http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 03:05:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 problem - the game, the MU or the system?  (Read 707 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2008, 02:52:22 AM »

Wondering if anyone has had a problem like this with their 360.  I have a new 360, using it with an MU (hard drive is coming this week).  I have been playing Tomb Raider Legend.  About half the time, when I am done playing and try to exit to the dashboard, the game doesn't go to the dashboard, but instead goes back to the title screen and all sound is gone from the game.  I can continue playing the game if I want, but there will be no sound at all.  If I try again to go to the dashboard, I am taken again back to the title screen.  My only way to turn off the machine is to press power.

This happened again recently, and when I turned the machine on the next time all 3 of my saves were corrupted and couldn't be played.  I was on mission 8 of 8 and I had to start the game over again (luckily I liked the game a lot and was willing to do so).

I do have some other games, but I haven't started them and tried to exit to the dashboard from in game.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 06:11:54 AM »

Hmm... that's a new one on me.  I've never just used a MU though.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 07:52:33 AM »

with the way live has been going lately I would blame MS.  I haven't been able to get dashboard to load all day!

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »

I didn't have any problems with live when I played... it seems to be very hit or miss at the moment.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 09:27:51 AM »

I played a little Virtua Fighter 5 earlier around 7pm didn't have any problems.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

This problem is actually completely separate from live - my console isn't even online at the moment.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 06:28:45 PM »

The problem you're describing sounds like its  possibly caused by a corrupted  MU. The reason I suspect the MU is that it's likely read or written to 1 last time when you exit to the X360 dashboard. Tomb Raider Legend might have a poorly implemented error routine that results in you being dumped back to the title screen due to an MU read/write error. It will be interesting to see if this still occurs once you get a harddrive.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 01, 2008, 06:28:45 PM

The problem you're describing sounds like its  possibly caused by a corrupted  MU. The reason I suspect the MU is that it's likely read or written to 1 last time when you exit to the X360 dashboard. Tomb Raider Legend might have a poorly implemented error routine that results in you being dumped back to the title screen due to an MU read/write error. It will be interesting to see if this still occurs once you get a harddrive.

Hopefully that's it since I probably won't use the MU once I get my hard drive.  I'll see if there's anything out there about corrupt MUs.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 09:58:21 PM »

You could always try formatting it. Do you know someone else who has a HDD they could plug in and copy your saves?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: