http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 01:55:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 42438 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: November 11, 2013, 02:27:06 AM »

Yeah I got the code too... I really can't decide what to use it on. If I thought Madden would be any good that'd be a no brainer but I expect it to largely be awful. NBA2K14 is pretty, but basketball doesn't interest me much... so it's between Killzone (and I already have Ghosts on PS4 and BF4 on PC) or NFS Rivals. Not sold on either.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1321 on: November 11, 2013, 02:33:13 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 10, 2013, 06:48:28 PM

I'm also feeling my interest level rising on Knack for PS4.    Does anyone have any impressions on that one?

Skylanders, without the different characters or toys. Apparently (as was stated above) that it is challenging on the hardest level.

It's still just running around smashing garbage cans/cars/etc to collect shards - but when you shrink down you can't reuse them. It's neat to see a particle-based character, but there doesn't feel like a lot of soul is in it. I dunno. I'd feel OK with my kid playing it, but it was far from the kind of gaming that compels me - and I like the SWAP Force game.

Also, the storyline (from what I've seen) is, well, Astroboy (the most recent movie).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 11, 2013, 02:35:54 AM »

Quote from: gellar on November 11, 2013, 02:27:06 AM

Yeah I got the code too... I really can't decide what to use it on. If I thought Madden would be any good that'd be a no brainer but I expect it to largely be awful. NBA2K14 is pretty, but basketball doesn't interest me much... so it's between Killzone (and I already have Ghosts on PS4 and BF4 on PC) or NFS Rivals. Not sold on either.

Why are people thinking Madden will be bad?    I haven't seen any next gen reviews for it?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 11, 2013, 02:45:09 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 11, 2013, 02:35:54 AM

Why are people thinking Madden will be bad?    I haven't seen any next gen reviews for it?
EA has been phoning in their sports games for a while.  Especially Madden where they have no competition.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 11, 2013, 02:46:55 AM »

I guessing it will probably have some new shineys, but not much of an improvement over the old gen version we got this year.  I skipped the old gen release, but may grab the XB1 version if I can get it for free.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 11, 2013, 02:53:55 AM »

Just cause we've seen so very, very little of it. I'd think if it was any good at all we'd be hearing/seeing a lot more.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 11, 2013, 03:24:09 AM »

Aren't the first release of all EA sports games on the new generation of consoles always terrible? I've always gotten that impression.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 11, 2013, 03:30:25 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 11, 2013, 02:45:09 AM

EA has been phoning in their sports games for a while.  Especially Madden where they have no competition.

Oh, well I knew that.   I just wondered if it was especially bad this year, or just normal updating of the rosters + a little next gen graphics or something.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 11, 2013, 04:48:53 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 11, 2013, 01:59:23 AM

Finally got to see the Xbox One in person today at Best Buy. (They still don't have a visible PS4 unit). First impressions were that it was smaller than I expected, as was the Kinect. Which is a good thing. Of course, everything looks smaller in Best Buy. I was trying to show my mom what a 42" TV looked like and walked immediately to the 50 inch TVs. Then I realized the 42 inch ones were the ones shoved in the back that looked like computer monitors.

At the Best Buy near me they just have the mock XBone....that is like a XBone that has been cut in half and placed In one of those plastic bubble demo units. It's made to look like the real thing, but it's not. It just runs a demo video. I had heard that the only actual demo units were in Microsoft stores.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 11, 2013, 05:16:50 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 11, 2013, 12:49:31 AM

Quote from: Zinfan on November 10, 2013, 11:49:11 PM

Quote from: msduncan on November 10, 2013, 06:53:57 PM

How many of you are taking Friday off to take shipment of your PS4?

Can't take Friday's off, my hours are 4pm til midnight and I'm the only one scheduled to work Friday swing shift.

UPS usual delivery for my house is around 5pm so the box will have to sit there on the stoop unless the wife is home and grabs it.

Same for the Xbox the week after but I'm not too worried, my house is off the street and you would have to walk past 4 other houses to get to mine, never had a problem with missing stuff.

retire already! (oh yeah, and move to Indy)  ninja

20 months to go, I promise to ride my motorcycle through Indy on my way to South America.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 11, 2013, 05:31:23 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 11, 2013, 03:24:09 AM

Aren't the first release of all EA sports games on the new generation of consoles always terrible? I've always gotten that impression.

Usually. What generally happens is that they improve the visuals a bit but then remove most of the features (e.g. game modes, AI (although Madden doesn't have much of that anyway), etc.) that are in the current gen version.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 11, 2013, 09:58:16 AM »

Is it too late to post more resokutiongate news? I'll just leave this here so that TiLT doesn't need to. I have no idea how reputable this website or this Marcus character is though so take it with a grain of salt. Too bad we couldn't just have all the reviews at once and then then there would be no rumors.
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/assassins-creed-iv-worse-on-xbox-one/
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1332 on: November 11, 2013, 10:15:01 AM »

While the rumor is believable enough, I wouldn't exactly call those great sources. Marcus Beer is reasonably trustworthy, but the way in which he delivered that comment made the whole thing seem kind of... vague. Not that it matters much. We're likely to get a final overview of resolutions tomorrow for most launch games, I would think.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1333 on: November 11, 2013, 12:41:18 PM »

If it were true, it wouldn't matter as much with AC4 since that game is still cross gen, not going to make best use of these consoles.

Plus it's click bait from a less known site.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 11, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 11, 2013, 09:58:16 AM

Is it too late to post more resokutiongate news? I'll just leave this here so that TiLT doesn't need to. I have no idea how reputable this website or this Marcus character is though so take it with a grain of salt. Too bad we couldn't just have all the reviews at once and then then there would be no rumors.
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/assassins-creed-iv-worse-on-xbox-one/

On the whole this was a decently non biased article.   They mention the report that the graphics suffer on the Xbone but go on to explain how devs are having to get used to the architecture.    It's frightening how similar this gen launch is to the last gen.  The difference is that the systems flipped roles.

I make mental note that the PS3 turned out to be my favorite of the past gen.  Can M$ do that with the Xbone?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: November 11, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »

PS4 bad news. The dashboard seems to suck and be large as hell. Why couldn't they just stick with the good thing they had going?
http://kotaku.com/a-video-showing-how-the-ps4-dashboard-actually-works-1461954112
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:04 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 11, 2013, 12:52:53 PM

PS4 bad news. The dashboard seems to suck and be large as hell. Why couldn't they just stick with the good thing they had going?
http://kotaku.com/a-video-showing-how-the-ps4-dashboard-actually-works-1461954112

I wouldn't go as far to say it sucks. It's similar to the XMB. It also didn't go very in depth at all into it. I want to see more of the UI before I pass judgement.

I hate the Metro style of the Xb1 UI....but I wouldn't say it sucks. I just hate the look of it and the whole activity feed thing they have. It just looks way too much like Windows 8, which I can't stand. It's a functional UI though. It's just too bad they had to reserve 10% of the GPU to run it.  frown

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 11, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 11, 2013, 04:48:53 AM

Finally got to see the Xbox One in person today at Best Buy. (They still don't have a visible PS4 unit). First impressions were that it was smaller than I expected, as was the Kinect. Which is a good thing. Of course, everything looks smaller in Best Buy. I was trying to show my mom what a 42" TV looked like and walked immediately to the 50 inch TVs. Then I realized the 42 inch ones were the ones shoved in the back that looked like computer monitors.

At the Best Buy near me they just have the mock XBone....that is like a XBone that has been cut in half and placed In one of those plastic bubble demo units. It's made to look like the real thing, but it's not. It just runs a demo video. I had heard that the only actual demo units were in Microsoft stores.

My store had a display.  To me, it looked like the unit just slid into the cardboard display behind it, not that it was cut in half.  It was just running videos, though, same as the PS4 display.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 11, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »

I was actually at Best Buy on Saturday and I got some playtime with the PS4.  I played some mining game which was pretty fun in short time I spent with it.  They also had the XB1 but no game demo just videos running. 

I did like the feel of the PS4 Dual Shock controller in my huge hands, but I like MS and Sony's controller

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1339 on: November 11, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »

I've been using the ds4 to play games on steam - not happy that Sony hasn't put up a driver as buttons 1-18 don't map ingame. Hit 3 to jump is not much help. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 11, 2013, 02:29:39 PM »

AC4 looks worse on XB1

http://gearnuke.com/multiple-sources-hint-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-sub-1080p-xbox-one/

Last week, we brought you news of Bungie’s Destiny possibly running at a sub-1080p on the Xbox One in its alpha phase, based on the words of a tester.

It appears that the latest entrant in Ubisoft’s popular franchise, Assassin’s Creed, suffers a similar fate on Microsoft’s next-gen console. During the latest episode of his weekly show, Annoyed Gamer, game journalist Marcus Beer briefly talks about a visible difference between the two next-gen console versions of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. According to him, the Xbox One version looks “fuzzier” and “strained”, while the PS4 version looks “sharper”, “crisper”, and has “better draw distances”.

Sounds like there is another victim of the Xb1's ESRAM.... frown

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1341 on: November 11, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 11, 2013, 02:29:39 PM

That's the same source that was linked to in the article Canuck posted earlier.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 11, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »

Am I the only one left on planet earth that thinks that Xbox 360's original interface was the best I've experienced on any console?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1343 on: November 11, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »

In other news, ps4s version of AC4,  looks worse than PC. Looks like another case of portitis. Tongue

Line up the dead horses, and warm up your batting arm. slywink

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1344 on: November 11, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »

It was good, but I'm looking forward to the xb1s... Having used a proper metro UI that isn't a shoehorned compromise - it should be pretty awesome.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 11, 2013, 02:44:39 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 11, 2013, 02:06:20 AM

When the LSU fans come to town, they bring a giant party with them that affects everyone.  smile

Sadly, that's all LSU brought.  We do know how to party, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1346 on: November 11, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 11, 2013, 02:39:29 PM

It was good, but I'm looking forward to the xb1s... Having used a proper metro UI that isn't a shoehorned compromise - it should be pretty awesome.

Atari 2600's was pretty damned good too.   Stick cartridge in, select play mode, play.   
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 11, 2013, 02:46:42 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 11, 2013, 02:44:39 PM

When the LSU fans come to town, they bring a giant party with them that affects everyone.  smile

LSU fans get a bad rap for nothing.  They are always some of the best fans that come into town.  They trash talk like nobody's business, but hugs all around and great food and companionship.
Hetz

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1348 on: November 11, 2013, 02:48:04 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 11, 2013, 02:37:50 PM

In other news, ps4s version of AC4,  looks worse than PC. Looks like another case of portitis. Tongue

Line up the dead horses, and warm up your batting arm. slywink

No, you are doing it wrong...use these actual MS excuses they have used on Twitter/Interviews....

People can't tell the difference anyway

Sit further away from your TV

720p was intentional for balance

Some people say 720p looks better than 1080p

It about the gameplay not graphics anyway

Have you seen Titanfall?

icon_wink

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 11, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 11, 2013, 02:46:42 PM

Quote from: The Grue on November 11, 2013, 02:44:39 PM

LSU fans get a bad rap for nothing.  They are always some of the best fans that come into town.  They trash talk like nobody's business, but hugs all around and great food and companionship.

Hey, at least we don't teabag passed out opposing fans, unlike some crimson-colored southern schools. slywink

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1350 on: November 11, 2013, 03:34:34 PM »

So tired of resolutiongate. How many of these people so worried about 180p difference every made sure they bought the latest $700 video card for their PC so they got the absolute best graphic experience possible for every PC game?

At this point I'll gladly take the slight graphic depreciation in exchange for Xbox Fitness, the UI, the voice integration, and actual games to play on launch day that don't start with Killzone or Knack.

I'll be so glad when Friday gets here so the PS4 fanboys will be too busy jacking off to their new PS4 to worry about posting shit about the Xbox.

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 11, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 11, 2013, 03:34:34 PM

So tired of resolutiongate. How many of these people so worried about 180p difference every made sure they bought the latest $700 video card for their PC so they got the absolute best graphic experience possible for every PC game?

At this point I'll gladly take the slight graphic depreciation in exchange for Xbox Fitness, the UI, the voice integration, and actual games to play on launch day that don't start with Killzone or Knack.

I'll be so glad when Friday gets here so the PS4 fanboys will be too busy jacking off to their new PS4 to worry about posting shit about the Xbox.

eek

Keep your fantasy about Hetz's launch day to yourself please.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1352 on: November 11, 2013, 03:41:38 PM »

Where's that South Park image?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1353 on: November 11, 2013, 03:46:09 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 11, 2013, 03:34:34 PM

You've got your opinion and others have got theirs. No reason to get agitated about the fact that getting the most of out your TV is important to other people even if it's not important to you.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 11, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »

Quote from: TiLT
You've got your opinion and others have got theirs. No reason to get agitated about the fact that getting the most of out your TV is important to other people even if it's not important to you.

This isn't about people calmly talking about how to get the most out of their TV. Please. And I'm not referring to this forum specifically. I'm talking about the wider internet celebration every time a resolution difference is spotted and hundreds of PS4 fans gleefully pile on to celebrate another small victory in their penis console comparison contest.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1355 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »

I'm not seeing this celebration you're speaking of. I'm seeing plenty of talk about clusterfucks, quite a bit of "don't care", and some anguish.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 11, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »

Just for reference.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:02:10 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 11, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »

For a real-world example, would it be apt to compare the way an over-the-air HD broadcast looks compared to a blu-ray movie?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 11, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 11, 2013, 01:34:05 PM

they have yet to come to the boonies.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 11, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »

It's not that great a difference because it's being upscaled to 1080p. It's not just running 900p flat.

There's no way anyone is noticing a difference between 900p upscaled and native 1080p without standing 2-3 feet away doing a side by side comparison. And even then most people would not be able to tell.

Differences in lighting/textures/draw distances between the two consoles? Sure, I can buy that. But people are confusing resolution with other things that have absolutely nothing to do with resolution.

P.S. A lot of my frustration comes from this - people (random internet people in general) just don't understand what they're jawing about.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:04:53 PM by YellowKing » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: