http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 07:28:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 45489 times)
forgeforsaken
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 19, 2013, 08:26:27 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on November 19, 2013, 08:23:06 PM

What live streams do you guys watch? It's a feature I don't really get. If I want to play a game I'd rather not be spoiled by someone else's live stream.

I mostly only watched PC stuff like League of Legends.  I think competitive games are where this stuff shines though should be great for Let's Plays as well.  I tend not to watch those personally, though some like Dark Souls have been great.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1961 on: November 19, 2013, 08:31:44 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 19, 2013, 08:26:27 PM

Quote from: Teggy on November 19, 2013, 08:23:06 PM

What live streams do you guys watch? It's a feature I don't really get. If I want to play a game I'd rather not be spoiled by someone else's live stream.

I mostly only watched PC stuff like League of Legends.  I think competitive games are where this stuff shines though should be great for Let's Plays as well.  I tend not to watch those personally, though some like Dark Souls have been great.

I've used it to watch games that I have more than a passing interest on but haven't decided to pull the trigger on.  I used it to watch someone playing WarZ (or whatever they want to call it) so I could see how well it was polished and how the online community played.  I also used it recently to watch Knack before launch. 

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:18 PM »

I think Dark Souls is kinda fun to watch, seeing how various players get destroyed.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 20, 2013, 05:06:42 AM »

Polygon Review.   The future is here.

The Xbox One is an impressive marriage of software and hardware that raises the bar in terms of what we expect from a living room machine. Looking forward more than it looks back, the Xbox One feels like it's from the future.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 20, 2013, 05:10:45 AM »

Cnet review matched PS4's.    3.5 stars for both systems.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: November 20, 2013, 05:52:59 AM »

I think the ultimate conclusion we can draw is that both systems were rushed and probably needed another year in the oven.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 20, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »

Preparing for Shipment!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1967 on: November 20, 2013, 07:33:19 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 20, 2013, 07:24:22 AM

Preparing for Shipment!

Hmmm... "Not yet shipped".   disgust

Sandwiches do fix everything.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1968 on: November 20, 2013, 07:37:34 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 20, 2013, 05:52:59 AM

I think the ultimate conclusion we can draw is that both systems were rushed and probably needed another year in the oven.

While I haven't used it yet, the PS4 certainly doesn't seem rushed to me. Everything it advertised works smoothly from what I can tell.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 20, 2013, 09:01:01 AM »

Kotaku Xbox One Review

very lengthy read

The Xbox One is trying some very cool new things, and it's launching alongside some very fun games. But there are so many rough edges, and the software feels incomplete. Do you need to have an Xbox One?

Not Yet

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
g2gdotcom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 20, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »

I heard PS4 have a lot of issues.  icon_neutral
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 20, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »

Quote from: g2gdotcom on November 20, 2013, 09:51:29 AM

I heard PS4 have a lot of issues.  icon_neutral

What kind of issues?

A new one
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 20, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »

IGN doesn't have a score up but what they do have is 23 minutes of unedited video of one of the producers using the xbox.   

I'm excited for Friday, but I can see where some frustration will crop up using the voice features

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1973 on: November 20, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »

So far, 0.4% issue rate. That's very low.

However, since there was a million sold on launch day, that still means that 0.4% is a lot of people out of 1 million.

At the same time, many reports indicate Sony is on top of the situation, quickly issuing replacements and helping people repair where they can.

They've released info already about the problems, instead of dancing around the issue like MS did with the red ring errors early on.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1974 on: November 20, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 20, 2013, 10:38:33 AM

They've released info already about the problems, instead of dancing around the issue like MS did with the red ring errors early on.

To be fair, that remains to be seen. We, as customers, might not get the full picture until well after this issue has blown over.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1975 on: November 20, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »

There is always going to be issues. Under 1% is excellent, sure it sucks for those involved but there needs to be some realism around it rather than an excuse to bitch at Sony.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: November 20, 2013, 12:12:26 PM »

While I haven't used it yet, the PS4 certainly doesn't seem rushed to me. Everything it advertised works smoothly from what I can tell.

Go read reviews. There are numerous examples of the UI being unpolished, missing features, and of course the big elephant in the room - the numerous hardware issues.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 20, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 20, 2013, 12:12:26 PM

Go read reviews. There are numerous examples of the UI being unpolished, missing features, and of course the big elephant in the room - the numerous hardware issues.

YK both consoles in my opinion are unfinished products.  The PS4 people play today won't be the same PS4 come this time next year.  It's the same with MS.. must of the reviews I've read have been very luke warm for the XB1.  They can see the potential, but it's not there yet, but I fully expect and it has been shown with the previous generation the MS & Sony will tweak the user experience for their respective consoles

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 20, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 20, 2013, 10:36:01 AM

IGN doesn't have a score up but what they do have is 23 minutes of unedited video of one of the producers using the xbox.   

I'm excited for Friday, but I can see where some frustration will crop up using the voice features

Wow, that was not a flattering video at all.

Also, it takes 1 minute and 8 seconds to boot the machine?!?!? Ugh....glad I'm waiting. Hopefully they iron this stuff out, soon.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 20, 2013, 12:24:03 PM »

is it Friday yet?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: November 20, 2013, 12:45:22 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 20, 2013, 12:21:37 PM

Also, it takes 1 minute and 8 seconds to boot the machine?!?!? Ugh....glad I'm waiting. Hopefully they iron this stuff out, soon.
I thought it took 22 seconds? Obviously, both consoles are unfinished-that's what's so great about the whole thing. Look at the PS3 at the beginning of the generation and at the end. If Sony does the same with the PS4 then it will be the greatest console off all time by the end of this new gen.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1981 on: November 20, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »

The hardware issues are, as has been pointed out before, nothing unique to the Playstation 4. You'll see the same thing with the Xbox One next week. Unpolished and missing features? Hardly. It has everything it advertised.

The Xbox One on the other hand is being heavily criticized today for features it has been advertising and promoting as its unique strengths. The voice integration with Kinect is apparently frustrating and inaccurate, picking up false positives and not reacting at all when the user is actually trying to make it do something. The Snap feature leaves some reviewers puzzled as to its actual usefulness, and also causes slowdowns and other issues, such as the web browser becoming useless when snapped. The HDMI Through signal is processed, downsampled and reduced to stereo sound, making it useless to anyone with a home theater setup. These are actual symptoms of a rushed console. The PS4 works smoothly, even if it doesn't have everything people might have wanted from it right now. The Xbox One on the other hand doesn't work smoothly. That's what I'm talking about.

Read Engadget's and The Verge's first impressions (those are the only ones I've read myself so far, so I can't say anything about any other reviews out there) of the Xbox One for a sobering view of these new features and how they work (and how they don't).

Both consoles are going to improve and reach their potential over time, but the Xbox One comes out of the gate stumbling. This is in line with the reports from, among others, CBOAT and should be no surprise to anyone.

I really don't care if the Xbox One stumbles, but you excuse it by saying the PS4 did the same. It didn't. It really didn't.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 20, 2013, 12:55:38 PM »

I have to chuckle.    The PS4 launched less than a week ago to reviews that, based on about an hour of comparing late last night, were either equal or a notch below those of the Xbone.   Somehow that translates to some of you as the PS4 being the OMGZ GREATAST EVAR TROUNCE XBONEZZZZZZZZZzzzz #spittlethroughretainer.

I've read review after review of the Bone last night and they range from equal to a notch better than the PS4.   
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 20, 2013, 12:56:40 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 20, 2013, 12:45:22 PM

I thought it took 22 seconds? Obviously, both consoles are unfinished-that's what's so great about the whole thing. Look at the PS3 at the beginning of the generation and at the end. If Sony does the same with the PS4 then it will be the greatest console off all time by the end of this new gen.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-hardware-test

an Xbox One cold boot takes a remarkable one minute, eight seconds to complete

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1984 on: November 20, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 20, 2013, 12:55:38 PM

I have to chuckle.    The PS4 launched less than a week ago to reviews that, based on about an hour of comparing late last night, were either equal or a notch below those of the Xbone.   Somehow that translates to some of you as the PS4 being the OMGZ GREATAST EVAR TROUNCE XBONEZZZZZZZZZzzzz #spittlethroughretainer.

Not at all. The impressions are overall very positive in the first impressions. There are very clear flaws being pointed out about the Xbox One's implementation though, flaws that are written about in these reviews/impressions.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 20, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 20, 2013, 12:56:40 PM

So what?  My PS4 cold boot (not from standby) takes a remarkable 40 seconds to boot.   I seldom have the thing completely shut down.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 20, 2013, 01:02:54 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 20, 2013, 12:50:51 PM

The hardware issues are, as has been pointed out before, nothing unique to the Playstation 4. You'll see the same thing with the Xbox One next week. Unpolished and missing features? Hardly. It has everything it advertised.

The Xbox One on the other hand is being heavily criticized today for features it has been advertising and promoting as its unique strengths. The voice integration with Kinect is apparently frustrating and inaccurate, picking up false positives and not reacting at all when the user is actually trying to make it do something. The Snap feature leaves some reviewers puzzled as to its actual usefulness, and also causes slowdowns and other issues, such as the web browser becoming useless when snapped. The HDMI Through signal is processed, downsampled and reduced to stereo sound, making it useless to anyone with a home theater setup. These are actual symptoms of a rushed console. The PS4 works smoothly, even if it doesn't have everything people might have wanted from it right now. The Xbox One on the other hand doesn't work smoothly. That's what I'm talking about.

Read Engadget's and The Verge's first impressions (those are the only ones I've read myself so far, so I can't say anything about any other reviews out there) of the Xbox One for a sobering view of these new features and how they work (and how they don't).

Both consoles are going to improve and reach their potential over time, but the Xbox One comes out of the gate stumbling. This is in line with the reports from, among others, CBOAT and should be no surprise to anyone.

I really don't care if the Xbox One stumbles, but you excuse it by saying the PS4 did the same. It didn't. It really didn't.

I think you do care if MS stumbles.  You've shown that you have a preference for Sony and PS4 and that's fine, but if you think Sony's launch hasn't stumbled with system failures and PSN issues then you are just being blind

I expect MS will have similar issues and I agree missing functionality initially promised is worrisome, but if it rolled out and was a bust then MS would have taken more of a beating so I would rather for them to get it right

NiM$
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 20, 2013, 01:03:05 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 20, 2013, 12:55:38 PM

I have to chuckle.    The PS4 launched less than a week ago to reviews that, based on about an hour of comparing late last night, were either equal or a notch below those of the Xbone.   Somehow that translates to some of you as the PS4 being the OMGZ GREATAST EVAR TROUNCE XBONEZZZZZZZZZzzzz #spittlethroughretainer.

I've read review after review of the Bone last night and they range from equal to a notch better than the PS4.  

You have to remember that the Xbone is $100 more expensive. It seems that the $100 you are spending for a "premium" experience is wasted right now...since lots of the stuff is broken. I mean, did you see the IGN uncut demo video. That was pretty painful to watch. To say that voice recognition is broken, is an understatement. How in the world are you supposed to "snap" things (the thing that makes it worth $100 more than the PS4, according to some), when the Xbox can't figure out what you are saying?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 01:05:55 PM by Hetz » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 20, 2013, 01:04:04 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 20, 2013, 01:01:26 PM

Quote from: Hetz on November 20, 2013, 12:56:40 PM

So what?  My PS4 cold boot (not from standby) takes a remarkable 40 seconds to boot.   I seldom have the thing completely shut down.

You do realize that is 28 seconds less than the Xbone, right?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1989 on: November 20, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 20, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

I think you do care if MS stumbles.  You've shown that you have a preference for Sony and PS4 and that's fine, but if you think Sony's launch hasn't stumbled with system failures and PSN issues then you are just being blind

The PS4 has indeed had disappointing PSN performance in the first few days from what I've been reading (remember, I don't have any of these new consoles yet). I'm not ignoring it, it's just not a flaw in the PS4 itself, unlike the things I mentioned above. The system failures are, at least according to Sony, present in less than 1% of the sold systems and well within expected parameters, so those I am indeed ignoring, just as I will ignore reports of system failures for the Xbox One within those same parameters.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: November 20, 2013, 01:08:58 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 20, 2013, 01:05:55 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 20, 2013, 01:02:54 PM

The PS4 has indeed had disappointing PSN performance in the first few days from what I've been reading (remember, I don't have any of these new consoles yet). I'm not ignoring it, it's just not a flaw in the PS4 itself, unlike the things I mentioned above. The system failures are, at least according to Sony, present in less than 1% of the sold systems and well within expected parameters, so those I am indeed ignoring, just as I will ignore reports of system failures for the Xbox One within those same parameters.

PSN performance has been bad, though not multiplayer or store performance....just some of the dynamic menu things, like the "What's New" thing and the dynamic Menus for the games. Other than the very first day, I have not had any problems downloading items from the store or playing multiplayer games. Works perfectly.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 20, 2013, 01:12:30 PM »

The potential is there but man was that ever painful. When I play games I want to relax, I don't want to be shouting at my console and I certainly don't want to be repeating myself. If this is the improved Kinect then what in the world was the first one like? I think I'm going to have to put myself in the camp who don't like squares all over the place. That looked really confusing. To be fair, I haven't seen how the Sony system works yet so I can't really compare. I do know that if I had a Xbox One I would be using the controller for everything.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 20, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »

You guys really are being a bunch of assholes.

It's just ridiculous that a group of guys who have been together for so long are arguing that a system that boots up faster than another some how is a big deal.

It's really REALLY pathetic.

How about this. Guys who like the PS4 say what they like about the PS4. Guys who like the XB1 say what the like about the XB1...and nary a negative word about the other platform happens?  Can you children make that happen?

I wish this thread would get locked.  It's degrading for all involved.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1993 on: November 20, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »

Dude, it's one thread that's made for fightin'

Wait, did I just write, "Dude?"

Looks like this thread is getting to me too! Tongue
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »

Haha, you guys all bought consoles!

A new one
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: November 20, 2013, 01:35:55 PM »

I like the PS4. It boots quickly. Happy now?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 20, 2013, 01:40:29 PM »

Yeah, its time for a lock.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1997 on: November 20, 2013, 01:43:44 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 20, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

Yeah, its time for a lock.

Nah, no lock is necessary.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »

There's still two more days left! What will MSD do with his extra time?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 20, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »

Wait is the XB1 really only doing stereo for hdmi pass through?
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: