http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 04:50:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 27 New Oblivion Screens!!!  (Read 1539 times)
Hetz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2005, 01:21:57 AM »

*Edited*

Sorry didn't realise these were from a leaked beta of the game...

From kathode on the official fourms:

In the past couple days, an unfinished build of Oblivion was leaked to a Russian gaming site. You may have seen screenshots and information about this build online. The site in question was not authorized in any way to post the information that it did. The build in question was not in any way intended to be used for the purposes of demoing the game.

The screenshots that got posted clearly show that the game was not properly configured by whoever was playing. The ini file alone contains over 300 settings that can be used to customize the visuals and performance of the game, and we tweak and test and change these settings daily. Because the build they are using was not one that we locked away for the specific purposes of demonstration, the likelyhood that any number of those options are incorrectly configured is very high. This can result in any manner of aberrant behavior from the game including improper visuals and reduced performance.

The upshot is that we feel the quality of the screenshots released is very far from the final game. This combined with the fact that the they are completely unauthorized by anyone representing Bethesda to publish screenshots or info means that we have to shut down threads relating to this leak.

Hopefully soon, as we get closer to release, you will see legit sites posting previews based on actual preview builds of the final game.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:51:38 AM »

Just found out that these were taken on a PC with low details....so don't worry the High-End PC/XBox 360 version will look quite a bit better than this...but they are still cool! smile

It's nice to see what it will look like on a min-spec PC though...

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 02:00:15 AM »

Looks kinda like Morrowind, except y'know, greener.

Nice to know the engine scales better than its predecessor, though, if these are indeed taken from a low-end (or detailed) PC. I'd love for some comparison shots between low-end and high-end PCs.

Font's a bit big, but I suppose that's one of the things console/PC games share nowdays.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 02:11:18 AM »

Looks very very good, bu not as good as it could due to the relatively low specs that system was running it on apparently.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 02:16:24 AM »

Yeah I was just about to say it looks pretty, well, not next-gen'y.  But low-end PC spec-wise it looks alright.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 03:10:45 AM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
Just found out that these were taken on a PC with low details....so don't worry the High-End PC/XBox 360 version will look quite a bit better than this...but they are still cool! smile

It's nice to see what it will look like on a min-spec PC though...

You really should have put that in your first post, before you showed the pics.  It might have saved some of of having minor heart attacks (especially after the Ghost Recon 3 debacle).  My first impression was WTF? followed by a knee jerk reaction to send a 'cleaner' squad over to Bethesda.  Hoepfully they get the recall code in time slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 05:45:54 AM »

So, why can't game makers "do" good hands?  The hand that was shooting out magic was cool, but the hands grasping swords were so lame!  I remember always wearing gloves in Morrowind, because the hands alone looked so stupid - actually, they sort of look like the way they make women's "dress gloves." They have long, impossibly skinny fingers.  And since when are people's little fingers longer than their ring fingers?

And why is the Argonian so ugly, lol?  Ah, let's face it - I'd still be happy with these graphics and these little foibles... it's still the addictive gameplay I'm looking for.  Although I'm glad to hear the reassurances as well!  :wink:

OMG, I can't wait to start enchanting ebony armor... and killing Golden Saints (gasp - I hope there are still Golden Saints!)  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 12:58:11 PM »

First screen really reminds me off Ultima 9. And when they say low end, what do they mean?

And isn't this in the wrong forum?
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 02:08:44 PM »

Actually, according to posts over at OO, turns out the PC they were using was

Test machine:
P4 3.4 GHz, 2 Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 c 256 Mb, with all settings maxed out and resolution 1024x768 averaged about 20 FPS outdoors and noticeably more indoors.
Of course, it's a month old beta, yet... prepare to sell your kiddies for organs and your wives into slavery - you'll need FAST rig for this game.
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 02:32:50 PM »

Yeah, it actually turns out this was run on a pretty good PC that only got 20 FPS with the above screens...uh-oh....no wonder they are not releasing the system reqs....

Yeah, this should probabily be moved to the PC forum...I wasn't sure if these were from the Xbox or PC version when I first posted it.

Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 02:33:35 PM »

Yeah, just read that. Also, apparently they were limited to only 3 toggle bars, meaning that some graphics adjustments were turned off in this beta.

Still, the fact that their TEST MACHINE was about the same as I have right now, and it got 20 FPS outdoors, with _that_ kind of look to it, is a bit disheartening.

On the other hand, the right lighting/shadows can do a world of difference, which I'm not really seeing "turned on" in those pictures. And, it is a month old beta, so hopefully they've been able to optimize it a bit. Also, denial is a river in Egypt.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 02:44:44 PM »

Quote from: "Ralph-Wiggum"
Actually, according to posts over at OO, turns out the PC they were using was

Test machine:
P4 3.4 GHz, 2 Gb RAM, GeForce 6800 c 256 Mb, with all settings maxed out and resolution 1024x768 averaged about 20 FPS outdoors and noticeably more indoors.
Of course, it's a month old beta, yet... prepare to sell your kiddies for organs and your wives into slavery - you'll need FAST rig for this game.

That's a low end machine??? Have I been in a coma in the last few months, as that seems a pretty decent rig to me.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 04:07:16 PM »

WOW! Never have I seen TEXT so well rendered!!!  Tongue

Seriously, I thought the actual graphic screen shots looked great. And, much more aesthetically pleasing than I found Morrowind's browns and greys.

Alas, my puny Athlon 1400 is not going to cut it for this one! I need a lucky Mt Dew cap!!!!

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 06:59:35 PM »

Removed the link and pics.

Sorry kathode, I had no idea they were from a leaked beta version...

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 07:29:09 PM »

Snap!! Pwned by Kathode!
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 07:46:20 PM »

n/m

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 07:51:46 PM »

Here is an update about how this all came about from MSFD (a dev) on the Gaming Age forum:

This is why developers don't allow unauthorized screenshots to be published -- the game isn't finished yet. The website was given access to a build a couple months old by Russian publisher 1C, who has a build for preliminary localization. 1C was not authorized to provide that build to anyone. It's looking like there was a misunderstanding, and that's why the screenshots are down.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: