http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 03:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 43054 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2013, 01:59:38 PM »

So if I want to order some games from Amazon to come with my consoles on launch day, do I really have to pay for 2nd Day shipping to get them on launch day?

Right now when I'm looking at the games on Amazon, it says for me to select 2nd day in order to get them on launch day.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

On a side note, I'm kinda considering staying up late on the 24th to try to score a Target PS4 to resell.

I know I'm evil for thinking this, but is anyone else considering it too?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 22, 2013, 02:01:13 PM

On a side note, I'm kinda considering staying up late on the 24th to try to score a Target PS4 to resell.

I know I'm evil for thinking this, but is anyone else considering it too?

I haven't cancelled my Amazon PS4 Pre-Order.  With the popularity of the system I might have been wrong on my impression about no money to be made

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »

The US preorder numbers are starting to come out, and things are not nearly as dire for MS as the Sony fanboys would have you believe. The PS4 is expected to sell just over a million units with the Xbox selling just under a million. The Xbox has been gaining ground as launch approaches. Nobody's expecting MS to win the launch, but rumors of its "failure" have been grossly exaggerated. Given that the Xbone costs $100 more, I think the fact the race is so close is pretty impressive.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2013, 02:26:21 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 22, 2013, 02:19:13 PM

The US preorder numbers are starting to come out, and things are not nearly as dire for MS as the Sony fanboys would have you believe. The PS4 is expected to sell just over a million units with the Xbox selling just under a million. The Xbox has been gaining ground as launch approaches. Nobody's expecting MS to win the launch, but rumors of its "failure" have been grossly exaggerated. Given that the Xbone costs $100 more, I think the fact the race is so close is pretty impressive.

Source?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

And frankly if that's true it is a bit of a failure for MS.  They dominated last cycle in the US, they should easily have led this launch in the US.  The US numbers didn't appear to be super dire either as we didn't see the Free game bundles over here like they got in Europe, those numbers must be interesting to see.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2013, 02:37:56 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 22, 2013, 02:26:21 PM

Source?

Source   What exactly is your beef with MS?   

NiM$
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 22, 2013, 02:37:56 PM

Source?

His beef is that he's not getting an Xbone.   Because of that, he's engaging in the time honored tradition of trashing the console he's not getting so as to help bolster the one that he's investing a lot of money into.

It's old skool.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2013, 03:12:27 PM »

Source?

Asking for a source hardly qualifies as a beef, there's a lot of FUD out there right now.  I also personally don't put any stock in VGchartz, but man if those numbers are right PS4 has the killer exclusive this launch with Killzone looking to sell as much as Forza, Dead Rising and Ryse combined!*

*I don't believe for a second that those numbers are right or that that is going to happen.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 22, 2013, 03:05:10 PM

Source?

His beef is that he's not getting an Xbone.   Because of that, he's engaging in the time honored tradition of trashing the console he's not getting so as to help bolster the one that he's investing a lot of money into.

It's old skool.

What the fuck? I was asking for a source because I'm curious and because there have been very few real numbers released for preorders so far, making it interesting reading no matter the conclusion. That you people assume that it was some sort of underhanded attack on MS says more about your own degree of blind fanboyism than anything else.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »

As for the source itself, it seems reasonable enough, if a little low for both consoles. Is VGChartz reliable when it comes to this kind of data? Where do they get their numbers from? Are these educated guesses or numbers from the retail chains themselves?

The only preorder data I've seen so far has been a quote from a Sony representative who claimed that PS4 preorders were well above 1 million. This was a few weeks ago. I don't know if he was referring to the US alone, or to worldwide preorders.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2013, 03:27:54 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 22, 2013, 03:12:27 PM

I also personally don't put any stock in VGchartz, but man if those numbers are right PS4 has the killer exclusive this launch with Killzone looking to sell as much as Forza, Dead Rising and Ryse combined!*

It's not unreasonable to expect something like that to happen, but not necessarily because of the quality of any of those games. First person shooters tend to sell a lot better than other genres. Ryse is probably the closest you'll get to a non-"niche" title out of the three others, at least as far as AAA titles go.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2013, 03:31:39 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 22, 2013, 03:19:32 PM

Source?

It's old skool.

What the fuck? I was asking for a source because I'm curious and because there have been very few real numbers released for preorders so far, making it interesting reading no matter the conclusion. That you people assume that it was some sort of underhanded attack on MS says more about your own degree of blind fanboyism than anything else.

I wasn't taking your single post request for a source in a vaccum.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

And the Killzone numbers reflect the fact that

1.  PS4 doesn't have many exclusives at the time of launch
2.  A few of their big titles were delayed

So if you want to play a game on your PS4 at launch, you must swallow the Killzone pill.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2013, 03:38:31 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 22, 2013, 03:31:39 PM

Quote from: TiLT on October 22, 2013, 03:19:32 PM

Source?

It's old skool.

I wasn't taking your single post request for a source in a vaccum.

Yes you were. It entered your brain.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 22, 2013, 03:33:14 PM

So if you want to play a game on your PS4 at launch, you must swallow the Killzone pill.

Except those numbers still have Watch Dogs on them.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »

Is there ANY way we can get those of you constantly having to resort to personal attacks, speculations, fan boy callings and the like to not do this?

I am interested in these consoles, but this forum has some of the worst console wars I've seen lately, and its getting tiresome.

It would be a LOT easier if people stuck to facts, instead of making inflammatory remarks.

A new one
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 22, 2013, 03:39:55 PM

Quote from: msduncan on October 22, 2013, 03:33:14 PM

Except those numbers still have Watch Dogs on them.

But those numbers also probably reflect the latest developments.    That means people that have preordered since that time and gone with Killzone because they heard watchdogs was delayed..... and also people that shifted their preorders to Killzone from watchdogs.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2013, 03:42:09 PM »

Apparently the numbers were good enough for Forbes to trust them, as that was my original source.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2013, 03:44:37 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 22, 2013, 03:41:19 PM

Is there ANY way we can get those of you constantly having to resort to personal attacks, speculations, fan boy callings and the like to not do this?

I am interested in these consoles, but this forum has some of the worst console wars I've seen lately, and its getting tiresome.

It would be a LOT easier if people stuck to facts, instead of making inflammatory remarks.

Maybe we could create a Bickering subforum or subthread and have the mods move those posts there.  Could be a lot of fun to read them all jumbled together out of context. smile
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2013, 03:45:36 PM »

Quote from: TiLT

So I've been attacking your extremely ant-MS pro-Sony position in my posts.    You have, on more than one occasion, gone straight for the personal insult.

I surrender.   You are awesomely cool.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 22, 2013, 03:45:36 PM

Quote from: TiLT

So I've been attacking your extremely ant-MS pro-Sony position in my posts.    You have, on more than one occasion, gone straight for the personal insult.

I surrender.   You are awesomely cool.

Glad we can agree on something then.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »

Honestly, it's really NOT that bad here.    In fact, this is like the United Nations compared to other sites.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2013, 03:52:50 PM »

here here

NiM$
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »

Just got a call from EB Games. Apparently Sony is letting the PS4 Dual Shock controllers be sold early. Picking mine up today (for PC games at the moment).

Will post pics. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »

This is from GAF
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=27229289&postcount=1

One site in particular, VG Chartz, tends to come up a lot. VG Chartz numbers are considered unreliable, and because sales discussions often degrade into console war-style arguments between posters, it's really important to us that accurate sales numbers are posted for discussion. Users are generally banned for posting VG Chartz numbers because of the way it derails threads and prevents good discussion.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:58:53 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2013, 03:57:11 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 22, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

here here

But you...just...oh nevermind.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 22, 2013, 03:57:11 PM

here here

What I'm not for either console... If Kato, Jarrodhk , Hark and other went PS4 I would sell my Xbox instead of the PS4.  I'm still hoping you would change your mind.  Seriously, these fanboi wars are bit weary. 

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 22, 2013, 04:08:29 PM

here here

What I'm not for either console... If Kato, Jarrodhk , Hark and other went PS4 I would sell my Xbox instead of the PS4.  I'm still hoping you would change your mind.  Seriously, these fanboi wars are bit weary. 

I believe he's referring to your reply to my source question, which ended up leading to the unpleasantness afterwards.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 22, 2013, 04:10:02 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 22, 2013, 04:08:29 PM

here here

I believe he's referring to your reply to my source question,

Source?
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

So back on topic smile.  I had the PS4 preordered but canceled it and now and holding out for a Xbox one... Main reason?  Kids love kinect and wife is super interested in the workout stuff.   With 3 kids, I'm not nearly as hardcore of a gamer so lots of time is spent either playing ridiculous Wipeout type games with them or sneaking in time for the occasional rpg, shooter or sports game prior to me passing out from exhaustion after a normal day..lol

I'm looking to maybe pickup a PS4 down be road when Naughty Dog exclusives come out but I suspect I have a bit of time.   I'll be watching closely here though for reviews.   Since everything is sold out, maybe I get swayed yet again!

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2013, 04:53:27 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 21, 2013, 09:28:03 PM

Quote from: Caine on October 21, 2013, 09:22:41 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 21, 2013, 08:42:44 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 20, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2013, 08:12:41 AM

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 20, 2013, 08:11:04 AM

So, lets say I'm a jackass. Lets take this further and say I've been too busy, and somewhat lazy, somehow... And I'd didn't preorder a ps4. Does anyone know of any places still taking preorders? I don't wanna OCD and combust and just get a xbone to satisfy my compulsive needs. Anyone, anywho?!

I hear Target will have a bunch up for pre-order on 10-25.

Sweet for me! Not so much for the others.

Btw, is this online or instore?

who knows?  Target isn't telling anyone anything yet, but be sure, if you wait online, it will be in store pre-orders only.  wait outside the store?  they'll be online only.  wake up at 12am on the 25th?  ha, they used EST.  oh, you live on the east coast, well, they used NZ time.  oh, you live in NZ? don't worry, we have you covered too.  It's in local dollars, but based on a more expensive exchange rate.  you live in another country and want to order when NZ opens?  nice try buddy, we limit orders in the time zone on a first-come, first-serve basis.  

*don't forget to take advantage of Target's Special Offer (which isn't specified until the last order screen):  
The pre-order is part of a limited edition bundle with 3 non-official accessories you wouldn't buy yourself even if they weren't 50% more and a game to be cancelled later (which resets the pre-order voucher, naturally).  

oh, and we also promise to have unscheduled server issues resulting in the potential loss of any shopping cart items, email and payment data and confirmation notices for at least 7-10 days.  

So I take it you are suggesting I look elsewhere? icon_wink I'm gonna be 2 wks into zero cigarettes by then if all goes as planned and I just wanted a pick me up. Well, and I just really want a ps4 soon!

in case you want to go with Amazon, they have the launch day PS4/BF4/PS+ bundle available now.  plus you save $10
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DE2W5XG
same deal with PS4/KZSF/PS+
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DE2W4PK
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 05:10:30 PM by Caine » Logged

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 22, 2013, 03:56:07 PM

This is from GAF

One site in particular, VG Chartz, tends to come up a lot. VG Chartz numbers are considered unreliable, and because sales discussions often degrade into console war-style arguments between posters, it's really important to us that accurate sales numbers are posted for discussion. Users are generally banned for posting VG Chartz numbers because of the way it derails threads and prevents good discussion.

VGchartz numbers are usually a bunch of junk but NeoGaf posters hardly need any help to derail threads.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »

Ok so I just preordered:

PS4:

Killzone

Xbone:

Dead Rising 3
COD

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on October 22, 2013, 05:27:12 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 22, 2013, 03:56:07 PM

This is from GAF

VGchartz numbers are usually a bunch of junk but NeoGaf posters hardly need any help to derail threads.

This.

VGchartz numbers have been discredited for years. They have never been taken seriously.

Anyway, PS4 and XB1 will both do well this holiday....though being $100 more expensive is going to hold back the XB1...no getting around that. The really interesting thing will be to see how they sell next Spring. Titanfall for the XB1 and Infamous for the PS4. I think the simple fact that Titanfall will be out at the same time for the PC and 360 will hurt the XB1. Infamous is a true exclusive and you have to buy a PS4 to play it. Advantage PS4.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 22, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »

inFamous 2 is one of the very few games I've ever finished, then immediately started up a new game and played the whole thing through a second time.  I'm really looking forward to Second Son. nod

-Autistic Angel
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 22, 2013, 09:54:26 PM »

think the simple fact that Titanfall will be out at the same time for the PC and 360 will hurt the XB1. Infamous is a true exclusive and you have to buy a PS4 to play it. Advantage PS4.

I disagree. There are a LOT of console gamers who don't have a gaming PC. So they're going to have to buy an XB1 to play Titanfall. And when it comes to which game is more highly anticipated, Titanfall wins hands down.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 22, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »

http://kotaku.com/target-apologizes-making-good-on-cancelled-ps4-pre-ord-1450168096
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2013, 10:02:25 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 22, 2013, 09:54:26 PM

think the simple fact that Titanfall will be out at the same time for the PC and 360 will hurt the XB1. Infamous is a true exclusive and you have to buy a PS4 to play it. Advantage PS4.

I disagree. There are a LOT of console gamers who don't have a gaming PC. So they're going to have to buy an XB1 to play Titanfall. And when it comes to which game is more highly anticipated, Titanfall wins hands down.

unless they have a 360.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on October 22, 2013, 09:54:50 PM

any affected by the cancellation are getting a $100 giftcard.  nice reversal on this Target.  glad people are getting what they ordered  thumbsup

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: