http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 04:49:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 38711 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1200 on: November 09, 2013, 02:41:19 PM »

Guys give it a rest, or I'm just going to lock every console related thread until the 22nd.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1201 on: November 09, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »

Hey, I still might get an Xbox day 1 due to Dead Rising 3 and TitanFall. Who knew actually focusing on the games would get sales?

Wait, shouldn't I be doing all the super angry fanboying here? Are you guys having fun without me?
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 09, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 09, 2013, 02:44:50 PM

Hey, I still might get an Xbox day 1 due to Dead Rising 3 and TitanFall. Who knew actually focusing on the games would get sales?

Wait, shouldn't I be doing all the super angry fanboying here? Are you guys having fun without me?

I don't think I've ever had an major issue with you Turtle.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 09, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2013, 02:51:32 PM

Quote from: Turtle on November 09, 2013, 02:44:50 PM

I don't think I've ever had an major issue with you Turtle.

I hear he's an Auburn fan.

slywink

seriously guys, hug it out.  except for forgeforsaken, he has lice, you don't want to hug him.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1204 on: November 09, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »

I've pretty much hugged it out with everyone I've had disagreements with here (with one exception), so having Msduncan suddenly and inexplicably lash out with insults against me is honestly baffling. It's not something I want either, because this kind of shit gets my adrenaline pumping, and my body doesn't handle adrenaline well. It makes me physically ill, unable to do anything useful for hours. Take a look at every time Msduncan and I have gotten into shouting matches. Each and every time, with no exceptions, has been initiated by him. That's pretty damn telling. I'm not trying to have a stupid console war with anyone, yet a few people take any discussion so damned personally that they have to actually pull out the insults. What the hell is that all about?
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 09, 2013, 03:20:59 PM »

Well I'm about to walk out the door for the game and won't be back on until tomorrow. That should serve to cool things off.   Game doesn't start until 7 pm tonight and I'll be driving back at 2 in the morning.

So someone turn the lights off when you leave tonight.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1206 on: November 09, 2013, 03:29:27 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2013, 03:20:59 PM

That should serve to cool things off.

Things were cool until you flamed me. While things may be cool again tomorrow, how long will that last? How long until another insult comes out of nowhere, starting it all over again?

This stupid "war" of ours isn't going anywhere until you're able to confront yourself with this. It doesn't matter if I said "The Xbox One is a steaming pile of shit", which I didn't for the record. Any time you respond to an opinion or an argument with an insult, any resulting heat is your fault. I could reach out my (virtual) hand and say "I apologize", but I really don't know what I'm supposed to apologize for. Spreading news? I can do that as much as I want, thank you. Being unbalanced in my opinion? That is my right, as long as I don't insult others over it. Insulting you? I would apologize in a heartbeat if I did that, but any insults I've come up with to you have been in response to insults you've tossed against me.

You want things to cool down? Then do something other than walk out the door and hope things cool down on their own. That's not what's wrong here.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 09, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »

Back to posting bad XB1 news!  icon_twisted
XB1 will not supprt 3d Blu-Rays at launch
http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/09/xbox-one-ps4-3d-blu-ray-playback/

I'm sure we are all terribly heartbroken.  Though I'm more likely to use that feature than to play CDs, (I've asked for Pacific Rim 3d Blu-Ray for Xmas, in what will be probably my first and only 3d blu-ray.)
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 09, 2013, 03:38:39 PM »

ATilt posts lots of bad shit about the xbone but let's be honest - there's a lot of bad shit to post about the xbone. Like banning a guy who just happened to get his xbone early. I mean really, it's already like shooting fish in a barrel do they really need to make it any easier? Perhaps someone over at that multi billion dollar company would be paid enough to do something intelligent like email the guy ahead of time and say "Hey, congrats on getting your xbone early! We're really happy for you but to be fair to everyone who has pre-ordered we're going to temporarily ban the console until the official release. But here's a free game for your trouble!"
MS has also engendered a lot of bad will the way they tried to screw over all gamers not more than 6 months ago. I understand Sony is no saint of a company (far from it) but if it hadn't had been for them we would all be looking at consoles that you couldn't play offline and games that you couldn't trade or lend to your friends. Being able to jump around in your living room in order to do some virtual exercise isn't going to make up for that.
While TiLT 's posts do tend to focus on the negatives he has also posted more than a few negative news stories regarding Sony as well. You probably have only to go back as far as the Sony DLNA fiasco to see that or COD poor FPS for PS4 before that or the potential PSN network launch problems before that.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 09, 2013, 03:41:03 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 03:29:27 PM

Things were cool until you flamed me. While things may be cool again tomorrow, how long will that last? How long until another insult comes out of nowhere, starting it all over again?

This stupid "war" of ours isn't going anywhere until you're able to confront yourself with this. It doesn't matter if I said "The Xbox One is a steaming pile of shit", which I didn't for the record. Any time you respond to an opinion or an argument with an insult, any resulting heat is your fault. I could reach out my (virtual) hand and say "I apologize", but I really don't know what I'm supposed to apologize for. Spreading news? I can do that as much as I want, thank you. Being unbalanced in my opinion? That is my right, as long as I don't insult others over it. Insulting you? I would apologize in a heartbeat if I did that, but any insults I've come up with to you have been in response to insults you've tossed against me.

You want things to cool down? Then do something other than walk out the door and hope things cool down on their own. That's not what's wrong here.

I think I will opt to not even respond to this.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 09, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2013, 03:41:03 PM

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 03:29:27 PM

Too late, you just did.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 09, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »

Duncan go and enjoy the Alabama game ( I hope they lose, but that's me being a fan of a lowly ACC/soon to be B1N Maryland backer hating on Bama's success)

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 09, 2013, 03:56:19 PM »

I should also point out that TiLT hasn't posted in the Xbone thread since Oct 15th so he's obviously made a conscious decision not to shit up the thread dedicated to xbone discussion. If you are interested in discussing the xbone with no criticism then that's probably the place to do it. This thread is specifically about which console you're going to buy and why so I think it's fair to have a single thread where the two consoles are compared and contrasted. If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 09, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 09, 2013, 03:55:59 PM

Duncan go and enjoy the Alabama game ( I hope they lose, but that's me being a fan of a lowly ACC/soon to be B1N Maryland backer hating on Bama's success)

thumbsup
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 09, 2013, 04:03:50 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 09, 2013, 03:34:45 PM

Back to posting bad XB1 news!  icon_twisted

I'm sure we are all terribly heartbroken.  Though I'm more likely to use that feature than to play CDs, (I've asked for Pacific Rim 3d Blu-Ray for Xmas, in what will be probably my first and only 3d blu-ray.)

This sort of sums up the whole generation in a nutshell so far. Both sides make mistakes but MS' tends to dwarf Sony's. The PS4 doesnt play CDs. Most people's reaction-what's a CD? The Xbone on the other hand doesn't play BRs - waahh?
I assume that will just be a very temporary thing though. Fixed in the initial update perhaps?
Edit. Ahh I see now that it's 3D BR support. Well that's not a very big deal at all for me. That wouldn't put be off buying an Xbone in the least.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1215 on: November 09, 2013, 04:06:59 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 09, 2013, 04:03:50 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 09, 2013, 03:34:45 PM

Back to posting bad XB1 news!  icon_twisted

I'm sure we are all terribly heartbroken.  Though I'm more likely to use that feature than to play CDs, (I've asked for Pacific Rim 3d Blu-Ray for Xmas, in what will be probably my first and only 3d blu-ray.)

This sort of sums up the whole generation in a nutshell so far. Both sides make mistakes but MS' tends to dwarf Sony's. The PS4 doesnt play CDs. Most people's reaction-what's a CD? The Xbone on the other hand doesn't play BRs - waahh?
I assume that will just be a very temporary thing though. Fixed in the initial update perhaps?

As long as the Xbox One supports HDMI 1.4 (which I think it does), I don't see any good reason why this shouldn't be able to be fixed in an update.

Doesn't matter to me either way. I prefer to use my dedicated Panasonic Blu-ray player, which is way better than the PS3 at this kind of thing.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 09, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 09, 2013, 03:56:19 PM

I should also point out that TiLT hasn't posted in the Xbone thread since Oct 15th so he's obviously made a conscious decision not to shit up the thread dedicated to xbone discussion. If you are interested in discussing the xbone with no criticism then that's probably the place to do it. This thread is specifically about which console you're going to buy and why so I think it's fair to have a single thread where the two consoles are compared and contrasted. If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.

thumbsup

TiLT, I have sympathy for you as I was attacked constantly for being a PS3 "fanboy" and had many people against me...but also a word of warning. When the PS3 was launching and for awhile after, I let certain people (jblank and Kobra) get the best of me and it eventually turned into a complete meltdown and led to us being banned from the forums. It took years before I was allowed back.

I just don't want history to repeat itself, this time involving you and msduncan. 

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1217 on: November 09, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »

Thanks, but some of you are playing a little bit into msduncan's hand here. He's steered the discussion towards whether or not I'm a fanboy, which is frankly irrelevant and up to individual opinion. The cause of the flame wars that erupt isn't fanboyism, but insults. I really don't care whether you guys think I'm fair and balanced or a raging fanboy, as long as nobody insults anyone else. That the discussion seems to be about whether or not I'm a fanboy instead of being about msduncan throwing out insults is kind of baffling, to be honest.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 09, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »

Quote from: naednek on November 09, 2013, 02:41:19 PM

Guys give it a rest, or I'm just going to lock every console related thread until the 22nd.

This thread should have been locked a month ago.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 09, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

Thanks, but some of you are playing a little bit into msduncan's hand here. He's steered the discussion towards whether or not I'm a fanboy, which is frankly irrelevant and up to individual opinion. The cause of the flame wars that erupt isn't fanboyism, but insults. I really don't care whether you guys think I'm fair and balanced or a raging fanboy, as long as nobody insults anyone else. That the discussion seems to be about whether or not I'm a fanboy instead of being about msduncan throwing out insults is kind of baffling, to be honest.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 09, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »

msd, could you please just skip over TiLT's posts when you see them? Not everyone hates his contributions to the forum as much as you, and I'd really rather not have these threads get locked at a time I'm most interest in talking about the new consoles.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 09, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

Anyway, back to the systems....

If you get a PS4 before launch, no worries on getting banned the way that MS is giving the ban hammer to anyone that gets the XB1 before launch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp/status/399130194956414977

Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 09, 2013, 05:35:34 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 09, 2013, 05:08:56 PM

If you get a PS4 before launch, no worries on getting banned the way that MS is giving the ban hammer to anyone that gets the XB1 before launch.

Way to round it back to the "systems" unpartial observer Hetz! 
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 09, 2013, 05:40:29 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 09, 2013, 05:35:34 PM

Quote from: Hetz on November 09, 2013, 05:08:56 PM

Way to round it back to the "systems" unpartial observer Hetz!  

Way to make it personal, Zinfan!

It's legit news. Sony has come out to say they won't ban anyone that gets the console early. Microsoft is already banning people. How can you be "unpartial" about that? Come on, this is getting silly. I'm sorry that the XB1 is not doing so well, PR wise....but don't shoot the messenger!

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 09, 2013, 05:43:10 PM »

Leaning towards PS4.

Haven't decided yet as sadly neither system supports BC, so it's a fresh start.

PS Plus still seems like a better deal than Live, plus if I choose to be a "free" member I can still play MMO's or use Netflix and Hulu.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 09, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 10:20:35 AM

I'm getting excited by the PS4 version of Diablo 3, which will contain the new expansion as well. It runs at 1080p 60fps and has unique features not available on any other platforms. These include being able to gift certain drops to your friends, and having a monster that kills you travel to your friends' games as "Bane of (insert name here)" in an upgraded form, giving you both loot if your friend can kill it, or upgrading further to haunt other friends if it kills the first one.

They haven't talked about an Xbox One version of the game as far as I can tell, so there's no knowing if it'll even get released on that platform at this time.

Motherfucker. Am I going to be triple dipping on Diablo?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1226 on: November 09, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 09, 2013, 05:44:16 PM

I'm getting excited by the PS4 version of Diablo 3, which will contain the new expansion as well. It runs at 1080p 60fps and has unique features not available on any other platforms. These include being able to gift certain drops to your friends, and having a monster that kills you travel to your friends' games as "Bane of (insert name here)" in an upgraded form, giving you both loot if your friend can kill it, or upgrading further to haunt other friends if it kills the first one.

They haven't talked about an Xbox One version of the game as far as I can tell, so there's no knowing if it'll even get released on that platform at this time.

I'll be double dipping. Skipped the PS3 version. I stopped playing the PC version when I realized that my character was always decked out in gear from the AH, making dropped loot pointless except as a source of cash.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 09, 2013, 05:48:32 PM »

Quote from: gellar on November 09, 2013, 05:44:16 PM

I am...  frown

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 09, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »

Haha, me too! Seems way too good to pass up.

The D3 on PS3 is awesome, so I'm expecting even more awesomeness from the PS4, once I get it next year sometime :-)

A new one
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 09, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »

Impossible to pass up PS4 version of D3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: November 09, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »

P.S. Just regarding the console war stuff - I was defending the fanboi accusations against MSD, not the tone of the argument. I'm not interested in getting into any personal arguments with TiLT, even though he is a raging fanboy sucking at Sony's teat.  icon_razz

As far as the console ban, Major Nelson has already confirmed the ban won't be permanent, so this is a non-story.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 09, 2013, 06:24:19 PM »

Triple dipping here as well... Never have done that before.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1232 on: November 09, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 09, 2013, 06:23:12 PM

As far as the console ban, Major Nelson has already confirmed the ban won't be permanent, so this is a non-story.

This makes me very pleased to hear.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 09, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »

I want an Xbox One during the launch window but I know I'll want a PS4 for the long run, I'm not willing to have both. Not wanting both isn't even a money thing, I just don't want that many consoles in my living room as I'll eventually succumb to the Wii U as well. I loved Ryse at E3 and it would serve well as my first next-gen console experience. Dead Rising 3 looks like a blast and the amount of zombies on-screen at any given time is crazy. And then there's Crimson Dragon, spiritual successor to Panzer, which I also played at E3 and enjoyed. I only have the PS4 pre-ordered, though, and there's not a single exclusive launch window title I'm interested in. I know the exclusives will come soon enough from Sony's stable of studios, but they aren't here yet...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:56:43 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 09, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 06:24:58 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on November 09, 2013, 06:23:12 PM

This makes me very pleased to hear.

Same here. Though I do question why they are doing it in the first place....if they are just going to unban him later. Just let whoever gets it early, legitimately of course, play it! Seems like that would be the best move, in terms of public relations.

Anyway, good on them for not making it permanent! They should take action against Target, however. This was a pretty major mistake by them.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1235 on: November 09, 2013, 07:04:09 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on November 09, 2013, 06:50:47 PM

I want an Xbox One during the launch window but I know I'll want a PS4 for the long run, I'm not willing to have both. Not wanting both isn't even a money thing, I just don't want that many consoles in my living room as I'll eventually succumb to the Wii U as well. I loved Ryse at E3 and it would serve well as my first next-gen console experience. Dead Rising 3 looks like a blast and the amount of zombies on-screen at any given time is crazy. And then there's Crimson Dragon, spiritual successor to Panzer, which I also played at E3 and enjoyed. I only have the PS4 pre-ordered, though, and there's not a single exclusive launch window title I'm interested in. I know the exclusives will come soon enough from Sony's stable of studios, but they aren't here yet...

The signs are pointing towards the 14th (and the VGAs) becoming a good day for those who, like you, are waiting for news of the first batch of really good games instead of just launch titles. For all our excitement over some of the launch titles right now, they'll be mostly forgotten in two years time.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:29 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 09, 2013, 06:55:59 PM

They should take action against Target, however. This was a pretty major mistake by them.

I would be very surprised if they don't. This turned into a minor clusterfuck for MS, though the error was Target's. The only real mistake MS made in this case was to not communicate properly with their fans.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 09, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »

Yeah, I've been waiting patiently for the PS4 version of D33 (not bothering with the PS3 version) and my patience will pay off.  Although, they did say you can bring PS3 character to the PS4.  Still, I don't want to pay for it and I can wait to play the console version on the best console to play it on since I beat D3 on PC a few times.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 09, 2013, 07:33:04 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 09, 2013, 06:55:59 PM

Same here. Though I do question why they are doing it in the first place....if they are just going to unban him later. Just let whoever gets it early, legitimately of course, play it! Seems like that would be the best move, in terms of public relations.

MUST....CONTROL....MESSAGE....

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1239 on: November 09, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »

With the NDA still 3 days away from being lifted for reviews, I can see why Microsoft doesn't want some random schmuck on the internet stealing their thunder.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: