http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 04:51:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 network issues  (Read 470 times)
Azhag
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:14:56 PM »

Ok, so last week my wireless network started having issues.  I'm running my network through the Westell 327W that came with my Verizon DSL and am using WEP.  Up until now when there was an issue, turning the Westell off and on again fixed the issue.

What my 360 says... it is saying there is no network bridge (the second option in the test).  It appears to be properly set up with the right SSID and settings still.  For my network it shows a green light for "link" and a flashing yellow light for "act on".  What does this mean exactly?

My wife's computer also is now having issues (starting at the same time I believe).  It is in the basement, further away, and is having marginal/low connections, but it has never had a real strong connection from down there.  It also appears to still sort of work (it will start to download a website and gets a bit before seeming to stop).

Does anyone have ideas on what to do?  What do the light colors mean in the xbox 360 diagnostics? Should I try changing my channel or try removing WEP or something?  Do you think my Westell gear is hosed? I'd really like to get xbox live working again...
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 01:44:52 PM »

Sounds like a wireless issue. Perhaps a neighbor recently purchased a conflicting device. Are neighbors close enough to you? If not, I would change channels on the router and the setting on the NIC card see if that improves.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

I was at friends house setting up SONOS with that wireless router. And it was flaky as all hell. I would not use the phone companies/cable router if I could avoid it...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:33:46 PM by HankRaptor » Logged

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 09:19:36 PM »

Questions... 1) does anyone have particularly good router suggestiosn for making sure it reaches down two levels in the house. 2) What would I have to do to make a new router plug into and work with my verizon setup?

Also, mod, want to move this to hardware hell?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: