http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 11:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And then there were 10  (Read 966 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:11:49 PM »

As in, 10 Console Titles Total in Whiteboyskim's Backlog O' Gamery.

I cleaned a bunch of the crap off my shelf today and took them in to EB then came home from work and took a head count. I have 10 total titles sitting out on the shelf that I have not completed yet, and that pulls from both Xbox and PS2. Unfortunately, two of those titles are Jade Empire and Dark Cloud 2 so there's a shitload of hours right there. Among my PC games, I figure there's roughly four or five that I haven't finished including Oblivion. I was waiting for the OOO 1.3 to hit before I started that back up again and since it just came out this weekend I'll have that cranked back up at some point in the near future.

Yes friends, cleaning the backlog is possible if you devote your mind, and whatever time you can scrounge out of your life. Five minutes here, 15 minutes there, and you too can burn off some of the backlog. This is in no way a public service announcement, merely an affirmation that I desperately need a hobby. drool

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:55:01 PM »

Unfortunately, {one} of those titles {is} Jade Empire...

You got that right. Game sucked and as a result, Bioware is now a company whose titles require my seeing reviews first before I buy it.

Man it sucked. 

It sucked so bad...so. bad.

Oh and selling off the backlog rather than playing it doesn't really count as cleaning it out,imo.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 11:08:22 PM »

Bah.  You are no true kung fu master!

You must master the way of the empire of jade, young grasshopper!

(I liked the game a lot! To each their own, I suppose  icon_biggrin)

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 11:14:02 PM »

Quote from: ATB on August 29, 2006, 10:55:01 PM

You got that right. Game sucked and as a result, Bioware is now a company whose titles require my seeing reviews first before I buy it.

Man it sucked. 

Oh and selling off the backlog rather than playing it doesn't really count as cleaning it out,imo.

I know this has been brought up before, but as said by Farscry to each thier own.  Jade Empire was by far one of my favorite Bioware titles ever, I heartily enjoyed it.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 11:47:32 PM »

While I am included in those who consider Jade Empire a huge disappointment, the bright side (as far as your backlog is concerned) is that it's the shortest Bioware RPG ever and finishing it is a drop in the bucket next to Dark Cloud 2. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 12:07:20 AM »

Quote from: ATB on August 29, 2006, 10:55:01 PM

Man it sucked. 

It counts when you've finished those games, know that you'll never play them ever again (re: Commandos: Strike Force), and decide to sell them off. Apologies if I was not clear. In theory I should have one more finished by this weekend. I'm also debating whether or not to call in *cough* sick on Friday and just spend the day burning through at least one more. This saves me money and I'm actually closing in on my goal of completing the backlog. That being said, once the Fourth Quarter hits and we staffers are slammed by review titles then that backlog will skyrocket yet again.

A vicious cycle this is, yes. nod

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 01:55:12 AM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on August 29, 2006, 10:11:49 PM

Yes friends, cleaning the backlog is possible if you devote your mind, and whatever time you can scrounge out of your life.

And never buy anything new. Or have a job.

*hates having a backlog as big as he does*

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 02:01:37 AM »

I never build THAT bad of a backlog..  But over the last 2-4 weeks I have been clearning any potential backlog because of the giant months coming up for the PC and DS, and quite possibly Wii.  This has required me to back off from the great demos and betas floating around.

I just wrapped up Morning's Wrath, and have been pushing through AOE-DS, and Medieval Lords on the PC.

I dont' feel I need to complete EVERYTHING though, as 90% of my gaming is on the LAN or MP.  If I put 10-20 MP/LAN games in, I cannot complain about value by that point.  Often, I simply sell or give away games I don't see I can ever get to, or didn't like rather than have them clutter my shelves up around here.  As a result, I am much more selective on what to purchase, and if a game isn't seeing action, I move it.

I read somewhere, the key to Netflix and Blockbuster online is to keep the queue moving rapidly, even if there are movies sitting on your shelf you want to see, but haven't send them back, keep the queue fresh and you'll see more movies.  I think its the same with PC stuff.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 05:37:35 AM »

?.......i cant believe that you didnt like jade empire,i thought it was definelty in all time top 5 xbox games

great game

but 1 question...what the hell have bioware done since?.......i seemed to of missed it if there was anything

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 06:10:52 AM »

They haven't released anything but NWN premium modules, but Mass Effect is coming next year, and perhaps Dragon Age.  They're also working on Jade Empire 2, but that's probably a 2008 title.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 01:07:48 PM »

My backlog of "newish" or at least games I feel like I should play or play through is not bad right now, but I am not making much progress. They include: Sin Episode 1, HL2 Episode 1, Gran Tourismo 4 (PS2), FF X-2 (PS2), and a bunch (like 10) pc games I am half or more finished with and need to get moving on.
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 03:46:55 PM »

I don't have any backlog! Ahhhh!!!  :icon_eek:

I need an Xbox 360.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: