http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 01:05:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 40GB Ps3 399.99 Are you in?  (Read 4362 times)
HankRaptor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 03, 2007, 12:53:51 PM »

At 399.99 Im inclined to think that more people may buy this unit. But frankly they are missing the boat. Not enough games. I am glad I got my 60gb unit with the emotion engine, just so I can play all BC games... But rumor has it that the 40gb will have no bc! A system with no games!! and no BC!!??/

I have the system 8 months or so and STILL only own two damn games for it. Resistance and Motostorm.. And frankly (for me) there are only two xmas games I am eyeing this season... RandC and Drake...

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »

I saw the backwards compat nixing rumor too.  I...I don't get it.  How do you save costs by cutting software emulation?

I'm not buying a system without the backwards compatibility.  I just want my entertainment system to play all my games, not become a console history museum display.

If it's $400 with B.C., I'm in eventually.  Hopefully it'll drop to $300 by the time I'm ready to buy one.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »

Quote from: HankRaptor on October 03, 2007, 12:53:51 PM

But frankly they are missing the boat. Not enough games.

Yep.

40GB Ps3 399.99 Are you in?

Nope.

There's just no reason to have the system, imo.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »

In looking at the top ranked PS3 games, there's not a single one that interests me in the slightest.  Since Blu-Ray means little to me, there's simply no reason to buy a PS3 until they start releasing some good games.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:14:03 PM »

I have not played any Ps2 games on my 60 gig PS3.  So to me dropping BC in order to lower the price would make me more likely to purchase a PS3.

The only game I own for my PS3 is Warhawk, which I haven't touched in a few weeks. 

I will probably buy Ratchett and Clank and Resistance when it drops below $40.  Other than that I don't envision the PS3 getting much use through the end of the year. I don't regret the purchase, but I wish Transformers was coming out on Blu Ray instead of HD-DVd only since that is the only move I'm interested in buying for the near future.  mad

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:17:04 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 03, 2007, 01:07:27 PM

I saw the backwards compat nixing rumor too.  I...I don't get it.  How do you save costs by cutting software emulation?

I'm not buying a system without the backwards compatibility.  I just want my entertainment system to play all my games, not become a console history museum display.

If it's $400 with B.C., I'm in eventually.  Hopefully it'll drop to $300 by the time I'm ready to buy one.

Current PS3s have the emotion engine built into a chip inside the PS3. Essentially there's a PS2 inside a PS3. Upcoming versions will be relying on software emulation, which the PS3 is no doubt powerful enough to do.

At least this is what I think is happening.
fyedaddy

Ass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 01:49:37 PM »

No. There still isn't a single game on it at the moment that I'm even remotely interested in.

I'm closer to buying a Wii and even then I passed that up that opportunity last Sunday when I saw them in stock for the first time since launch.

XBox Live ID: fyedaddy

"I give up - Go with the DS. It's far better."
"Nintendo is King, and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."
 --Devil
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »

Quote from: ChaoZ on October 03, 2007, 01:47:54 PM

Current PS3s have the emotion engine built into a chip inside the PS3. Essentially there's a PS2 inside a PS3. Upcoming versions will be relying on software emulation, which the PS3 is no doubt powerful enough to do.

I believe that's already happened with the 80GB version as well as the 60GB PAL version.  What wonderpug was saying is that it obviously doesn't save them any money to not use the software emulation that they already have in those versions, so it's not like they will have no backwards compatibility. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 02:10:01 PM »

I believe they're currently using software emulation on all South Korean and European PS3s, and on the new 80GB American version.  I'm not sure what they have in Japanese models.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 02:15:16 PM »

I'm out until that must have JRPG comes out. I don't think that is anytime soon though.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 02:19:30 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 03, 2007, 02:00:19 PM

Quote from: ChaoZ on October 03, 2007, 01:47:54 PM

I believe that's already happened with the 80GB version as well as the 60GB PAL version.  What wonderpug was saying is that it obviously doesn't save them any money to not use the software emulation that they already have in those versions, so it's not like they will have no backwards compatibility. 

This is correct.  The first gen PS3s were hardware backwards compatability.  The 2nd gen PS3s are software emulated.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 02:32:08 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 03, 2007, 01:09:13 PM

Quote from: HankRaptor on October 03, 2007, 12:53:51 PM

But frankly they are missing the boat. Not enough games.

Yep.

40GB Ps3 399.99 Are you in?

Nope.

There's just no reason to have the system, imo.

I'll throw some reasons out:

Fantastic Blu-Ray player, arguably one of the top 3 or 4 out currently, with infinite potential for improvement
One of the best upconverting DVD players
Unmatched backwards compatibility
Arguably the most powerful system, so that bodes well for upcoming games
Strong Sony library of games
Integrated Wi-Fi

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 02:35:25 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 03, 2007, 01:14:03 PM

I have not played any Ps2 games on my 60 gig PS3.  So to me dropping BC in order to lower the price would make me more likely to purchase a PS3.

The only game I own for my PS3 is Warhawk, which I haven't touched in a few weeks. 

I will probably buy Ratchett and Clank and Resistance when it drops below $40.  Other than that I don't envision the PS3 getting much use through the end of the year. I don't regret the purchase, but I wish Transformers was coming out on Blu Ray instead of HD-DVd only since that is the only move I'm interested in buying for the near future.  mad

I'll agree with that, the only PS3 game I currently own is Resistance (which surprised me in its quality), the others I owned I sold simply because they weren't getting played and I was buying the 360 releases for the achievements. The games are coming though, I don't doubt that a bit, but for right now, we watch movies on it and I play Panzer and Allied General daily.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 03, 2007, 02:32:08 PM

Fantastic Blu-Ray player, arguably one of the top 3 or 4 out currently, with infinite potential for improvement
Integrated Wi-Fi

Hmm, and the only thing out of that list that matters right now is the first. And even then, in a year or so you will be able to get a player for a couple of hundred dollars.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »

Well I was in at $600 but that was based on the hardware uses (Bluray player, Media Center Hub, excellent upscaling DVD player, and most importantly upscaling PS2 games) so I'm not crying over the lack of software (though I love Resistance something fierce).  I wouldn't recommend the system to others, though, unless they were looking at it for the same reasons I was. 

Honestly, it was almost worth it by itself just for the PS2 upscaling.  Really makes a huge difference in a lot of PS2 games on an HDTV. 
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 02:37:10 PM »

Nope... nothing it offers is worth $400 to me.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 02:51:32 PM »

I'm no videophile, but I don't see enough difference between regular & Blu-ray to warrant $400

I'll just keep my PS2.

Agreed, but I'd rather wait until some of those games are actually released before plunking money down on the system.

Hmmm, maybe we're not talking about the same system.  slywink  Personal preference, but I think the PS3's library is ridiculously weak right now.  The potential is there, but by the time the good games actually show up, the system might be even less!

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 02:58:15 PM »

So wait does this mythical $400 PS3 have Wifi? I thought it was rumored to lack that feature.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 03:09:02 PM »

is this just another rumor thread or has something concrete come up that actually says it will happen?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »

Quote from: Lee on October 03, 2007, 02:15:16 PM

I'm out until that must have JRPG comes out. I don't think that is anytime soon though.

Same here; and even then, I expect that the JRPG in question will likely go multiplatform to either the Wii or 360 within a year of release anyway.

I'm far more interested in buying a backup/replacement PS2 than a PS3 right now. Sure, if money were no object at all I'd just get a 60GB PS3 for the hardware BC they have for the PS2, but money is a factor for me, and software emulation just isn't reliable enough yet on the 360 or PS3.

I expect I'll get a second PS2 this holiday season at the inevitable sales. No plans for a PS3 purchase anytime in the foreseeable future.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 03:37:43 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 03, 2007, 01:14:03 PM

My 60GB PS3 gets used as nothing BUT a PS2 machine without rumble.

Quote from: CeeKay on October 03, 2007, 03:09:02 PM

is this just another rumor thread or has something concrete come up that actually says it will happen?

Well, there's WAY too many different rumors up now for it to be anything but true.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 03:53:12 PM »

Not for me.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

Quote from: Lee on October 03, 2007, 02:35:51 PM

Integrated Wi-Fi

Hmm, and the only thing out of that list that matters right now is the first. And even then, in a year or so you will be able to get a player for a couple of hundred dollars.

So backwards compatibilty isn't important? The library of Sony games doesn't matter? Hmm....

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 03:58:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 03, 2007, 02:51:32 PM

I'm no videophile, but I don't see enough difference between regular & Blu-ray to warrant $400

I'll just keep my PS2.

Agreed, but I'd rather wait until some of those games are actually released before plunking money down on the system.

Hmmm, maybe we're not talking about the same system.  slywink  Personal preference, but I think the PS3's library is ridiculously weak right now.  The potential is there, but by the time the good games actually show up, the system might be even less!

I was referring to Sony's LIBRARY of games, not current PS3 releases.

I invite you to come over, watch Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD, THEN watch the Blu-Ray release I have, and tell me you don't see the difference.

JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 03:58:56 PM »

I would have loved to be in. However Microsoft have so cleverly set the release of all the good games with in the next 3 months (1-2 a week ) It no way in hell I will be able to purchase a new system. 

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›  ‹(•Ώ•)›
PS3 Spinks
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 03, 2007, 03:58:08 PM

I invite you to come over, watch Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD, THEN watch the Blu-Ray release I have, and tell me you don't see the difference.

I so want the PotC's on Blu Ray, and if this pricepoint does happen (and it's not a horribly gimpe system) then I shall have them!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2007, 04:13:29 PM »

Not for me either. Won't get a PS3 until I see GT5, FFXIII, and MGS4. The price is right, but the games are still not alluring enough. Can't think of a single one that's out right now that I would want. The closest one is probably Heavenly Sword, and I won't pay more than $30 for that. That's depressing.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2007, 04:14:29 PM »

Ah, I misunderstood.  My bad.  I agree that the back catalog is quite amazing.

I know there's a difference, but for me it's not worth the $400 for the system and higher DVD prices.  Besides, I've got a 3 year old rear-projection TV, so a lot of the really hi-def stuff isn't really applicable.

I like my big screen, but having an ultra-super-mega-hi-def picture has never been that important to me. 

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 03, 2007, 04:14:29 PM

Ah, I misunderstood.  My bad.  I agree that the back catalog is quite amazing.

I know there's a difference, but for me it's not worth the $400 for the system and higher DVD prices.  Besides, I've got a 3 year old rear-projection TV, so a lot of the really hi-def stuff isn't really applicable.

I like my big screen, but having an ultra-super-mega-hi-def picture has never been that important to me. 

Well I can respect where you are coming from then.  icon_smile

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »

i've got two games for the pee ess three, and both of them were used copies.  one for a good price and the other for a game i haven't played in months.  motorstorm is inbound from gamefly, so i'll try that too.  it's more to get a better impression than the demo, and i'm not sure i'll really like the full game anyways.  tbh, i'd rather they sent me airborne instead, but whatever. 

my system has seen little gaming use outside of the few games of warhawk and a 1/3rd playthrough of resistance.  a little bit of shadow of the colossus as well. unfortunately, the big hitter halo has taken all of my time, and mp is growing on me.

at this point, the ps3 is a dedicated f@h machine.  i got it with the sony deal so i actually paid less for it than the rumored 40gb. 

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 06:43:15 PM »

You guys might want to take a look at everything releasing on or before November 20th.  That's when a lot of games come out for the PS3.  That's also likely the release time for the system.

The key is, if it doesn't appeal to you now, when the games do come out this year, and early next year, would you buy it then?

The PS3 is my lead console for multiplatform games, I dislike the way my 360 handles things, not to mention its unreliability.  I can understand when people don't want to pay more just to play multiplatform games on a new system, but there's a lot of exclusives in the works for 2008, and even a few left to release this 2007.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 06:46:59 PM by Turtle » Logged
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:35 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 03, 2007, 06:43:15 PM

You guys might want to take a look at everything releasing on or before November 20th.  That's when a lot of games come out for the PS3.  That's also likely the release time for the system.

The key is, if it doesn't appeal to you now, when the games do come out this year, and early next year, would you buy it then?

The PS3 is my lead console for multiplatform games, I dislike the way my 360 handles things, not to mention its unreliability.  I can understand when people don't want to pay more just to play multiplatform games on a new system, but there's a lot of exclusives in the works for 2008, and even a few left to release this 2007.

The only exclusives I can see on or before November 20 are Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Haze and Time Crisis 4.  I'm pretty sure Ratchet & Clank will be a quality game, but the others are all a toss-up. 

And maybe it will be worthwhile next year when other games are released and there is a cheaper system on the market, but that doesn't do much for making me want to buy one now or to justify the price for so few exclusives.  I have no doubt that there will be some quality games for the PS3 in the future, but for now I'm more than happy with all the awesome games on my 360. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 08:24:59 PM »

If anyone asked my personal opinion I would tell them not to buy a PS3 unless upscaled PS2 games was very important and they didn't want to wait for what will inevitably be a cheap, good Blu-Ray player soon (Matsushita says most likely by Christmas prices will start dropping fast). I just don't think there is a lot to recommend, and I think anyone (analysts, cough) claiming PS3 will finish anything but last this generation are deluding themselves-and I have owned the system twice (and still do).
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 10:02:36 PM »

That's perfectly fine.  However I just want to state that not considering the system at all when some really good exclusives come out in the future, and the price drops to within your price range, is also foolish.  If this new model does come out at $400, it brings the PS3 within range of quite a few people and at the same time a bunch of new games release for it.  As I was saying, I think this new model at a lower price point was likely a reaction to Konami and Square thinking about porting to the 360.  Sony reacts by throwing more money at the PS3 to get more market share.

Calvin, I'm honestly not sure why you bought a PS3.  It's good hardware, but it doesn't have the games you want just yet.  You seem more angry at having bought something you didn't really want rather than angry at the PS3.  Admittedly, I'm really not using my PS3 that much, but about this time after I got my 360, I wasn't playing that much either.

I'd trusts the analysts more, they've got a ton more data, research, and experience behind them when determining.  Remember, they also have a line in with both MS and Sony.  Analysts may be overstating themselves by saying Sony will come out on top, but Sony is seriously pumping money into the system, and there's seriously a lot of stuff in the works for 2008.  Way too early to call this race over, I want to see what happens when the big 2008 games like MGS4, FF13, Killzone 2, God of War 3, etc... come out that go head to head with whatever cool stuff MS will have by then.  Now that'll be something to see.
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Quote from: ChaoZ on October 03, 2007, 04:13:29 PM

Not for me either. Won't get a PS3 until I see GT5, FFXIII, and MGS4. The price is right, but the games are still not alluring enough. Can't think of a single one that's out right now that I would want. The closest one is probably Heavenly Sword, and I won't pay more than $30 for that. That's depressing.

Read my mind until the good games show up no buy from me even at $399 and the stupid no BC if it turns out to be true is just dumb on Sonys part.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2007, 10:33:55 PM »

i mainly only play PS2 games on my PS3,so to take out the back compat(finally made disc 4 of FF8..for the first time ever),makes me glad that i have already bought one with the back compat

it has also been said that this 40gig wont have any USB sockets...so how will that work with your controller,as thats how you charge it up...unless they expect you to charge the controller on your PC

http://www.ps-gamer.com/news.asp?id=1519

Stripped down PS3 hints at new low

Sony is preparing to release a stripped down PS3 to counter Halo 3, various sources are reporting.

According to CVG, sources in both the retail and publishing sectors have confirmed that Sony is to announce the new console soon – possibly this week, so as to disrupt the Halo 3 launch – and that it will cost £299.

However, it seems the console itself is going to be a bare bones model: not only will the hard drive be downgraded to 40GB, but according to British satellite broadcaster Sky News, it will also lack several key components and functionality, such as USB ports and backward compatibility.

Suffice to say, this is somewhat perplexing. While the lower capacity hard drive is understandable, omitting such things as USB ports – which are both cheap to manufacture and are essential if you are to recharge your pad – and backwards compatibility (which is done through software emulation on all PS3s now) is strange.

Sony has come under increased pressure to lower the price of the PS3 in recent times, although frankly, we wonder how successful this new version can be. An ill-fated 20GB model of the console launched alongside the now familiar 60GB model in Japan and the USA, but proved so unsuccessful that not only was it dropped in North America in April, Sony never bothered to release it in Europe.

Likewise, it’s open to debate as to whether a console that had a third of the hard drive space and distinctly fewer features than the Xbox 360 Elite can compete at the same price – let alone the fact that that the 60GB PS3 Starter Pack theoretically offers better value for money.

Either way, if it’s going to happen, it seems an announcement will follow in the next few days.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 10:40:09 PM »

I'm in.
Just upgrade the HD and you have a winner. I have my PS2 still so I dont really care if it has BC, it would be nice, but whatever.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2007, 11:11:23 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 03, 2007, 10:02:36 PM

That's perfectly fine.  However I just want to state that not considering the system at all when some really good exclusives come out in the future, and the price drops to within your price range, is also foolish.  If this new model does come out at $400, it brings the PS3 within range of quite a few people and at the same time a bunch of new games release for it.  As I was saying, I think this new model at a lower price point was likely a reaction to Konami and Square thinking about porting to the 360.  Sony reacts by throwing more money at the PS3 to get more market share.

Calvin, I'm honestly not sure why you bought a PS3.  It's good hardware, but it doesn't have the games you want just yet.  You seem more angry at having bought something you didn't really want rather than angry at the PS3.  Admittedly, I'm really not using my PS3 that much, but about this time after I got my 360, I wasn't playing that much either.

I'd trusts the analysts more, they've got a ton more data, research, and experience behind them when determining.  Remember, they also have a line in with both MS and Sony.  Analysts may be overstating themselves by saying Sony will come out on top, but Sony is seriously pumping money into the system, and there's seriously a lot of stuff in the works for 2008.  Way too early to call this race over, I want to see what happens when the big 2008 games like MGS4, FF13, Killzone 2, God of War 3, etc... come out that go head to head with whatever cool stuff MS will have by then.  Now that'll be something to see.
Um, I am not angry. I am stating simple facts. The library is weak-subjective, yes, but most rational observers would admit as much. Cross platform titles? They almost always run better and frequently look better on the 360. Online implementation? Light years ahead. Upcoming exclusives? Sure-thats a complete toss up. There are exclusives for both platforms I want, but more on the 360. Look, I am not jaded, I am not angry, and dismissing the perfectly rational point I am making as me being angry at making a purchase I can well afford to make a mistake on is just silly. The PS3's launch has been an absolute, undeniable disaster. The system is floundering, Sony seems to have little idea how to market it, development on it is difficult, there is minimal exclusivity to help it, it is still expensive, and by far its coolest feature is a high def drive and upscaling system that most consumers are simply too ignorant to understand much less appreciate. I have no vested interest in seeing the PS3 struggle, and god help me I would rather them dominate than the Nintendo Wii-all-lose, but the PS3 is a disaster right now. I would not recommend it to anyone until the price drops significantly or unless you cannot wait 3-6 months to see if stand alone BRD players drop in price (presuming media is your primary concern).

I have my PS3 on right now, playing a dvd in excellent upscaled beauty. I enjoy that greatly. Last night I watched Lethal Weapon 2 on Blu-Ray. Excellent. In 3 weeks I will play Ratchet and Clank Future and be happy as a clam. For now, I will have to enjoy my dvd's and hope that my PS3 doesn't disconnect my entire internet when I turn it off as per usual.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2007, 11:17:39 PM »

It is amazing to see the indifference to the PS 3 going on. I mean this is a forum filled with people who are regular gamers and many of you still don't see a compelling reason to get a PS3 yet(I'm one of those too). I mean this is supposed to be the undisputed king of videogaming(at least it was for the last 10 years or so.). An amazing turn around were seeing though.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2007, 11:31:55 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on October 03, 2007, 11:11:23 PM

Quote from: Turtle on October 03, 2007, 10:02:36 PM

I have no vested interest in seeing the PS3 struggle, and god help me I would rather them dominate than the Nintendo Wii-all-lose, but the PS3 is a disaster right now.

I'm of the same mind that I'd rather see Sony performing well instead of the Nintendo. The Wii and DS are pushing gaming in a direction that I'd rather not travel. I certainly don't have any irrational dislike of Nintendo, but their gaming library and hardware choices run completely contrary to my gaming desires.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: