http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 12:39:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 Games coming soon - LIVE potential = High  (Read 1949 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2005, 01:56:28 PM »

Is anyone on our site (with xbox live) planning on getting either of these two games?

They should be coming very soon!  They could both be loads of fun as coop games I am thinking.

RS:LOCKDOWN

and

NASCAR

Speak up if you are please.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 01:58:35 PM »

I can see Lockdown but I just can't do Nascar.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:28:22 PM »

Neither.  Next XBL game for me is Burnout Revenge.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:40:35 PM »

NASCAR = IN!

Anything named 'Lockdown' scares me, but I'd be IN! if there is a bunch of doing it!  biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 03:03:35 PM »

What about Far Cry: Instincts? That looks interesting from some of the videos I've seen.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Eno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 03:54:09 PM »

The demo for far cry instincts is absolutly terrible.  I didnt even finish it.  THe controls are just so bad.  I hope its an old demo, but probably not.  I was looking forward to it live a lot too...  Nascar?  I have been permanently bored by Nascar forever.  My Uncle loves that stuff.  Every time we go to his house, on and on it goes.  or something.  Lockdown maybe, but the Live demo for it had terrible netcode and it just didnt seem to play right.  Maybe dmeos jsut tend to suck?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 03:57:13 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Neither.  Next XBL game for me is Burnout Revenge.

I second

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Eno
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 04:21:21 PM »

Burnout Revenge seems a lot like Burnout 3.  What has really even been added?  The features I've read about make it sound just like 3, if not better and with a crashbreaker during a race.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 04:26:31 PM »

I'd say the biggest addition I know of is if you are going above 55 MPH you can crash right through cars on the road and keep going without crashing (and you can use those cars in the slowdown mode to take out the AI cars).  Also you can do Crashbreaker when you crash, hopefully taking out some AI cars.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 05:33:56 PM »

Hey!!!!   Focus people.... F O C U S !!!!

This thread is about Nascar and RS:Lockdown.

Jeez Louise!  

And I don't want to hear ANY comments to the tune of, "Heh!  Now YOU know how it feels to get your thread derailed, Bozo!"

LD  :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
adamsappel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 06:06:52 PM »

I'm in for Lockdown. The Tom Clancy series has seen the most/best playtime for me. The demo was pretty suck, but with all that extra time it was delayed, that surely makes a game better, right? Right?

Xbox Live Gamertag: adamsappel
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 07:29:14 PM »

Technically you don't name the games in the title, so we can pick whichever 2 upcoming games for Live coming up biggrin

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 08:01:02 PM »

Hmmm.... Foiled by Forum Etiquette Technicality #112-44C.

Fine.  

I must remember this new valuable piece of information the next time I derail a thread.  Which should not take very long for me to do, that's for certain.   :wink:

As for me, I can honestly say I have never even played a Nascar game before.  It was the co-op teaming up against the A.I. controlled racers that I found interesting.  Has that ever been done before?

As far as RS:Lockdown goes... I like the persistant character implementation as well as the Combat Medic Class concept.  Of course, having to use the xbox controller puts me at a disadvantage from the outset.  I am terrible at shooters trying to use that thing.  But standing around and healing people.... how hard could THAT be?

LD

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 01:15:32 AM »

As for me, I can honestly say I have never even played a Nascar game before. It was the co-op teaming up against the A.I. controlled racers that I found interesting.

Done and done! Get it and we'll kick some ass! The #13 car will run everyone off the track for you!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 02:20:18 PM »

Interested in Lockdown; but a buddy who I played Black Arrow with a ton wasn't impressed -- they apparently added running into the game.  I personally don't have an issue with that, but it may reduce my average life span from 30 seconds a game down to 15...  Now, if they took the sniper rifles out of Lockdown, I'd be all set!

Racing games tend to leave me cold.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 07:05:56 PM »

I was excited about Lockdown until I read that OXM preview that said it's turned into more of a straightforward action game.  Apparently the development was shifted midway through from the original to parent company.  They said something like Tom Clancy's name should be replaced with Michael Bay.  I'm not completely out, but it's not a day one purchase for me either.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 12:23:14 AM »

So how is Lockdown? (Erm, I mean the game...)

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 03:02:20 AM »

Lockdown is the new Rainbow Six Three game right? If so-what would make me want this over the previous iterations-my problem with these games on XBox live (other than Halo2) is that they just don't seem to control well. I thought R63 was very clunky, and Ghost Recon 2 was just loose and imprecise. I want to like these games, but I definately need a demo first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: