http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 03:10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of Empires (DS)  (Read 1070 times)
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »

So I figured I would make a new topic for this opposed to asking in the other thread.  

I'm having some problems, I'm not sure if its me or the game.  But I am on the Second to last Mission on the first Chapter (Joan of Arc.)  I have completed everything, Defeated all enemies, built all Mills/Mines, even built a Church..and its not ending.

Nothing has any damage, everything is at 100%..Why wont this mission end!!!!  I even let it go up to day 100 to see if it would so anything..and nothing..I even tried demolishing the town and rebuilding more advanced buildings and it said that my town was destroyed by the english and failed the mission.  Then another time it froze up.  

Please help..am I missing some very small thing I have not done?  The only goals that have not be checked are the "defend Orleans" and "destroy enemy Castles." which they are all destroyed..which leaves orleans defended!

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Dreamshadow
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

I believe there is an enemy army out there you need to defeat.  Check on the left hand side of the map and look for the Count or evil english guy or whomever.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 02:32:23 PM »

the map is nothing but blue guys..no enemies anywhere on the map.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »

Yeah but if you don't have any units near them, they won't show because of fog of war. I don't know if that's the problem or not, though, that's the next mission I need to do. Wouldn't hurt to sweep the map with some fast units.

Check your list of objectives....I bet there's one that isn't completed.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:50:11 PM »

so after much searching I ended up on some forum where about 5 people came across the same problem as me on this mission.  I guess its another one of the glitches..The only explanation was quitting and restarting the mission multiple times..which now that I think about it, when I was almost finished with the mission the tutorial guy randomly repeated a few things he said in the beginning of the battle..so it must of been at that point where it messed up.  

I hate glitches like that..makes me put off playing the mission again..and it was a long one.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 05:04:47 PM »

Hmm, perhaps you left some farms uncaptured or something? Also, did you kill Earl Talbot? As I recall, you only hit him to about half strength and he runs away or something. Maybe if you kill him, it triggers something wonky.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 03:30:53 AM »

no i just hit him..im pretty sure it was some sort of glitch cause I tried everything possible.

Did any of you hear about how people have had there games wiped out.  Apparently if you use the "save and quit" feature..in some cases it will lock up while saving and if you shut down the system it will erase the whole game..so if you try to boot it back up it's just a black screen.

How does a game get out with so many glitches..cause there were a few more named as well.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:36:16 PM »

So I just finished the tutorial.  I really do like the game alot..but I feel the thing I find lacking is how its not one big story (now don't get me wrong, I love the history lesson) but since it has 5 different stories, you don't get really hooked into it.  

But over all, It's a great game.  If I knew someone who would play against me it would be better.  But sadly it was not developed with wifi so that will never happen.  the only other person I know with a DS is my 10 year old nephew (who would not sit still to play this at all.)

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 04:42:17 PM »

since i'm just ranting to myself I figured I would continue with my rant.

Once again, I just completed a mission, and I got to the screen where it gives the score totals (for Military, Economy,Technology, and Exploration) and I click Select to continue and it wont go anywhere.  It doesn't freeze cause I can go back to where it says I completed the goals, but if I try to move forward it wont let me.

I should of known a game with the Microsoft title on it would have so many bugs and glitches.  I don't feel inclined to go back and do each mission multiple times just because it wont work correctly.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Natjak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 05:59:42 PM »

I just bought a copy of this the other day. Hope I don't encounter the same problems as you.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 07:00:06 PM »

well just in case you might want to read some of the warnings on the Majesco forums just incase you enocounter any, you don't wipe out the whole cart.

Majesco Games Forum

Atleast my game still works unlike these unlucky people.

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 04:36:55 AM »

this is a game i'd like to give a try to on the DS

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »

weleave are you still playing it at all? i think ive posted something like this in another thread, but it just doesnt have that "something" does it?  the glitches are annoying (and i luckily avoided them) and this was a game i was really looking foward to - as in weeks of waiting for release.  i loved it for about a half a week and then it lost me. everything about it sounds and works great but the "hook" is missing. im left hoping that someone release the original civ for ds instead.
weleavefossils
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 08:45:01 PM »

I'm half way through the second Chapter.  I do enjoy it when I'm playing it, but I don't really think about it until I am (if that makes sense.)

it's actually my first time playing this sort of Strategy game.  But I definitely enjoy the missions where you build your empire and destroy the others.  but I'm sort of bored of the missions that you just clear the field cause it's just attack and attack.  

I've never really found a Strategy game i've ever been happy with.  I think FFT is the closest to something I enjoy.  Fire emblem I did enjoy, but i dislike how every character has a story..I want to be able to loose units and not feel like I have to do everything over.  FFT-A just had the worst story in creation, but I liked developing characters and the gameplay (though some of the missions got boring and repetitive)

and thoughts on some other strategy games to try out?  Does it sound like I would enjoy Advance Wars?

Wii 5882-3358-1683-0643
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: