http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 10:04:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple Madden 06 questions  (Read 524 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2006, 08:35:20 PM »

So I'm a little late to the Madden party this year.  Picked up a used copy of Madden 06 yesterday to get my yearly football game fix.  Unfortunately, it came without a manual, so I have a couple questions:

1.  How do you call a Fair Catch?  I can't find it anywhere on the controller settings.  My punt returner keeps fumbling the ball since he's getting hit the moment he catches it.  I've resorted to moving everyone away from the ball, but then I run the risk of losing 10-15 yards on the bounce.

2.  Why do my players get randomly subbed out in Francise mode games?  Playing with the Steelers, I noticed about halfway through the 2nd quarter that Roethlesburger & Bettis were both out.  There was nothing on the injury report, and I was able to sub them both right back in.  Playing against the Eagles (same game), neither McNabb or Westbrook played after halftime.  Again, no injury to either of them.  Granted, McNabb was 0-10 at halftime, but I was only up 10 points so I can't think of why they would sub him.

3.  Is there a way to turn off the god-awful music during the game without completely turning off the crowd noise?  I figured out how to switch it out of the menus, but not the actual in-game music.  Hearing that shite after every play is grating on my nerves, but completely shutting off the crowd noise kills the experience.

4.  Is Al Michaels saying the wrong team name a random bug, or a common occurrence?  I was on offense with the Steelers, and Michaels kept saying 'Pittsburgh comes out in a 4 man front.'.  Ummm, no.  The defense may be in a 4-man front, but I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh is in the I formation.  I wish there was a way to keep Al and turn off John.  Madden's commentary just keeps getting worse and worse.

The_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 10:16:50 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
So I'm a little late to the Madden party this year.  Picked up a used copy of Madden 06 yesterday to get my yearly football game fix.  Unfortunately, it came without a manual, so I have a couple questions:

1.  How do you call a Fair Catch?  I can't find it anywhere on the controller settings.  My punt returner keeps fumbling the ball since he's getting hit the moment he catches it.  I've resorted to moving everyone away from the ball, but then I run the risk of losing 10-15 yards on the bounce.

2.  Why do my players get randomly subbed out in Francise mode games?  Playing with the Steelers, I noticed about halfway through the 2nd quarter that Roethlesburger & Bettis were both out.  There was nothing on the injury report, and I was able to sub them both right back in.  Playing against the Eagles (same game), neither McNabb or Westbrook played after halftime.  Again, no injury to either of them.  Granted, McNabb was 0-10 at halftime, but I was only up 10 points so I can't think of why they would sub him.

3.  Is there a way to turn off the god-awful music during the game without completely turning off the crowd noise?  I figured out how to switch it out of the menus, but not the actual in-game music.  Hearing that shite after every play is grating on my nerves, but completely shutting off the crowd noise kills the experience.

4.  Is Al Michaels saying the wrong team name a random bug, or a common occurrence?  I was on offense with the Steelers, and Michaels kept saying 'Pittsburgh comes out in a 4 man front.'.  Ummm, no.  The defense may be in a 4-man front, but I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh is in the I formation.  I wish there was a way to keep Al and turn off John.  Madden's commentary just keeps getting worse and worse.

1. Once the ball is in the air, tap B on the Xbox controller or O on the PS2 controller to highlight your guy...then hit Y on the Xbox or Triangle on the PS2.  You have to actually be in control of the punt returner to do this and the game does not do that for you by default.

2. Sounds like simple fatigue.  Like in real life, if a guy carries the ball 3 or 4 straight plays, he will likely come out for a few plays to get his wind back.  You can raise or lower the frequency of this occurrance in he options.  Don't know why your qb is subbed out though unless you are playing the exhibition games.  In franchise mode during the preseason, your starters will only play the first half.  The backups are automatically subbed in the 2nd half.  Again, like real football, this is to give you a chance to see what the backups can do.

3.  Don't think you can turn off the music during the games, but you can select which songs to play while in the menus by going into the Jukebox or EA Trax or whatever they call it.

4.  They do sometimes say the wrong things, but it's nowhere near as often as you say it is.  Might happen two or three times a game and it's really no big deal to me.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 05:14:20 AM »

Thanks.  I forgot it was a pre-season game, so that explains the subs.  The fair catch also worked as soon as I took control of the return man.

The stadium music is still horribly annoying, but I guess it's a necessary evil.  Why they didn't give it an 'Off' option is beyond me.  Michaels also didn't make any play call goofs in the last 2 games I played, so it must have been an isolated thing.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: