http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:38:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advent Rising - new preview  (Read 637 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2005, 06:24:55 AM »

IGN has posted an updated preview for the upcoming sci-fi action game Advent Rising, as has Gamespot .  Earlier previews were pretty negative, but it looks like many of the earlier complaints have been dealt with.  The game looks very ambitious, and it now looks like they'll be able to pull off the execution.  There's also a great new trailer at IGN.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 08:07:11 AM »

I hope it does sell.  With Orson working on the story it should be a good one.

As we all know, good visuals and storytelling doesn't always mean a seller (Beyond Good and Evil).  But it seems this one has enough action to draw in that crowd.

I definitely like the "you are the weapon" aspect, where you start with all the weaponry at hand, but your own abilities begin to outclass these playthings.  Tongue
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 02:04:46 PM »

I was also checking out some early stuff for Advent Shadow, a game in the same series that is being made for the PSP, and it looks pretty impressive, too.  Here's to hoping they can pull it off and sell enough copies to finish the trilogy they have planned.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 01:51:48 AM »

i thought this was one of those games that kinda just disappeared off the map and was actually waitin for it to run into trouble.  glad they got it back on track and it didnt just fall into the void - hadnt heard anythin about it in a bit...

hype is bad but when ya just kinda disappear it can be worse - keep me interested!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: