your town.  Hmm . . . maybe I'll even just bury it somewhere . . . noooo, that would be cruel   biggrin

I've booby trapped my town entrance with pitfalls just in case smile

Edit: I forgot to add - my town *did* have an axe in stock this morning, so unless you want to return to see your town turned into an arid desert I wouldn't recommend burying shovels all over my town...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
depward

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2005, 11:51:04 PM »

Left some peaches and some nice writing paper for you (or anyone else)!

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2005, 11:57:45 PM »

Has anyone else played hide and seek yet?  Kind of a fun way to pass some time.  They should have put actual games in.  Tag would be fun!  And I know this sounds weird, but how about a real simple capture the flag.  If you had 4 people it could be amusing.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2005, 07:11:36 AM »

Heh, that was a good time tonight?  There was a bunch of GTers online going back and forth in each others towns.  I think we had four people in fyedaddy's town at one point.

Heh, I can't remember who had the afro but that cracked me up...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2005, 07:51:58 AM »

This game owns. I think that this is the most relaxing video game ever on this platform. Seriously. I play for 2 hours and it seems like 30mins...I can`t wait till I get wi-fi!!!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2005, 07:56:39 AM »

Discojason was the guy with the afro, that thing is huuuuge.

Yeah, 4 people in fyedaddy's town, except he was away, darnit.  But it was still pretty funny, comparing fish.  Mine was the smallest frown

TheMissingLink on PSN
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2005, 08:01:57 AM »

I`ve seriously put WAY too many hours into this...and I`ve only had it 4 days... :roll:
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2005, 08:22:06 AM »

I'll have my town open starting tonight (late) and through most of tomorrow afternoon.  If you happen to stop by, please be respectful of the  neighbors and the fish.  Feel free to loot and pillage Tom Nook all you want though.  smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2005, 09:09:10 AM »

A few of your constellations have been popping up in my town...pretty cool.  Hopefully The Revolution pops into your night skies soon biggrin

Oh and who's constellation is the boobs?  LOL.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2005, 11:00:37 AM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
A few of your constellations have been popping up in my town...pretty cool.  Hopefully The Revolution pops into your night skies soon biggrin

Oh and who's constellation is the boobs?  LOL.

lol.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2005, 01:31:11 PM »

I will join all you guys/gals as soon as I join the WiFi age.  I don't have a wireless router so I'm going to order the Nintendo USB WiFi, which only works with the DS.  

Anybody familiar with it?  Does it work really well?  It's only $34 so I will order it by Sunday night, unless someone here tells me it's a total waste.

Thanks Guys/Gals!

By the way, my Animal Crossing info:

ZER of STARLAND

No code yet, but it will come.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »

Discojason was the guy with the afro, that thing is huuuuge.

Yeah, 4 people in fyedaddy's town, except he was away, darnit.  But it was still pretty funny, comparing fish.  Mine was the smallest frown

Yeah, that was me.  I am sure I can order afros in the catalog in Tom Nook's (I was abl to order another night sky tee for an animal who wanted one), so you guys let me know if you want some and I will order them for you.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2005, 02:24:41 PM »

*growls* I really just started playing last night and Nook's is closed today for remodeling... on a Saturday?! blasphemy... or something. biggrin

I'm enjoying the fishing... I found a coconut on the beach and I wanna plant it to grow palm trees, but I can't figure out how... or if I can even. I dig a hole but I can't get the nut in the hole... err...

*edit* nevermind I'm a schmoo, coconut planted!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
warning

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2005, 02:40:24 PM »

Quote from: "Starshifter"
I will join all you guys/gals as soon as I join the WiFi age.  I don't have a wireless router so I'm going to order the Nintendo USB WiFi, which only works with the DS.  

Anybody familiar with it?  Does it work really well?  It's only $34 so I will order it by Sunday night, unless someone here tells me it's a total waste.

I use it and it works flawlessly.  It makes connecting very easy.  Get it.

Thanks to all of you for invading my town.  I'm going to go survey the damage this morning and clean the place up.  I hope you didn't scare away all my neighbors.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2005, 03:57:24 PM »

That was great! I had to be away from my DS last night but I left it open to my friends list so Farscry could check out the town. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I checked back to find everyone connected smile

Thanks to whoever left the peaches in my town. They've already been planted smile

Dimmona, still need a shovel? I could buy one later and visit your town to mail it to you tonight if you need it.

LOVE this game...

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2005, 04:29:12 PM »

Thanks to all of you for invading my town.  I'm going to go survey the damage this morning and clean the place up.  I hope you didn't scare away all my neighbors.

I'm going to tell you this in advance.  I sent your wife flowers.

I had trampled on some earlier and destroyed them; I AM NOT HITTING ON YOUR WIFE!

TheMissingLink on PSN
warning

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2005, 05:08:44 PM »

I'm going to tell you this in advance.  I sent your wife flowers.

I had trampled on some earlier and destroyed them; I AM NOT HITTING ON YOUR WIFE!

Heheh.

She'll be flattered!  The only problem is now she'll be reminded that I don't get her real flowers enough!  Grr.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2005, 07:16:52 PM »

Quote from: "fyedaddy"

That was great! I had to be away from my DS last night but I left it open to my friends list so Farscry could check out the town. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I checked back to find everyone connected smile

Thanks to whoever left the peaches in my town. They've already been planted smile

Dimmona, still need a shovel? I could buy one later and visit your town to mail it to you tonight if you need it.

LOVE this game...

Sadly, I wasn't able to connect to either Fye's town last night or Nth's town this morning.  frown  I get an error 86420 when trying to do so.  However, Warning's town I've had no trouble connecting to, and I left my town running this morning (I wasn't able to be live on the game though) while I was taking care of things around the house and, err... *cough*playingDQ8*cough*

Anyway, so it's obvious that I'm connecting to the WFC without trouble, and can have some people connect to me as well as connect to some others, but I don't understand why I have trouble connecting to certain towns.

Oh, and... I'm not above begging for fruit other than the plethora of pears I was gifted with upon moving into my town.  slywink

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: