http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 12:58:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 39242 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on October 18, 2013, 01:34:39 PM

I do think that many people, including a lot of you just don't 'get' the potential of the Kinect and the fact that MS HAD to force it's inclusion or it would be guaranteed to fail.  This way it only fails if devs fail to use it properly (which could obviously still happen)

I agree with you here, and I think this is one of the biggest wild cards out there.  What still seems so weird to me, though, is if the new Kinect has so much amazing prowess and potential, how is it that there's nothing at release getting anyone excited about Kinect?  I have to think they tried to have some amazing Kinect showcases ready for launch, and if getting Kinect Sports Rivals in the 'launch window' is the best they could do?  I don't know, leaves me skeptical.

But still, if the Kinect really is going to be awesome and awe-inspiring, MS going all-in and forcing all units to have one was the right move, even if it takes some time for people to 'get' the potential.  They just better hope they make the potential apparent soon.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 02:11:57 PM »

If we assume that Kinect 2 works perfectly and is a great boon to gaming (which I don't believe for a second, just to get my personal opinion out of the way), its biggest hurdle is the fact that any game developed for Kinect will, by nature, be exclusive to the Xbox One. That kind of exclusivity is making less and less sense for publishers economically.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 18, 2013, 02:11:57 PM

If we assume that Kinect 2 works perfectly and is a great boon to gaming (which I don't believe for a second, just to get my personal opinion out of the way), its biggest hurdle is the fact that any game developed for Kinect will, by nature, be exclusive to the Xbox One. That kind of exclusivity is making less and less sense for publishers economically.

Also true, but how many exclusives does it take to make people want it?  If they came out with a non-shitty Steel Battalion with the new Kinect?  Bam.  System seller for me.  Non-shitty lightsaber game?  Bam.  System seller.  Game that let's me wave my arms in the air and groom my pet pokemon collection and braid their hair and-- wait, let's just stop at the lightsaber example.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 02:26:26 PM »

Kinect only launch games:

Fighter Within
Just Dance 2014

Haven't played either yet. Not much of a dancer. Tongue MS already has their Fitness apps planned with P90x, Insanity, and others lined up for Kinect integration.

I think the big thing that Kinect is going to do is introduce big things for those hackers - the MS Store is open and people, instead of building cool apps on PC to show off stuff, will actually be revenue generating competing programs that can do cool things and provide them as more than just youtube tech demos.

As to PS4 and the Eye? Their Eye game (PlayRoom) is still a pack-in even though you can't really use it (as I understand it).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 02:32:26 PM »

Just came across the wire this morning that Driveclub is delayed.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 02:33:42 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 18, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

Kinect only launch games:

Fighter Within
Just Dance 2014

Haven't played either yet. Not much of a dancer. Tongue MS already has their Fitness apps planned with P90x, Insanity, and others lined up for Kinect integration.

I think the big thing that Kinect is going to do is introduce big things for those hackers - the MS Store is open and people, instead of building cool apps on PC to show off stuff, will actually be revenue generating competing programs that can do cool things and provide them as more than just youtube tech demos.

As to PS4 and the Eye? Their Eye game (PlayRoom) is still a pack-in even though you can't really use it (as I understand it).

My wife will be ALL ABOUT the fitness programs with Kinect
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 18, 2013, 02:11:57 PM

Eh, what I see happening is features that are mapped to the kinect, such as pointing or leaning, will be covered by the PS4 gyroscope and touch pad.  You raise your hand to signal your squad to stop in the new RB6 and on the PS4 you swipe back on the touchpad.  The truly Kinect centric games like Dance Central you'll need a PS Eye for if they ship a PS4 version at all of those titles, but I don't think we are gonna be flooded with games like that.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 02:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 18, 2013, 02:26:26 PM

The really cool hacking stuff I was referring to wasn't just apps though but was things like using the Kinect on a robot or RC car/helicopter.

This type of stuff
http://spectrum.ieee.org/automaton/robotics/diy/top-10-robotic-kinect-hacks
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:54:32 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »

I was thinking more of the 3d video phones where Kinect can be used to map both shape and texture. Consider the features and functions of the devices you carry in your pocket (eg: smartphones) that has competing applications that use them (you know, the camera as a pocket scanner for reciepts, or photosynth) and then apply that to a Kinect-enabled console that may also have access to Smartglass etc...  there are a lot of powerful uses for your console.

You could have an app that reads in textures and then replaces textures of your couch, so you could see what your room would look like with a different couch. (just an example) Branching out to being able to shop online for furniture for your livingroom, you could play around with how Ikea products would look in the room you're in, and make those selections without having to "imagine" what it would look like in your house.

That is simply one, fairly unimaginative use of the tech there. Reality TV, Educational shows, kids shows could have their own apps that reach far beyond what you have right now (NatGeoTV exists now, but is fairly limited) - and that's all up to developers (not just game development) to leverage the Kinect functionality.

Yeah, I'm interested in games. I want to see that "leaning" on the couch can translate into leaning in the game (even slightly) provides some interactivity - hell, I'm already leaning - arbitrary button assignment isn't always best. Selection wheels where you're stopping a game to manage stuff? I hate that. Right now we play games where we have massive inventories - much like we had 12+ weapons playing games like Half Life or Quake. The restriction of burden plays well into immersion - and when motion comes into it - not exaggerated motion due to lack of Kinect fidelity mind you - that can really bring something to life.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 03:51:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure kinect will be great, just no so much for consoles at this point.

The reason people have been getting such cool use out of kinect 1 on other things like drones and PC stuff is that when using it on those systems, you can devote the entirety of processing data from that. Problem with games is that they already take up a lot of the processing power, there's so little left for processing kinect input.

XB1 does a lot to help with that, dedicating some internal hardware for processing, but I don't think we'll ever see the accuracy we want, or that they're showing off in full games until there's more hardware available.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 05:19:34 PM »

I just voted and I am really surprised at the results.  I know we don't represent the average public but I do think we represent average gamers so is the Xbox One really not getting people more excited?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 05:40:26 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on October 18, 2013, 05:19:34 PM

I just voted and I am really surprised at the results.  I know we don't represent the average public but I do think we represent average gamers so is the Xbox One really not getting people more excited?

I think the "I prefer Sony exclusives" crowd more or less balances out against the "I prefer MS exclusives" crowd, so other than that I think we're looking at:
  • "Don't care about Kinect and $100 cheaper is $100 cheaper"
  • "I am still holding a grudge against MS for their early stances even though they've backpedalled on everything"
For me, the likely better support by Sony for indie games also pushes me Sony's way quite a bit, but MS exclusives push me back the other way.

As many Xboners said during all the drama early this year, my rage about MS's stupid policies has mostly faded away now that release is upon us.  Now it's all just about what I want to play.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »

I just voted and I am really surprised at the results.  I know we don't represent the average public but I do think we represent average gamers so is the Xbox One really not getting people more excited?

We don't represent average gamers here, which is one of the reasons this is one of my two preferred forums. We're the "old" crowd, mostly 30 and up. Sometimes way up.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 18, 2013, 05:57:44 PM

I just voted and I am really surprised at the results.  I know we don't represent the average public but I do think we represent average gamers so is the Xbox One really not getting people more excited?

We don't represent average gamers here, which is one of the reasons this is one of my two preferred forums. We're the "old" crowd, mostly 30 and up. Sometimes way up.

I am also pretty amazed at the results.....given the love shown to the Xbox 360 on this forum in the past. Other forums are full of people getting the PS4 over the XB1, but I figured here it would be much closer.

It came down to price and exclusives for me. The PS4 just has more exclusives that I want to play.

God of War, Infamous, Uncharted, Killzone, Gran Turismo, ratchet and clank, MLB The Show and all the other 1st party stuff
Vs
Halo, Fable, Forza, project Spark..and ummm, I can't think of any other 1st party stuff right now.  icon_confused

It's pretty easy for me.

(Titanfall, Dead Rising, Gears of War and Ryse I didn't count as first party exclusives for MS....cause they are not...with titianfall being pretty much confirmed as being just a timed exclusive. Dead Rising, gears of war and Ryse will probably go the way of Mass Effect and be multiplatform in the future, especially if the PS4 ends up really outselling the XB1)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 06:16:48 PM by Hetz » Logged

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 06:16:28 PM »

I had both preorders for day one releases, but cancelled them both in the past week.  I've been leaning PS4 despite being primarily a 360 guy this generation (reasons being PS4 rumored more powerful, and not wanting a Kinect (yes I know you can run the console without it, but then I'm paying $100 extra for something that will end up in the trash)).  Having much less time to play in the last couple years combined with no launch titles that interest me, and not even being sure which console I think I'll end up with, I'll wait until 2014 and let the dust settle...  

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 06:18:32 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 18, 2013, 01:47:36 PM

Quote from: msduncan on October 18, 2013, 04:20:56 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on October 18, 2013, 02:51:34 AM

Shouldn't we differentiate XBLA from XBLA1? smile

Hark, are you getting COD Ghosts?    If so I'm going to go ahead and preorder it for the Xbone.

Plan is to get BF4 on the 29th, then get digital Ghosts for 360 on the 5th, then upgrade digitally to Xb1 Ghosts and BF4 on launch of the 1.

Getting BF4 mostly because of Jarrod so he better play when I can. lol

I do think that many people, including a lot of you just don't 'get' the potential of the Kinect and the fact that MS HAD to force it's inclusion or it would be guaranteed to fail.  This way it only fails if devs fail to use it properly (which could obviously still happen)

I think they also don't 'get' the fact that Sony was following the exact same business plan for their next gen.   They literally cut that functionality (the Eye) hours before their presentation so that they could come in $100 cheaper.    The Eye was going to be an integrated part of their platform, and now it will be effectively dead on arrival.

not that I doubt you, but do you have any sources for this? This is the first I've heard of it.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 07:33:53 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 18, 2013, 06:18:32 PM

not that I doubt you, but do you have any sources for this? This is the first I've heard of it.

I believe it's just speculation. Sony has made several official statements about this where they claim that the decision was made months before E3, but it's hard to know just how trustworthy it is. On the other hand, random internet people have zero trustworthiness, so in a competition between those two I know who I'd lean towards.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »

The company that has skin in the game, and wants to maintain the image of "oh this is going according to plan"?

I dunno - the fact that they still have the Eye software program listed as being a pack-in is suspect.

But you are right- it's speculation and no matter what we believe: what is, is.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 18, 2013, 06:16:28 PM

I had both preorders for day one releases, but cancelled them both in the past week.  I've been leaning PS4 despite being primarily a 360 guy this generation (reasons being PS4 rumored more powerful, and not wanting a Kinect (yes I know you can run the console without it, but then I'm paying $100 extra for something that will end up in the trash)).  Having much less time to play in the last couple years combined with no launch titles that interest me, and not even being sure which console I think I'll end up with, I'll wait until 2014 and let the dust settle...  

This is the smart play, IMO.  If I were smart, I would cancel both pre-orders and just enjoy the 360 for another year or so and see how this shakes out.

I still may.  But the fact that I have guaranteed day one delivery on both is just too delicious right now. Especially if I can make some dough on either or both.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »

Among the people I know, they're all aware that Microsoft has abandoned their always-online and Kinect requirements, and will allow games to be sold and borrowed like normal.  Unfortunately, reducing the number of reasons to avoid a console is not a very strong sales pitch.  For all the policy reversals, the Xbox One remains the console that's almost as powerful, almost as affordable, and has almost as much developer support as the faster, cheaper, and popular PS4.

There's also a big friendship factor at play.  Once a couple people in a group of friends make the decision to go with the PS4, everyone else in the group becomes that much more likely to follow suit so they can continue gaming together.  Hell, I *still* think about getting the XB1 just because I know it'll be the preferred console for Harkonis, USMC Kato, and PhillyPeteRock.  The trouble is, since that's the only reason I have right now, I'm putting it off until there's a better selection of games I'd want to play with them.

-Autistic Angel
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »

I am getting the xbone one because of Project Spark, and the kinect2 with the xbox1 can be used as a mo cap device for animation.  Which is really mindblowing when you think about it. What use to be rare and expensive and reserved for only the big developers will now be able to be done in living rooms.

The topper is that mo cap will only work with the kinect 2, which comes with the xbox1, the windows version of kinect 2 wont be out til next summer and will be over 300 just by itself.  It make buying the xbox1 a no brainer for me.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »

Hark, are you getting COD Ghosts?    If so I'm going to go ahead and preorder it for the Xbone.

Plan is to get BF4 on the 29th, then get digital Ghosts for 360 on the 5th, then upgrade digitally to Xb1 Ghosts and BF4 on launch of the 1.

I think they also don't 'get' the fact that Sony was following the exact same business plan for their next gen.   They literally cut that functionality (the Eye) hours before their presentation so that they could come in $100 cheaper.    The Eye was going to be an integrated part of their platform, and now it will be effectively dead on arrival.

I saw several stories citing 'sources' right around the time of the launch.   I'm having trouble digging them back up because I long ago forgot where I saw the stories.   
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 18, 2013, 08:02:35 PM

Among the people I know, they're all aware that Microsoft has abandoned their always-online and Kinect requirements, and will allow games to be sold and borrowed like normal.  Unfortunately, reducing the number of reasons to avoid a console is not a very strong sales pitch.  For all the policy reversals, the Xbox One remains the console that's almost as powerful, almost as affordable, and has almost as much developer support as the faster, cheaper, and popular PS4.

There's also a big friendship factor at play.  Once a couple people in a group of friends make the decision to go with the PS4, everyone else in the group becomes that much more likely to follow suit so they can continue gaming together.  Hell, I *still* think about getting the XB1 just because I know it'll be the preferred console for Harkonis, USMC Kato, and PhillyPeteRock.  The trouble is, since that's the only reason I have right now, I'm putting it off until there's a better selection of games I'd want to play with them.

-Autistic Angel

I'm with you.   If Hark, Kato, and Pete came out and said they were dropping Xbone and going PS4, I would probably cancel my preorder.    I know that seems like a huge amount of money to pay for the ability to play with a few people, but darned if those guys haven't been the only stable and reliable gaming group I've had over the past number of years.       Titanfall looks delicious too, so that helps.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:21 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 18, 2013, 10:08:12 PM

I saw several stories citing 'sources' right around the time of the launch.   I'm having trouble digging them back up because I long ago forgot where I saw the stories.   

I remember that, but I also seem to recall that the sources turned out to be bad. The entire thing has ended up simply being indecisive, with only Sony knowing what's right and what's wrong. There has been conflicting information coming from Sony themselves too, so I don't necessarily trust their word in this. On the other hand, having them wait to the last minute to drop the Eye sounds a bit far fetched. Look back at the February conference. There was plenty of talk about the Eye, and there were even demos/previews of stuff that used it. E3? Not a single thing that I can remember, from anyone. That doesn't just happen on the spur of the moment. I got the impression that the message had gone out to the developers well in advance about not relying on the presence of Eye on the PS4.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »

Xbone and not looking back. Since there are no exclusives I want for PS4, it would be nothing but a glorified PC clone for me. I don't care about indie support since I can play those games on the PC all day long.

I really need a good reason to have another gaming box in my house besides the PC, and that reason will be the TV integration and Kinect 2, two things my PC can't currently do. It also helps all my friends are going Xbone.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »

Ahh YellowKing, you were one of us for a short time and it was beautiful. slywink
You made this comment before and while I respect your right to an opinion, I do have to say that it strikes me as odd. It could very well be that one or both or neither console will end up being glorified PCs and it's too early to tell but if you go by the previous two gens then I think that title would have to go to the xbox. Also if you look at the Xbox1 top three 'exclusives', Titanfall is already scheduled for the PC and PS4 almost definitely and Dead Rising 2 not only came out for the PC it was also on the PS3. Hence my incredulity at your belief that the PS4 will be not much more than a glorified PC.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »

Also I have to say that the results of the poll surprise me. Given the talk on this forum it was starting to sound like most people had switched their positions and now a majority of people were getting xbones over PS4s. Obviously there is a vocal minority who more than make up for their smaller numbers with passionate support. slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2013, 11:14:03 PM »

55 voters.  I didn't realize we had that many active people here slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
davidrobots
Senior Lead Editor
Gaming Trend Reader

Holler holler get dollar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2013, 11:24:47 PM »

I'll be getting an Xbox One early next year, but I've only got enough scratch for one at launch, and it's PS4 for me.

David Roberts
Managing Editor, Gaming Trend

Twitter: @davidrobots
Nintendo ID: davidrobots
Xbox Gamertag: FencerMusashi
PSN ID: Fencer Musashi
Steam: davidrobots
3DS: 2148-8144-9369
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »

Quote from: Canuck
Hence my incredulity at your belief that the PS4 will be not much more than a glorified PC.

I mean that functionally, it does nothing my PC doesn't already do - play games. I understand that it may have some great exclusives in the future, but if that happens I'll buy one down the road. There's no reason to buy one now when there's absolutely nothing I want to play on it.

Besides, there's every reason to believe this gen will be even more cross-platform then last gen. And aside from maybe 1 or 2 titles, I don't really regret not buying a PS3.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 18, 2013, 10:59:07 PM

Ahh YellowKing, you were one of us for a short time and it was beautiful. slywink
You made this comment before and while I respect your right to an opinion, I do have to say that it strikes me as odd. It could very well be that one or both or neither console will end up being glorified PCs and it's too early to tell but if you go by the previous two gens then I think that title would have to go to the xbox. Also if you look at the Xbox1 top three 'exclusives', Titanfall is already scheduled for the PC and PS4 almost definitely and Dead Rising 2 not only came out for the PC it was also on the PS3. Hence my incredulity at your belief that the PS4 will be not much more than a glorified PC.

You know that PC is Microsoft, right, and that Titanfall is using cloud computing (per a news post a few days ago). It wouldn't surprise me if Titanfall (PC) requires a gold account - and uses the same Azure cloud servers that consoles are using - I'm pretty sure they're not going to extend that to the Sony PS4 customer base.

As for definitely coming to PS4, do you mean what someone read into this: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/ea-hints-at-titanfall-on-playstation-4-3940031/ ?

When you read it, they're taking a production cycle and turning it into something that may not be there. I'm not saying it *won't* be coming to PS4, but that's a lot of hoping when right now it sounds like MS has that tied up to their line.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2013, 12:01:04 AM »

Really now, what about CoD: Ghosts and BF4?  Aren't those using Azure on XB1?  Are they going to require gold on PC too?
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2013, 12:10:31 AM »

Quote from: Purge on October 18, 2013, 11:50:41 PM

You know that PC is Microsoft, right, and that Titanfall is using cloud computing (per a news post a few days ago). It wouldn't surprise me if Titanfall (PC) requires a gold account - and uses the same Azure cloud servers that consoles are using - I'm pretty sure they're not going to extend that to the Sony PS4 customer base.

As for definitely coming to PS4, do you mean what someone read into this: http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/ea-hints-at-titanfall-on-playstation-4-3940031/ ?

When you read it, they're taking a production cycle and turning it into something that may not be there. I'm not saying it *won't* be coming to PS4, but that's a lot of hoping when right now it sounds like MS has that tied up to their line.
I wasn't aware that Titanfall was made by MS. I thought it was done by EA. How many EA games do you know of that are exclusive to one console or the other? I don't doubt that MS has paid their pound of flesh for timed exclusivity and I don't doubt that EA has the sense not to talk about it. I'm not sure what cloud has to do with anything.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:56 AM »

If you have seen some indication that games on Origin will require Xbox Gold accounts to play then I would love to see it. Also I did a quick search and was not able to find any mention anywhere of PC versions using Azure. Again, if you have better sources then I would love to see them.
If actual sales are anything like this poll (which admittedly, could be completely different, who knows) and the PS4 outsells the Xbox One by a 3:1 ratio, do you really see EA not bringing the game out for the PS4? I mean, come on. Seriously.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:20:54 AM by Canuck » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2013, 12:20:54 AM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 19, 2013, 12:01:04 AM

Really now, what about CoD: Ghosts and BF4?  Aren't those using Azure on XB1?  Are they going to require gold on PC too?

Don't those only use the cloud for servers not for other processing?  Titanfall is supposed to be tightly integrated with it from the ground up, I wouldn't be surprised if they require some $$$ extra
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2013, 12:21:14 AM »

No, I was referring to the term "PC" being a Microsoft product (generally speaking).

With Titanfall, EA owns Respawn, the creators of Titanfall. While it's entirely possible that EA could publish this through Origin, with a flagship game like this MS could ask for a Windows Store placement (though the marketplace does point to outside vendor locations).

They're shutting down Games For Windows and there is no surprise there - MS is consolidating their fragmented marketplaces into the same pool - this was announced weeks ago though they have not disclosed how, or how soon.

As to cloud - the game itself relies on pushing some of the computations to MS's Azure servers - this will definitely be an "online only" game.

Edit: to remove "so many" mistakes. I've had a cold for three days, and was getting DR3's pub (MS) mixed up with Titanfall. Also, I got a name "Remedy" in my head. It was Respawn. I have made corrections to this post. Feel free to see earlier versions in quotes ahead. CeeKay has already made fun of me, so you can't make me cry any more than I already have.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 01:35:08 AM by Purge » Logged

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 19, 2013, 12:10:31 AM

I wasn't aware that Titanfall was made by MS. I thought it was done by EA. How many EA games do you know of that are exclusive to one console or the other? I don't doubt that MS has paid their pound of flesh for timed exclusivity and I don't doubt that EA has the sense not to talk about it. I'm not sure what cloud has to do with anything.

Titianfall will not be an Xbox exclusive. It was not developed by Microsoft and it is not being published by them. The chance that EA would turn down a ton of money by refusing to release it on the PS4 is just not their style. It will be on the PS4 within a year of release on the XB1....mark my words.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2013, 12:24:06 AM »

Entirely possible, Hetz.

I do know they're leveraging cloud - which means that either that will have to happen [edit: locally] on the PS4, or Sony would need to come up with similar infrastructure.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 12:26:22 AM by Purge » Logged

dback99
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2013, 12:55:41 AM »

Well I have the PS4 preordered but not sure entirely if I want to keep that or move it to Xbox.. The kids and wife would like the kinect for those types of games and fitness but I can't find hardly any info on the PS move an what if anything will be coming out they utilizes it.    I will eventually get both systems but really struggling with being an early adopter on this one...

Xbox Live tag: dback99

Listening to: volbeat!!

Playing: swtor, skyrim, rocksmith, ootp11
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »

The fitness stuff is enough for me to get the Xbox personally, but as you guys know I like it for the other stuff too.  Also Sony can go to hell. <-- personal bias on personal treatment over the years.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 71   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: