http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 05:16:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alone in the Dark  (Read 2911 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:36:48 PM »

This game is just about to come out.

Despite my wish that they'd stick to the time period of the original, all of the released media has piqued my interest.  However, the most recent "Making of" video (on XBLM today) really has me psyched.  Story ideas that they've implemented seem borderline revolutionary.  They make a point of saying that, instead of thinking of the game like a movie, they see it as a TV show (given the 10-15 hours, that makes infinitely more sense).  Apparently, if you step away from the game for a while, when you start up again you'll get a "Previously on Alone in the Dark..."  The Lost game tried this, but it was set up in a static way, at the beginning of chapters.  They've also set up a Tivo-like function, where you can rewind and drop into the game.  Basically, play the thing at your own pace.  This really fits into the way I play games, and I'm very excited about it.

This isn't even talking about some of the great game mechanics that they've covered in previous videos.

If they pull it off, it could change be something amazing.

Unfortunately, I've heard some reports that they have not pulled it off, and the game's getting released too soon.  I'm anxiously waiting for reviews.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »

I'm thinking about picking up the PC version depending on the reviews.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 03:50:58 PM »

I am definitely watching this one with interest.  It is a game that I won't just buy unless reading reviews.  What you've stated above sounds intriguing, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:26 PM »

Rental in every sense of the word. My guess is a mediocre game with some good concepts that make it fun in spurts (well, thats what the previews seem to indicate).
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 05:44:45 PM »

i really want this,but i think i am gonna opt for guitar hero aerosmith as well...i will get AITD in a week or two after release

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 06:22:20 PM »

Sucks to be a PS3 owner frown
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »

hmm,i just downloaded the 'making of' from XBL,and it does look good,however i cant decide whether i like the graphics,some are good in places but in others it looks like a poor mans 'Prey'

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 17, 2008, 08:40:04 PM

hmm,i just downloaded the 'making of' from XBL,and it does look good,however i cant decide whether i like the graphics,some are good in places but in others it looks like a poor mans 'Prey'

Wow. I thought Prey was the poor mans...something.

What I'm trying to say is Prey wasn't good.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on June 17, 2008, 08:46:16 PM

Do you mean graphically or otherwise?  I actually liked Prey quite a bit.  And while they may not have been award-winning, I thought the graphics were decent, especially for the time.

AITD's graphics aren't jaw-dropping.  There's something kinda dirty about them, unpolished.  But if they're pulling off the kind of things they describe in the other vids, it might be a fair trade-off.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:19:05 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 10:29:11 PM »

I love the last one that was on Dreamcast. I can't wait to play the new game!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:29 AM »

Quote from: Pong on June 17, 2008, 06:22:20 PM

yes it does.

good thing I own a PC and 360 as well  Tongue Tongue icon_wink

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 10:01:54 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 18, 2008, 12:58:29 AM

yes it does.

I don't get it-Alone in the Dark isn't coming out for the PS3?
Pong
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:42:34 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 18, 2008, 10:01:54 AM

yes it does.

It is , but not untill September frown (at least in EU)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 03:22:32 PM »

Quote from: Pong on June 18, 2008, 10:42:34 AM

Quote from: Canuck on June 18, 2008, 10:01:54 AM

yes it does.

It is , but not untill September frown (at least in EU)

Gamestop doesn't even have the PS3 version on their website.  all I've heard about the US version is TBA 2008.

Because I can,
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 03:25:56 PM »

June 24th for 360/PC, supposedly.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 03:31:01 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on June 18, 2008, 03:25:56 PM

barring any last minute decision to hold it back that'll be the day.  It went gold awhile back.

Because I can,
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 03:58:07 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 17, 2008, 09:01:54 PM

Quote from: msteelers on June 17, 2008, 08:46:16 PM

Do you mean graphically or otherwise?  I actually liked Prey quite a bit.  And while they may not have been award-winning, I thought the graphics were decent, especially for the time.

AITD's graphics aren't jaw-dropping.  There's something kinda dirty about them, unpolished.  But if they're pulling off the kind of things they describe in the other vids, it might be a fair trade-off.

I was just being a jerk. I actually enjoyed Prey quite a bit. The death system bothered me a lot though, or lack thereof anyway, which is why I don't consider it a good game. It was more like just a fun way to kill a couple of hours (nothing wrong with that at all).

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 04:38:07 PM »

yeah i liked Prey...a bit anyway,got lost too often,LOL

but the graphics reminded me of prey's graphics.especially the lead character(he looked a bit like Tommy,and no i am not trying to be racist in saying it is because he is Native American,like Tommy was...or at least i thought the alone in the dark guy was as well)...but the graphics,looked great in some places and dodgy in others.....it may just be me,or my TV,remember i am SONY widescreen SD 32" vega(or wega)...not HD anyway

i have however seen on another making of or diary vid or something when you have a flaming chair(as in a chair that is on fire),and waving it about,that looked cool

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 18, 2008, 04:38:07 PM

yeah i liked Prey...a bit anyway,got lost too often,LOL

but the graphics reminded me of prey's graphics.especially the lead character(he looked a bit like Tommy,and no i am not trying to be racist in saying it is because he is Native American,like Tommy was...or at least i thought the alone in the dark guy was as well)...but the graphics,looked great in some places and dodgy in others.....it may just be me,or my TV,remember i am SONY widescreen SD 32" vega(or wega)...not HD anyway

i have however seen on another making of or diary vid or something when you have a flaming chair(as in a chair that is on fire),and waving it about,that looked cool

Wait, are you saying that all Native American video game characters look alike to you?  icon_wink

Actually, I'm not sure what the AITD guy is, ethnicly.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »

...i am not sure how i can answer this without making myself to look like a tw@

maybe he isnt then,i thought he was...fine if he is,fine if he isnt....damn,now i have gone too overboard with it

quick change subject

so,whose getting the special edition?

this is from GAME in the UK,no doubt you guys will have it as well...costs a tenner more than normal

i actually thought this was out NEXT friday,but its out this friday(as in two days away)...but i am getting FF7:Crisis Core this friday

here is some info on the special edition anyway(and some on the actual game as well)

Alone in the Dark - GAME Exclusive Limited Edition Contains:

15cm Alone in the Dark Edward Carnby Figurine

Alone in the Dark Artbook

Bonus 'Making Of Alone in the Dark' DVD

Alone in the Dark CD Audio Soundtrack

In Alone in the Dark, Central Park is hiding a secret. Built as a safe haven not only for the people of New York, but for something else entirely, generations of guardians have long protected the truth, preserving the vast parkland while the most expensive city in the world reached skyward on its fringes. Now the truth can no longer be contained. Alone in the Dark's main character paranormal investigator Edward Carnby finds himself inexplicably cast into the eye of the storm as over the course of one apocalyptic night he must uncover the earth-shattering secret behind Central Park. New York will never be the same again. Are you ready to be alone in the dark?

Inspired by the gripping style of contemporary TV dramas, Alone in the Dark delivers a new degree of narrative intensity, presented as a complete season format of episodes each containing action, twists and cliff-hangers. Bursting with innovative technology, including unprecedented environmental interaction, revolutionary physics, advanced artificial intelligence, stunning visuals, and uniquely immersive user interface, Alone in the Dark breaks gaming clichés to fulfil the next-gen promise and deliver a new kind of entertainment experience.

Alone in the Dark Features:

Central Park: One of the world’s most iconic and best loved urban landmarks, Central Park has been accurately reproduced in Alone in the Dark using satellite data and thousands of photographs.

Captivating story: The story of Alone in the Dark reveals the conspiracy behind Central Park and challenges beliefs on the afterlife, based on ideas and theories drawn from real-world spiritual philosophies.

Narrative Intensity: Taking cues from blockbuster TV dramas, Alone in the Dark is told in a TV season-style narrative structure to deliver the maximum intensity throughout, keeping the Alone in the Dark player hooked.

Real world rules: Revolutionary technology brings a new level of environmental interaction to the gameplay of Alone in the Dark, where anything you could do in real life, you can do in the game!

Immersion: The Alone in the Dark player is plunged into the heart of the action in real-time with full movement control, in-game inventory system, on-body damage and healing system, and physiological effects.

Photographic Rendering: Eden’s proprietary Twilight technology and rendering engine create a lavishly detailed game world for Alone in the Dark, with highly realistic and advanced cinematographic effects including depth of field, camera focus, numerous light sources, moisture, reflections and High Dynamic Range effects.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:57:27 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 12:43:44 AM »

1st review I've seen is in at the trustworthy Eurogamer: 7/10

The summary:
Yet in spite of all this, Alone in the Dark is ultimately likeable, even lovable. If you go back and read those opening paragraphs again, there's a game there that every gamer would want. Inventive, flexible, considered. It's stunning to look at it in places, too, and it's capable of classic gaming moments: quieter than the Would You Kindlies and This Was A Triumphs, but just as special. And in Edward Carnby's practical survivor, Eden has a tool players will enjoy sharpening. The problem is that every time you get excited about Alone in the Dark, it shuts you down. At times it's akin to Atari's Boiling Point: Road To Hell of three years ago; throw any score on the ten-point scale and it will stick to something, but there's so much friction on the lower end that it's often impossible to pull away and remember when you brushed past genius. You want to love it, but it just keeps letting you down, and in the end that's the impression that sticks to the wall and stays there.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 02:14:10 AM »

What is it with you people and not using links? Tongue

That said - a very good read.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 02:29:23 AM »

I have a strong interest in the Wii version, the controls looked good, and the game looked solid overall.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 03:02:46 AM »

And the PS3 version doesn't come out until "Autumn"icon_confused

Atari has told Eurogamer Germany that the PS3 version of Alone in the Dark is down for an autumn release.

Developer Eden Studios won't just be porting the Xbox 360 and PC versions. You can expect a specially adapted game, and possibly extra content in episodic form.

Specially adapted? Possible extra content? Umm... yah.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 19, 2008, 02:14:10 AM

What is it with you people and not using links? Tongue

That said - a very good read.

the control section has me concerned:

You could argue that some of this is the Resident Evil theory of restrictive controls generating tension, but it's just as plausible that Alone in the Dark is too busy trying to be different to other games to notice what it's getting wrong. Where an action used to require zero real input, like healing, or used to be inexplicable, like carrying around an inventory of weapons and equipment, here it must be elaborate, practical, considered. All that thought and no one pointed out that you can't move, attack, defend or pick things up competently.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 04:24:53 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 19, 2008, 12:43:44 AM

hmm,not sure about them.,....didnt they give MGS4 an 8?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 04:44:42 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 19, 2008, 04:24:53 PM

you're right-  they tend to inflate their scores.

icon_twisted

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 19, 2008, 04:44:42 PM

icon_twisted

you're going to Hell for that comment,and that comment alone!!!

icon_evil icon_evil icon_evil  icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_evil icon_evilicon_twisted icon_evil  paranoid<<<CK icon_twisted icon_evil icon_evil icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_evil icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 19, 2008, 05:04:15 PM

icon_twisted

icon_evil icon_evil icon_evil  icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_evil icon_evilicon_twisted icon_evil  paranoid<<<CK icon_twisted icon_evil icon_evil icon_twisted icon_twisted icon_evil icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil icon_twisted icon_evil

And the Webby for best depiction of Hell with emoticons goes to...forgot my glasses...Metallo...no, wait, it's Metallicorphan.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 12:44:51 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 19, 2008, 06:06:43 PM

icon_twisted

And the Webby for best depiction of Hell with emoticons goes to...forgot my glasses...Metallo...no, wait, it's Metallicorphan.

I thought it was Metallica......

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 05:42:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 20, 2008, 12:44:51 AM

icon_twisted

Metallo....lol...sounds like a spider-man enemy,and a lot of people have asked me if i like Metallica,i dont mind them,i like most guitar bands,but i was more softer rock,GnR Aerosmith,white stripes...maybe a bit of greenday or foo fighters...but i got the name,by applying for XBOX LIVE on the XBOX1(about 2003-4),it was a random name given to me from the xbox,when my name i wanted (Pale rider)was taken..and i have stuck with it ever since

anyway...B.O.T.,seems there is some shit happening with the reviews of this...some sites are scoring it as low as 3/10,and then Atari are threatening to sue them as they dont know how they got a copy...and some other wierd crap going on,here is the link,as usual if you cant be arsed clicking on the link i have quoted it below

]http://kotaku.com/5018149/legal-mess-over-euro-alone-in-the-dark-reviews-[update]

This week, the following events took place: 1. We got a bunch of tips telling us that the Xbox 360 version of Alone in the Dark had turned up on BitTorrent sites. 2. Scandinavian games site GameReactor (The Norwegian edition specifically) were one of the first to review Alone in the Dark. They gave it 3/10. Ouch. However, they then promptly pulled the review, and accusations of shady dealings were levelled against the site by Atari, who said that press copies had only been sent out the day before (the review has since been reinstated, and the 3/10 stands). Odd, seeing as many other European publications also had reviews go live this week, but whatever. 3. German site 4Players reviews the game. Gives it 68%. Then is threatened with legal action by Atari because, yes, Atari had no idea how the site got a copy of the game.

4Players' EIC Jörg Luibl says that Atari's lawyers have accused them of "breaking the law and violating the rights of their client (Atari)", all because 4Players reviewed the game prior to its release, but without using a copy sent to them by Atari. 4Players maintain that, like many other games not sent to them by publishers, they secured a copy via a "trusted dealer". Which could well just be a firendly local GAME manager cracking open his shipment of the game before the street date, it could be point #1 (the leaked copies of the game), who knows.

It's interesting that Atari are so worried about publications securing their own copy of a game. Do they fear that, because these outlets may have received copies of the game "early" (ie from pirated copies), that they're somehow reviewing incomplete code, which could affect their opinion of the game? Maybe. Pessimists could, however, be forgiven for thinking it's a convenient excuse for Atari to attack negative reviews of the only game they're releasing in 2008 that has any chance of making them some money.

UPDATE - Tor-Steinar Nastad Tangedal, from Norwegian site Gamer.no, has contacted us with a similar story. He writes (though without proof we're unable to confirm this):

Gamer.no was the second publication in the world to publish a review, and we also gave it 3 out of 10. The review was based on a retail copy obtained from a store on Tuesday this week. Atari contacted us just minutes after it was published, claiming that our review is probably based on a preview or pirated copy, and requested it to be removed. We never removed it, of course.

Just been to GAME myself today and saw the game in store,and also saw the special edition there......BUT,i went there to pick up Crisis Core:final fantasy...and thats what i came out with(and the Bradygames guide)

EDIT:oh,.and about AITD...i really can't see it being as shit as 3/10..i think even superman returns game got more than that,and that was mega crap..i know i havent played the game yet,but if its bad sure....but 3/10 bad?...nah
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:44:29 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »

I never played the originals...just could not get past the graphics even then....but the PC version is really good looking this time.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 05:47:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 20, 2008, 05:42:09 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 20, 2008, 12:44:51 AM

icon_twisted

Metallo....lol...sounds like a spider-man enemy,and a lot of people have asked me if i like Metallica,i dont mind them,i like most guitar bands,but i was more softer rock,GnR Aerosmith,white stripes...maybe a bit of greenday or foo fighters...but i got the name,by applying for XBOX LIVE on the XBOX1(about 2003-4),it was a random name given to me from the xbox,when my name i wanted (Pale rider)was taken..and i have stuck with it ever since

I always see it as Metachlorian.  And Metallo is actually a Superman villain.  Kryptonite heart and everything. 

As for all that other crap, yipes.  I can't wait to see some legit reviews.  Maybe this'll be a diamond in the rough, but it's starting to sound just rough.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 03:07:55 PM »

So, I picked this up at the GS 3/2 Used Game Sale.  It was my freebie, but it was marked as only $17.99.

I've played through the first two chapters (including the derided car chase), and I kind of love it.  It's clunky as hell, no question, and I can see that being a problem down the road, but so far the cinematic storytelling style far outweighs the other problems.  Granted, I may not have felt the same way if it wasn't a free game, but if the pace continues, I could see this being a fantastic $20 buy (it's the improved version on PS3, BTW).

I understand there's a real pacing problem with the evil roots in Central Park (just got there), but that gets alleviated if you take them out early, as opposed to having to do them all at once.  Does anyone have advice on this?

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

I got this also during the BB clearance sale Sunday.  For 10 bucks, I figure I can't go TOO wrong.

Question though:  I thought the makers were talking about releasing a fairly comprehensive patch that included content and changes to gameplay that were supposed to bring the game more in line with their original vision?  Has that ever been released?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »

I think only the PS3 version got reworked, the 360 version may have run into size issues from what I recall. That or it depended on the reception of the updated PS3 version...

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2009, 02:03:44 PM »

It was definitely the latter.  They said it all hinged on PS3 sales for the 360.  Then PS3 sales were kind of crap.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 02:14:15 PM »

I got the 360 version at the Best Buy $10 sale as well.  I remember Nick Sutner at 1Up liked the game despite generally bad reviews.  I usually agree with his takes on games so I figured for $10 it was worth a shot.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 28, 2009, 02:03:44 PM

It was definitely the latter.  They said it all hinged on PS3 sales for the 360.  Then PS3 sales were kind of crap.

yep, it was along the lines 'if the PS3 version doesn't sell we're not going to fix the other versions'.  the 360 patch may have had size issues though as I think they re-worked one of the levels, but on the PC version there's no excuse not to patch it.  I'm waiting until I can find the PS3 version for less than 10 bucks used (or for free at the next B2G1 free sale), so they don't get even a cent of my money after leaving the other versions hanging in the wind like that.

Because I can,
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 28, 2009, 02:33:41 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on April 28, 2009, 02:03:44 PM

yep, it was along the lines 'if the PS3 version doesn't sell we're not going to fix the other versions'.  the 360 patch may have had size issues though as I think they re-worked one of the levels, but on the PC version there's no excuse not to patch it.  I'm waiting until I can find the PS3 version for less than 10 bucks used (or for free at the next B2G1 free sale), so they don't get even a cent of my money after leaving the other versions hanging in the wind like that.

The PS3 version has some significant improvements. From 1UP:

"Inferno's many fixes include free camera movement, enhanced counterpart AI, clipping fixes, an improved inventory system that actually pauses the game when you check it, and even a new sequence in the game that debuts a brand new enemy. Other options, checkpoints, and levels will be tweaked, including the infamously frustrating 59th Street car racing sequence.

I thought the PS3 version 59th Street car racing sequence was fantastic, and not the least bit frustrating. They must have made some serious improvements there, because I recall people playing the original 360 version were very unhappy. I believe they added more checkpoints and tightened up the steering in the Inferno release.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 03:44:35 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: