http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 04:17:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advent Rising Impressions [Xbox]  (Read 4748 times)
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2005, 10:30:59 PM »

It had a great soundtrack, and the story was pretty reasonable, but all of it was ruined by characters that I pretty much hated because of the terrible job done by the voice actors. Everytime they opened their mouths it made me want to break the game disc.

The graphics were mediocre, but that's not all that important.

And I don't know how you got through the game without bugs. At one point I was running on a big platform, only to have my character sort of slide at hyperspeed directly to his right and fly off the bridge to his death. Yeah.. that's awesome coding.

That's one of many that I encountered during my play through the game.

Others involved my character getting stuck in walls, the floor... it was just plain sloppy.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2005, 11:08:51 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
How many hours of gameplay?

I'd say around 10.  Definitely on the short side, and I didn't see anything that listed the time played.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2005, 11:26:31 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
Quote from: "ATB"
How many hours of gameplay?

I'd say around 10.  Definitely on the short side, and I didn't see anything that listed the time played.

Well 10 hrs is a lot of gaming time for me.  So that's  a great length for me... As to whether I'll ever get it...well that just remains to be seen.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2005, 01:27:23 PM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
It had a great soundtrack, and the story was pretty reasonable, but all of it was ruined by characters that I pretty much hated because of the terrible job done by the voice actors. Everytime they opened their mouths it made me want to break the game disc.

Wow.  I guess to each his/her own.  The voice overs sounded like normal human voices to me.  No whining or grating tones etc.

The graphics were mediocre, but that's not all that important.

I liked them in the offbeat sci fi way.  Have you ever seen those artist books depicting artist renditions of alien landscapes?  That is how I relate the graphics to Advent Rising.

And I don't know how you got through the game without bugs. At one point I was running on a big platform, only to have my character sort of slide at hyperspeed directly to his right and fly off the bridge to his death. Yeah.. that's awesome coding.

That's one of many that I encountered during my play through the game.

Others involved my character getting stuck in walls, the floor... it was just plain sloppy.

That is a shame.  I don't know how I avoided them.  I have problems with other games like MLB 2006, where I have to keep restarting the Xbox some 6-10 times before the game starts.  I did hear about that sliding bug on the platform but it never happened to me.  Alot of people did have technical issues with the game.  I guess I was fortunate.  I'm just pissed that they won't be making the last two games of the trilogy because the ending was incredible and you can see that it was leading to more epic things to come.  What a shame. :cry:

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: