http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 06:17:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 360 Backward Compatible List Soon  (Read 1060 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2005, 04:29:37 PM »

Peter Moore talking to Game Informer at X05A list of backwards-compatible Xbox titles for the 360 will go up on Xbox.com sometime next week, according to an interview with MS marketing VP Peter Moore (and J Allard) at GameInformer.com.

Moore had a lot of interesting things to say in the interview, but the things that stood out in our minds concerned 360 backwards compatibility. First, the list of BC titles will go up on Xbox.com and then get updated as more games “get through certification.” Also, auto-updates of newly compatible titles may occur in the background and you could possibly be notified via e-mail and/or the web. An ominous warning was given, however, that updates will continue ”ntil consumers show lack of interest, then we will move on.”

Considering the deluge of similar-sounding interviews and roundtables last week (most trying to get J to say something negative about the 360 launch), we hope you’ll understandable how we missed this bit of info from X05, but we’ll definitely make a report when the BC list (or the more important official launch list) finally gets released.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000607062969/

Should be interesting.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 04:57:40 PM »

This won't influence my decision to buy; but I'm hoping that the list is comprehensive enough that I can remove my XBox from my TV and just substitute the 360...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

I have two Xbox games I've never played that I need to get to soon because I don't see them showing up on this list anytime soon... Phantom Dust & Metal Arms.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »

Phantom Dust is an amazing game (once you get into making sets and balancing them).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 06:29:55 PM »

Looking forward to the list.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 08:41:16 PM »

Anybody play Crimson Skies: High Road to Adventure?
I'd love to be able to play that...better yet, I'd love to see a new game in the franchise but I'm not sure who even holds the right to the license at this point.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:48:45 PM »

Considering Crimson Skies was made by FASA (which is owned by Microsoft), I'd say MS owns the rights to it.  I haven't played it in a long time, but man that was an enjoyable game.  There were rumors that a second one was in development, but no word from MS as of yet.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 08:49:13 PM »

Do you mean high road to revenge? THe XBox title? If so, then yes I have played it (and so have many on this forum), and it may be in my top...3 of the entire XBox console history. If you havent played it, then it is well worth whatever discounted price its available for today.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2005, 09:15:51 PM »

They bundle it with Cheerios, and it comes with full versions of both Nightcasters and Mechassault 2.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2005, 09:25:22 PM »

Yeah, considering it was also the Live! headset pack-in (and still is?) Crimson Skies will most likely be a BC title.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: