1. I tried to DL some demos tonight but each one stopped and said 'cannot dl xxxx. Not connected.' Now obviously I was connected as I could see the demos and my friends online. Is this a glitch with Live or is my machine hosed?a
2. What's it mean when the 4 lights on the controller blink intermittenly periodically? All lights are green. Does this mean the batteries are about to die?
3. I unplugged the 360 for most of the 3 weeks I was on travel. Since I've been back, I have to select my profile every time I log in even though I have auto sign in turned on. Is this a glitch with the latest Live update or something more troubling?
1) Were you playing another game on Live at the time you were downloading? My only other guess is that since they added the movies/TV on demand thing, their marketplace servers have been spotty at best.
2) Yup, batteries.
3) The latest update seemed to greatly increase the amount of time it takes to log into Live when you first boot up. Try leaving it alone for a few more seconds and I'm guessing it will log into Live on its own.