http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 09:50:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: It's now 30 days until the next generation begins.   I've noticed a lot of shifting of opinions in the last 30 days back and forth.   Which console are you buying in November?
PS4 - 42 (32.3%)
Xbone - 15 (11.5%)
Both - 13 (10%)
Neither - 19 (14.6%)
Waiting until later - 41 (31.5%)
Total Voters: 130

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2890 Days until launch. Which system are you getting?  (Read 42528 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2800 on: June 02, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »

Welcome to the club Pug.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: June 02, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »

I will say that I thought that buying both consoles would mean I'd essentially be sitting around with two giant paperweights instead of one, particularly this early in the cycle.

However, I've been pleasantly surprised that I've been getting decent use out of both. The XB1 I use constantly since I run my cable through it, so it's my go-to Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime/TV box, and I've played the XB1 exclusives quite heavily. The PS4 has gotten a lot of use since most multi-plats I'm getting on it for the resolution/performance bump.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: June 03, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »

I'm on the other end. They are basically paperweights at this point. I've gotten some recent mileage out of The Show but for whatever reason Infamous 2 didn't suck me in and my Xbox One hasn't been turned on in probably three months.

I don't even know what's on the horizon the look forward to... NHL 15, I guess?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: June 03, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 03, 2014, 06:06:54 PM

I'm on the other end. They are basically paperweights at this point. I've gotten some recent mileage out of The Show but for whatever reason Infamous 2 didn't suck me in and my Xbox One hasn't been turned on in probably three months.

Are you buying games for the PC instead?  We just saw the release of Wolfenstein (fantastic), Watchdogs, and Transistor.
This years a bit of a mess with all the delays, but there's still a bunch of stuff coming out this fall.  Destiny being probably the biggest name of the bunch.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: June 03, 2014, 06:11:08 PM »

I'm with YK, in fact I have a backlog at this point. I'm currently playing The Show, Wolfenstein, and after the PSN update tonight I will have Pixel Junk Shooter and Trine 2 added to it. Not to mention Outlast and Resogon in my backlog and Transistor as a future purchase.

I'm loving the Indie support for this gen. So many games to play in between the big AAA releases.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: June 03, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »

I really wish they'd bring sports games back to the PC.  NBA doesn't count.   Stupid EA.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: June 03, 2014, 06:37:18 PM »

I'm with you on this. The first few months of the year were great in terms of gaming content for me (FIFA, AssCreed, Tomb Raider, Infamous, MLB The Show). But now there is nothing on the horizon this year that I'm really interested in except for The Last of Us and NHL 15 (Batman was there, but delayed now).
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2807 on: June 03, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »

GAME Barnsley (whoever they are) posted an interesting tweet earlier today, saying: "#TheLastOfUs hits #PS4 next week!!" and information on how to preorder. They retracted the tweet later, saying that it was a misprint and an overeager staff member. Take it any way you want, but we could get a "and one last thing: You can buy The Last of Us PS4 right now" during Sony's press conference next week, though it's healthy not to get one's hopes up too much.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2808 on: June 03, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 03, 2014, 07:01:24 PM

GAME Barnsley (whoever they are) posted an interesting tweet earlier today, saying: "#TheLastOfUs hits #PS4 next week!!" and information on how to preorder. They retracted the tweet later, saying that it was a misprint and an overeager staff member. Take it any way you want, but we could get a "and one last thing: You can buy The Last of Us PS4 right now" during Sony's press conference next week, though it's healthy not to get one's hopes up too much.

That wouldn't surprise me too much at all.  It's been long rumored/leaked as a June release anyway, hasn't it?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: June 03, 2014, 09:43:29 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 03, 2014, 06:10:34 PM

Are you buying games for the PC instead?  We just saw the release of Wolfenstein (fantastic), Watchdogs, and Transistor.
This years a bit of a mess with all the delays, but there's still a bunch of stuff coming out this fall.  Destiny being probably the biggest name of the bunch.

Nope. Not really interested in Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs didn't pass the review muster for me. I don't even know what Transistor is. Part of it is that I figure those titles will be cheap/free on PSN+ next year so I haven't pulled the trigger on them.

Destiny I am very interested in.

Basically if it's not an AAA title (or specific sports game I want), I can't be bothered anymore. Priorities change with age, I guess.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: June 03, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »

Quote from: gellar on June 03, 2014, 09:43:29 PM

Basically if it's not an AAA title (or specific sports game I want), I can't be bothered anymore. Priorities change with age, I guess.

Sadly, this is where I line up now too. And it seems a lot of AAA are not passing muster anymore (Titanfall, Watch dogs...). Getting slow out there.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: June 03, 2014, 10:09:28 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 03, 2014, 10:06:34 PM

Sadly, this is where I line up now too. And it seems a lot of AAA are not passing muster anymore (Titanfall, Watch dogs...). Getting slow out there.

Agreed. After getting burned a bit on Titanfall I took the wait and see approach with Watch Dogs and am pretty glad I did.

I do love the digital purchase option now though because it eliminates any need to preorder.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: June 03, 2014, 10:55:21 PM »

Nope. Not really interested in Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs didn't pass the review muster for me. I don't even know what Transistor is. Part of it is that I figure those titles will be cheap/free on PSN+ next year so I haven't pulled the trigger on them.

I guess your decisions are your own and that's all well and good, but don't bitch that there aren't any games, that's three good to fantastic games that have come out in the past two weeks. 
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: June 03, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on June 03, 2014, 10:55:21 PM

I guess your decisions are your own and that's all well and good, but don't bitch that there aren't any games, that's three good to fantastic games that have come out in the past two weeks. 

I will bitch about what I want, when I want. DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: June 03, 2014, 11:13:01 PM »

I may get wolfenstein, but I don't see myself getting it at full price.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: June 04, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »

Quote from: ATB on June 03, 2014, 11:13:01 PM

I may get wolfenstein, but I don't see myself getting it at full price.

If you're the type of FPS player like me then Wolfenstein is fantastic. I'm not into multiplayer at all. Give me a shooter with a good story and great gameplay and I'm all over it. Wolfenstein is a really well built single player experience.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: