http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 10:01:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PC/Ps3] Deadpool  (Read 1440 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:36:24 AM »

this could be really freakin cool!

It appears the studio that created Transformers games War for Cybertron, Dark of the Moon, and the upcoming Fall of Cybertron are building a title based on a Marvel property. The recently published Comic-Con 2012 programming schedule indicates Activision and High Moon Studios will make an announcement during a panel titled "Marvel Video Games."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:26:07 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 08:34:36 PM »

Hit Monkey?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:46:28 PM »

Is anybody familiar with the Hit Monkey comics?  I looked it up and it seems like he's only been in a short series and in some Deadpool comics...seems like an odd choice to headline a new game.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 07, 2012, 08:46:28 PM

Is anybody familiar with the Hit Monkey comics?  I looked it up and it seems like he's only been in a short series and in some Deadpool comics...seems like an odd choice to headline a new game.

yeah, I'm kinda going WTF? myself.  out of all the Marvel properties Activision has access to the pick this one?

Because I can,
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »

Means it would probably be less generic... so that's a plus for me
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 07:52:56 PM »

It looks like the "Hit Monkey" thing was a joke.  That website is down and the website for the real game - Deadpool is up.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:06:42 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »

well, they could still be joking, but I'll change the title for now  icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »

I thought they would of waited for the movie,but as this will not be based off the movie(unless its not out for ages),then i am quite interested in an original Deadpool game...i need more of an introduction to him rather than just what i saw in Wolverine

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »

they have a video up on the site now.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 14, 2012, 11:39:44 PM

they have a video up on the site now.

I never read the Deadpool comics, but based on that trailer it seems like something I would have really enjoyed when I was 12.  Too bad I'm not 12 anymore.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:15:42 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 12:42:31 AM »

Deadpool is the greatest character in Marvel! Oversaturated in terms of books the last couple years, but read through Cable and Deadpool for a great series.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 05:34:20 PM »

looks like a summer release.  a comic book site spotted the latest ad in, well, a comic book:

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13:07 PM »

"Let me introduce you to your next video game:MINE!"

not if its a summer release Tongue

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 06:37:06 PM »

this game is giving me the "Wait for Review before I buy feel" , so that's what I'm doing

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 11:47:46 PM »

And as soon as the game has finished development...Activision pounces

CVG

Approximately 40 employees of High Moon Studios - the team responsible for Deadpool and several Transformers titles - have been laid off.

The Activision owned studio has recently completed work on superhero action game Deadpool, and will now be significantly scaled back.

"Activision Publishing consistently works to align its costs with its revenues - this is an ongoing process. With the completion of development on Deadpool, we are taking a reduction in staff at High Moon Studios to better align our development talent against our slate.

The game is still a few months off from release yet

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 06:09:53 PM »

June 25th release,pre-order for Challenge Maps

Activision and High Moon Studios' Deadpool will be launching this June, with some bonuses available to anyone pre-ordering the game at GameStop in North America.

Said pre-order bonuses are two additional maps for the game's Challenge Mode, as well as two exclusive suits (a D-Pooly outfit for Deadpool and X-Force duds for Cable) and "the most epic digital wallpaper ever", as shown through a piece of promo artwork posted on Marvel's Facebook page. In the same post, the game's exact release date is also revealed.

Pre-ordering from Amazon.com gives you $5 credit towards Marvel graphic novels, an exclusive digital cover sleeve and digital wallpaper.

"Pre-order the new Deadpool video game and get special exclusives when the game hits consoles June 25!" the Facebook post reads. So there you have it! Deadpool will be shattering the fourth wall on June 25th in North America, which presumably means he'll be dropping into Europe on June 28th.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »

And my review of the game is live:  http://gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/our-common-sense-is-tingling-we-review-deadpool/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
shon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 02:18:45 AM »

Played through the opening and the first chapter and it's mindless fun.  The game is full of jokes that are pretty funny, exploring his room had some great gags.  The game play is pretty standard action fare.  The melee combat isn't as fluid as I'd hoped you can hit different enemies quickly but some combos you have to watch the animation which goes on a touch too long.  The shooting is decent but the lock-on needs a little help, sometimes it decides it wants to stop.  Other than those issues the game is fun for what it is.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 12:36:36 AM »

WTF is... Deadpool?

Because I can,
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 01:37:10 AM »

Any meaningful differences between the 360 and PS3 versions?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 06:42:42 AM »

Quote from: shon on June 26, 2013, 02:18:45 AM

Played through the opening and the first chapter and it's mindless fun.  The game is full of jokes that are pretty funny, exploring his room had some great gags.  The game play is pretty standard action fare.  The melee combat isn't as fluid as I'd hoped you can hit different enemies quickly but some combos you have to watch the animation which goes on a touch too long.  The shooting is decent but the lock-on needs a little help, sometimes it decides it wants to stop.  Other than those issues the game is fun for what it is.

Its crass fart and ass humor to me - I bought the game as well, and played for about an hour before turning it off. It didn't really do anything well combat wise, and the story and jokes were juvenile stuff that I'm way to old to enjoy, I'm afraid. I'm guessing that I'm not the target group for this game after all, but I thought I'd give a counterpoint of view before people rush out and purchase it.

Voice-acting is top-notch though

A new one
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 27, 2013, 06:42:42 AM

Quote from: shon on June 26, 2013, 02:18:45 AM

Played through the opening and the first chapter and it's mindless fun.  The game is full of jokes that are pretty funny, exploring his room had some great gags.  The game play is pretty standard action fare.  The melee combat isn't as fluid as I'd hoped you can hit different enemies quickly but some combos you have to watch the animation which goes on a touch too long.  The shooting is decent but the lock-on needs a little help, sometimes it decides it wants to stop.  Other than those issues the game is fun for what it is.

Its crass fart and ass humor to me - I bought the game as well, and played for about an hour before turning it off. It didn't really do anything well combat wise, and the story and jokes were juvenile stuff that I'm way to old to enjoy, I'm afraid. I'm guessing that I'm not the target group for this game after all, but I thought I'd give a counterpoint of view before people rush out and purchase it.

Voice-acting is top-notch though

I enjoyed Deadpool calling Nolan to ask if he would do the voiceover work for his videogame.  Nolan had some interesting ideas.

And before you ask, yes, it is Nolan North doing Deadpool.  So he was calling himself.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 04:33:26 AM »

been playing this on the PC after getting it on sale.  Pretty fun so far, but damn if the mouse/keyboard isn't a pain in the ass.  his melee attacks and ranged attacks have 2 buttons/keys each, then you have separate key for grenades, and then 3 separate keys for selecting each of those items, and then the key for teleporting.  The game doesn't let you remap extra mouse buttons either.  I think I might switch the melee and gun attacks, putting the melee on the mouse and the gun attacks on Q/E.

I know some other people here were thinking about getting this, or already had during the sale, so maybe that configuration listed about will help.

or you could just use a controller biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2013, 11:07:46 AM »

and I think I am finished with this game.  The final level has an annoyingly long, drawn out fight that devolves into attacking, then running away to heal, then attacking, then going back to heal, etc etc.  I made one mistake that got me killed and I got sent all the way back to the beginning of the marathon end fight since they didn't put in a checkpoint between killing the 3 bullet sponges and the seemingly endless stream of enemies that spawn afterward.  I don't feel like spending another 20 minutes replaying the section, so I Youtubed the ending and into my finished games list it goes.  After watching the ending fights it doesn't look like I missed much anyways other than some really annoying boss fights (it'd be interesting to see how someone who got motion sickness would react to one of those fights).

anyways, definitely fun to start out with, but towards the end it felt like it was getting repetitive.  I ended up just running through some of the final areas to get to the next checkpoint.  Definitely got my $10 out of it though.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »

So this was pulled from nearly all online retailers yesterday. Word is that the license was up and it was more economical to stop selling than renew. Haven't seen any confirmation of this theory, though.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 03:01:02 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 02, 2014, 02:44:17 PM

So this was pulled from nearly all online retailers yesterday. Word is that the license was up and it was more economical to stop selling than renew. Haven't seen any confirmation of this theory, though.

There's more to the story than that, apparently. The X-Men and Spiderman licenses also seem to have gone the way of the Dodo, but they supposedly weren't up for renewal until 2017 or so. It could be Disney consolidating its licenses (Marvel bent over backwards for companies like Activision when these licenses were first sold, and that's not a good position to be in now that Marvel is a big brand again), or it could just be Activision deciding to sell them back to Disney instead of bothering with anything that isn't WoW or CoD.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »

I know this is a conversation for another thread but this is just one of the many reasons I hate/fear the move to all digital.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 03:20:33 PM »

Quote from: Andrew Wonser on January 02, 2014, 03:10:26 PM

I know this is a conversation for another thread but this is just one of the many reasons I hate/fear the move to all digital.

Actually, I think I am going to go digital with my XB1 as I very rarely buy physical media on my PC anymore.  The convenience of Steam, GoG and Amazon just work for me. They only thing that is really holding me back is prices..   If Microsoft would drop prices like these other services it would be a no brainer for me.  Recently, I wanted to pick up FIFA 14 digitally, but MS was still selling at full price where Amazon  had dropped the price for the physical disk by 15.00 bucks during a holiday sale, so picked up from Amazon. 

Thing is switching to the digital copy on the XB1 works so flawlessly  you can see where MS was going with the buy the disk to install and never need again practice.  If they had that option now I would use it as I rarely sell my games off

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »

This has nothing to do with what's going on right now. The digital copies will continue to exist for all foreseeable future. The only difference is that they can't sell the games any more. If you own them digitally, they're still yours and you can download and reinstall them as often as you like. Retail is no different. Expect these Marvel games to have a mass recall from stores in the coming days. You can still play your retail discs, but you can't buy new ones.

You're hating/fearing the wrong thing.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 04:55:32 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 02, 2014, 03:23:54 PM

This has nothing to do with what's going on right now. The digital copies will continue to exist for all foreseeable future. The only difference is that they can't sell the games any more. If you own them digitally, they're still yours and you can download and reinstall them as often as you like. Retail is no different. Expect these Marvel games to have a mass recall from stores in the coming days. You can still play your retail discs, but you can't buy new ones.

The only difference is it is possible to pick them up second hand even if you have to pay a premium, can't do that with digital sales. Still I won't lose any sleep over not buying specific games, I mean there are thousands more to choose from.

Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 02, 2014, 03:23:54 PM

Reemul basically stated what I meant. Once something has been pulled, if it was only digital, you don't get a chance to purchase it. We also saw something similar with Disney. They had movies pulled and with it went the availability to view by those that also purchased it. Granted the latter was apparently a mistake and I'm assuming they did work with Apple to fix it. But the point still stands that if you want to play it safe have a physical copy or at the very least a backup. But even with those precautions you might be stuck if you have to authenticate to servers that no longer exist. Then your only path is the shady side of the law.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 05:27:14 PM »

Apparently all the Fallout games were pulled from GOG.com this week as well.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 02, 2014, 05:27:14 PM

which is why they put them out there for free last month. 

is it bad that as soon as I saw deadpool had been pulled, I went out looking for it even more?  they could have had a few more sales if they had let us know in advance.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »

Don't worry about those. They were only pulled because the license finally transferred from Interplay to Bethesda in full. They should be back up in some form pretty soon, though Bethesda might save it for some kind of Fallout 4 promotion.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on January 02, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

Actually, I think I am going to go digital with my XB1 as I very rarely buy physical media on my PC anymore.  The convenience of Steam, GoG and Amazon just work for me. They only thing that is really holding me back is prices..   If Microsoft would drop prices like these other services it would be a no brainer for me.  Recently, I wanted to pick up FIFA 14 digitally, but MS was still selling at full price where Amazon  had dropped the price for the physical disk by 15.00 bucks during a holiday sale, so picked up from Amazon.  

Thing is switching to the digital copy on the XB1 works so flawlessly  you can see where MS was going with the buy the disk to install and never need again practice.  If they had that option now I would use it as I rarely sell my games off

I've gone completely digital with the Vita, and I love it. Of course, PSN regularly runs sales, reductions, or freebies. I wish the XB1 came with, at a minimum, a 1TB hard drive. The current model simply can't hold a decent library. 2TB would be ideal, as that way I could have all of the games I want to "collect" stored locally.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 01:33:52 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 02, 2014, 07:25:47 PM

Don't worry about those. They were only pulled because the license finally transferred from Interplay to Bethesda in full. They should be back up in some form pretty soon, though Bethesda might save it for some kind of Fallout 4 promotion.

Bethesda has yet to put any of their games on GOG - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to reappear there.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »

Quote from: Laner on January 03, 2014, 01:33:52 PM

Bethesda has yet to put any of their games on GOG - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to reappear there.

Not saying they will appear on GOG again, but they should be available to buy eventually, probably through Steam.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on January 03, 2014, 01:49:20 PM

Not saying they will appear on GOG again, but they should be available to buy eventually, probably through Steam.

They will be showing up on Steam according to a blog post from Bethesda.  no mention of GoG

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 06:10:18 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on January 03, 2014, 06:07:00 PM

Quote from: TiLT on January 03, 2014, 01:49:20 PM

They will be showing up on Steam according to a blog post from Bethesda.  no mention of GoG

Good. I think that's perfectly fine, actually. The license has been transferred from one company to another, and the new owner should be able to do with it as they please. This is particularly true considering Interplay's atrocious treatment (more like abuse) of the license while it was shared between the two companies. Those who wanted a GOG version have had a long, long time to do so, even to the point of getting it for free during the last month. With the games soon available on Steam, the most popular PC platform for games distribution, nobody should really have any cause to complain.

Except Interplay, but fuck those guys! Tongue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »

More importantly, who doesn't own Fallout by now that wants it smile

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: