http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 06:27:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 43499 times)
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »

icon_lol

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 20, 2013, 08:11:04 AM

So, lets say I'm a jackass. Lets take this further and say I've been too busy, and somewhat lazy, somehow... And I'd didn't preorder a ps4. Does anyone know of any places still taking preorders? I don't wanna OCD and combust and just get a xbone to satisfy my compulsive needs. Anyone, anywho?!

Yeah, Target is going to have some available on 10/25....thanks to the delays of Watch_Dogs and DriveClub. They decided to cancel the orders of people that ordered those bundles....since as you know its way too complex to remove a game from a bundle! Sucks for people that ordered a PS4 from Target.....but their loss can be your gain! smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »

thumbsup

A new one
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »

Still insanity to me that Target is doing that.

I would think long and hard before preordering something from Target from now on if I were one of the affected people.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2013, 06:38:47 PM »

I'd think long and hard before preordering something from Target from now on even though I'm not one of the affected people.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2013, 08:12:41 AM

So, lets say I'm a jackass. Lets take this further and say I've been too busy, and somewhat lazy, somehow... And I'd didn't preorder a ps4. Does anyone know of any places still taking preorders? I don't wanna OCD and combust and just get a xbone to satisfy my compulsive needs. Anyone, anywho?!

I hear Target will have a bunch up for pre-order on 10-25.

Sweet for me! Not so much for the others.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2013, 12:53:21 AM »

Yeah, I read that.   So damn glad that Amazon had the business sense to honor their orders instead of pulling this kind of move.   Target deserves the customer hate fallout from this decision.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2013, 02:17:40 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 20, 2013, 06:38:47 PM

I'd think long and hard before preordering something from Target from now on even though I'm not one of the affected people.

I would never have been crazy enough to preorder from a place like Target in the first place.  Or Wal-Mart or any type of store like that.  They're good for general goods, but I don't trust them with video game-related releases.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2013, 02:47:05 AM »

From someone that is planning to get both of these systems, I'll have to say that Sony is winning the commercials:

Lame pie in sky vague Xbone commercial

vs

Really good "Perfect Day" PS4 commercial
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2013, 03:05:50 AM »

I think they're both losing - MS's commercial was lame, and notably so. They should instead be showing the integration.

"xbox - tell us about you" fade from black, and then go through the interface with games, movies, tv etc... showing us what it is all about.

Not seeing the fucking product is, at this point in time, the same crap that people had a problem with the initial press conference.

As for PS4 : frankly, I'd hate to have those two idiots singing to each other about drinking Sangria in the park during a team deathmatch. There is also an irony that just days after the commercial was released that the middle game, Drive Club, also got bumped off track for a later release. smile

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2013, 03:07:58 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 21, 2013, 02:47:05 AM

From someone that is planning to get both of these systems, I'll have to say that Sony is winning the commercials:

vs

That was lame. I stopped after 45 seconds. Did it get any better? Typical Microsoft. Also I thought it was funny that they included an overseas soldier because if MS had had their way she wouldn't have even been able to play the new Xbox One!
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2013, 03:09:44 AM »

Just some famous faces joining the ranks (Spielberg, JJ Abrams IIRC)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2013, 03:11:16 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 21, 2013, 02:47:05 AM

vs

clicked on each and turned off both within 20 seconds.  the MS one was boring and the singing in the PS4 one was horrid.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2013, 03:27:10 AM »

This made my day. I laughed my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LB12u6D27g

Mind you, I didn't spend 12 minutes on it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:29:09 AM by Purge » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2013, 03:28:28 AM »

skipped through it.  some guy ranting about cherries or something.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2013, 03:31:04 AM »

Offering Forza instead of FIFA to EU preorders if you want to switch.

He rants about not getting shit in the states (I guess he missed the point where the regions in EU which are going to have to wait till 2014).

Ah well. I dunno if this is Harris, or the advertising team at MS really are clueless - the class of advertising here is pathetic. I can't believe either of these companies actually sell products. Sony's E3 sucker punch was the best move ever, and everything since has been to let them ride that as long as they can.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:33:08 AM by Purge » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2013, 03:35:21 AM »

ah, well, racing is better than soccer biggrin

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »

Quote from: Purge on October 21, 2013, 03:31:04 AM

He rants about not getting shit in the states (I guess he missed the point where the regions in EU which are going to have to wait till 2014).

Ah well. I dunno if this is Harris, or the advertising team at MS really are clueless - the class of advertising here is pathetic. I can't believe either of these companies actually sell products. Sony's E3 sucker punch was the best move ever, and everything since has been to let them ride that as long as they can.

I've seen way more TV advertising for the PS4 than I have for the Xbox. I actually can't even say that I've seen an Xbox One Commercial. Whereas the PS4 has the T Bell commercial and that "It's a Great Day" commercial.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2013, 01:55:19 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on October 21, 2013, 11:18:07 AM

I've seen way more TV advertising for the PS4 than I have for the Xbox. I actually can't even say that I've seen an Xbox One Commercial. Whereas the PS4 has the T Bell commercial and that "It's a Great Day" commercial.

Agreed %110. The first and only Xbone question I saw was last night during the walking dead - it was for Dead Rising.

As for me - I'm leaning towards PS4 now - price point is a big one for me. However I know that I'll end up with both systems sooner rather than later....

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2013, 02:14:34 PM »

Have any previews of non-exclusive games been shown running on Xbox One's so far? Try as I might, I can't think of any.  In the meantime, many of these games have been shown on the PS4 (the most recent example being Assassin's Creed 4, where we now have plenty of videos from people who got to play it on the PS4 and were allowed to record their experiences).
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2013, 02:15:53 PM »

Yeah....I've only seen the Dead Rising commercial....and that I've only seen once. I've seen a bunch of PS4 commercials. MS has really screwed this up, at least from a marketing standpoint.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 21, 2013, 02:14:34 PM

Have any previews of non-exclusive games been shown running on Xbox One's so far? Try as I might, I can't think of any.  In the meantime, many of these games have been shown on the PS4 (the most recent example being Assassin's Creed 4, where we now have plenty of videos from people who got to play it on the PS4 and were allowed to record their experiences).

Yeah, that's very telling, IMO. Need for Speed Rivals was shown off recently and people played it on the PS4 and PC. The XB1 version was nowhere to be found. What gives? Is it because it really looks that much worse than the PS4 version that all these companies are terrified to show it in public before release, as has been speculated?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2013, 02:38:29 PM »

this is why I love my DVR; I don't have to see commercials unless I go looking for them on the interwebs.

Because I can,
dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »

The great mystery for me is the ps eye...how is this going to be used?? I can't find anything on line about future plans for it.. I think it does full body movement tracking but really not a lot of info on it.  My wife likes the workout stuff so kinect seems like a better choice but will ps eye be able to do that as well?  Seems by not including it with the system they kind of kept the scope of it's functionality in the dark...

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:15 PM »

Theoretically it could do the body tracking via its two lenses that have different focal lengths. However, because it's just taking in basic visual light info (not infrared), it runs into the same problems as other camera systems, on top of requiring even more processing power (which the PS4 has) to process the visual data.

Overall, it would really only be useful with the DS4 lightbar and Move peripherals where it can track via those with really good precision, better than Kinect, but reliant on the peripheral.

Even if it had been included, I don't see it being anywhere as useful as either kinect models.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:44:02 PM by Turtle » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:17 PM »

just got this email from Amazon.  seems they want to make up for UBI letting Watch Dogs slide.  compare this to Target's response to the game slipping. 

AMZ,  thumbsup

To make up for the inconvenience of changing your PlayStation 4 Watch Dogs Bundle pre-order to a PlayStation 4 Launch Edition, we've added a $10 promotional credit to your account.

This promotional credit is redeemable for Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, and FIFA 14, as well as other select PlayStation 4 games when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. To see all qualifying items, click here.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 20, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

Btw, is this online or instore?
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 21, 2013, 08:42:44 PM

who knows?  Target isn't telling anyone anything yet, but be sure, if you wait online, it will be in store pre-orders only.  wait outside the store?  they'll be online only.  wake up at 12am on the 25th?  ha, they used EST.  oh, you live on the east coast, well, they used NZ time.  oh, you live in NZ? don't worry, we have you covered too.  It's in local dollars, but based on a more expensive exchange rate.  you live in another country and want to order when NZ opens?  nice try buddy, we limit orders in the time zone on a first-come, first-serve basis. 

*don't forget to take advantage of Target's Special Offer (which isn't specified until the last order screen): 
The pre-order is part of a limited edition bundle with 3 non-official accessories you wouldn't buy yourself even if they weren't 50% more and a game to be cancelled later (which resets the pre-order voucher, naturally). 

oh, and we also promise to have unscheduled server issues resulting in the potential loss of any shopping cart items, email and payment data and confirmation notices for at least 7-10 days. 

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »

Quote from: Caine on October 21, 2013, 09:22:41 PM

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 21, 2013, 08:42:44 PM

who knows?  Target isn't telling anyone anything yet, but be sure, if you wait online, it will be in store pre-orders only.  wait outside the store?  they'll be online only.  wake up at 12am on the 25th?  ha, they used EST.  oh, you live on the east coast, well, they used NZ time.  oh, you live in NZ? don't worry, we have you covered too.  It's in local dollars, but based on a more expensive exchange rate.  you live in another country and want to order when NZ opens?  nice try buddy, we limit orders in the time zone on a first-come, first-serve basis.  

*don't forget to take advantage of Target's Special Offer (which isn't specified until the last order screen):  
The pre-order is part of a limited edition bundle with 3 non-official accessories you wouldn't buy yourself even if they weren't 50% more and a game to be cancelled later (which resets the pre-order voucher, naturally).  

oh, and we also promise to have unscheduled server issues resulting in the potential loss of any shopping cart items, email and payment data and confirmation notices for at least 7-10 days.  

So I take it you are suggesting I look elsewhere? icon_wink I'm gonna be 2 wks into zero cigarettes by then if all goes as planned and I just wanted a pick me up. Well, and I just really want a ps4 soon!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:29:42 PM by Harpua3 » Logged
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2013, 11:55:51 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on October 21, 2013, 02:19:01 PM

Quote from: TiLT on October 21, 2013, 02:14:34 PM

Yeah, that's very telling, IMO. Need for Speed Rivals was shown off recently and people played it on the PS4 and PC. The XB1 version was nowhere to be found. What gives? Is it because it really looks that much worse than the PS4 version that all these companies are terrified to show it in public before release, as has been speculated?

Wow....now even infinity Ward are showing COD: Ghosts on the PS4 this week on IGN in their coverage of Squads mode, instead of the XB1 version. I didn't think that Infinity Ward was able to do that....due to the contract they signed with MS for DLC and promotion. Seriously, like nothing is being shown for the XB1 now, that isn't a first party effort.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2013, 12:18:23 AM »

And that would be due to the confirmed reports of the XB1s development suite being behind. It's important to note that it's not broken, just behind. The last report indicated that games were running 20% down in performance purely due to problems in the devkits.

Although honestly it's probably sorted out by now, but those demo builds were made months in advance. So should be ready by release day.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2013, 06:37:01 AM »

I'm getting system of a down what with the PS'ers shouting from the rooftops that lack of pre-release vids of XBone games is almost certain proof that 1) the games aren't ready, 2) the games are better on the PS system. 

OMG! Infinity Ward showed PS4 footage!  XBone is suxor and Kinect2 worthless hahahahaha!

Oh well I will get both and hope they both are good consoles, maybe that is why I don't feel any need to validate my decision by showing the other choice in a bad light.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2013, 06:46:13 AM »

It's not certain proof when devs choose a system to sho won. The proof is actually from actual developers telling journalists the fact that it is behind.

But, as I said, they'll sort it out for release. And overall, we'll just see a situation like with the PS3 where they have a slower than expected start and mature over time.

If anything this will make MS dole out more money to fund new exclusive games.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on October 22, 2013, 06:46:13 AM

If that's the result, it'll be worth it. Tongue

Hell, dig into your archive .... COME ON MS! GIVE US A KINECTED SEQUEL TO BLACK & WHITE - OR AGE OF EMPIRES!!

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2013, 12:53:09 PM »

Just checked prices on the PS3. This could be the year that I get one for Christmas!

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 22, 2013, 12:43:39 PM

Hell, dig into your archive .... COME ON MS! GIVE US A KINECTED SEQUEL TO BLACK & WHITE - OR AGE OF EMPIRES!!

Pity MS killed off Ensemble (they made all the Age games Purge, I know you have trouble with developer names.  Tongue )
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2013, 01:04:57 PM »

Some of this PS4 demoing could be due to the fact that you don't demo on two consoles, and you just use the one that people are trending towards.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 02:16:13 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2013, 01:17:47 PM »

They're doing it because it's $100 cheaper to demo your game on the PS4.  icon_wink
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2013, 01:53:50 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 22, 2013, 01:02:51 PM

Quote from: Purge on October 22, 2013, 12:43:39 PM

Pity MS killed off Ensemble (they made all the Age games Purge, I know you have trouble with developer names.  Tongue )

Ha! Tongue

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »

The way I see it is this. MS is too big to let the XB1 fail the way consoles in the past have. You saw this with the PS3 and Wii U. Without the same launch momentum as their competitor, but with still enough money to burn there isn't any other option but to produce your own content for a game console. Especially since with the sales disparity they can't rely on 3rd party multi platform dominance.

Let's just hope the game they choose to make appeal to the fans that gave the 360 its dominance.

Wouldn't mind a huge Viva Piņata next gen game myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: