http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 02:24:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 rumor: Seems Target are getting shipments in today 12/13  (Read 2544 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2005, 11:36:11 AM »

No linky to confirm just rumor speculation from people that work at target.  might be worth a shot.

Good Luck all

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 12:18:15 PM »

Not to throw my fellow gamers under the bus, but does anyone else find this consistent '360 sighting' threads a wee bit pathetic?

There will be plenty of them in a few months.  Just wait.
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 12:36:04 PM »

There's a Target by my house, so it's worth a shot. Thanks tru1cy.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 01:54:41 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Not to throw my fellow gamers under the bus, but does anyone else find this consistent '360 sighting' threads a wee bit pathetic?

There will be plenty of them in a few months.  Just wait.

A few months does not help my wife out for Christmas.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 01:57:26 PM »

ATB I think alot of people would like to get one for Xmas.  Also, being a community it like helping our brothers and sisters...you grinch :p j/k

NiM$
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 01:58:01 PM »

Well I got to my local Target 5 minutes before opening. Another like-minded geek was there waiting, so we talked for a bit about the 360 shortages. When the doors open, we both head to the electronics department where we a promptly told that they got one premium system in. Guess who left empty handed?  :cry:

For one fleeting moment, I came to understand what it feels like to be overcome with msduncanesque OUTRAGE,  smile
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 01:59:32 PM »

Quote from: "Captain Caveman"
Well I got to my local Target 5 minutes before opening. Another like-minded geek was there waiting, so we talked for a bit about the 360 shortages. When the doors open, we both head to the electronics department where we a promptly told that they got one premium system in. Guess who left empty handed?  :cry:

For one fleeting moment, I came to understand what it feels like to be overcome with msduncanesque OUTRAGE,  smile

WOW...simply WOW frown

NiM$
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 02:01:12 PM »

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 02:05:14 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"

WOW...simply WOW frown

I forgot to mention that I then hauled ass to the other local Target, where I was told that they didn't get any in at all.  :cry:
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 03:06:46 PM »

Oh, GOD, Noah! That SUCKS!
sympathysympathysympathy
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 03:41:42 PM »

Oh god, pelase let my Target have a premium (HELL EVEN A CORE). I am dying to play PGR3 with everyone!

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 03:51:23 PM »

Me too, Sparhawk, me too.

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 04:14:30 PM »

Hey now guys....turn those frowns upside down because

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 04:54:46 PM »

Cut and paste from the official 360 forums.  hopefully this will help someone

Ok heres my story I went to the Gaithersburg Maryland Target this morning 8 am was told " Sorry none came in not till January." I was like ya whatever.... Went to Guest Services asked them to do a merchandise search # 207210001 The lady told me they had none but the stores in Germantown (301)515-6882 had 4 and the store in wheaton (301)946-8006 also had for.  I thn beat feet to Germantown got their at 815am asked if they had any was told no...  Told them what I was told by the Guest Services in Gaithersburg and they did a search said " Ohh my I told 2 people already we did'nt get any" He then went to get mine I bought it and so did one guy that was also at the Gaithersburg store with me and found the same info I got.

So for all you people calling out their the people on the floors at Target dont know what they have you have to talk to guest services and have them do the merchandise search# 207210001 to find out where they are.  

I am at work and will post a link to my pic of my receit and be online tonight.  Thank you to the person that made that post with the merchandise number you are the one I thank for my 360 cheers!!!!

NiM$
Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 05:07:44 PM »

:cry:
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 05:46:12 PM »

I called my local Target and asked to be connected to Electronics.  I was asked what it was for, told them Xbox 360, and they immediately said 'we don't have any'.

So that is that.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 05:53:54 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
I called my local Target and asked to be connected to Electronics.  I was asked what it was for, told them Xbox 360, and they immediately said 'we don't have any'.

So that is that.

Dude... we've told you this a shit ton o times.  Calling will get you nowhere.  If they do have it, they'll sell it by the time you get there (or buy it themselves).

Gotta do the legwork, else this ain't happening.

gellar
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 06:02:32 PM »

Quote from: "gellar"
Quote from: "msduncan"

So that is that.

Dude... we've told you this a shit ton o times.  Calling will get you nowhere.  If they do have it, they'll sell it by the time you get there (or buy it themselves).

Gotta do the legwork, else this ain't happening.

gellar

Exactly. If you just call, you are going to be doomed to failure. If you really want this thing msduncan, you are going to have to get your hands dirty and go down to the store. It's the only way.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 06:16:57 PM »

Quote from: "tru1cy"
Cut and paste from the official 360 forums.  hopefully this will help someone

The lady told me they had none but the stores in Germantown...

Hey, that's MY Target!

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 06:30:43 PM »

I've been going to stores until I'm sick of it.   I also have a family that needs dropped off to daycare and a job to show up to at 8 in the morning.   I can't play M$'s bullshit game of running all over the fucking place looking for a system every fucking day.

FUCK Microsoft for putting me in this situation.    :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 06:32:56 PM »

They got 1 in, my ass.

Most likely, they got at least 5 in.  It's just that the managers and employees scarfed all but the last 1 to scalp for themselves.

It's Revenge of the Retail Fuckers all over the place out there.

Baby Jesus is crying.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 06:33:45 PM »

The Target near me in Fairfax, Va got 6 in yesterday, and sold all 6 yesterday.  I went in this morning to check.  

They said they weren't scheduled for any further shipments until Jan.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 06:36:32 PM »

Quote from: "jament"
They got 1 in, my ass.

Most likely, they got at least 5 in.  It's just that the managers and employees scarfed all but the last 1 to scalp for themselves.

It's Revenge of the Retail Fuckers all over the place out there.

Baby Jesus is crying.

Those were my thoughts also.  I mean c'mon, a shipment of 1?!  That's ridiculous.

Captain Caveman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 06:47:59 PM »

Additional info about my disappointing morning: When the other geek and I first approached the electronics dept., the guy working the counter immediately asked, "Are you [geek name}?", and when we shook our heads and asked about the 360, he said that they only had one to sell. I'm thinking that somebody must have called ahead and got another one held for pick-up.

I've checked with this Target several times over the past few weeks, and I've been told by more than 1 employee that 2 systems came in the Tuesday after launch but that they hadn't received any since. Apparently getting just 2 units on a shipment is possible (FWIW, this is a new Target that just opened up about 6 weeks ago).
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2005, 12:39:48 AM »

How about we turn this topic into a consolidated Xbox 360 rumor post?

I spotted this on VE3D:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/675/675452p1.html

Basically MS is shipping out another big shipment this week.  So I assume the target shipment was a part of this.

I'm thinking some other stores will be getting in their copies this week, and Best Buy is the only one actively holding back their boxes until the 18th.  So there's a chance we'll see boxes show up in other stores before the 18th.

I'll be checking all my local stores this week each morning to see.  I've got a CompUSA, Target, Walmart, Costco, Gamestop, and EB next to me.

I plan to pickup two, one for myself, and one to ebay to pay for it.  I'm willing to try and pickup a third to sell at cost to a fellow GT member.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2005, 12:57:23 AM »

Okay, I've just talked to the wife, MSduncan, I am going to camp out at my best buy Sunday Morning and I am going to get you a Premium Console.

I can't let you go sad this christmas. If I see one before hand I'll buy it and contact you with the info for payment, shipping etc.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 01:03:12 AM »

Quote from: "Tebunker"
Okay, I've just talked to the wife, MSduncan, I am going to camp out at my best buy Sunday Morning and I am going to get you a Premium Console.

I can't let you go sad this christmas. If I see one before hand I'll buy it and contact you with the info for payment, shipping etc.

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  biggrin
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2005, 01:12:34 AM »

Heh, same here Duncan, if I manage to find one extra I'll sell to you at cost.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2005, 01:25:19 AM »

Thanks guys!  That means a LOT to me and my wife!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2005, 05:20:54 AM »

Ok heres my story I went to the Gaithersburg Maryland Target this morning 8 am was told " Sorry none came in not till January." I was like ya whatever.... Went to Guest Services asked them to do a merchandise search # 207210001 The lady told me they had none but the stores in Germantown (301)515-6882 had 4 and the store in wheaton (301)946-8006 also had for. I thn beat feet to Germantown got their at 815am asked if they had any was told no... Told them what I was told by the Guest Services in Gaithersburg and they did a search said " Ohh my I told 2 people already we did'nt get any" He then went to get mine I bought it and so did one guy that was also at the Gaithersburg store with me and found the same info I got.

So for all you people calling out their the people on the floors at Target dont know what they have you have to talk to guest services and have them do the merchandise search# 207210001 to find out where they are.

I am at work and will post a link to my pic of my receit and be online tonight. Thank you to the person that made that post with the merchandise number you are the one I thank for my 360 cheers!!!!

You know, this post makes me realize I need to let people here get away with saying "their" when they mean "there" a little more.  We're an articulate bunch of f~cks aren't we?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 05:47:26 AM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
I plan to pickup two, one for myself, and one to ebay to pay for it.  I'm willing to try and pickup a third to sell at cost to a fellow GT member.

Not to burst your bubble, but most stores are limiting people to one Xbox 360 per person.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: