http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 02:22:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 Racing Games  (Read 1086 times)
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2006, 06:41:13 PM »

Just picked me up a 360 and had a few questions about racing games. I have Burnout Revenge & NFS:MW for xbox although I haven't played NFS (its my sons & I just never felt like playing it). That said is it worth getting either of those for the 360? What about PGR3?
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:43:36 PM »

PGR3 is a great pure racing game.
Burnout is a lot of fun (of course) but pretty much the same as the Xbox version, with better graphics/effects.

LiveTAG: happydog
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:56:08 PM »

I love burnout but I never played the regular XBOX version. PGR3 is a great pure racing game.

I think best buy has PGR3 for $40 this week so you might want to go check it out. If you like realistic racing games then get this cause it is one of the best looking and playing racing games
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 06:56:10 PM »

NFS:MW was awesome. Burnout Revenge looks better and plays just as good as the incredible XBox release. Highly recommended.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 07:11:34 PM »

PGR3 is an amazing game.  I loved PGR2, and the sequel feels nearly identical to the second, but fine-tuned.  And also, it looks great.  The online play is flawless, as well.

I was a little surprised at how fast I got through the solo portion of the game, however.

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:57:48 PM »

I'm really enjoying NFS and I can't stand the whole rice-ing of cars.  It's almost like they're making fun of them in a nice way.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »

Burnout and PGR3 are both very addictive - I didn't consider myself a fan of the racing genre, but those two games have gotten the majority of my 360 attention.  I've only played the demos of NFS and RR6.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 11:15:08 PM »

My first choice would be NFSMW.  Good sense of speed and lots of objectives and the cops chases are very challenging.  PGR3 would be a distant second simply because the single player portion is very short, unless you are very anal about getting a gold on everything.  I settled for silver and finished in around 10 hours.  It is much more simmy than NFS, but just not as much fun, and fun is where it's at for me.  That being said, online PGR3 is good if you have lots of friends to play with.  I don't so I just played pick-me-up games and found the crowd to be the usual loud-mouth, cussing, worthless bunch.  None of them cared to attempt to actually DRIVE with precision-just ram you in the corners and take the lead.  Hated it and never went back, but with a mature group who agree to drive right and just see who is the better driver I think would be fun.  If you want to play a ram-fest type of game, then do Burnout.  It is total chaos.  Fun, but I honestly tired of it quickly.  Every race felt exactly the same.  But that's just me.  Again, with the right friends it would be fun no doubt.

I think all three are excellent examples of what they do and do well.  Rent all and then buy maybe.  Personal preferences are so hard to predict.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 01:46:05 AM »

My friend at GameStop sold me on the 360 version of Test Drive today.

It's sort of like an MMO, a persistent world (which is actually an accurately modeled Oahu) where you race around and if you come across another person (because they'll be racing around, too) just honk your horn and START A RACE!!  That idea is cool enough...

But apparently, the game is going to feature Sirius Satellite Radio!!  Holy sweet hell, I think it comes out next month and this is my next big anticipated 360 title!

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
biggercup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 03:07:06 AM »

I been playing Burnout and I love it!
It's so fast and addictive.
Only downside is that loading time between the race can be little annoying...
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 03:35:53 AM »

Burnout is a fantastic racer...unbelievably fast, great graphics, and a hell of a lot of fun both online and off.  PGR3 is very addictive as well, but it's much more of a skill/finesse game than Burnout or NFS:MW.  i'm pretty curious about TestDrive right now...very interesting concept and impressive graphics, but i'm holding out to see how it plays.  not to mention that i'm not sure i need another racer on my 360 right now...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 12:50:53 PM »

I agree-we have enough racers.  Give us more variety!

I am Xboxalot on Live.
jallowe1453
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 01:32:25 PM »

I am also waiting for the new Test Drive.  It reminds me a little of the old Motor City Online, which I loved.  Sure they are not the same games, but a persistant online world sounds like a lot of fun to me.  NFS:MW is an awesome game, great game play.  Though I do get frustrated when a cop car drives underneath you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: