http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 06:35:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 New XBox360 RPGs announced  (Read 1885 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2005, 07:18:49 AM »

According to RPGamer three new XBox360 RPGs were unveiled at the XBox Summit in Japan.  Most interesting is a new game from Tales Studio and Namco, although it won't be a Tales of... game.  I don't know what Microsoft is doing to get all these RPGs on the 360, but it must be working.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 07:36:08 AM »

There is also a new Rumble Roses coming out of the 360   :lol:

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:19:55 PM »

I was about to add those to our database but they haven't been confirmed for a US release yet....(unless you know differently)  Still, this could be a great shot in the arm for Xbox360 for the Japanese market. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 04:04:31 PM »

All they need is one more and they'll have more RPG's than the XBox does. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Draco
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 04:54:06 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

*sigh* People always forget the Arx Fatalis xbox port.  Tongue
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 12:13:12 AM »

Ok even MORE RPG's confirmed for 360? Could it challenge PS3 for RPGs? Well, probably not until they get a Final Fantasy, but still, this is great! Exciting! Helping the 360 in Japan can only help the rest of us I think.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 01:11:07 AM »

Quote from: "Draco"
Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

*sigh* People always forget the Arx Fatalis xbox port.  Tongue

Nope. Wasn't including ports, which is why I was leaving off Morrowind as well. smile Both KOTOR's and Jade Empire is all she wrote on the current XBox. And no, Fable doesn't count as an RPG anymore than Diablo does. slywink

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 04:18:55 AM »

wbs, why not count them?  They're still RPG's on the XBox.  I had never heard of either of them before they came out for the Box, since I haven't played a PC game since the original Myst.  Just wondering... :?

also, Draco - I loved Arx Fatalis.  Not nearly as much as Morrowind, because that still is my all-time current-gen favorite.  All-time.  Favorite. No lie. biggrin

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 07:40:47 PM »

Ok even MORE RPG's confirmed for 360? Could it challenge PS3 for RPGs? Well, probably not until they get a Final Fantasy, but still, this is great! Exciting! Helping the 360 in Japan can only help the rest of us I think.

Wasn't FF11 confirmed for 360 or was that for the current generation Xbox?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

Quote from: "\/\/olverine"

Wasn't FF11 confirmed for 360 or was that for the current generation Xbox?

Confirmed for 360, but with no real updates to speak of and with no word on other games, but the hint was definately dropped that they will be developing at least one game for it to test the waters. My guess is a non final fantasy world to start.
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 05:27:16 AM »

Has Square announced which platform they will primarily be developing for?
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2005, 05:41:01 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Has Square announced which platform they will primarily be developing for?

Nothing formal, but the PS3 is a certainty to be their "primary" platform inasmuch as they have one.  

What is likely to happen is more multiplatform releases next time out, though the PS3 is still likely be to be the lead development platform in that situation.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 01:18:37 PM »

If microsoft can get more good Japanese developed software for the 360 then I think they will be the most viable platform next generation.

The key is good. I personally didn't like the sports/racing/fps focus on the Xbox, so I would love to see a lot more variety on the 360.

Of course the micro-buying market kind of scares me, but what the hell. I'll jump if the Japanese developers are there.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 01:42:48 PM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
wbs, why not count them?  They're still RPG's on the XBox.  I had never heard of either of them before they came out for the Box, since I haven't played a PC game since the original Myst.  Just wondering...

I tend not to include ports for a system as a genre specific game for that system because to me it's a bit of a cheat. Morrowind was one of many role-playing games for the PC, but then it was ported to the XBox and Wow! Hey! Microsoft has an rpg on their console! Doesn't count, in my book. KOTOR 1&2 and Jade Empire were specifically tailored to be rpgs on the XBox, hence I point to them and wonder where the fourth title is. slywink

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »

"Of course the micro-buying market kind of scares me, but what the hell."
I wouldn't worry about it.  I'm guessing it will be about as successful as the PS2 hard drive.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: