http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 09:33:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360s available or not?  (Read 1531 times)
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »

So what's the story with the 360s now that the Christmas rush is over.  

Can I walk into Best Buy and pick one of these things up now or are we still having "limited supply" issues?

I'm in Southern California if that matters.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 06:00:02 PM »

Quote from: "Dunamis"
So what's the story with the 360s now that the Christmas rush is over.  

Can I walk into Best Buy and pick one of these things up now or are we still having "limited supply" issues?

I'm in Southern California if that matters.

The issues still exist.  However since the demand is lower it is sometimes possible luck out and find some at retailers.  Generally though only at places like Target, Best Buy, etc.   The deadicated stores (EB, Gamestop) are still trying to meet their pre-orders so they never seem to have any spares.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 06:13:39 PM »

It also depends on your geographical area.  In my area (SW PA) I have seen many in the stores.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Still supply issues.  I've seen them in the wild twice (Sears and Best Buy) but certainly not on a consistent basis.
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:29:44 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll probably start randomly checking by local Best Buy and see how it goes.  I was hoping to get one before Oblivion comes out.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 02:48:27 AM »

Quote from: "Dunamis"
Thanks for the feedback.  I'll probably start randomly checking by local Best Buy and see how it goes.  I was hoping to get one before Oblivion comes out.

if you're checking BestBuy, you can't just rely on checking the shelves...some keep them locked in a glass case, but others don't put them out on the floor at all.  not seeing them on the shelf does not always mean they don't have them in stock.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 03:41:57 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"
if you're checking BestBuy, you can't just rely on checking the shelves...some keep them locked in a glass case, but others don't put them out on the floor at all.  not seeing them on the shelf does not always mean they don't have them in stock.

Good point, I forgot about that.  Thank you.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 03:47:01 PM »

You can try using this to see if your local Best Buy has them in. It is generally more reliable than calling in.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:58 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
You can try using this to see if your local Best Buy has them in. It is generally more reliable than calling in.

that's how i found mine earlier this week.  unfortunately, it looks like best buy received a large shipment on tuesday or wednesday, then promptly sold most of them, as i haven't seen one in stock on that locator since late wednesday.  

and definitely have the clerk check in the back for you!  i went to two places before i found mine...and i STILL think the first place had them, they just didn't want to go in the back to check at the time.   :evil:

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 10:24:07 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"

Ah, cool!  Unfortunately, none of the six by me have any in stock, but you just saved me a ton of calling and driving around.

Thanks, I'll be checking this every morning.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 11:57:14 PM »

Well, my local Gamestop told me today that they'll be filling the last of the preorders for the Premium system when the next shipment comes in (which is due shortly), and at that point they'll start having them on their shelves.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2006, 10:26:43 PM »

Ralph, how did you find that link? If I bookmark it, it stops working after a few tries. I don't see any way on the Best Buy site to actually check availability. I would like to check it from work, but I don't think I can come to GT from my work computer (how I currently get to the link).
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2006, 10:40:47 PM »

What's the current in-store price point for both the core and premium?  I've been to a few store websites, but I could not find prices.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »

$400 and $300 every where I have seen. Only place I have seen over pricing is Fingerhut, $600 just for the system, not including shipping.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2006, 11:15:01 PM »

Quote from: "Lee"
Ralph, how did you find that link? If I bookmark it, it stops working after a few tries. I don't see any way on the Best Buy site to actually check availability. I would like to check it from work, but I don't think I can come to GT from my work computer (how I currently get to the link).

I actually got that link from another forum. Not sure how they found it. It must have been through the SKU but I don't know why your bookmarking doesn't work. I posted the same link at OO, though, if you can access that site at work.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:20 PM »

You can get them at Amazon - above normal price - $550 plus, for premium with NO games or extras.

That's good to hear about the Gamestop situation, maybe they really will become somewhat common by the time Oblivion comes out.  With my luck, my perfectly functioning 360 will lock up the day I get Oblivion... I would instantly buy another, even before sending the first one back! If my roof blows off and all I can afford is a tarp for several months, well, too bad...  :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 08:51:03 PM »

Toys R Us seems to be getting them out there. Thats how I got mine a few weeks back. Wasn't even looking for one.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2006, 08:56:53 PM »

I think Best Buy got another shipment in today. I've noticed that most of the BB's in my area have them in stock right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: