http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 08:41:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 hacked!  (Read 941 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2006, 03:40:23 PM »

Here is the link

Here is the information about what this means.

With read and write support to the Xbox 360 harddisk and memcard it means you'll be able to share gamesaves over the internet, 360gamesaves.com has a gamesaves database and upload script waiting to be used :-)
You can connect your Xbox 360 HD on your PC via an SATA controller, the memorycard can be connected via USB (see how here or here).
The Xbox360 saves are usually in /content/<profileID>/<titleID>/ of partition3 on your Xbox 360 HD. Xbox 360 gamesaves can be transfered to another Xbox 360 console and profile, but all 'LIVE achievements' will be disabled of course (achievements are linked to the LIVE profile). A dumbed down version of xplorer360 made specially for gamesaves manipulation will be released soon which should make it easier for beginners to find their gamesaves.

Also interesting - this tool will allow you to move over your old Xbox 1 gamesaves to your Xbox 360 (they will probably have to go somewhere in /partition3/H2/TDATA and /partition3/H2/UDATA), something that was impossible up to now.

The part I find neat, cool, great is that you can move your Xbox 1 saved games over!  I like the 360 a lot more now.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 03:49:25 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Here is the link

Here is the information about what this means.

With read and write support to the Xbox 360 harddisk and memcard it means you'll be able to share gamesaves over the internet, 360gamesaves.com has a gamesaves database and upload script waiting to be used :-)
You can connect your Xbox 360 HD on your PC via an SATA controller, the memorycard can be connected via USB (see how here or here).
The Xbox360 saves are usually in /content/<profileID>/<titleID>/ of partition3 on your Xbox 360 HD. Xbox 360 gamesaves can be transfered to another Xbox 360 console and profile, but all 'LIVE achievements' will be disabled of course (achievements are linked to the LIVE profile). A dumbed down version of xplorer360 made specially for gamesaves manipulation will be released soon which should make it easier for beginners to find their gamesaves.

Also interesting - this tool will allow you to move over your old Xbox 1 gamesaves to your Xbox 360 (they will probably have to go somewhere in /partition3/H2/TDATA and /partition3/H2/UDATA), something that was impossible up to now.

The part I find neat, cool, great is that you can move your Xbox 1 saved games over!  I like the 360 a lot more now.

Huh, its really cool what people do when they just randomly decide to hack stuff. Neat.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »

Quote from: "Calvin"

Huh, its really cool what people do when they just randomly decide to hack stuff. Neat.

Yes it is cool.  I am always amazed at people who can figure this stuff out.  I certainly appreciate their efforts.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 04:46:52 PM »

Quote from: "farley2k"
Quote from: "Calvin"

Yes it is cool.  I am always amazed at people who can figure this stuff out.  I certainly appreciate their efforts.

Yeah me too, but you know what my problem is? I can never end up being bothered to make the stuff works becuase its usually jsut a few steps more complicated than what I want to bother with smile
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 06:43:48 PM »

Moving old Xbox saves has been my number one complaint with backwards compatibility (even over number of titles available).  

I had heard about this hack coming, and I'm very excited.  However, my fear is that it will somehow be illegal or void the warranty.  

On the other hand, my hope is that MS will make it legal themselves.

On the other other hand, my fear is that they will instead focus on making this hack not work.  Actually, that's not so much a fear as a certainty.

On the fourth hand, maybe MS will see that there is a need for this, make the hack not work, but allow moving old Xbox saves.

I go through this with everything.  Is it any wonder why I don't sleep at night?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 01:00:46 AM »

Yeah, moving over your Xbox 1 saves is neat and all, but when the Backwards Compatibility is next to crap (see how poor Fable and Ninja Gaiden Black play for two good examples), why would you want to do so in the first place?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 01:28:52 AM »

Wow, some people must have alot of time on there hands, see I'm the type of guy that takes advantage of this stuff after a tutorial is released on how to do it.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 06:32:22 AM »

Yeah, moving over your Xbox 1 saves is neat and all, but when the Backwards Compatibility is next to crap (see how poor Fable and Ninja Gaiden Black play for two good examples), why would you want to do so in the first place?

I guess 'cause I assume they will eventually get it right.  But for me, if I can't move my saves, I'm not going to be playing Ninja Gaiden Black or Fable on the 360 anyway, because I sure as hell am not going through all of that again.  But the problem is, I have a hard time continuing to play on the Xbox because I know it could look better and be played with a wireless controller (and I'm holding out hope that I'll be able to move my saves, but maybe someday I will just start over, but I know I won't...damnit, there I go again).  So, they wind up just collecting dust.

Also, I'm going to be avoiding Black and Getting Up, two games I was very much looking anticipating, because I don't want to get started on them then have to start over when they do become BC.  But if I knew I'd be able to move my saves, I'd buy them right away and start playing immediately.  This'll go for future Xbox releases, too.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: