http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 05:39:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal Crossing DS!  (Read 1058 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2005, 05:59:09 AM »

This is only a month away. When I saw the box art at toys r us, I felt like a kid again. I`m thinking of picking up a 2nd DS for the wife for this game. Both of us playing with the wi-fi support=loads of fun I would think.
  Is anyone else REALLY looking forward to this?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 06:06:00 AM »

I'm looking forward to this and Mario Kart DS more than just about any other game right now.  Can't wait!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 06:21:32 AM »

God yes, I hear it's addresses issues with the GC version and just fixes 'em.  I don't know exactly what they mean by that, but I believe there's a bunch more items to collect and just more to do.  

I can't wait.  This and Mario Kart = WONDEROUS!

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 06:23:02 AM »

Yes!  Animal Crossing + Mario Kart + NDS + Wi-fi support = Fun for everyone

Seriously though, man, I can't WAIT for both of these.  Noticed the new screenies for Animal Crossing DS that GT had a couple of days ago - good stuff!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 02:04:01 PM »

Anybody know how robust the online mode is?  Is it a persistent world or do you just hook up your neighbourhood for others to visit?
Old Negus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 07:51:21 PM »

Oh shoot. I saw no need to pick up a DS until I remembered AC is going to be on it. Now there's a seedling in my mind, saying "get it..."

I spent way too long on AC on the Cube. Must resist.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 09:21:24 PM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
Anybody know how robust the online mode is?  Is it a persistent world or do you just hook up your neighbourhood for others to visit?

I think it was on gamespot where I read some previews, and there`s quite a bit to the online mode in this game. You can have other players come to visit your town and vice versa. Nintendo is also going to "mail" (In the game that is) you things from time to time that you can`t get in the game otherwise I think to. Lookin` good!
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 11:10:54 PM »

Pretty much when you are on your friends can come to your village. From what I've read it looks like you only get One house, but it can be vastly expanded beyond even what was on the Cube. As well the customization options are through the roof.

God knows just being able to fully customize your character will be better.

You can have 3 other people in a town with you at any time. I believe they have to be on your friends list too.

I definately look forward to a myriad of fishing tournaments within the console gold community.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 11:12:43 PM »

I have never played Animal Crossing, but since I have an open invite to crash at TML's village once I burn mine down I plan on picking it up.  Looking forward to seeing the DS wifi in action.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 11:35:43 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"
I have never played Animal Crossing, but since I have an open invite to crash at TML's village once I burn mine down I plan on picking it up.

biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 11:50:46 PM »

agreed-- DS with wi-fi, AC, Mario Kart, Nintendogs (uh for the kid) and a few others....DS for the win this holiday!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 11:51:51 PM »

Well, all I can say is - prepare to have all of your trees chopped down and an insane amount of holes in the ground after I'm done leaving everyone's town   biggrin

Ok, I wouldn't do that, that would be bad!  Fishing tournaments would be fun though!!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: