http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:53:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 Launch List to be announced tomorrow?  (Read 3761 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »

http://www.hex168.com/

I'll let the cryptographers among us decrypt the jibber jabber on that page.  smile

Just using my geek power to point out that hex 168 (0x168) is = 360.
</dork>

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 04:50:18 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
http://www.hex168.com/

I'll let the cryptographers among us decrypt the jibber jabber on that page.  smile

Just using my geek power to point out that hex 168 (0x168) is = 360.
</dork>

I hope it is the launch list, but it will probabily be something stupid like that last one, orgien360 or whatever the hell it was.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 05:41:19 PM »

Along with that rumor there is also MS possibly announcing if game prices for 3rd party titles are going to be $59.99 for sure or not.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 05:41:42 PM »

Maybe it'll be something exciting, like a new faceplate design.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 06:10:46 PM »

LOL@fellow.

I hope its a list of all confirmed launch titles so far. We need that sheeet baby!!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 10:18:10 PM »

"E-SEER PREFERS YETIS!"

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 11:09:53 PM »

Along with that rumor there is also MS possibly announcing if game prices for 3rd party titles are going to be $59.99 for sure or not.

I think it'd be pretty jacked up to hype something like this.  

HEY!  LOOK!  THESE GAMES COST YOU MORE NOW!  Why aren't you excited?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 04:42:07 AM »

LOL!! That would be very very messed up. I think he's saying it might be a universal 49.99 type announcement. Either way, I want launch titles!!
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 04:44:40 AM »

I think at this point, we ALL are curious to hear the launch titles. 40 days and counting.

Though I wouldn't mind for the announcement to be $50 3rd party games, either.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 05:21:32 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

LOL!! That would be very very messed up. I think he's saying it might be a universal 49.99 type announcement. Either way, I want launch titles!!

Yep, that is what I meant...it's just one of those rumors flying about since no one has said anything about price point for 3rd party stuff.  1st party stuff is $49.99 (except for the PDZ SE which is $59.99, but the regular version is $49.99), EB and Gamestop have just had the price point of $59.99 for 3rd party titles since they started putting games up for pre-sale.

Remember, rumor was that Xbox Live was going to be more expensive (also $59.99 per year) when EB and Gamestop put the pre-orders up, then Microsoft came out with the actual price which is the same as it is currently.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 05:06:10 PM »

Now I'm terrible at math, but isn't 0 x 168 0?

Or is this some kind of geek higher math thing?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 05:15:29 PM »

Heh, the 0x just signifies that it's a number in hex.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 06:09:58 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
Heh, the 0x just signifies that it's a number in hex.

Hex = Hexagon = 6 sides?

What are you talking about?

<Head Asplode!>
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 06:20:22 PM »

Hexadecimal, also known as Base 16.  When you look at a MAC address on a network card and its something like 000b.243c.123d.af3b  that is hex. smile

1-9 = 1-9
10 -> 15 = a, b, c, d, e, f

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexadecimal

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 07:03:39 PM »

Ok....

So nothing happened.

Big whoop.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 07:04:24 PM »

The numbers are all flipping around for me atm.

edit:

Page just updated to a new page.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 07:08:46 PM »

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think that's a bloody epiphany is what that is. A countdown to an update for a new countdown!

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 07:11:48 PM »

Hexadecimal, also known as Base 16.  When you look at a MAC address on a network card and its something like 000b.243c.123d.af3b  that is hex. smile

1-9 = 1-9

I know you're trying to help but you're making my head hurt worse.
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 07:12:38 PM »

wow what a waste of time. I am tired of these stupid sites and would be happy if they just announced something rather than trying to be cute.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 07:13:27 PM »

Oh yay....another contest....

4) PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to each participant Under the power of hex” featured in the winning entry in each category, for a total of three hundred sixty (360) winners: A Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console, three Xbox 360 game titles (Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo: Elements of Power) , a one (1) year membership to Xbox LIVE, and a three day/two night trip for the winner to an Xbox 360 event. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $1,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $540,000. Any applicable tax on the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. If a winner is unable to participate or accept any portion of the prize package for any reason, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner other than to supply the stated prize minus the refused, unaccepted portion of the prize package. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of the prize is unavailable. Game titles awarded are at Sponsor’s sole discretion and are subject to change. No barter, transfer, or assignment of any prize permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Trip includes round trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home to location of Xbox Live event, to be determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion, standard room double occupancy hotel accommodations, transfers to/from airport and hotel and admission to the Xbox 360 event. The Sponsor, in its’ sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation. Trip must be completed on dates specified by the Sponsor. If a winner is unable to participate or accept the travel or any other portion of the prize package for any reason, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner other than to supply the stated prize minus the refused, unaccepted portion of the prize package. Travel arrangements must be made through agent of Sponsor’s choosing. Actual value of the trip depends on winner’s residence or departure city. Specifics of prize package are subject to availability and sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Other restrictions may apply. Trip winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel within the continental United States. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2005, 07:13:54 PM »

It is a contest... here are the prizes.

4) PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to each participant Under the power of hex” featured in the winning entry in each category, for a total of three hundred sixty (360) winners: A Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console, three Xbox 360 game titles (Perfect Dark Zero, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Kameo: Elements of Power) , a one (1) year membership to Xbox LIVE, and a three day/two night trip for the winner to an Xbox 360 event. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize: $1,500. Total ARV of all prizes: $540,000. Any applicable tax on the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. If a winner is unable to participate or accept any portion of the prize package for any reason, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner other than to supply the stated prize minus the refused, unaccepted portion of the prize package. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if entire prize or a portion of the prize is unavailable. Game titles awarded are at Sponsor’s sole discretion and are subject to change. No barter, transfer, or assignment of any prize permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Trip includes round trip coach air transportation from major airport nearest winner’s home to location of Xbox Live event, to be determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion, standard room double occupancy hotel accommodations, transfers to/from airport and hotel and admission to the Xbox 360 event. The Sponsor, in its’ sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation. Trip must be completed on dates specified by the Sponsor. If a winner is unable to participate or accept the travel or any other portion of the prize package for any reason, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the winner other than to supply the stated prize minus the refused, unaccepted portion of the prize package. Travel arrangements must be made through agent of Sponsor’s choosing. Actual value of the trip depends on winner’s residence or departure city. Specifics of prize package are subject to availability and sponsor’s sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Other restrictions may apply. Trip winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for travel within the continental United States. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and the winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.

edit:  Damn hetz, we simul-posted this!
bluntman72
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2005, 07:17:16 PM »

i would rather just go out and buy some more Mountain Dew then try this new contest
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2005, 07:21:52 PM »

So basically you send in a wacky picture with a fake story?
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2005, 09:58:05 PM »

Quote from: "msduncan"
So basically you send in a wacky picture with a fake story?

Hey, I can do that!

Aliens raped my weedeater.  True story.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 03:07:25 PM »

Actually now I think these symbols are going to start appearing everywhere --  apparently at 4 major football games on Saturday as an example --  and maybe you are supposed to take a picture of the symbol if you see it and write a report of what you saw and send them in.

Give me a freakin break.    Could they make it any more of a pain in the ass?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2005, 07:40:36 PM »

Jesus is this lame. Seriously, this viral marketing shit is cool. It really is. It's even cooler when you use it sparingly, and its used primarily to announce, you know, cool stuff!! These last few contest announcements have been incredibly lame.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2005, 08:16:38 PM »

Fellow - lol, did you see where G4TV was saying that the original "special" faceplates from E3 don't even fit the final Xbox 360?  KD - you had one, any idea if this is true?  You know, the one with the green cirles?

Also... that contest is just too much - I'd rather pay for the system than try and figure that out.   :?

They don't make a diet Mountain Dew for us diabetics, do they?  :cry:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 08:17:38 PM »

1-9 = 1-9

Erm. Let's not forget the important character 0.

decimal is from deca (means 10)
hexadecimal is from hex and decimal (6and10 or "16")

smile Normal math (common use) is decimal or Base10. Basically, it means each character is out of a possible 10 combinations. Hex extends it by 6 characters to be a total of 16 values in one character. Since there isn't a common character following, they substitute letters to mean :
0 = zero
1-9 = one to nine
A = ten
B = eleven
C = twelve
D = thirteen
E = fourteen
F = fifteen
There is no sixteenth character; 0 (zero) counts (although it's just a placeholder for null).

Remember grade 4 math, with the "ones" column, the "tens" column, "hundreds" column, etc? This is how it breaks down:

Base10 is 0,1-9  ... so the number 4023 = (4x1000) + (0x100) + (2x10) + (3x1)
Base16 is 0,1-9,A-F ... so the number FB7 = (15x16) + (11x16) + (7x1)

FB7 is the Hex form of 4023. You can doublecheck by running windows calculator, and turning it to scientific. Type in 4023 and then on the left click on the Hex radio button.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:10 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Fellow - lol, did you see where G4TV was saying that the original "special" faceplates from E3 don't even fit the final Xbox 360?  KD - you had one, any idea if this is true?  You know, the one with the green cirles?

Also... that contest is just too much - I'd rather pay for the system than try and figure that out.   :?

Had one - was smart enough to sell it.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 08:27:40 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"

1-9 = 1-9

Erm. Let's not forget the important character 0.

decimal is from deca (means 10)
hexadecimal is from hex and decimal (6and10 or "16")

smile Normal math (common use) is decimal or Base10. Basically, it means each character is out of a possible 10 combinations. Hex extends it by 6 characters to be a total of 16 values in one character. Since there isn't a common character following, they substitute letters to mean :
0 = zero
1-9 = one to nine
A = ten
B = eleven
C = twelve
D = thirteen
E = fourteen
F = fifteen
There is no sixteenth character; 0 (zero) counts (although it's just a placeholder for null).

Remember grade 4 math, with the "ones" column, the "tens" column, "hundreds" column, etc? This is how it breaks down:

Base10 is 0,1-9  ... so the number 4023 = (4x1000) + (0x100) + (2x10) + (3x1)
Base16 is 0,1-9,A-F ... so the number FB7 = (15x16) + (11x16) + (7x1)

FB7 is the Hex form of 4023. You can doublecheck by running windows calculator, and turning it to scientific. Type in 4023 and then on the left click on the Hex radio button.

I didn't wanna confuse him any more than I probably did.  You've got that covered now it seems. slywink

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 08:52:05 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"

They do make a diet mountain dew and it is horrendous. sadly, I don't even drink caffeinated drinks, so I'm left with Sierra Mist... /shudder

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 09:05:10 PM »

Diet Code Red Mt. Dew isn't half bad...
depward

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 09:06:39 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"
Diet Code Red Mt. Dew isn't half bad...

I used to drink 2-3 20 ounces of that stuff when I was at school in Reno.  And yes, it's probably my favorite diet drink.  Too bad I can't buy it here ANYWHERE   :cry:

Any Diet Coke is good as well as Diet Dr. Pepper.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2005, 06:51:41 AM »

I didn't wanna confuse him any more than I probably did.  You've got that covered now it seems. slywink

Bah. I left out Octimal and Binary... ooo, and Binary anding for IP routing. And MAC addresses, and ARP.

Anyone got the OSI model lyin' around? slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2005, 07:24:50 AM »

Purge, please calm down... you've been drinking too much Code Red or Red Bull, or Code Bull coffee, or something!

Besides, everyone knows that Hexadecimal is just a character on the cartoon "Reboot"... and we all know that cartoons aren't real... soooo..... Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2005, 03:05:16 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
Bah. I left out Octimal and Binary... ooo, and Binary anding for IP routing. And MAC addresses, and ARP.

Anyone got the OSI model lyin' around? slywink

*giggle*

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: