http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 game the way you want it..what is it?  (Read 1862 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2005, 03:42:50 AM »

Theres so many yet one easily fits...System Shock 3.

The way I want it though is a little different than the developers seem to invision usually. I dont want to be alone anymore. I want some friendly AI to be there with me. I'd like one or two to join with me for some interaction and fighting. But more importantly I want other survivors elsewhere in the ship or space station. Id like to hear radio chatter and comm traffic with them reporting what they are seeing and finding. Frantic firefights or running for thier lives. I dont want hundreds..maybe just 5-10 total throughout the game. Maybe some die while others live. We could plan out stuff or just listen in on the others.

I would love some MP co-op play but it would'nt be a nessity in SS3. I just got tired of being alone in the first two games.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Gordon Bleu
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 08:54:14 AM »

I'd like a sequel to Deus Ex that is true to the original.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 08:54:26 AM »

You know, your description of SS3 would actually be a great new way to take the series.

I mean, not all AIs are bad and eventually there'll be a powerful one that fights on our side.

They could keep some of the isolated feeling by having all these people be scattered survivers (and they actually survive the course of the game this time) early on in the game.  Then as you link up with them, they become team members.  If you lose one, you can reclaim him at those quantum restoration machines.

Each team member would have skills that complimented your own,

The friendly AI would be crippled from the initial attack from SHODAN, but one of the major goals would be to restore functionality to the AI.

Of course, they'll never do this.  But I'll file it away under something I have to do in some form when I become a developer.  Maybe I can manage it as a Half-Life 2 mod, or Gears of War for the squad AI.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:09:22 AM »

Having intelligent squadmates in an FPS is a huge technological hurdle.  Given the latest crop of squad-based shooters which have done it right, maybe this will change things.  Killing off everyone in SS (and SS2 by extension) was a plot-driven way to have that barrier.

Putting in other people to fight with you takes a lot of time to get right; look at the mess Daikatana became because they bragged about how the game was going to have EVERYTHING in it.  From what I heard the AI sucked, and since if your companions got killed it would fail the level, most people just had them wait at the start and finished solo (I wouldnt know, I didnt have the patience to make it past the shitty first level with all the godlike mosquitoes and frogs).
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 02:16:14 PM »

We'll see the first major try at super squad-AI in a sci-fi shooter with Quake 4, and I'm real curious how well it's done. If it's pretty much like Aliens in tone and feel and the squad's abilities, I'll be happy as a clam. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 07:52:46 PM »

See I'd rather have a game like that using co-op multiplayer. Mission driven levels straight out of something like Aliens, where the game is designed to be a story driven multiplayer experience. Have the game scale the difficulty - ramp up the number of baddies, or make each one more powerful - depending on the number of players (like Diablo), so that you're not dependent on an exact number of squad mates. The only real trick would be finding solid players to play with, but that goes for basically any multiplayer game these days.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 08:04:50 PM »

I was thinking less as squadmates and more like STALKER ones. They do thier thing and work on things whileyou are but sometimes you come across them or go to help them. Maybe team up to do something then split up again.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 03:21:00 AM »

I want Bethesda's IHRA Drag Racing redone with upgraded graphics, sound, and a physics model from GTR.

Oh, and include motorcycles too  :mrgreen:

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 03:46:29 AM »

Fallout 3.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 11:43:42 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
I was thinking less as squadmates and more like STALKER ones. They do thier thing and work on things whileyou are but sometimes you come across them or go to help them. Maybe team up to do something then split up again.

That is kind of like the game I would like to see.  I liked the premise of that Star Trek FPS and I would like to see it expanded on.  Basically you start on some enormous as an Ensign and just do Fed Ex duties to get to know the ship, some combat training along the way and handle a few minor confrontations / emergencies.  Basically you get to know thet layout of the ship fairly well and are comfortable with the surroundings.

Then the bad thing happens.  Immense bombardment destroying sections, creating hazardous areas, etc followed by total infestation by a host of organisms (some hostile, some not so).  The goal is simply to find survivors to aid in the restoration and reclaimation of the ship.  Get techs and engineers to perform repairs, get security to guard critical areas, find eniviro dudes to decontaminate corridors.   Maybe rip off the Ressurection machines of SS2 and let you remake the guys that get killed.

It would be a cool feeling to equip your security dudes with a cache of rifles you found and slowly build little safe areas within the ship.
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 12:59:54 AM »

Traveller RPG with a spaceflight component.

Ale
maggie-chow
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2005, 07:39:45 AM »

I second that vote for Deus Ex: The Real Sequel

"I spill my drink!"    [Currently playing: Civ IV (PC), Romance of the Three Kingdoms X (PS2)]
Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 05:29:34 AM »

I'd like Interstate '77 (of course, the sequel to I'76).  Maybe make the game play kind of like Privateer with the ability to take various jobs, follow a main quest or just go explore.

I miss a really good car combat game.

Battlezone 3 would be my runner up.

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: