http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 06:23:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7/6 Bioshock video  (Read 1812 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2007, 04:01:55 PM »

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/801/801918p1.html

Ahhh the old System Shock 2 vibe is strong in this one.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 05:51:03 PM »

Looks amazing.  I just wish I was even remotely competent at console FPS so I could play it.  frown

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 06, 2007, 05:51:03 PM

Looks amazing.  I just wish I was even remotely competent at console FPS so I could play it.  frown

Play on PC then silly?!! I think I am leaning towards that, but i really don't know. I may buy both frown
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 06:18:40 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on July 06, 2007, 05:59:51 PM

Play on PC then silly?!! I think I am leaning towards that, but i really don't know. I may buy both frown

I'm probably OUT on the PC- I saw something about it "recommending" a 3.0 Ghz dual core machine.  If that's the case then it screams system hog.  I think Irrational has pretty much admitted that the 360 is the lead platform so I'll probably stick with that. 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 07:35:10 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 06, 2007, 06:18:40 PM

I'm probably OUT on the PC- I saw something about it "recommending" a 3.0 Ghz dual core machine.  If that's the case then it screams system hog.  I think Irrational has pretty much admitted that the 360 is the lead platform so I'll probably stick with that. 

I am tempted to do so as well, but my computer is very beefy and can likely handle it...and that leads to controls and graphics. The graphics will definately be better at 1680 with everything turned, and everything else being equal the controls should be better too-except they are talking about doing something to modify them or some such because the 360 was the lead platform, and bla bla bla, and I was let a little unsure if we were going to get Invisible War style consolities for the PC controls. Hopefully reviews will come out prior to release that speak to controls so I can decide (and yes, achievements have about 5% influence on me, but not much biggrin ). If all else fails, I will buy it on 360, then trade it in and get it on PC when it drops in price and play it both ways. I have a feeling its a multiple replay game!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »

There's no way in hell my budget-system-a-year-ago could handle it, and I refuse to spend a ton of cash upgrading for basically one game.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »

Specs are out....

Operating Systems:

# Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:

# CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor

# System RAM: 1GB

# Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).

# Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card

# Hard disc space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:

# CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor

# System RAM: 2GB

# Video card: DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better). DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better

# Sound Card: Sound Blaster¿ X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

# Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:10:15 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 09, 2007, 08:12:45 PM

Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation.

Uh...WHAT? The game is single-player only, and it requires a 'net connection to fire it up? What, is this game being released on Steam only or something?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 09:16:29 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 09, 2007, 09:10:15 PM

Uh...WHAT? The game is single-player only, and it requires a 'net connection to fire it up? What, is this game being released on Steam only or something?

No, but it will eventuall and for now the devs are just being smart enough to get each game validated after install to help curb piracy-good for them.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 11:04:48 PM by Calvin » Logged
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 09:54:14 PM »

to help curb privacy

Aint that the truth smile

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 11:05:24 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on July 09, 2007, 09:54:14 PM

to help curb privacy

Aint that the truth smile
Ack. Brainfart. Fixed now.

Here is my question-has there been any info anywhere about the PC version having achievemnts? I can't find it if there has been.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 01:53:29 AM »

I doubt it - haven't even heard the suggestion that the PC version will have achievements or be Live enabled.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 03:43:03 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on July 09, 2007, 09:16:29 PM

No, but it will eventuall and for now the devs are just being smart enough to get each game validated after install to help curb piracy-good for them.

That's obviously what its for now that you put it that way. Problem is is that there's now a chance that their servers will bug out from the high number of registrations the first day, and a very off-kilter chance that when you want to reinstall the game many years down the line, the company will have gone under.

And once again, the pirates have the easy way out with a crack that'll come out the very first day if not earlier.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 04:16:18 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 10, 2007, 03:43:03 AM

That's obviously what its for now that you put it that way. Problem is is that there's now a chance that their servers will bug out from the high number of registrations the first day, and a very off-kilter chance that when you want to reinstall the game many years down the line, the company will have gone under.

And once again, the pirates have the easy way out with a crack that'll come out the very first day if not earlier.

yeah, if their servers crash and I can't play on day 1 a crack searching I will go.

that sounds so dirty....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 10, 2007, 04:16:18 AM

that sounds so dirty....

Not as dirty as that icon on yours. biggrin

Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »

I am not watching anymore Bioshock videos until the game is released.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »

Quote from: Beer Goggles on July 10, 2007, 01:06:48 PM

Yeah, I stopped several weeks ago. Too much awesome stuff in Rapture getting spoiled. I pretty much know already (like SS2) that I will replay this one, so I think there will be a lot of stuff to do.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 03:54:45 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on July 10, 2007, 03:43:03 AM

Quote from: Calvin on July 09, 2007, 09:16:29 PM

Yeah, yeah.  We had the same discussion 3 years ago for the release of Half Life 2.  Everything went smoothly, as I recall and Valve is still in business.  I suspect this is the wave of the future and I don't really have a problem with it.  It's a ton better than "solutions" like Starforce and if I don't have to keep the disk in the drive (like HL2) so much the better.

Ditto.  This is a day one purchase for me.  No need to sell me on it, or spoil anything else.

I am leaning towards the 360 version.  I like my HDTV better than my monitor, I like my couch better than my chair, I like my TV sound system better than my PC sound system, and I like achievements better than, um, not having achievements.  All worth the extra $10.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 03:56:55 PM by IkeVandergraaf » Logged

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

Holy God...

Of course, I'd harvest the little girl because that's what people do in gothic horror. icon_twisted

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 04:05:14 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on July 10, 2007, 03:54:45 PM

I am leaning towards the 360 version.  I like my HDTV better than my monitor, I like my couch better than my chair, I like my TV sound system better than my PC sound system, and I like achievements better than, um, not having achievements.  All worth the extra $10.

but the PC version will have DirectX 10.  Granted not everyone will be able to take advantage of it but I will, plus achievements mean nothing.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 10, 2007, 04:05:14 PM

but the PC version will have DirectX 10.  Granted not everyone will be able to take advantage of it but I will, plus achievements mean nothing.

Direct X 10 mode likely just means it will trigger a command to cut the framerate in half. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 04:27:22 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 10, 2007, 04:20:38 PM

Direct X 10 mode likely just means it will trigger a command to cut the framerate in half. 

icon_lol

actually the DX10 version of the Lost Planet demo ran quite nicely except for when it kept on insisting I didn't have the hardware to run it that smoothly.

Because I can,
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on July 10, 2007, 04:20:38 PM

Seriously, what a complete hackjob so far...I still will likely pick this up on PC first (note I say first biggrin), but man, great DX10 effects could have helped.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 06:56:31 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on July 10, 2007, 01:12:01 PM

Yeah, I stopped several weeks ago. Too much awesome stuff in Rapture getting spoiled. I pretty much know already (like SS2) that I will replay this one, so I think there will be a lot of stuff to do.
There definitely will. judging by the Dev walkthroughs we've been seeing, it looks like there will be about 5 ways to complete each situation. I think that's awesome, and definitely worth some serious replay value.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »

Bioshock really surprised me, i'm def getting this when it's released.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: