http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 09:50:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AdventureQuest- N00b Help Needed  (Read 1004 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2005, 04:03:09 PM »

Well, I made the mistake of clicking that link and now I'm into it.

however, the FAQ is woeful and you can't login to their message board until your account is 'old enough'.

Questions: My greatest frustration at this point is the lack of potions.

is it completely random that you get more?  how are you supposed to complete quests with only 1 potion?  I haven't been able to complete one quest.  I got one character to level 15 and could not beat the series of enemies.  

So what do I do? battle one off monsters till I'm level 30 or what? FRUSTRATING!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 05:10:36 PM »

I suggest quitting immediately, purging your cache, and never speaking of this atrocity again.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 06:55:57 PM »

I wasn't aware they'd made the forums as such only available to older members....whatever, heh.

Potions: as an adventurer (your an adventurer unless you donate to become a guardian) you can only start with a max of 1 potion for health and 1 for mana.

Twilly, the little critter who greets you in town, will give you a full heal any time you talk to him and ask for a heal.

At the very start of the game, you can things like part 1 of the frogzard quest from twilly and random adventure.  Once you get to about level 10-15 the game opens up a little more with more quests and such avialable and you'll be able to start working on class levels (you just buy the class armor then start working through the class level quests).

If you go into warlick's mage shop, you can restock your potions for free if you use them up when in combat.

You can also find potion chests sometimes in random adventure or when doing quests from the crossroads (i forget if adventurers have access to crossroads or not, can't remember, didn't play long as an adventurer before upgrading).

Some quests will also give you lots of potions at a certain point in the quest.  But remember, if you logout, your potions always reset to 1 and 1 as an adventurer and 2 and 2 as a guardian.

You cannot buy potions...lol...i know...i went for days before finally learning that, constantly thinking i was missing something obvious!  Potions are really just a low level crutch...your not meant to rely on them.

Don't worry about dying, there's no consequences.  AQ is a lunch break sized RPG.

Feel free to ask me any questions you like about it and as always...feel free to ignore Ebonstone...

edit: i think, prior to your 20's, it's hard to do much by way of completing quests, but you can try buying like Mage armor or Fighter armor and get a few levels of that probably...  I know mage was really easy to get at early levels with a second character I started.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
I suggest quitting immediately, purging your cache, and never speaking of this atrocity again.

What's the deal?

Fuzz-

If I don't buy a class armor right away is there a penalty?  Meaning will I lose the chance to gain class levels: for example if I had bought class armor at level ten instead of level fifteen, would I have had 5 more class levels?

Right now I'm level 10 or so and I'm not sure what class I want to be at this point...Should I decide earlier rather than later?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 07:14:08 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

What's the deal?

From my experience with it, I'd call the game a crime against the senses, but if you're having fun, by all means, proceed...

There are much better free web-based RPGs out there, though.  Runescape and Dofus come to mind...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 09:35:39 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

What's the deal?

Fuzz-

If I don't buy a class armor right away is there a penalty?  Meaning will I lose the chance to gain class levels: for example if I had bought class armor at level ten instead of level fifteen, would I have had 5 more class levels?

Right now I'm level 10 or so and I'm not sure what class I want to be at this point...Should I decide earlier rather than later?

As to whats the deal? Some people don't like for any number of reasons, and  some people prefer other flash games that I don't like.  Regardless, AQ is worth a fair shake IMHO, it might be just what you need to fill a few spaces of time.

As to the other part.  No penalty for waiting.  But, you can take ALL the classes, the only thing that differentiates the characters is how the train their stats, not what class they take.  You just equip the armor of the class you want to use at the moment and can even switch classes by switching armor in the middle of a fight.  So...no reason not to just pick one and start working on em=)  You don't lose your class levels if you sell the armor either, you just have to repurchase the armor to use the skills again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: