http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:27:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Huge Public Thanks To Purge  (Read 1933 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2005, 01:48:22 AM »

This will probably be moved to a different board almost immediately, but I really need to talk about what a great trading experience I had with Purge, and I think it should be as public as possible.

Most people who've been able to acquire multiple X-Box 360 units have been taking advantage of the huge holiday shortfall to make tidy profits selling them on E*Bay.  Whether you think that's pure greed or simple capitalism, I think everyone would agree that a person who would willingly forego a profitable opportunity in order to help out someone else -- especially a complete stranger -- is a remarkable human being.

After camping out overnight twice, once on 11/22 during the official 360 launch and once on 12/18 for the Best Buy relaunch, I came out empty handed both times.  Fortunately, Purge not only started an X-Box 360 Request Thread on this forum, he was also hunting around on his own time to find systems to help people like me out.

One week ago, Purge sent me a private message that he'd purchased another 360 if I still needed one.  Twenty-four hours later I PayPal-ed him the money for the cost of the system plus shipping, and the system arrived right on time and in perfect condition.  Also, going above and beyond the call, Purge even took the time to gift wrap the system and pen a nice Christmas message inside the shipping box.

I really can't overemphasize what an incredibly positive experience this entire trade was, and considering the circumstances, I wanted to make sure it was said publically.  I've thanked Purge via private message, but I'll do so again here: you've really made this a good holiday!  Thanks again! smile

-Autistic Angel
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 01:54:58 AM »

You know what?   I want to add my gratefulness to this thread to Purge.   I saw a couple folks on here who boasted that they'd bought and sold for profit multiple 360's while some of us desperately camped to try to get one just to play.

Purge is a wonderful human being --   AA -- he contacted me last week as well asking if I still needed a 360, and I had already found one but thanked him and he went down the request list (and found you apparently).  

Purge -- you just earned a ton of respect from me and probably most everyone that reads this thread.   Thank you!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 02:05:48 AM »

That's incredibly cool.

And I'm not moving the thread.  This seems like a good place.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 02:38:19 AM »

Having met the man in person, I can vouch that he's as good a person in the flesh as he is via the web. Purge = good people in my book. Merry Christmas. thumbsup

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 02:38:37 AM »

Thanks for sharing your experience AA, it made my night.  I know there are plenty of good guys out there like Purge, they just don't toot their own horns.  Instead, we get to hear the "success" stories from people making mad $$ on eBay.  Cheers to Purge for placing personal honor and selflessness above profit...and for gift wrapping it, sheesh!!
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 02:46:27 AM »

Me, I just wish I could afford one. smile
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 02:51:16 AM »

Way to go, Purge!

Congrats on the awesome Christmas gift AA!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 03:04:32 AM »

Purge, you da man!

TheMissingLink on PSN
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 03:07:54 AM »

thumbsup  thumbsup

LiveTAG: happydog
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 03:20:55 AM »

Very Nice!!!

Goes to show the quality of the people in here!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 04:12:21 AM »

Coolness!

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 04:23:11 AM »

very cool...nice to seem some good will is still floating around the internet.  i pulled my name from the request thread after getting a 360 at BestBuy, but it's nice to know someone was out there working to help out those on the list Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 04:31:24 AM »

thumbsup

That was very nice of you Purge.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 04:55:46 AM »

I think I can overlook where this is posted for a few days. slywink

Good on ya Purge, good on ya.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 05:06:10 AM »

Wow. Just wow. Way to go Purge. Really man, what a wonderful gesture.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 03:00:08 PM »

Purge, that's just awesome and very kindhearted of you, especially going the extra mile with the gift-wrapping.  smile  You rock, man!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 03:16:09 PM »

Thanks from all of us Purge.  I appreciated the list that was stickied, too.  It was nice to have another ray of hope out there for those of us that were on the hunt.

Happy New Year
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »

Cripes... this thread should be abolished. I feel like a charletan.

I originally bought it for a local friend of mine; but since he's got a 6week old he figured he couldn't really use it until end of january anyways (which I think is a hopeful statement; having a son I know it took longer than that for me). He told me to make my christmas merry and to make money on it by ebaying it. I talked to MSDuncan, as he was my "First" request for one and he absolved me of any bad feelings about ebaying it.
So I did ebay the damned thing, and some UK buyer was buying it to replentish stock, so I closed out.  The UK woman wanted to buy it, and complained about shipping and was acting funny (wanted shipping to new york, and then florida, and then some UK address) and it didn't sell for all that much more either and I said "screw it, I know people who want it more. "

MSDuncan had already gotten one, and when I originally started this thread I talked with AA, so he was next on the list.

I christmas-wrapped it in hopes that it would get there before christmas. It technically DID get there, but it arrived on the 24th and no one was at the place of work to sign for it (I should have sent it to AA's house; he would have had it under the tree).

I appreciate everyone's kind words, and I love all of you for it. smile I'm no saint though; I'm just glad I could bring a real smile to the face of a digital friend. smile

and yeah, I'm blushing at all the kind words.   :oops:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 04:08:08 PM »

And that answer just goes to show how much Purge deserved the blush-causing comments!  Who else would  have told that story instead of simply posting an "aw shucks, thanks"...?   Cool

I just have one question - who is this Purge guy anyway?   :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 05:58:19 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
I originally bought it for a local friend of mine; but since he's got a 6week old he figured he couldn't really use it until end of january anyways (which I think is a hopeful statement; having a son I know it took longer than that for me).

Heh, I've had my 360 since my daughter was six weeks old and have still had plenty of time to log on it.  But I"m fortunate to have a flexible work schedule, a wife who loves to taker her out shopping, and even more fortunate that she has been sleeping through the night since Week 3 smile Afternoons and 10 PM-1AM is pretty much pure gaming when I feel like it.  

BTW- nice move, Purge.  Nice to know someone else doesn't have to sweat finding a 360 anymore.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 06:10:40 PM »

Awesome.

gellar
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 06:27:24 PM »

It's thread like these that make me smile. It's kind of creepy once I think about it, but it's still brings a warm fuzzy feeling.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: