http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 09:04:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: advice: what to exchange for ghost recon 2 [PS2]  (Read 593 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 07:09:08 AM »

ok, so my dad called me a few days ago and slyly asked me what i wanted for my birthday (in the context that he was getting one).  it barely registered on my brain and when he mentioned ghost recon 2, i said that it sounded cool and that i was probably going to get the pc version if it was any good.  well, he took that as a sign of approval and bought it.  

after reading a few reviews, i found out that it is the malnourished little shut in brother of the decent xbox version, and is quite bad as a result.  too bad, i was hoping it would surprise me in a good way.  

now, i have been offered the reciept so i could exchange it, and will probably ask him about it tomorrow.  

now, i just need to decide on a replacement game.  my short list includes:

MGS 3
ratchet and clank 3

obviously, my posting this is also a way of asking, are the reviews accurate?  is this game a boring mess of a trial and error or is there a gem in the rough?

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 07:45:54 AM »

What systems do you own, besides the obvious PS2 (based on the games you listed)?

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the thread title again  biggrin . In that case, I cant help, I dont own a PS2 and dont keep track of it. Put the money into a used cube  smile .
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 02:56:29 PM »

I know a lot of people who feel that MGS3 was the best game released last year on any platform.

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 03:35:34 PM »

I don't think you can go wrong with either game honestly.  Ratchet and Clank 3 is a great pickup, especially if you've played either of the other two.  Metal Gear Solid 3 was one of the best games of last year in my opinion (I did the review for it), but people that were burned out on 2 will probably not give this game a second look.

To me it is simply the best Metal Gear game yet...and I've played them all.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: