http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 12:26:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 39566 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 08, 2013, 03:11:04 PM »

Surprise - PS4 owners get 30 days of PS+, 30 days of Music Unlimited and $10 PSN cash.....FREE! It's all included in the box of your brand new PS4. smile

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/08/a-threefold-surprise-for-ps4-owners/

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 08, 2013, 03:27:08 PM »

Demo of all the cool ass features on the Xbone:

brought to you by engadget
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 08, 2013, 03:27:19 PM »

Of course, having a Canadian PSN account I won't be able to use the free 30 days. Anyone know if you can change your PSN accounts country? Last time I tried I could change everything except for the country?
Smart move by Sony. I assume MS is doing the same thing? They basically invented the "give away the first month free".
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 08, 2013, 03:29:57 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 08, 2013, 03:11:04 PM

Surprise - PS4 owners get 30 days of PS+, 30 days of Music Unlimited and $10 PSN cash.....FREE! It's all included in the box of your brand new PS4. smile

Great!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 08, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 08, 2013, 01:41:43 PM

So, what kind of impact do you guys think it would have if Sony suddenly revealed Street Fighter 5 as a PS4 exclusive right before the console's release?

I'd be surprised that they finally learned to count to 5.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1165 on: November 08, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

So, what kind of impact do you guys think it would have if Sony suddenly revealed Street Fighter 5 as a PS4 exclusive right before the console's release?

You meant Capcom, right? Not Sony - because if you meant Sony, you'd be inciting a riot of epic proportions. And we don't want that CeeKay. We really don't. Tongue

To answer the question asked : I doubt that it would make much difference overall.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 08, 2013, 05:20:20 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 08, 2013, 05:16:59 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 08, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

You meant Capcom, right? Not Sony - because if you meant Sony, you'd be inciting a riot of epic proportions. And we don't want that CeeKay. We really don't. Tongue

yeah, Capcom.  of course if people took umbrage at me besmirching Sony I could give a soaring rodents posterior.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 08, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 08, 2013, 03:29:57 PM

Quote from: Hetz on November 08, 2013, 03:11:04 PM

Great!!
that will lead right up into the black friday sale on PS+ cards at amazon and gamestop.   thumbsup

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 08, 2013, 05:56:44 PM »

Giant bomb has a 40 min video of some XB1 games.  They played Dead Rising, Forza, Ryse, BF4 and had some footage of Crimson Dragon.  I'm very happy with what I saw even if DR3 was the only game they spent a lot of time on.  They also mentioned the Kinect and how it worked well in BF4 and talked a little about the fitness programs (no video of that).  Overall they seemed OK with how the console was performing but no resolution discussion.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 08, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »

love seeing the legless zombies crawling after you and seeing them fall off the building as they attempt to get you

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 08, 2013, 06:17:30 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 08, 2013, 05:56:44 PM

Giant bomb has a 40 min video of some XB1 games.  They played Dead Rising, Forza, Ryse, BF4 and had some footage of Crimson Dragon.  I'm very happy with what I saw even if DR3 was the only game they spent a lot of time on.  They also mentioned the Kinect and how it worked well in BF4 and talked a little about the fitness programs (no video of that).  Overall they seemed OK with how the console was performing but no resolution discussion.

I had watched this video this morning and saw some frame problems in Forza 5, which surprised me.  It didn't seem as smooth as I thought it would.  DR3 looked pretty awesome, though.  Still think I will hold off until March on an XBO, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 08, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 08, 2013, 06:17:30 PM

Quote from: Zinfan on November 08, 2013, 05:56:44 PM

I had watched this video this morning and saw some frame problems in Forza 5, which surprised me.  It didn't seem as smooth as I thought it would.  DR3 looked pretty awesome, though.  Still think I will hold off until March on an XBO, though.

Yeah, honestly watching that video has kind of put me off getting one right now. I was seriously considering getting one after all, with my free KI game and all that. The game I was most excited about, Dead Rising 3, looked ok....but honestly didn't look that different than Dead Rising 2, other than looking better. Just looked like more of the same. Looked fun, but not $560 fun.

Anyway, March seems like a good time to jump on the XB1 train....heck they may even do a Titanfall or Ryse or Dead Rising 3 bundle then.....depending on how well the PS4 does compared to them this Christmas.

Thanks for the free Killer Instinct though Microsoft! I am sure you will keep it safe for me on my account until I get one. smile

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 08, 2013, 07:57:07 PM »

Dead Rising 3's ridiculously fun co-op
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 08, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 08, 2013, 07:57:07 PM

If anything is a system seller at launch, its this game.

It just looks so damn great, and so much fun! Also, I don't think I've seen THAT many zombies in neither movie nor game at the same time. AWESOME!

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1174 on: November 09, 2013, 01:22:31 AM »

DR2 had similar levels of zombies, but only in very limited places where they could strip away almost everything else.

DR3 has that huge number of zombies everywhere in a mostly open world without (or with very, very few load times). It really shows off next gen processing.

It's a similar effect for Killzone, where they've gone from corridor shooter to a partially open map layout with multiple main objectives in each large level.

Now, imagine how much better fully open worlds like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and others are going to be in this coming gen.

For all the back and forth about which console. I am just really glad we're getting a new hardware spec for devs to focus on because we're already seeing the gameplay benefits from it, alongside the graphical benefits. You guys are going to be surprised at how much current consoles were holding back gameplay.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:30:51 AM by Turtle » Logged
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: November 09, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 09, 2013, 01:22:31 AM

Now, imagine how much better fully open worlds like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and others are going to be in this coming gen.

Would be nice to not have to load in order to go into a building or cave.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 09, 2013, 02:05:47 AM »

I was just in purgatory, trying to atone for some sort of sins before I could move on.

In other words, I was at Target standing in a massive line to trade in my iPad 1 for a $200 gift card.  This $200 gift card will go towards a new iPad Mini and my wife will take my iPad 2.   I say all of this to relay this message from the people I got to know really really well that work in the target electronics department:  They DID get extra PS4 units in for those of you that didn't preorder but have wondered if you would be able to find them.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1177 on: November 09, 2013, 03:11:57 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 09, 2013, 01:24:08 AM

Would be nice to not have to load in order to go into a building or cave.

It gets even better. Now, the change in hardware spec is an improvement, but one thing people don't realize is that both consoles have build in dedicated hardware for instantly compressing and decompressing data. That multiplies the output from whatever drive is being used to pull data from. Meaning it's easier to load in and out bigger or more complex areas like interiors on the fly.

Only problem though, is that one of the benefits of loading before going into caves and buildings is that, for buildings, you avoid the TARDIS effect. The buildings you see placed in the world zones are drastically smaller than insides. You can still have this using portal tech, but it still means you can see the ginormous interior as you open the door to that small shack.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 09, 2013, 03:32:46 AM »

I always update the countdown before I hit the sack.   I'm hitting it early tonight so we are toggling to 6 days until launch.   Enjoy!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1179 on: November 09, 2013, 10:20:35 AM »

I'm getting excited by the PS4 version of Diablo 3, which will contain the new expansion as well. It runs at 1080p 60fps and has unique features not available on any other platforms. These include being able to gift certain drops to your friends, and having a monster that kills you travel to your friends' games as "Bane of (insert name here)" in an upgraded form, giving you both loot if your friend can kill it, or upgrading further to haunt other friends if it kills the first one.

They haven't talked about an Xbox One version of the game as far as I can tell, so there's no knowing if it'll even get released on that platform at this time.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 09, 2013, 10:47:32 AM »

I was expecting the the Blizzard D3 forums imploding over the news of PS4 features not coming to the PC, but so far the only thread I see gives it a 'meh'.  dammit, I was expecting some entertainment! Torches and Happiness!

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 09, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »

Microsoft confirm that COD will play on Xbone in native 1080p
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: November 09, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »

Aka, we finally paid them to put in extra optimization time. Or did what Sony used to do, which is literally send over crack optimization engineers to help them get the game running.

Which is actually a good move, bravo MS for really trying to help devs.

Of course, it's another 180 from the whole, "resolution doesn't matter." spiel. But it's a 180 towards the right direction.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 09, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 09, 2013, 11:40:20 AM

lol

Yep, play it on the PS4 via the HDMI In on your Xbone....1080p native COD!  icon_lol

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 09, 2013, 12:19:07 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 09, 2013, 12:03:40 PM

Aka, we finally paid them to put in extra optimization time. Or did what Sony used to do, which is literally send over crack optimization engineers to help them get the game running.

Which is actually a good move, bravo MS for really trying to help devs.

Of course, it's another 180 from the whole, "resolution doesn't matter." spiel. But it's a 180 towards the right direction.

Umm....read the actual link. It's not that.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1185 on: November 09, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »

For anyone who didn't bother to click the link: Canuck's post is a joke. Tongue

In other news, the guy who posted about getting the Xbox One early (and got console banned immediately after) revealed that he had to fully load a game that was in standby mode after 20 minutes, using a bunch of other apps in the meantime. That kind of defeats the point of the standby mode, in my opinion. I hope the PS4 implementation works better than that.

Edit: Note that this is in no way an official confirmation. It could be a misread of the guy's tweet, or some other kind of misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 12:36:56 PM by TiLT » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 09, 2013, 12:36:49 PM »

so, with the HDMI passthrough I can play CoD: Ghosts in 1080p via the XB1 using my PC?  sweet!  actually, that could be interesting.  I have an extra HDMI port on my video card, but my TV won't accept PC via the HDMI ports, but if it works through the XB1....

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 09, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »

Laugh all you want, but at the end of the day only one console has an HDMI in. Sony can't patch that in.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 09, 2013, 12:50:39 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 09, 2013, 12:37:38 PM

Laugh all you want, but at the end of the day only one console has an HDMI in. Sony can't patch that in.

I was joking but of course it's good. It's not something that I would ever use though. My current setup is a TV and a PS3. My next one will be a TV and a PS4. I don't think I have ever used an other HDMI connection before. But for some people it will be great.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 09, 2013, 01:49:14 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 12:32:58 PM

In other news, the guy who posted about getting the Xbox One early (and got console banned immediately after) revealed that he had to fully load a game that was in standby mode after 20 minutes, using a bunch of other apps in the meantime. That kind of defeats the point of the standby mode, in my opinion. I hope the PS4 implementation works better than that.

Edit: Note that this is in no way an official confirmation. It could be a misread of the guy's tweet, or some other kind of misunderstanding.

The gut that has an Xbone early doesn't have the day 1 patch.    The box is supposed to be almost unplayable without it.

Continuing your Xbone negative shit mongering I see.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1190 on: November 09, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2013, 01:49:14 PM

The gut that has an Xbone early doesn't have the day 1 patch.    The box is supposed to be almost unplayable without it.

Yes. He. Does.

Continuing your "write stupid shit without reading facts first", I see.

What the fuck are you talking about?

How I wish this forum had an ignore function.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:06:09 PM by TiLT » Logged
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1191 on: November 09, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 12:32:58 PM

The gut that has an Xbone early doesn't have the day 1 patch.    The box is supposed to be almost unplayable without it.

Now that's fanboism in it's finest. I just can't wait for release days and all the pathetic console rivalries and attitude. it will be like all the mature posters turning in to 12 year old boys with stiffies they can't get rid of

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: November 09, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »

To be fair, TiLT picked out perhaps the only bad impression out of the guy's entire list of positive impressions (a very lengthy list). I think that's what irked MSD. Who's the real fanboy - the guy getting both consoles, or the guy getting only the PS4 and who points out the Xbox's flaws at every opportunity?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 02:19:56 PM by YellowKing » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: November 09, 2013, 02:21:47 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 09, 2013, 02:17:46 PM

To be fair, TiLT picked out perhaps the only bad impression out of the guy's entire list of positive impressions (a very lengthy list). I think that's what irked MSD.

he doesn't even seem very upset about the ban either.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: November 09, 2013, 02:23:41 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 01:55:28 PM

The gut that has an Xbone early doesn't have the day 1 patch.    The box is supposed to be almost unplayable without it.

Yes. He. Does.

Continuing your "write stupid shit without reading facts first", I see.

What the fuck are you talking about?

How I wish this forum had an ignore function.

I learned my best stuff from you. Like writing an entire commentary without even clicking through a link. And if this forum had an ignore function I would have used it about a month ago I assure you.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 09, 2013, 02:25:41 PM »

You guys keep this place warm.   I'm packing up the car and heading to Tuscaloosa for Alabama vs LSU. 

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: November 09, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »

To be fair, TiLT picked out perhaps the only bad impression out of the guy's entire list of positive impressions (a very lengthy list). I think that's what irked MSD. Who's the real fanboy - the guy getting both consoles, or the guy getting only the PS4 and who points out the Xbox's flaws at every opportunity?

I welcome you to check my post history over the last few weeks. I've posted positives and negatives for both consoles. In order to satisfy people like you, Msduncan and Purge, I've even tried to sweeten bad news about the Xbox One and add a bit of skepticism in news about the PS4, but it's obvious that some of you are seeing only what you want to see in my posts.

Here's my suggestion: Anyone among you who sees only Xbox One hate in my posts might do well to not read my posts at all. If I can do nothing to appease you, then you'll find nothing good in my posts either. What you should not do is insult me over your own paranoia (talking about Msduncan here, not you YK).
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 09, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »

From the posts, it's pretty clearly the guy getting both consoles, you wouldn't think that normally but there it is in abundant evidence in writing.  Weird eh?
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: November 09, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 02:26:04 PM

I welcome you to check my post history over the last few weeks. I've posted positives and negatives for both consoles. In order to satisfy people like you, Msduncan and Purge, I've even tried to sweeten bad news about the Xbox One and add a bit of skepticism in news about the PS4, but it's obvious that some of you are seeing only what you want to see in my posts.

Here's my suggestion: Anyone among you who sees only Xbox One hate in my posts might do well to not read my posts at all. If I can do nothing to appease you, then you'll find nothing good in my posts either. What you should not do is insult me over your own paranoia (talking about Msduncan here, not you YK).

You've pretty much perfected this garbage.  It's clear to anyone on these forums reading news about Xbone and PS4 that if there is any bit of news at all about Xboxe positive or negative..... if they click on the thread they are going to find TiLt right there.    If it's positive you will be shitting on it.   If it's negative you will be taking a snide ****ing passive aggressive 'I told you so' shots at it.    Then went confronted by the few people that want to waste their breath on you, you feign innocent benevolent neutral poster.

It's a big pile of horse manure.   You have been stirring these forums for months leading up to this launch.   You have bloody perfected the art of toeing the trolling line without crossing it so you can't even be warned by mods.   You have been the goddamned SOURCE of all the console war shit here.   I'm not the type of guy to take it bending over.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:45 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 09, 2013, 02:32:44 PM

Quote from: TiLT on November 09, 2013, 02:26:04 PM

You've pretty much perfected this garbage.  It's clear to anyone on these forums reading news about Xbone and PS4 that if there is any bit of news at all about Xboxe positive or negative..... if they click on the thread they are going to find TiLt right there.    If it's positive you will be shitting on it.   If it's negative you will be taking a snide ****ing passive aggressive 'I told you so' shots at it.    Then went confronted by the few people that want to waste their breath on you, you feign innocent benevolent neutral poster.

It's a big pile of horse manure.   You have been stirring these forums for months leading up to this launch.   You have bloody perfected the art of toeing the trolling line without crossing it so you can't even be warned by mods.   You have been the goddamned SOURCE of all the console war shit here.   I'm not the type of guy to take it bending over.

You may be surprised by the replies following mine.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: