http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 11:13:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 38502 times)
Canuck
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 01, 2013, 02:31:06 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 01, 2013, 02:22:55 AM

Quote from: Canuck on October 31, 2013, 10:56:22 PM

Quote from: Chrisoc13 on October 31, 2013, 07:49:33 PM

Struck a nerve with the club Sony comment eh? Just stating what I saw as I read through this thread.  Get mad if you want I guess just a comment from an observer reading through.  Carry on don't let me interrupt your regularly scheduled console war haha
Two posts in a row with absolutely no worthwhile content. You're on a roll!

Let's review the gameplan team:

1.  Post positive PS4 news.   (this is 100% ok and I'm totally for it, the only one on the list I'm good with)
2.  Post negative Xbone news
3.  Jump at the chance to dive into discussion about how negative the news is for Xbone even though you aren't buying one
4.  Pretend to be 'non partisan' and innocent.   I mean the other people that think you are shitting on their console of choice are overly sensitive after all.     They are obviously either ignorant or overreacting.  
5.  Throw a post up to demonstrate your superior and magnanimous stature and position of 'neutrality'
6.  Discredit or dismiss any opposing opinions.
7.  News clearly positive for the Xbone and against your theme?   Ask for source.
8.  Source good?    Say it really isn't that important anyway.... not a big deal to you.    Meh.
9.  Get called on being asinine about fanboi tactics?   Accuse person of adding no value, being too sensitive, being part of the problem, or just toss virtual hands up and say 'hey I'm just being a totally neutral and cool dude here!   Don't look at me! "
10.  Accuse accusers of being 'crazy', 'adding no value', 'hey look!  people are rolly eyeing you'
11.  Virtual high five other club members and continue back to 1

And no, this isn't directed only at Canuck.   I'm NOT going to get into the business of naming names, like Canuck, Forgeforsaken, Tilt..........

The fact that you've gone to the effort if writing this whole thing shows that you're way too into it. You're way too defensive for someone who is getting both consoles. You're even slamming your own console purchase ("haha no Titanfall for ps4!") just to spite others. It's time to take a step back.
TiLT has posted lots of negative xbox news because there's been an embarrassment of riches in that regard. But he also consistently posts negative Sony news as well.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 01, 2013, 02:36:26 AM »

or the occasional low self five.... AMIRITE?

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 01, 2013, 02:40:52 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 31, 2013, 09:20:26 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on October 31, 2013, 09:16:01 PM

The move is working on me.

Yeah, assuming there aren't other reasons to not get XBO, I will likely pick one up on March 11th, assuming Titanfall lives up to the hype as well.  I normally always get consoles on launch day, but MS really turned me off of the product between what I feel is their decline of the 360 in the last couple of years and the stuff they attempted to pull for this.  That being said, I do love games, so this will likely be the thing that has me buy the product, again assuming they don't pull a red ring of death fiasco again or something similar.

That is my plan as well. I will probably pick up a XBO next spring. Hopefully with a free game or gift card or price drop. smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 01, 2013, 02:41:47 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on November 01, 2013, 02:29:11 AM

Struck a nerve with the club Sony comment eh? Just stating what I saw as I read through this thread.  Get mad if you want I guess just a comment from an observer reading through.  Carry on don't let me interrupt your regularly scheduled console war haha

1.  Post positive PS4 news.   (this is 100% ok and I'm totally for it, the only one on the list I'm good with)
3.  Jump at the chance to dive into discussion about how negative the news is for Xbone even though you aren't buying one
4.  Pretend to be 'non partisan' and innocent.   I mean the other people that think you are shitting on their console of choice are overly sensitive after all.     They are obviously either ignorant or overreacting.  
5.  Throw a post up to demonstrate your superior and magnanimous stature and position of 'neutrality'
7.  News clearly positive for the Xbone and against your theme?   Ask for source.
8.  Source good?    Say it really isn't that important anyway.... not a big deal to you.    Meh.
9.  Get called on being asinine about fanboi tactics?   Accuse person of adding no value, being too sensitive, being part of the problem, or just toss virtual hands up and say 'hey I'm just being a totally neutral and cool dude here!   Don't look at me! "
10.  Accuse accusers of being 'crazy', 'adding no value', 'hey look!  people are rolly eyeing you'

And no, this isn't directed only at Canuck.   I'm NOT going to get into the business of naming names, like Canuck, Forgeforsaken, Tilt..........
Roll Eyes

damn.   I forgot the roll eyes emoticon.   That's #12
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 01, 2013, 02:43:17 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 01, 2013, 02:31:06 AM

The fact that you've gone to the effort if writing this whole thing shows that you're way too into it. You're way too defensive for someone who is getting both consoles. You're even slamming your own console purchase ("haha no Titanfall for ps4!") just to spite others. It's time to take a step back.
TiLT has posted lots of negative xbox news because there's been an embarrassment of riches in that regard. But he also consistently posts negative Sony news as well.

Reference items #4 and #12
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 01, 2013, 02:47:43 AM »

Has anyone called anyone a fool here for buying a console?  Or that opinions are invalid?  This is what I'm not getting in this "fanboi" argument.  It just seems hyper defensive to me.

No, but I just pointed out in that post, in all caps, that I was referring to the internet as a whole. And yes, I have seen plenty of comments to that effect on other sites.

Sure it's going to seem hyper-defensive if you A: only read this forum or B: aren't on the receiving end of the comments.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 01, 2013, 02:47:48 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 01, 2013, 02:43:17 AM

Quote from: Canuck on November 01, 2013, 02:31:06 AM

Reference items #4 and #12

I'm glad you're owning up to pretending to be non-partisan, that ruse of yours was getting old.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: November 01, 2013, 05:18:58 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 31, 2013, 11:27:45 PM

There's two types of third party exclusives really.  There's the good ones where the company basically helps fund a game that wouldn't get made otherwise, like Bayonetta 2 on Wii U, or Dead Rising 3 on the XB1 (at least that's the impression I've gotten from Capcom), and then there's the shitty ones where a company pays out to prevent a game that would be on multiple platforms from being able to.  Pretty much all the players do both types, but I'd really rather see more of the first and less of the second.

This is a perfect description of how I feel about exclusives. I like them when they exist because one company decided to help create it. I dislike them when they would have exited anyway, but are exclusive simply because of money. The former is something players benefit from, the latter is not.

This is the main reason why I decided on purchasing a PS3 halfway through the previous generation, despite having spent years slamming it beforehand. Sony's way to handle exclusives made gaming richer. At the same time I was frustrated at the way Microsoft would handle DLC in particular. They never took any risks, instead only "taking away" titles that everyone would otherwise have a chance to play.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 01, 2013, 06:59:30 AM »

Has there been any news on the amount of Xbox's coming out this first shipment? I know its probably too soon to talk about when they get to Europe, but it would probably be a nice indication of any scarcities. The stores in Denmark at least still claim to have more than enough PS4s for launch, but they did so the last time around as well and that wasn't true then, and I don't think it will be true now either.

I must admit, I'm not happy to be missing Dead Rising 3 if we go all PS4, but there's a slight chance we'll get both consoles as well down the line. I know my GF would want an Xbox, since its the one she cut her teeth on, so to speak, starting out her life as a gamer with the entire Mass Effect series (Twice) and she loves the controller of the 360. We have recently played a lot of diablo 3 on the PS3 though, since it wasn't in the Xbox store, and she's fine with the PS3 controller now as well. Brand loyalty is strong, I guess!

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: November 01, 2013, 07:08:43 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 01, 2013, 06:59:30 AM

Has there been any news on the amount of Xbox's coming out this first shipment? I know its probably too soon to talk about when they get to Europe, but it would probably be a nice indication of any scarcities. The stores in Denmark at least still claim to have more than enough PS4s for launch, but they did so the last time around as well and that wasn't true then, and I don't think it will be true now either.

There's been nothing new that I've heard about since the rumors about yield problems. It looks like the 13 countries getting the Xbox Ones should have enough of them, at least.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 01, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 31, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

I just don't get the Xboner need to get so defensive if news comes out that there are things the PS4 can do that the Xbone cannot.  Even if Xbone is forever behind the PS4 in terms of 1080p ability, the Xbone will still also always do things the PS4 cannot.

I bought a GameCube knowing it was less powerful than the Xbox and with way fewer games than the PS2, but I still was happy to have a GameCube and was glad I got to play its exclusives.   Going further back, I owned a Genesis instead of a SNES and loved it, despite the SNES being vastly more popular.  I also really liked playing SNES games at my friends' houses.

If the PS4 ends up being more powerful than the Xbone, so what?  If you still want one, go right ahead.  I think I want one so I can play Forza and Tits'n'Fall.  If I do get an Xbone first, I'll also likely buy some things like Call of Duty even knowing that people with a PS4 are playing the same game with three hundred and sixty more Ps.  So what?  Why get huffy when news comes out that the PS4 is probably better at some things?  Hell, the PS3 did some things better than the 360 but it didn't mean I felt attacked for preferring the 360.

Both systems have their pros and cons.  There's no need to take it personally just because something new in the Xbone's Con column comes to light.  It will still also have Pros.

You watch your mouth! The is the most insulting thing I have read in YEARS! Now, say your sorry! slywink
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: November 01, 2013, 12:25:02 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 30, 2013, 05:39:43 PM

Hmmmm...Sony just posted this for 3rd Party Launch titles:

Angry Birds Star Wars Activision
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Ubisoft
Call of Duty Ghosts Activison
FIFA 14 EA Sports
Battlefield 4 Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2014 Ubisoft
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Madden NFL 25 EA Sports
NBA 2K14 2K Sports

Skylanders is not on there, so I guess it got delayed?  Amazon still shows the 15th.

The list has since been updated, and Skylanders (among a number of other titles) has now been added.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 01, 2013, 01:43:56 PM »

Yeah, Sony says its a "living list"...so that as titles pass certification they will be added to the list.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 01, 2013, 01:55:34 PM »

I'm glad you're owning up to pretending to be non-partisan, that ruse of yours was getting old.

I just had to toss my head back and laugh at this.    I'm getting both consoles.

Just for emphasis:

I'm purchasing both consoles with actual money.
Jeg købte begge konsoller med rigtige penge.
我購買有實際金錢的兩個控制臺。
Je vais acheter les deux consoles avec argent réel.
Я покупательной способности обеих консолей с реальных денег.

Just so I'm clear:   Someone who is dropping $900 on both consoles is less qualified to recognize bias against the Xbone in this forum than a few people who are buying one of them and are viewing the entire argument (and their own posts) through that prism?

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: November 01, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 01, 2013, 01:55:34 PM

Someone who is dropping $900 on both consoles is less qualified to recognize bias against the Xbone in this forum than a few people who are buying one of them and are viewing the entire argument (and their own posts) through that prism?

Qualifications are earned, not bought.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 01, 2013, 02:13:01 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 01, 2013, 01:43:56 PM

Yeah, Sony says its a "living list"...so that as titles pass certification they will be added to the list.

All I really want from launch titles right now is DCUO, and its a bit silly to purchase a PS4 for a game I've had for 2 years by now. Well, that, and Minecraft which I also would like on the PS4.

A new one
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 01, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »

Someone who is dropping $900 on both consoles is less qualified to recognize bias against the Xbone in this forum than a few people who are buying one of them and are viewing the entire argument (and their own posts) through that prism?

So you're saying you're just being a totally neutral and cool dude here, don't look at you?   icon_wink
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 01, 2013, 02:24:35 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 01, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

Quote from: Hetz on November 01, 2013, 01:43:56 PM

All I really want from launch titles right now is DCUO, and its a bit silly to purchase a PS4 for a game I've had for 2 years by now. Well, that, and Minecraft which I also would like on the PS4.

I heard that Minecraft will only run in 256 colors on the xbone. And it will be a pixelated mess compared to the non-existent PS4 version.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 01, 2013, 02:39:23 PM »

I just had to toss my head back and laugh at this.    I'm getting both consoles.

Just for emphasis:

我購買有實際金錢的兩個控制臺。

Just so I'm clear:   Someone who is dropping $900 on both consoles is less qualified to recognize bias against the Xbone in this forum than a few people who are buying one of them and are viewing the entire argument (and their own posts) through that prism?
Just to be clear, is this the video game equivalent of saying "I have lots of - - - - friends"  just so it makes it ok to tell offensive jokes?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 01, 2013, 02:40:44 PM »

This thread is beneath GTers. It really is.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 01, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on November 01, 2013, 02:39:23 PM

Just for emphasis:

我購買有實際金錢的兩個控制臺。

Just so I'm clear:   Someone who is dropping $900 on both consoles is less qualified to recognize bias against the Xbone in this forum than a few people who are buying one of them and are viewing the entire argument (and their own posts) through that prism?
Just to be clear, is this the video game equivalent of saying "I have lots of - - - - friends"  just so it makes it ok to tell offensive jokes?

No.   This is the video game equivalent of confronting the jack wagon crap you guys have been tossing on these forums for the past two months.    YK has a more subtle style, but he's totally thinking the same thing.   I've just never been the one to hold back when I see this kind of sanctimonious crap on a forum.    I attack it straight on.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: November 01, 2013, 03:18:43 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 01, 2013, 02:40:44 PM

This thread is beneath GTers. It really is.

Speaking as someone who has no interest in purchasing either one at the moment...

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: November 01, 2013, 03:39:01 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 01, 2013, 03:00:48 PM

I attack it straight on.

And that's the problem. If nobody attacked anyone else, we wouldn't be having any unpleasantness.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: November 01, 2013, 03:47:19 PM »

Trainwrecky!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 01, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 01, 2013, 03:47:19 PM

Trainwrecky!
boom.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 01, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on November 01, 2013, 03:39:01 PM

Quote from: msduncan on November 01, 2013, 03:00:48 PM

I attack it straight on.

And that's the problem. If nobody attacked anyone else, we wouldn't be having any unpleasantness.

The problem is that you and several others have dragged this fanboi crap into GT months ago.    It's not like I'm alone thinking this.   YK and several others are pretty respected members and have observed the same thing.   

Why the heck am I even responding to this?   You have shifted into benevolent fake neutrality voice of reason mode already, so the only thing you are going to do it deny and point fingers back.   

與您性交。去死在火!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 01, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »

Just for emphasis:

我購買有實際金錢的兩個控制臺。

Just so I'm clear:   Someone who is dropping $900 on both consoles is less qualified to recognize bias against the Xbone in this forum than a few people who are buying one of them and are viewing the entire argument (and their own posts) through that prism?

no ASL?  got something against deaf people?

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: November 01, 2013, 04:02:31 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on November 01, 2013, 04:00:09 PM

so the only thing you are going to do it deny and point fingers back.

I don't have to.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 01, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »

seeing as this thread is going to end nowhere nice, can we just lock the damn thing?  or do we need to keep the charade going that anyone cares what system the rest of us are getting?

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: November 01, 2013, 04:38:33 PM »

I care, Caine.

You tell me what system you're getting. Go on.

smile

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: November 01, 2013, 04:40:36 PM »

that's it, I'm turning this whole launch around and it's going back home.  Y'all can have Wii U's for the next gen and like it!

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 01, 2013, 06:05:19 PM »

Quote from: Purge on November 01, 2013, 04:38:33 PM

I care, Caine.

smile

PS4, seeing as how AC4 apparently looks good and I need a good enough looking game to justify the expense.  and because it stands up vertically.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 01, 2013, 06:11:20 PM »

I'm willing to wave the white flag and let's all start fresh with no antagonism. I just finished moving 30+ servers up a flight of stairs so I'm too tired to argue anymore.  icon_biggrin

Right now I'm super-excited for the Xbone and I'm pretty much over the rumor mill. Just ready to play some games!

Forza and AssCreed4 are my must-buys right now. Dead Rising 3 is a strong possibility unless it just gets terrible reviews.

The good news is my birthday is the 26th, and I plan on asking for nothing but games. So I'm hoping to get CoD:Ghosts (have a lot of friends picking this over BF4 for multiplayer), and maybe some of the "lesser demand" titles like Just Dance 2014. As far as downloadables go, PowerStar Golf and Peggle 2 are probably purchases as well. I plan on milking the launch window for all its worth!
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 01, 2013, 06:11:33 PM »

I should have put the Steam Box on the poll.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 01, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on November 01, 2013, 06:11:20 PM

I'm willing to wave the white flag and let's all start fresh with no antagonism. I just finished moving 30+ servers up a flight of stairs so I'm too tired to argue anymore.  icon_biggrin

Right now I'm super-excited for the Xbone and I'm pretty much over the rumor mill. Just ready to play some games!

Forza and AssCreed4 are my must-buys right now. Dead Rising 3 is a strong possibility unless it just gets terrible reviews.

The good news is my birthday is the 26th, and I plan on asking for nothing but games. So I'm hoping to get CoD:Ghosts (have a lot of friends picking this over BF4 for multiplayer), and maybe some of the "lesser demand" titles like Just Dance 2014. As far as downloadables go, PowerStar Golf and Peggle 2 are probably purchases as well. I plan on milking the launch window for all its worth!

I am getting Dead Rising 3 because we are in the middle of Walking Dead season and I'm craving some zombie action.

I'm getting COD to play with the usual crew.

I'm also getting Kill Zone, even though the previous versions of the game didn't do it for me.    The positive buzz it's getting fills me with hope that it's going to be good.

I have to save some stuff for Christmas lest I risk the Wrath of Wife.    So Ryse depending on reviews, NBA2K for PS4, and maybe Madden might make the list.     
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: November 01, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »

(Michael Kane voice): Some posters just want to see the forum burn...

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: November 01, 2013, 06:59:09 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 01, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Quote from: Purge on November 01, 2013, 04:38:33 PM

I care, Caine.

smile

PS4, seeing as how AC4 apparently looks good and I need a good enough looking game to justify the expense.  and because it stands up vertically.

Cool! The vertical doesn't matter much to me although my 360 is vertical at the moment due to it running better that way (drive makes less noise). I have space for my consoles to lie flat though.

I'm getting (for sure)

Xbox One w. controller, headset and Kinect (slywink)
+1 controller w. PlayNCharge
+1 PlayNCharge
Gold 1 year (to get the special skin for Killer Instinct)

Almost 100% unless there is something horribly wrong:
Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Ryse
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4 (if Mikagami is in)

Pretty much the entire rest of the catalog is on my maybe list, with exception to AC4 which I have for PC.

I'm not going to commit to anything else (cross-platform wise) as I may end up with review software on the platform. I don't know that there are many GT review staff with XB1 purchase plans this year.

As for PS4 - I've not cancelled my preorder, but there isn't a whole lot that I'm jonesing for, and with the cost of my PC upgrades, I may not have the capital to put up the 900 for both consoles.

We'll see - if I get it, I already have the second controller, so I see myself getting Killzone, maybe? I dunno. For sure I'd get PSN+ and maybe NFS:R on the platform.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 01, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »

The plan was just got get Killzone  and the PS+ games and to wait until Xmas, but with that Target deal and rumors of Amazon matching it, I'll probably grab two more.  Maybe BF4 and AC4 if I can tack them on to my Amazon preorder, or if I got to Target I'll add Knack or NBA2k14 or maybe something else.  Have to see how it all shakes out.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 01, 2013, 07:24:32 PM »

The new Killzone looks so pretty, but I know next to nothing about the series.  Are the previous titles worth playing?  Start with with the first, or the most recent?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:36 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 01, 2013, 07:24:32 PM

The new Killzone looks so pretty, but I know next to nothing about the series.  Are the previous titles worth playing?  Start with with the first, or the most recent?

I think you can pretty much skip straight to Shadow Fall.  It takes place something like 30+ years after the previous games. 
Killzone 2 also had one of the most aggressively annoying characters as one of your team mates in the history of video games.  At one point playing that game I spent over a minute just knifing him in the face, sadly there was no damage from friendly fire   icon_frown

The older games were also more of CoD style corridor shooter, whereas the new game looks a bit more Crysis like with open levels and multiple approaches to objectives.  I actually think it looks a lot improved from a gameplay point of view based on the trailers.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: