http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 02:37:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 player RPG  (Read 1477 times)
Dhagen
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

well here's a question that is proving to be a little irritating for me and someone said these forums are the best place for answers...so here goes.

My husband and I love to play rpg games together. We have both Baldur's gate games and both Champions games. We also have Return of the king and Alon Dar. We have Xbox PS2 and Game Cube. Can anyone suggest any games along this format for any of these consols? They don't even have to be newer games...just decent rpg.

I have tried looking everywhere, but it seems they are pretty hard to find and we are not into racing, wrestling etc! which seem to be the popular categories for 2 player.

Any help is appreciated.   :wink:
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 05:04:49 PM »

What about X-men Legends?

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 05:13:24 PM »

most fun i ever had with my wife (gaming-wise) - final fantasy: crystal chronicles (gameboys & cables required - but it's worth it!)...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Dhagen
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 05:13:25 PM »

Yeah we have that one actually. I thought it was great but Jay got bored of it really quick. We also have Time Splitters, which is great, but same idea, Jason didn't enjoy it so much.

I really like this game for the PC by Clive Barker...Can't remember what it was called now, Undying I think. Now that was a creepy cool game, but they don't seem to have co-op options for games like that on consols.
Dhagen
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 05:14:27 PM »

We have crystal chronicles, well actually it is my sons...we haven't tried it yet. It is good?
semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 05:15:24 PM »

my favorite game of last year - incredibly fun co-op...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Dhagen
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 05:16:40 PM »

well we should give it a try then. Thanks!  :wink:
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 06:18:24 PM »

I think Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) and Lord of the Rings : The Third Age (all 3 systems) let each person control a character in battle.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 06:22:27 PM »

Quote from: "Dhagen"
Yeah we have that one actually. I thought it was great but Jay got bored of it really quick. We also have Time Splitters, which is great, but same idea, Jason didn't enjoy it so much.

I really like this game for the PC by Clive Barker...Can't remember what it was called now, Undying I think. Now that was a creepy cool game, but they don't seem to have co-op options for games like that on consols.

Undying was freaking awesome, but has no co-op or multiplayer unfortunately.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 06:57:01 PM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I think Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube) and Lord of the Rings : The Third Age (all 3 systems) let each person control a character in battle.

Tales was (if I remember right though, you had to find an item to turn on multiplayer mode - but that might've been the older titles), and LoTR I don't know unfortunately.

If you're looking for a two player title as well, and don't mind the kiddy graphics, Animal Crossing for the Gamecube is one of those really strange genre breaking titles that can have multiple people play in one 'town'. You just can't both play at the same time. But it's more of a 'play your own life' titles than anything else.

As I said - really weird. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Dhagen
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 07:31:43 PM »

I don't mind kiddie graphics too much, although the realistic ones are the best. I can't believe the graphics these days...come a long way from PONG  :wink:
Dhagen
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 07:41:20 PM »

The Phantasy Star games are multiplayer...but do you have to play multiplayer in online mode only?

games systems today are so confusing...What ever happened to plug it in and play!!!??  hehehe   Tongue
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 11:16:20 PM »

Shining Tears is an action RPG with a focus on two player coop.  It's gotten a bit poor reviews, but it's worth a rental on the PS2.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 11:31:50 AM »

Phantasy star for GC I know can be played coop offline.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: