http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 09:37:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Android games  (Read 857 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »

I didn't see a thread for us Android users about games, so i'd like to start one.

I bought my first smartphone last week and haven't had much of an opportunity to play, but i have downloaded a couple free games that look promising.

Just got Everlands as the free daily app from Amazon.   Looks like a strategy/puzzle type game.   Free is good so i thought i'd it a shot.   Secondly, i downloaded Dungeon Defenders for free i haven't tried yet.    This is a action rpg.

I'd like some recommendations on a turn based rpg in the fantasy realm.   Anyone play one they can suggest?

DocD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »

Game Dev Story. It's not a fantasy game, but it's a lot of fun.
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:13 PM »

I'll second Game Dev Story.  It's so good, I'll probably pick up Grand Prix Story soon even though I'm not that into racing.  I haven't had my android much longer than you, but I'd recommend the port of Majesty.  The controls are well done and there's been some streamlining of gameplay to accommodate the platform.  It's also not turn based but is fantasy.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »

there should be a bunch here, with games and apps.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »

I was thinking about majesty because the pc version years ago was great. I honestly didn't know how great a gaming device I have with my phone. Gonna get alot of gaming in at night lying in bed.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:44:58 AM »

Project INF - Free multiplayer game. Up to 24 players battle it out in real time team deathmatch and capture the flag (top down view)

Star Legends - Great looking MMORPG from the creators of Pocket Legends 3D. (Which is also still up and running and is cross play with iPhone users.)

Cestos / Cestos 2 - Free online multiplayer games up to 4 players. Simple but fun.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 11:39:29 AM »

Cordy is great fun.  https://market.android.com/details?id=com.silvertree.cordy&feature=editorial-apps_editors_choice

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »

Cordy looks really cool...sorta like Little Big Planet from the video i saw

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 07:05:45 PM »

180- fun puzzle game, made by someone from neogaf. gets fairly consistent upgrades.
Peggle
cut the rope
Zenonia 3- it's a free version like the iphone with a cash store. i've played about an hour but it looks like you can play just fine w/o buying anything
Fieldrunners- good tower D
Inotia 3-looks like a fairly in depth RPG. doesn't run well on my OG droid so I haven't played much
Stardunk- fun game, you try to make baskets with a star. Every few minutes you compete with people all over with constant score updates throughout. runs like poop on OG droid so hard to make shots.

note:og droid sucks, it's not a knock against the games. it only has 384 ram :|

I only wish that square enix gets aboard android soon. it's far too huge to keep ignoring like they are. People say there's no games for android but there's a lot This is just a short list.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 01:45:11 AM »

Other than the games already mentioned, I'd highly suggest downloading the Amazon App Store.  They have a new free paid app every day, and often times it is cool games.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »

What kind of Android phone did you get?

I just got a T-Mobile G2x yesterday (dual core 1Ghz with Nvidia Tegra 2 graphics) and holy shit it opened up a whole new world to mobile gaming! (I was using a Virgin Mobile Triumph before.)

I forgot to mention Galcon on my other post as well. It's probably the game that gets most of my attention. Think it runs $1.99 in the app store. 4 players online either free for all or 2vs2. It's a simple space conquest game, each player starts out with a planet with 100 ships. You have to colonize the other planets on the map and kill the other players. You can get some really big space battles going on as each ship looks like a tiny triangle, so if you send 100 of them to attack one of your opponent's worlds, you see 100 little triangles making their way to his planet. (You can also redirect your ships on the way to another planet or back to home base.)
Games usually only last a few minutes, though they can go as high as 10 or 15 minutes if nobody attacks and builds up a massive fleet. All in real-time. Very, very simple game with simple graphics, but very addictive!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 01:09:30 AM »

i have the EVO 3D and i'm just shocked at how well some of these games look and play

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 01:27:50 PM »

Still looking for a nice turn based rpg, preferably in a fantasy setting. Noone knows of anything out there?

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »

UniWar might fit that description.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 08:24:51 PM »

I'm having fun with Grave Defense Gold HD. It's a tower defense game. There is a free version and a no-ad version.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 10:36:52 PM »

According to Chomp, there's Broken Circle, Wizards RPG, BladeQuest Demo (still in development), and Deep Fried Zombies!  The last one sounds different.  I haven't tried any of them.  Let us know if they're good.

Cheers,
Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 02:59:50 AM »

I just thought I point out that today's Amazon free app is Cut the Rope.  It's a consistent best seller and highly rated game.  It's also pretty fun.

Cheers,
Hrothgar

Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 04:09:55 AM »

The Android market is having a sale celebrating 10 Billion downloads.  10 apps each day on sale for $.10 each.  Check back each day.

10 Billion Sale

Day 1 includes Minecraft, Fieldrunners and Great Little War Game.

Cheers,
Hrothgar

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »

Quote from: DocD on August 15, 2011, 07:41:04 PM

Game Dev Story. It's not a fantasy game, but it's a lot of fun.

Game Dev story is one of the greatest games of all times.

I can also recommend Elder Signs, which is an adaptation of the board game Elder Signs, which is a simple version of the board game Arkham Horror. Basically, you choose a group of 4 investigators that has to clear a museum and save the world - awesome and very high production values.

A new one
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 05:15:22 PM »

Game Dev Story is on sale today for $.10 on the Android market at the link above.  Just go buy it if you don't already have it.

Cheers,
Hrothgar

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »

Quote from: Hrothgar on December 09, 2011, 05:15:22 PM

Just go buy it if you don't already have it.

This!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: