http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:38:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Xbox 720]Rare have new titles in development  (Read 361 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2012, 12:56:08 AM »

I wasn't brave enough to put [Xbox Durango] in the title Tongue

A few days ago it was said that Lionhead are making an 'MMO like' RPG for the next Xbox

Well now from CVG,Rare have multiple titles already in development for the next Xbox

It seems they will still be doing Kinect titles,but are also looking to expand by doing mature games

Rare, the once brilliant Nintendo developer and current producer of so-so Kinect games, is working on "new IPs for future platforms", a job advert has revealed.

The job listing, which was spotted by Superannuation, calls for a senior product manager to work on "multiple AAA future console releases".

"You will be joining a highly regarded publisher-backed studio that is responsible for a number of IPs currently on the market that have already hit number 1," reads the ad.

Fans of Rare's Kinect titles will be happy to hear the studio won't be abandoning properties such as Kinect Sports; instead it'll be widening its focus to include additional new IPs.

"Whilst continual development of their core releases will be maintained, the successful candidate will be joining at a time where the studio is looking to move into new areas and develop new IPs for future platforms."

Excitingly, it's suggested that the GoldenEye 64 and Perfect Dark dev might be returning to the first-person shooter genre. Be still, my beating heart.

"You will have a successful history of releasing exceptional AAA games and these will ideally be in the Action/Adventure or FPS genre but this is not essential."

Last month Rare appointed Sega West game design boss Simon Woodroffe as its new creative director.

"Games are my passion and they are Rare's passion so this is my dream role," he said. "I love working with talented and creative people and there are plenty of them here at Rare. I am looking forward to getting stuck into making incredible games that will be worthy additions to the pedigree of the studio."

Nothing would please me more to see Rare go back to its glory days,but another part of me remembers how busy they were when the 360 was first released(Kameo,Viva Pinata,Perfect Dark Zero and a little later Banjo 3) and then went into the background again,i don't think they had anything to do with the Banjo 1 and 2 and Perfect Dark XBLA re-releases-I could be wrong

and then there were Kinect Sports 1 and 2..not played them,so i can't comment on them

(Looking it up,it seems they have made quite a few Nintendo handheld games since Microsoft bought them...which is...surprising

about 9 titles in all)

FWIW-i really liked Viva Pinata and Banjo 3,but thought Kameo was so-so,i know it has its fans on here though and didn't like Perfect Dark Zero at all

I still want a Conker update!! icon_evil

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:02:37 AM »

Wish they would just make an actual Banjo 3.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »

Eurogamer had a great article about what happened to Rare. Basically, despite the name, it's not the same company anymore - most of the original team has moved on. So there's no chance if them going back to their glory days, unfortunately.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 19, 2012, 06:57:00 PM

Eurogamer had a great article about what happened to Rare. Basically, despite the name, it's not the same company anymore - most of the original team has moved on. So there's no chance if them going back to their glory days, unfortunately.

IIRC guys from Rare and i think the guys from Free Radical formed a studio but are concentrating on iOS games disgust

not sure if its the main guys from each studio

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 01:52:48 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 19, 2012, 06:57:00 PM

Yeah, I was about to say - Rare is long dead and gone. They haven't been anything but a name for like years and years now.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: