http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 N00b Questions  (Read 606 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2006, 05:27:14 AM »

1. I tried to DL some demos tonight but each one stopped and said 'cannot dl xxxx. Not connected.'  Now obviously I was connected as I could see the demos and my friends online. Is this a glitch with Live or is my machine hosed?

2. What's it mean when the 4 lights on the controller blink intermittenly periodically? All lights are green. Does this mean the batteries are about to die?

3. I unplugged the 360 for most of the 3 weeks I was on travel. Since I've been back, I have to select my profile every time I log in even though I have auto sign in turned on. Is this a glitch with the latest Live update or something more troubling?

Thanks.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 05:42:25 AM »

Don't know about 1&3, but for 2, yes it means you need to recharge/replace your batteries.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 06:11:32 AM »

Quote from: ATB on November 26, 2006, 05:27:14 AM

1. I tried to DL some demos tonight but each one stopped and said 'cannot dl xxxx. Not connected.'  Now obviously I was connected as I could see the demos and my friends online. Is this a glitch with Live or is my machine hosed?a

2. What's it mean when the 4 lights on the controller blink intermittenly periodically? All lights are green. Does this mean the batteries are about to die?

3. I unplugged the 360 for most of the 3 weeks I was on travel. Since I've been back, I have to select my profile every time I log in even though I have auto sign in turned on. Is this a glitch with the latest Live update or something more troubling?

1) Were you playing another game on Live at the time you were downloading?  My only other guess is that since they added the movies/TV on demand thing, their marketplace servers have been spotty at best.

2) Yup, batteries.

3) The latest update seemed to greatly increase the amount of time it takes to log into Live when you first boot up.  Try leaving it alone for a few more seconds and I'm guessing it will log into Live on its own.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 07:07:56 AM »

you can change it in your profile to  'auto sign in'

according to major nelson there is a lot of problems with downloads because,as Dimmona said,the new video download thing....some people its saying that you have been charged for an apparently free download on some items

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 07:15:14 AM »

Quote from: ATB on November 26, 2006, 05:27:14 AM

FYI...not only do the flashing lights indicate that your batteries are getting low, you'll also see them spin more frequently the lower their charge goes.  once the lights start spinning, you can actually play for quite a bit longer without the controller dying.  the exact amount of time depends on what you're doing though...lots of rumble and headset use will kill the batteries more quickly.  it's a pretty cool feature, but i think a lot of people are confused the first time they see it happening.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 12:52:57 PM »

oh,and you can also see how much power is left in the controler batteries when you press the guide button its at the top left

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 01:45:59 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on November 26, 2006, 07:07:56 AM

you can change it in your profile to  'auto sign in'

Yeah this  is already on. I'll let it sit for a bit like Dimmona suggested...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: