http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 02:16:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 39611 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2013, 10:10:53 PM »

Quote from: Caine on October 22, 2013, 10:06:31 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on October 22, 2013, 09:54:50 PM

nice reversal on this Target.

how dare they change their minds and pull a MS!!! slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2013, 10:23:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2013, 10:10:53 PM

if a Target turns 180, does that mean you get hit instead?  It is funny to read the Kotaku thread and see people complaining that amazon isn't doing enough now.   Roll Eyes  "I only get a $10 credit on another game? FML  crybaby"

I think they needed to make it up to the people after that screw-up.  they should look at the loss as a big lesson for how not to treat loyal customers. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 22, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 22, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

inFamous 2 is one of the very few games I've ever finished, then immediately started up a new game and played the whole thing through a second time.  I'm really looking forward to Second Son. nod

-Autistic Angel

Infamous is one of the few platinum trophies I achieved.   I love the series.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 22, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 22, 2013, 02:19:13 PM

The US preorder numbers are starting to come out, and things are not nearly as dire for MS as the Sony fanboys would have you believe. The PS4 is expected to sell just over a million units with the Xbox selling just under a million. The Xbox has been gaining ground as launch approaches. Nobody's expecting MS to win the launch, but rumors of its "failure" have been grossly exaggerated. Given that the Xbone costs $100 more, I think the fact the race is so close is pretty impressive.
Has anybody ever suggested that MS won't sell out of launch units though? Obviously they're going to be able to sell as much as they can produce for the release. I'm more interested to see how sales are two months after all the hardcore video game players have bought their systems.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 22, 2013, 11:34:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 22, 2013, 10:10:53 PM

Indeed.

I wouldn't call screwing over customers in every single launch decision they made with the box in order to placate publishers who never asked for it "some mistakes", and I don't agree that they should be forgiven for it for a while. What Target has been doing this time around is much, much worse. In a world where megacorporations can and will use every opportunity they have to milk the consumer for money and to sell him/her as a product in marketing, we don't have the luxury of "being nice" to them if they don't deserve it. Money is the only language they understand, and we haven't gotten far enough in this launch yet that this has become a factor.

So patience! Target will be forgiven in time, as long as they don't keep being assholes. It's way too early to forgive them though, when we haven't had a chance to punish them yet.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2013, 01:29:51 AM »

OK the story that was posted 25-30 minutes ago on the front page about COD running on Xbone at 720p whilst running at 1080p on PS4 has me freaking out.     If Xbone can't handle a cross generation title at 1080 how in the devil are they going to promise me that this thing will last even 3 years, much less 7 or 8?

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2013, 02:05:35 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 23, 2013, 01:29:51 AM

OK the story that was posted 25-30 minutes ago on the front page about COD running on Xbone at 720p whilst running at 1080p on PS4 has me freaking out.     If Xbone can't handle a cross generation title at 1080 how in the devil are they going to promise me that this thing will last even 3 years, much less 7 or 8?

I'd still wait for more confirmation before going into full panic mode.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:12 AM »

alright, in the interest of keeping the week of November 18th south of a grand (got to keep some sanity in the equation biggrin), I've got a new gameplan:

buying for the XB1:

Dead Rising 3
CoD: Ghosts
Forza 5 LE
Ryse
Killer Instinct

Renting from Gamefly:
Madden 25
Just Dance 2014

that should give me something to play on the extended weekend.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2013, 02:28:16 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 23, 2013, 02:22:12 AM

alright, in the interest of keeping the week of November 18th south of a grand (got to keep some sanity in the equation biggrin), I've got a new gameplan:

buying for the XB1:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5 LE
Ryse
Killer Instinct

Renting from Gamefly:
Madden 25
Just Dance 2014

too bad you didn't pre-order watchdogs from Target, you could have bought 4 more games  ninja  Tongue

seriously though, that looks like a good line up for opening weekend.  I take it you are going PC for AC4? 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 23, 2013, 02:30:32 AM »

Quote from: Caine on October 23, 2013, 02:28:16 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 23, 2013, 02:22:12 AM

buying for the XB1:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5 LE
Ryse
Killer Instinct

Renting from Gamefly:
Madden 25
Just Dance 2014

too bad you didn't pre-order watchdogs from Target, you could have bought 4 more games  ninja  Tongue

seriously though, that looks like a good line up for opening weekend.  I take it you are going PC for AC4? 

yeah, the PC Gold Edition even includes the PS exclusive missions.

Because I can,
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 23, 2013, 05:42:53 AM »

OK the story that was posted 25-30 minutes ago on the front page about COD running on Xbone at 720p whilst running at 1080p on PS4 has me freaking out.     If Xbone can't handle a cross generation title at 1080 how in the devil are they going to promise me that this thing will last even 3 years, much less 7 or 8?
Why do you gotta be so biased against the xbox one? slywink
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 23, 2013, 07:40:26 AM »

While I'm more interested in a PS4, I'm curious why it mattes so much on a tv/console what resolution the game runs in? Is it really that big a difference? Will most people know or care?

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: October 23, 2013, 07:50:27 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 23, 2013, 07:40:26 AM

Is it really that big a difference? Will most people know or care?

Yes, and yes. People will care, and they will know. This is the kind of thing where they don't have to seek information about it. The information will come to them. Once the story has been verified (and it's seeming more likely for every hour that passes. Two MS representatives have given some very evasive answers about this, which gives credence to the story), it will be picked up by every gaming news site out there. At that point a variety of regular news sites will also pick up the story because it's about 1) Call of Duty and 2) new consoles.

As for the difference between 720p and 1080p... well, try playing a game like GTA V, which uses 720p very well, then watch a Blu-Ray immediately afterwards. You'll be stunned by the difference.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 23, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 23, 2013, 07:40:26 AM

While I'm more interested in a PS4, I'm curious why it mattes so much on a tv/console what resolution the game runs in? Is it really that big a difference? Will most people know or care?

If xbone can't run the game at 1080p, then there is not much future for xbone. With PS4 if future games requires higher cpu/gpu power, they can still scale it down to run at 720p. With xbone that now only can run 720p, there are not much room to scale it down. They can't claim it is HD but run it at 480p so the only option is to reduce the detail. xbone's graphic will be of lower quality compare to ps4 version.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: October 23, 2013, 08:55:34 AM »

Let me be clear here : this is not good news for Microsoft - in fact, this will cost them sales (COD PS4>XB1?) but there are reasons NOT to believe the sky is falling:

A) rumour
B) One game
C) Console launch

We already know the dev kits have been problematic and MS's eSRAM adds a layer of complexity to development, at this point in time, even if the rumour is true, it is one developer on one game at-launch. Because of the difference in architecture, one can expect these kinds of problems to come up - having read about the structure I understand some of why this may not be reflective of products down the line.

Do you remember the games at console launch for the 7th or even 6th generations? MS can't afford to not have the next COD, period - so even if the dev couldn't optimize the game for their console enough to match specs, there is a hard deadline. It would not surprise me to hear that the dev kits are the reason we're seeing an Xbox One launch late november rather than October.

As for screen res, how many sets are out there that are 1080i/720p? Don't think about your own TVs as example - we're exceptional in that regard. A game coming out today, cross-gen, in 720p is not great - but it's not panic-worthy either. It is certainly a big hurdle that they're facing right now - and they need to start coming out with info on what's going on.

With something like Drive Club - we don't draw conclusion that they couldn't get their stuff together at Sony (and that's their OWN game, on a platform which is "easier" to develop for, right?). This is COD - A/B ain't going to miss Christmas against Battlefield 4 on 4 major platforms because their dev / MS consulting couldn't get the kinks worked out.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:00:44 AM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:26 AM »

Since I'm up before the sun is, let me be clear: Titanfall rumours != proof. Certainly not a game that has another 4 months in the oven. Battlefield 4 and Need For Speed would be more telling.

If the product is consistently inferior it will strengthen my PS4 ownership resolve, though.

Or force me to simply go and get that GT 760 I've been eying.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2013, 10:09:44 AM »

the rumor is bad for MS, and if hardcore gamers start screaming loud enough about it, then the casual crowd that plays shooters will start to care too..   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »

If this rumor turns out to be true then kudos to Gaming Trend because I just did a quick Google news search and nothing came up. That's quite a scoop. On the other hand, if it's not true...
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2013, 11:07:07 AM

If this rumor turns out to be true then kudos to Gaming Trend because I just did a quick Google news search and nothing came up. That's quite a scoop. On the other hand, if it's not true...

I think most big sites are well aware of the rumor but are choosing not to write about it until they can get some kind of confirmation. If it's true it could be really damaging for Microsoft, and I suspect most gaming sites would rather err on the side of caution in a case like that. Dragging Microsoft's reputation through the dirt and then discovering that the rumor wasn't true at all would end up looking bad for everyone involved.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2013, 11:42:52 AM »

Quote from: Purge on October 23, 2013, 08:55:34 AM

Let me be clear here : this is not good news for Microsoft - in fact, this will cost them sales (COD PS4>XB1?) but there are reasons NOT to believe the sky is falling:

A) rumour
B) One game
C) Console launch

We already know the dev kits have been problematic and MS's eSRAM adds a layer of complexity to development, at this point in time, even if the rumour is true, it is one developer on one game at-launch. Because of the difference in architecture, one can expect these kinds of problems to come up - having read about the structure I understand some of why this may not be reflective of products down the line.

Do you remember the games at console launch for the 7th or even 6th generations? MS can't afford to not have the next COD, period - so even if the dev couldn't optimize the game for their console enough to match specs, there is a hard deadline. It would not surprise me to hear that the dev kits are the reason we're seeing an Xbox One launch late november rather than October.

As for screen res, how many sets are out there that are 1080i/720p? Don't think about your own TVs as example - we're exceptional in that regard. A game coming out today, cross-gen, in 720p is not great - but it's not panic-worthy either. It is certainly a big hurdle that they're facing right now - and they need to start coming out with info on what's going on.

With something like Drive Club - we don't draw conclusion that they couldn't get their stuff together at Sony (and that's their OWN game, on a platform which is "easier" to develop for, right?). This is COD - A/B ain't going to miss Christmas against Battlefield 4 on 4 major platforms because their dev / MS consulting couldn't get the kinks worked out.

It is far more than one game though:

XB1:
Ryse = 900p ( aka 1600x900 )
Battlefield = 720p
Titanfall = 720p
Killer Instinct = 720p
Assassins Creed = ??? (I'd be shocked if it is anything other than 720p at this point)
Call of Duty = 720p
Dead Rising 3 = " variable " ( between what and what though? 900 and 720? )
Forza = 1080p

PS4:
The Order: 1886 = 1080p
 KillZone: Shadow Fall = 1080p (MP=60fps, SP=30fps)
 Infamous: Second Son = 1080p
 DriveClub = 1080p (Targeting 60fps)
 Resogun = 1080p (60fps)
 Knack = 1080p
 Assassinís Creed 4: Black Flag = 1080p
 Thief = 1080p
 Blacklight: Retribution = 1080p
 Warframe = 1080p
 Call of Duty: GHOSTS = 1080p
 Flower = 1080p (60fps)
 FIFA = 1080p
 DC: Universe Online = 1080p (60fps)

Notice a trend? IMO, this does not bode well for the future of the XB1, as a gaming console. It may be amazing as an entertainment hub....but it is becoming more and more apparent that it is vastly underpowered as a game machine. MS was really caught off guard by the PS4, I believe. With all the upclocks and talk of "balance", they are grasping at straws. Now, Call of Duty, the flagship Xbox Live game, is an inferior product on the XB1....a MORE EXPENSIVE machine. That is not going to go over well with the general public. Why should people be paying more for an inferior game?

Like I said, if you are buying it as a entertainment hub (as MS wanted all along), then it's still a good buy....providing everything works as stated. If you are buying it as a game machine....not smart move, IMO.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »

I'd be fine with games in 720p properly upscaled. However, after watching the same movies on dvd and bluray quality, you definitely notice the difference. Also, there's a reason why people play games at native resolutions on their monitors, it's just more crisp.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 23, 2013, 11:50:31 AM

I'd be fine with games in 720p properly upscaled. However, after watching the same movies on dvd and bluray quality, you definitely notice the difference. Also, there's a reason why people play games at native resolutions on their monitors, it's just more crisp.

Despite having been a gamer for a little over 200 years (Hi DBT!) I still struggle with the damn resolution concepts - What does native resolution mean, and why is it more crisp? Sorry for derail, just interested in the topic.

A new one
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2013, 12:09:13 PM »

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2013, 12:27:19 PM »

Ah, don't worry, it's nothing too complicated or rage sparking.

For LCD monitors, they all have a native resolution, which is how the panel is made that limits what resolution it can display and how well an image matches up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_resolution

When you set your computer's resolution, if it's lower than your LCD monitor's native resolution, it will be upscaled to the nature resolution. If you've ever tried to enlarge a small image, you know that it can make the image pixelated or blurry depending on how you enlarged the image. The same applies to upscaling to native resolution.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2013, 12:34:29 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 23, 2013, 12:09:13 PM

Alarm from the Xbox One version of CoD.

Alarm from the PS4 version of CoD.

biggrin
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 23, 2013, 11:42:52 AM

Like I said, if you are buying it as a entertainment hub (as MS wanted all along), then it's still a good buy....providing everything works as stated. If you are buying it as a game machine....not smart move, IMO.

Did anyone really want an entertainment hub?

MS has made this their drive (and were starting to do so with the 360) without actually seeing if anyone desired it.  I understand the need for them to be the One machine that does everything in your living room.  The problem is they should have made this a secondary feature that worked easily and well.  If they focused on this next gen as a games console and barely mentioned the things they were excited about, then all of a sudden it would have come out, and the gazillion 360 users would have followed along ready to play games but all of a sudden, they were surprised by how wonderfully all-encompassing the unit really was.  They'd start using it for more and more things.  It would sneakily become ubiquitous (but sneaky in a good way).  Then MS would be set for both this gen and the next and the others would be scrambling to follow suit.

Instead, it was overwhelmingly their focus from the start.  Games became secondary in every facet of the Xbone's development and release, from the Sports! TV! launch to the advertising to the growingly clear fact that too much of the power of the machine is dedicated to things we don't give a shit about (yet).

Microsoft has lost its way and are losing a lot of fans as a result.  

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 23, 2013, 12:27:19 PM

Ah, don't worry, it's nothing too complicated or rage sparking.

For LCD monitors, they all have a native resolution, which is how the panel is made that limits what resolution it can display and how well an image matches up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_resolution

When you set your computer's resolution, if it's lower than your LCD monitor's native resolution, it will be upscaled to the nature resolution. If you've ever tried to enlarge a small image, you know that it can make the image pixelated or blurry depending on how you enlarged the image. The same applies to upscaling to native resolution.
Aha - Thank makes sense. Thanks!

A new one
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2013, 12:48:05 PM »

The worst case scenario I see with this whole 720p issue is that this Gen hardcore gamers will switch consoles when it comes to multiplatform games. Especially early on in the cycle, but still have both systems for the exclusives, just like last gen. Last time around most people bought the multi platform titles on the 360, this time around they will get them on the PS4.

This issue also adds a lot into the speculation about the Xbone dev kits being WAY behind and also shows why every single video or demo we have seen has either been for the PS4 or PC.

Heck remember back to E3 when all of the Xbone demos were running on PCs instead of an actual Xbone, whereas PS4 games were running on PS4s. At this stage the Xbox is behind, but I have no doubt they will right the ship.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2013, 12:34:29 PM

Quote from: msduncan on October 23, 2013, 12:09:13 PM

Alarm from the Xbox One version of CoD.

Alarm from the PS4 version of CoD.

biggrin

LOL

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: October 23, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »

Heh, it won't be that bad. Upscaling tech is pretty good these days, but it will still be noticeable.

A lot of people, even with 1080p TVs, say they're okay with it for games, the reality is that every game this generation has been using 720p as the game's resolution. The 360 has a built in upscaler that's pretty good, and the PS3 has no upscaler so it either uses a TV's built in upscaler (rare) or just has the TV switch into one of the modes the PS3 supports.

Bluray exists and is justified only because of that difference. It's easy to discount 1080p video, but after you watch a bunch of true 1080p video you start noticing how blurry 720p is.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: October 23, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »

Keep in mind that many of the numbers Hetz posted are so far unconfirmed. We do know a few of them for sure, particularly on the PS4 side where Sony is actually demanding that all 1st party games run in 1080p. A few have also been confirmed by devs, but there are still many uncertainties in that list. We shouldn't be surprised to see a few multiplatform titles on the PS4 also reduced in resolution.

Btw, the list does match up well with what CBOAT (on NeoGAF) said recently: Only Forza would be 1080p at launch on Xbox One.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 23, 2013, 01:02:59 PM

Bluray exists and is justified only because of that difference. It's easy to discount 1080p video, but after you watch a bunch of true 1080p video you start noticing how blurry 720p is.

Amen! While you can find yourself ignoring the lower resolution once you get absorbed in a piece of media, the difference is still huge and very noticeable. It's one of the reasons (among many) that I steer away from both the 360 and the PS3 for games these days when I can choose to play them at higher resolutions on the PC instead. 720p in games may look acceptable to most console gamers today, but once they get used to 1080p they won't be able to understand how they were able to accept 720p before.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »

Oh and by the way, I'm very sad to say this but I may be cancelling my PS4 pre-order or maybe try to scalp it to some poor (rich) sap here in Japan. The new iPads are really looking good to be and I think it might finally be the time to jump in after avoiding the first 4 generations of Apple's early adopter tax. Plus since my son was born last September 12th, I literally haven't played a game on my PS3. And I've got a TON of free PS+ games just sitting on my HD. I don't think I'm ready to spend $500 on an iPad and $400 on a PS4 at this point in time (at least, that is to say, my wife isn't.)
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 23, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2013, 01:31:05 PM

Plus since my son was born last September 12th, I literally haven't played a game on my PS3.

My gaming time has shifted heavily to iOS because of kids.  Console gaming generally has to happen after 9pm, but iOS gaming I can sneak into little snippets of free time I find throughout the day.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 23, 2013, 02:00:16 PM »

I don't understand all this controversy at all. I mean, so what if it's only 720p? The power of the cloud!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: October 23, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2013, 02:00:16 PM

I don't understand all this controversy at all. I mean, so what if it's only 720p? The power of the cloud!

Funny you should say that. I just saw that the latest issue of Edge compared various features between the PS4 and Xbox One. Here's the verdict, as transcribed on NeoGAF:

Xbox One vs PS4
 Controller - Xbox One
 Hardware - PS4
 Launch Games - Xbox One
 Indie Support - PS4
 First Party Studios - Ps4
 Second Screen Experience - PS4
 Social Services - Xbox One
 Cloud Tech - PS4
 Media and Services - Xbox One
 Development Ease - PS4

Highlight mine. Now I'm really curious what the article says in detail, because that came out of left field.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 23, 2013, 02:05:45 PM »

I haven't read it but surely it will be about Gaikai.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 23, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 23, 2013, 02:03:00 PM

Quote from: Canuck on October 23, 2013, 02:00:16 PM

Funny you should say that. I just saw that the latest issue of Edge compared various features between the PS4 and Xbox One. Here's the verdict, as transcribed on NeoGAF:

Xbox One vs PS4
 Controller - Xbox One
 Hardware - PS4
 Launch Games - Xbox One
 Indie Support - PS4
 First Party Studios - Ps4
 Second Screen Experience - PS4
 Social Services - Xbox One
 Cloud Tech - PS4
 Media and Services - Xbox One
 Development Ease - PS4

Highlight mine. Now I'm really curious what the article says in detail, because that came out of left field.

Yep, it's got to be about Gaikai and the ability to play PS3 games using the cloud.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 23, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 23, 2013, 02:05:45 PM

I haven't read it but surely it will be about Gaikai.

Probably came down to being able to play older PS3 games I bet which is a feather in their cap

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 23, 2013, 01:02:59 PM

yeah, Netflix sent me season 1 of Defiance on DVD, tried watching the first disc and couldn't stand how muddy it looked.  Sent them back and I'll re-rent them when they get the blu ray version.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: