http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 02:26:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 40961 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1080 on: November 06, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 06, 2013, 06:25:38 PM

So maybe Xbox music isn't free?

ouch.  queue the XB180 comments again

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1081 on: November 06, 2013, 06:27:54 PM »

LOL.

This is why people with optimus prime avatars suck. Tongue

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1082 on: November 06, 2013, 06:28:11 PM »

Ouch! That's a bitter mistake to make, one that's not going to help Microsoft's reputation right now.

In other news, I read on the European Playstation blog today that there's going to be a bunch of game announcements on the 14th (15th in Europe), showing Sony's plans for 2014 and beyond. It seems increasingly likely that we'll get an announcement from Naughty Dog.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 06, 2013, 06:28:36 PM »

so, Spotify on the netbook/kindle fire/iphone/lumia 920/cat it is.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 06, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 06, 2013, 06:21:12 PM

Quote from: ATB on November 06, 2013, 06:20:03 PM

Quote from: Hetz on November 06, 2013, 06:06:54 PM

So, Microsoft is now trying to bribe me with a free Full version of Killer Instinct, via a email I received from them this morning....

It might be working....free Killer Instinct and buying Dead Rising 3. Hmm.....I may just do it afterall.

How does one get this email?

it seems to be random selection so far.

Xbox Twitter says this:

We considered a variety of things like Gamerscore, LIVE tenure, & other factors in markets where #XboxOne is available.

So, basically.....it's cause I am awesome!   nod

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1085 on: November 06, 2013, 06:31:41 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 06, 2013, 06:28:11 PM

Ouch! That's a bitter mistake to make, one that's not going to help Microsoft's reputation right now.

In the news today, an MS exec said something about their Xbox One product which was then rescinded.

Our team of researchers have also discovered that water is still, in fact, wet.

More news at six.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 06, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »

is water really wet though?  couldn't it be the matrix making you think it is wet?  THINK ABOUT IT!  water could actually be like sand in real life, all rough and coarse.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1087 on: November 06, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 06, 2013, 06:32:33 PM

is water really wet though?  couldn't it be the matrix making you think it is wet?  THINK ABOUT IT!  water could actually be like sand in real life, all rough and coarse.

Someone just finished going through his netflix queue of movies that were thought-to-be-awesome-but-got-spoiled-by-sequels.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 06, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 06, 2013, 06:42:59 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 06, 2013, 06:32:33 PM

Someone just finished going through his netflix queue of movies that were thought-to-be-awesome-but-got-spoiled-by-sequels.

I blame lack of sleep.  I actually did not sleep last night.  24 hours+ of being awake... pass the java!

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:23 PM »

Everyone who works for MS just needs to STFU until the 22nd. Don't say a fucking word about ANYTHING related to ANYTHING.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 06, 2013, 07:38:23 PM

Everyone who works for MS just needs to STFU until the 22nd. Don't say a fucking word about ANYTHING related to ANYTHING.

what if they get the 1080p working?

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1091 on: November 06, 2013, 07:40:55 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 06, 2013, 07:38:23 PM

Well, they opened the floodgates partway today. A lot of previews and excitement from various sites. Some good excitement, some bad, but overall positive. I think they're still restricted by the NDAs (I haven't seen any mention of resolutions, for example), but this is a heck of a lot better than what we've had leading up to now. Information is good, even if it's not always good news.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1092 on: November 06, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »

This is cool. I can imagine bringing home a brand new game, unwrapping the plastic, and looking at one of the leaflets only to have the Xbox One go "DLC downloading" before you have a chance to tell it you were going to sell that. slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »

I am very much looking forward to not having to figure out if it is a VV or a W or if an 0 is actually an O anymore smile

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 06, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »

That is definitely nifty.  With the 360/PS3 generation I ended up having a small keyboard stashed near the consoles just to have handy for code entry or other data entry.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »

Major Nelson looks waaay too serious in that video.  icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 06, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 06, 2013, 08:27:33 PM

Major Nelson looks waaay too serious in that video.  icon_biggrin

here's the animated version for those without Vine access.

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 06, 2013, 08:54:58 PM »

This is really cool. First live preview I've seen of how Xbox Fitness will work.

Sean T's Insanity!!!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 06, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »

I wonder if they have Buns of Steel...

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 06, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 06, 2013, 09:00:26 PM

I wonder if they have Buns of Steel...

Don't be shy - try touching them to see!

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1100 on: November 06, 2013, 09:21:36 PM »

Sony and Microsoft both are looking into Virtual Reality for their consoles, according to this article. The Microsoft portion appears to be pure speculation, at least as far as VR goes, but the Sony part is pretty solid and something we've heard about before. They say that Sony's VR solution for the PS4 should get launched very early on. Previous speculation expected it to hit by fall 2014 at the latest. The current Microsoft solution seems to be more of a competitor to Google Glass, which isn't really the same thing.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:47 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 06, 2013, 08:54:58 PM

This is really cool. First live preview I've seen of how Xbox Fitness will work.

Sean T's Insanity!!!

This may have just pushed the Xbone to the top for me.  The wife and I did most of the Insanity program earlier this year and I could see her being all over the Kinect version, not to mention all those other training videos shown in the background at the start of that video. 
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 07, 2013, 12:12:49 AM »

Another NBA2k14 vid.  Game probably deserves its own thread, I'm just not enough of basketball fan to create it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BJR6z1W7Ew&feature=youtu.be
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 07, 2013, 02:33:54 AM »

Also, some more DS4 impressions.  I've used it on the PS3, but mostly I've been using it on PC and trying to work through some of this backlog before the PS4 hits next week.  Been using the DS4 to get a good feel for it.  I've now finished Rage, 3/4ths of Max Payne 3 roughly (that game seems a lot longer than it should be btw, kind of ready for it to be done) and a bit of Dishonored, so giving it a decent work out.

Early reports seem to have been accurate and overall I think it's very nice.   At first I thought I might like the 360 a bit better, but after extensive use I think that just came down to familiarity, think I may actually prefer the DS4 now, but I find it very hard to commit to one over the other.  Really barring some kind of colossal fuckup with the XB1 controller (which doesn't look to be the case) I think controller preference is essentially a nonfactor this generation.  I'm sure people will still prefer one over the other, but it's going to be a pretty tepid preference as opposed to what we saw with 360/DS3 where the DS3 just sucked in comparison to the 360 controller (IMO of course).
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1104 on: November 07, 2013, 03:22:23 AM »

played the euro-football game on PS4 today. it seemed alright. also tried out Contrast, but that was nothing that couldn't've been done on PS3, i'm sure. overall initial impression was it's a PS3 with a better controller.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 07, 2013, 03:41:32 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 06, 2013, 06:25:18 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on November 06, 2013, 06:23:24 PM

Killer Instinct might be running at 720p. Why subject your eyes to such horror?  icon_biggrin

Seriously though, I talked to the manager at our local Best Buy. They currently have 80 Xbone preorders fulfilled, and are not expecting any more units. He said he doubts anyone who didn't preorder will get a unit. Also they plan to have a heavy police presence.  icon_eek

bad neighborhood?  seems odd that they'd have police there.
Doesn't really need to be a bad neighborhood.. People can go crazy anywhere..
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 07, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »

Had my first twinge of regret for canceling my xbone preorder. Not because I am regretting choosing PS over Xbox, but just because for the first time ever I have the means to be involved in all the fun/excitement of a console launch, and I'll be missing out on some of it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 07, 2013, 06:59:36 AM »

I wis I had the free time to enjoy two brand new consoles at once. At the moment I'll be lucky if I even get to play one.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 07, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »

Yeah I have a few friends that wanna xbone it. That didn't sound right...but, I literally don't have the time for two new consoles!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 07, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »

hell, I'm debating cutting down my console collection now.  I have a ton of PC games, and I barely ever touch my Vita, Wii or Wii U anymore (even with the free PSN+ stuff), plus I have a PS2 slim that is just collecting dust. in terms of games for those, the PS2 was being held on to mainly for Kingdom Hearts, but since they're being HDified all that leaves is Rogue Galaxy, which from what I understand wouldn't be a huge loss.  I have a bunch of Zelda games for the Wii and Wii U, but I've found while I like the idea of those games I never get far.  Of course, I may hold onto the Wii because it is one of the backward compatible models, and I still have Eternal Darkness for it plus the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Last Story/Xenoblade.  I don't know, maybe I'll just put them in storage for a bit; out of sight out of the backlog.

Because I can,
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 06, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

Sean T's Insanity!!!

This may have just pushed the Xbone to the top for me.  The wife and I did most of the Insanity program earlier this year and I could see her being all over the Kinect version, not to mention all those other training videos shown in the background at the start of that video. 

The fitness thing is what draws me the most to the xbox.  Liked the video and I hope and expect that the next gen stuff will be able to track floor exercises and won't need a large distance from the tv.  Exciting to see the many workout choices in the menu, hope the cost isn't overwhelming. 
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2013, 01:46:29 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 07, 2013, 06:59:36 AM

I wis I had the free time to enjoy two brand new consoles at once. At the moment I'll be lucky if I even get to play one.

Yeah, I have that problem too. Backlog is ridiculous. But you're trying to be logical, what's up with that? slywink

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on November 07, 2013, 09:49:44 AM

Quote from: wonderpug on November 06, 2013, 09:34:47 PM

Sean T's Insanity!!!

The fitness thing is what draws me the most to the xbox.  Liked the video and I hope and expect that the next gen stuff will be able to track floor exercises and won't need a large distance from the tv.  Exciting to see the many workout choices in the menu, hope the cost isn't overwhelming. 

The video indicated they're free for a calendar year (right through to the end of 2014).

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 07, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »

Man I wish that fitness stuff had been advertised more prior to launch. The fact that the workouts are free with Gold is just awesome, I have personally bought P90X and the Gillian Micheal's workouts on there and combined they cost me about $260. So throw in Sean Ts and all the 10 minute trainers and you could easily make up for the cost of the Xbone just with the workouts. I wonder if Sony is going to do anything like this with PS+?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 07, 2013, 02:09:58 PM »

The fitness stuff is pretty darn strong.   My wife literally sat up from her book when I played the video.

She does a lot of those workouts, and to get a visual measured response for how she's doing her workout was right up her alley.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:24 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 07, 2013, 02:09:58 PM

The fitness stuff is pretty darn strong.   My wife literally sat up from her book when I played the video.

She does a lot of those workouts, and to get a visual measured response for how she's doing her workout was right up her alley.

Yeah, I didn't show the video to the wife, but when I described the exercise stuff she definitely just as excited about the idea as I thought she'd be.

This is really starting to remind me of the useless and misguided MS Surface advertising, where MS just doesn't seem to understand the aspects of their nifty products that people would find nifty.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »

Here's some more info on Xbox Fitness I've gleaned from various (official) sources:

- Partnered trainers include Jillian Michaels, Tony Horton (P90X), Tracy Anderson, Shaun T (Insanity) More trainers and workouts to be added after launch.
- Kinect will be able to do muscle mapping by observing force/weight/momentum and give tips on which muscles should be worked harder
- Kinect will be able to detect pulse (touch free) up to 10 feet away
- Kinect can detect color changes in the face and temperature changes. Will take a baseline reading before workout to see how close you're coming to having a heart attack.  icon_biggrin
- Creates personalized workout recommendations based on workout history and past performance
- Tracks performance history and creates social challenges so that you can compete with friends and other Xbox Fitness users
- Non Gold members will still be able to purchase workout ala carte. Pricing is said to be similar to the regular workout DVDs.
- Launch will have more than 50 workouts ranging from 10 to 60 minutes

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gLQyZspx0a8

Video of Killzone remote play on the Vita! Looks incredible!   drool

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 07, 2013, 03:21:15 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 07, 2013, 03:07:36 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gLQyZspx0a8

Video of Killzone remote play on the Vita! Looks incredible!   drool

drool

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 07, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »

Sony beats iFixit to the punch by making their own teardown video.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/07/get-your-first-look-inside-the-ps4
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: